PDA

View Full Version : Whats your stupidest crash.

dimlight
02-11-2005, 12:46 PM
It has probably happened to most of us.
Mine was in the park. Cruising around in my peugeot 406 just finished painting it completely (retouch). I took the park because it was the softest route and then i saw these children with kites in the middle of the street. I dodged them and hit and old volkswagen beettle!! Right out of the paint shop :mad:

man 430gt
02-11-2005, 12:55 PM
It has probably happened to most of us.
Mine was in the park. Cruising around in my peugeot 406 just finished painting it completely (retouch). I took the park because it was the softest route and then i saw these children with kites in the middle of the street. I dodged them and hit and old volkswagen beettle!! Right out of the paint shop :mad:
Hahahahah (sorry:p) Unluck mate.:(:D

McReis
02-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Mine was driving a rented Iveco Daily. I approached the rear of a pick up to pass him, and strated to do the overtaking... When I was with my front right corner next to it's back left, my friend in the passengers seat just got scared with the proximity and scramed "Watch out!!!". I, not knowing what was the reason of that yelling, tried to abort the overtaking and steer again to my side of the road and hit the brakes. Anyway I smashed the front into the wood rear of the pick-up. With asolutely no need, and no fault.

So if you're unexperient and sitting in the passengers side and scared, just please STFU!!!!

:Exige:
02-11-2005, 01:24 PM
I was driving a tractor with mower on the back through a gateway .. the gateway was about 3 inches too small each side :) Luckily they were wooden so it only dented the mower .. had to panel beat the dents out though because the blades wouldnt go round :rolleyes:

Matra et Alpine
02-11-2005, 01:50 PM
uncles car - a Hillman Hunter - dropped him off for a beer. Picked up g/f of the time. Went for a drive and 'park'.
'after' , windows still steamed up (!) and I drove into a telegraph pole :)
Told him it happened on a corner and I lost control on the mud.
Better them thinking I'd lost control than them finding tou what we were up to I reckoned - her dad was a BIG guy :)
Everybody just nodded and talked about how crap the Hunter was for grip and handling. New wing - I had to fix it and a wee respray and all good. The car outlasted the g/f :)

my porsche
02-11-2005, 02:42 PM
on my old dirt bike, i fell going about 30mph, when it fell the throttle got nailed, so it stayed running, i looked round making sure no one saw it, and hopped on and rode away

Spastik_Roach
02-11-2005, 02:59 PM
I was on me BMX...riding back into our driveway..and I rode i the back of our car :o

It didn't hurt me tho...thank god.

It was actuallyreversing out..altho I couldn't see no lights on cause it was a real sunny day.

whiteballz
02-11-2005, 03:12 PM
hmm............

it would probably be riding off a 12 foot half pipe side ways. (deliberately.)

or trying to bunny hop onto a boulder...

or trying to ride over a barbed wire fence. (using a log to get over it.)

orr.... hmm riding into the back of a broken down car... (it was in the middle of my mountian trail, and it was gravel.. no grip equals rear tyre lock up. bike slid right in under the car. my shin hit the exhaust