PDA

View Full Version : political chat

CdocZ
02-07-2005, 07:08 PM
here is where all the political stuff can be brought, to a single thread. this is instead of a bunch of people clogging a thread to death with another politics discussion, which is stupid because this is a car site, and its usually a car thread that gets killed.

spi-ti-tout
02-08-2005, 04:22 AM
CdocZ, this IS a micellanious section. We CANNOT possibly discuss ALL the political discussions that may come up in one thread. Things will get very confusing then and the whole thing will drop. Besides, its hardly ever that we talk about politics.

CdocZ
02-08-2005, 02:38 PM
this thread was more to express how annoying it is when a car thread gets slaughtered after a bunch of people have a political talk. i know 1 thread wont do, but i have made my protest, im happy

spi-ti-tout
02-08-2005, 02:41 PM
c'mon CdocZ, do you REALLY think the whole of UCP is being disturebed becauseof maybe only one or at times 2 random threads? Don't you think that almost everything that enters the micellanious section is micellanious? Nothing is slaughtered. Everything is neat. We finish talking politics, and go to another thread, simple. Here, I've made MY protest, so I'm happy :)

Matra et Alpine
02-08-2005, 02:42 PM
I think the Deronda F400 is better than the Ariel Atom

spi-ti-tout
02-08-2005, 02:45 PM
ROFL LMAO....
but just to continue...
Whats the specs of the Deronda?

Matra et Alpine
02-08-2005, 03:11 PM
See www.deronda.co.uk

Here was an independant test on the prototype in the UK --
The car will accelerate from 0-60 in sub 4 seconds. The top speed is in excess of 140mph, with 130 easily achievable even on the short straight at Bruntingthorpe, with 100 coming up in well under 10 seconds. The really impressive attribute of the F400 is its ability low down in the rev range. It pulls strongly out of corners. The low down torque coupled with the higher rev range of the turbo means the car has a wide power range.

Decave
02-08-2005, 03:29 PM
ummmmm just to make a point, the political thread got slaughtered lol.

Matra et Alpine
02-08-2005, 03:32 PM
hmm, satire lost on another American :) THAT was the intent :) You need to spend more time in the Aussie forums, Decave, to see how it works :)

spi-ti-tout
02-08-2005, 03:39 PM
See www.deronda.co.uk

Here was an independant test on the prototype in the UK --
The car will accelerate from 0-60 in sub 4 seconds. The top speed is in excess of 140mph, with 130 easily achievable even on the short straight at Bruntingthorpe, with 100 coming up in well under 10 seconds. The really impressive attribute of the F400 is its ability low down in the rev range. It pulls strongly out of corners. The low down torque coupled with the higher rev range of the turbo means the car has a wide power range.
Clarkson says if you can change gears fast enough the Atom will do 0-60 in 2.9 - isn't that much better than 4?

The corners are also very good on the Atom, me having seen one pull out of so many nice and clean. About the other 2 points tho, Idk.

spi-ti-tout
02-08-2005, 03:40 PM
What you talking about It hasn't even started yet :D

Matra et Alpine
02-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Clarkson says if you can change gears fast enough the Atom will do 0-60 in 2.9 - isn't that much better than 4?

The corners are also very good on the Atom, me having seen one pull out of so many nice and clean. About the other 2 points tho, Idk.
I wasn't thinking performance. They're close. it was more on looks, engineering and style I preferred it.

my porsche
02-08-2005, 03:47 PM
i like talking politics, even though im seriously outgunned people wise, and an occasional political thread is a great idea

maybe we can do certain topics and gradually change then periosdically

ex: first topic, gun control, and....GO! :p

Matra et Alpine
02-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Gun control is all about laws.
Just liek the FIA rules on historic rally cars. The Mini isn't allowed to compete with a 1380 engine. Surely limiting the engien bore (!) isn't fair. What do you think ?

my porsche
02-08-2005, 03:52 PM
oh i think bore laws are horridly un needed, much like rain, i mean it only makes things slippery, on the other hand, you can pretend you are a drifter, what are YOUR thoughts

spi-ti-tout
02-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Nah itd much better with the bore...makes it more challenging to do it with people in the same class. Your thoughts?

Matra et Alpine
02-08-2005, 04:00 PM
NOW you're getting the idea MP :)

The worst bores are those who try to take control and limit humour and innovation.....

my porsche
02-08-2005, 04:23 PM
oh deffinately matra, i like medium bored meself, around 3.6-3.8 litres ( :p )

VtecMini
02-08-2005, 04:50 PM
3.8 litres is over twice the size of my 1600cc engine. Given the fact that the centimetre is a redundant term in engineering, shouldn't it be described as 16,000cmm?*

crisis
02-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Well I think Britney Spears can sing.

spi-ti-tout
02-08-2005, 05:07 PM
wheres the conspiracy?

Esperante
02-08-2005, 05:10 PM
I am anti-Zionist.

There, I said it.

Matra et Alpine
02-08-2005, 05:17 PM
3.8 litres is over twice the size of my 1600cc engine. Given the fact that the centimetre is a redundant term in engineering, shouldn't it be described as 16,000cmm?*
oh, no you've awoken the "standards-nerd" in me :)

The fundamental SI unit of length is metre.
From that the derived SI unit of volume is metre^3 - either cubic-metre 0r metre-cubed.

There are 10 SI prexies for multiples of a fundamental or derived unit and 10 SI prefixes for submultiples.

"centi" is the standard SI prefiz for 10^-2 submultiples.

So volume is correctly identified as cm^3, and stated as cubic centimetre.

WARNING: This is what happens to you if you spend 25 years workign in a high tech R&D company :)

spi-ti-tout
02-08-2005, 05:20 PM
I think Mitsubishi can get kicked by every WRC team out there and then come back and kick every team back like in the days of Makinen.

(Warning: NO theory to support this)

my porsche
02-09-2005, 04:20 PM
i think porsche could whoop ass if they had a factory rally team, like the dakar 959 of the late 80's, there IS actually theory here though, spi-ti-tout

crisis
02-09-2005, 04:26 PM
i like talking politics, even though im seriously outgunned people wise, and an occasional political thread is a great idea

Well get in here., Fleet needs some help. :)

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11458&page=20&pp=15

carlover
02-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Just to make a point, you didn't have to make a point. :p

spi-ti-tout
02-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Well get in here., Fleet needs some help. :)

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11458&page=20&pp=15
Talking about cars discussed in a political manner (or so to speak :)) you still haven't answered me about that Volvo situation

spi-ti-tout
02-09-2005, 05:02 PM
i think porsche could whoop ass if they had a factory rally team, like the dakar 959 of the late 80's, there IS actually theory here though, spi-ti-tout
I never said there was no theory. What I said itself was a theory. I said there was never any theory to support it. Unless you're defending it, for which i then duly apologise :)

Porsche could never make anything light, especially a 4WD, and we all know that. Porsche specializes in heavy, high-performance RWD cars. For Porsche to go into WRC would mean serious losses guaranteed in their first year to gain experience, then another 1 year to actually make it up to the top chart.

crisis
02-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Talking about cars discussed in a political manner (or so to speak :)) you still haven't answered me about that Volvo situation
Jolt my memory ( I probably killed some brain cells since (in my case not a good move)). :)

spi-ti-tout
02-09-2005, 05:29 PM
Jolt my memory ( I probably killed some brain cells since (in my case not a good move)). :)
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11745
;)

ZeTurbo
02-09-2005, 07:23 PM
ok this will bring the worst in you all.

GEORGE W. BUSH IS A PUPPET! not only that but he LOOKS LIKE A CHIMP!

EDIT I HAVE FOUND EVIDENCE! (http://www.bushorchimp.com/pics.html)

EDIT2.o- what disclamer esperante? :D

Esperante
02-09-2005, 07:25 PM

note i have no evidence or desire to back this up with any kid of info, i am not even american so what i have to say is well, meaningless.
If you wanted to start an argument why did you leave a disclaimer? :p

crisis
02-09-2005, 10:09 PM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11745
;)
I must have agreed. I stopped discussing. :)

Misho
02-10-2005, 01:40 AM
bla bla bla

crisis
02-10-2005, 02:51 AM
bla bla bla
I hope none of those blahs were aimed at me. :D

Decave
02-10-2005, 08:47 AM
What you talking about It hasn't even started yet :D

i guess i got slaughtered :rolleyes: :D

Decave
02-10-2005, 08:48 AM

EDIT I HAVE FOUND EVIDENCE! (http://www.bushorchimp.com/pics.html)

EDIT2.o- what disclamer esperante? :D

HAHAHAHAHAHA. those are good pictures, but don't go insulting the president like a moron. all you idiots can do is call him a monkey. what about his policy?

Matra et Alpine
02-10-2005, 09:16 AM
all you idiots can do is call him a monkey. what about his policy?
All the simians on the planet think it excellent :)

Blitz_
02-10-2005, 09:40 AM
Although u all hate bush, he won the election, nuff said, u can bash him all u want, make comparisons wif chimps, but the fact still remains that he was voted in for another term of presidency, and all teh michael moore films and politcal protests did diddly squat. Im not pro-bush, im certainly no pro-kerry eitherm but bush is the best person at his level to deal with such a threat, every1 makes mistakes, but how do u think u would go if u were in his shoes?

Matra et Alpine
02-10-2005, 09:47 AM
Although u all hate bush, he won the election, nuff said, u can bash him all u want, make comparisons wif chimps, but the fact still remains that he was voted in for another term of presidency, and all teh michael moore films and politcal protests did diddly squat. Im not pro-bush, im certainly no pro-kerry eitherm but bush is the best person at his level to deal with such a threat, every1 makes mistakes, but how do u think u would go if u were in his shoes?
Don't hate Bush, hard to hate a person.
Don't like some of his policies and his attitude to individual peoples rights.
Cricism doesn't mean hate !!

TAKING advice is important and it doesn't seem as if he likes to have anyone around him who doesn't agree with him. I'd never do that. Never have.

His disregard for the law - internationally and at home ( homeland security is beign used to remove the rights to rpivacy - expect most of the US calls to be checked. Shoudl the government know every phoen call you made without asking a judge for permission. Well they can already !! ).
I'm a firm believer in the law is paramount and cannot be ignored and only changed with the agreement of the people. I don't consider a vote gives a mandate the way modern politicians seem to ( Blair is as bad oas Bush on this )
I believe in negotiating and if that fails in re-negotiating !!it woudl be arrogant of anyoen in a forum to believe they woudl do better than Bush as you ahve no concept of many private plans and restrictions. However, that shouldn't stop us beign able to critices our leaders when we believe there are higher morals and lawas to respond to than personal motives.

spi-ti-tout
02-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Although u all hate bush, he won the election, nuff said
hhhhmmmm....the why are you continuing?

u can bash him all u want,
ok

make comparisons wif chimps,
ok

but the fact still remains that he was voted in for another term of presidency,
very true

and all teh michael moore films and politcal protests did diddly squat.
not exactly

All in all...
do you know why Bush was voted president in the first place? because he promised lowered taxes, 'demockracy'(<-----get my drift?), an end to 'terrorism' and an end to the war in Iraq, while still in his term. As far as I'm concerned, tax rates are still the same, there has been no real democracy in any country, he want to invade another country that is a 'terrorist', and is not planning to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan anytime before that. Oh dear...looks like Bush really isn't the best person when it comes to situations like these, now is he?

Like Matra already mentioned(in another way), Bush is making mistakes, knows he's making mistakes, knows the consequences, and 'thinks' he knows everything, which btw he knows is very bad. And unlike anybody sensible, is unwilling to take any advise from anyone about anything from anywhere. This, you and I both know, is coincequential.

Let me give you an example. This is after all a car forum, and I find it lovely to introduce cars into politics in a way that helps, not disturbs. You may or may not have heard of the Tuscur(is that the one?) cars, discussed a few weeks back here on UCP. Tuscur(lets call the owner that), had a dream and decided to build a car. Fair enough. The only problem was, his dream was too technologically advanced. No problem, he built one that fitted his dream. The problem was, he never took advice from anyone and wanted to go ahead and plummet with this idea of a car. He introduced the first car even before he had a prototype. He wanted to push ahead with his idea until a time came where it blinded him. You see, GM and Ford were scared of what he could and would do to their markets if he ever really went into production. So, they put a little pressure on him. He cracked, and it went down. The thing is, had he listened to the mates around him and gone along with a simple car that was in its time, none of it would've happened. Today, maybe Tuscur would be a big car company and they could make that car that was technologically advanced for this era, while being able to fight back other car companies. He lost both ways, and well...it was sad..and coincequential.

The exact same thing is going to happen with the US and Bush if he doesn't listen and react accordingly, mark my words.

spi-ti-tout
02-10-2005, 01:50 PM
I must have agreed. I stopped discussing. :)
My first victory here on UCP :D

crisis
02-10-2005, 04:44 PM
My first victory here on UCP :D
Im easy to beat. Try knocking Matra off. ;)

my porsche
02-10-2005, 04:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA. those are good pictures, but don't go insulting the president like a moron. all you idiots can do is call him a monkey. what about his policy?

goooooood point!!!!

if we're gonna get into looks, john kerry looks like a racehorse, he talks monotonously, michael moore resembles a circle with chins attached

come on guys, grow up, argue about policies and facts, not looks

btw only one or two of thos pics actually resembled bush

crisis
02-10-2005, 05:03 PM
goooooood point!!!!

if we're gonna get into looks, john kerry looks like a racehorse, he talks monotonously, michael moore resembles a circle with chins attached
come on guys, grow up, argue about policies and facts, not looks

Huh?! :confused:

my porsche
02-10-2005, 05:05 PM
you must not have understood me because im a red stater, right?

comparing george w. bush to a monkey is childish, grow up

crisis
02-10-2005, 05:12 PM
you must not have understood me because im a red stater, right?

comparing george w. bush to a monkey is childish, grow up
But saying
"john kerry looks like a racehorse, he talks monotonously, michael moore resembles a circle with chins attached"
is not.
I get it. :rolleyes:

my porsche
02-10-2005, 05:15 PM
But saying
"john kerry looks like a racehorse, he talks monotonously, michael moore resembles a circle with chins attached"
is not.

i was showing how childish it is, read the whole posts, instead of selective reading, AND i was being phasecious

Spastik_Roach
02-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Ok to bring this up.

Someone who thinks Yusaf Islam (Formely Cat Stevens), a person who not only sang the song "Peace Train" but also was awarded the 'World Social Award' in 2003 for his humanitarian relief work,with previous recipients of this award including Pope John Paul II, Steven Spielberg, and Sir Paul McCartney, is linked with terrioists, is a complete idiot. It shows the complete discrimination that George Bush has against middle eastern religion. Also other things Yusaf Islam has done/been rewarded with.
In November 2004, he was honoured with the 'Man for Peace' award by a committee of Nobel peace laureates.
His U.N.-registered charity, Small Kindness, provides humanitarian relief, through direct aid as well as social and educational programs, to orphans and families in Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq and other regions of the world.

I rest my case.

EDIT: Ofcourse its probable that Dubya had nothing to do with this, but his whole government more than likely did.

Fleet 500
02-19-2005, 03:12 PM
But saying
is not.
I agree. Kerry doesn't look like a racehorse. He looks more like this... :D

Esperante
02-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Ok to bring this up.

Someone who thinks Yusaf Islam (Formely Cat Stevens), a person who not only sang the song "Peace Train" but also was awarded the 'World Social Award' in 2003 for his humanitarian relief work,with previous recipients of this award including Pope John Paul II, Steven Spielberg, and Sir Paul McCartney, is linked with terrioists, is a complete idiot. It shows the complete discrimination that George Bush has against middle eastern religion. Also other things Yusaf Islam has done/been rewarded with.
In November 2004, he was honoured with the 'Man for Peace' award by a committee of Nobel peace laureates.
His U.N.-registered charity, Small Kindness, provides humanitarian relief, through direct aid as well as social and educational programs, to orphans and families in Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq and other regions of the world.

I rest my case.

EDIT: Ofcourse its probable that Dubya had nothing to do with this, but his whole government more than likely did.
So you lay all the blame on Bush, making sure you think he was an asshole, and then at the end say, 'you know, Bush didn't really have anything to with it...'

What?

Decave
02-24-2005, 07:17 PM
All the simians on the planet think it excellent :)

ouch... OOO AAAH AAAAAH!!!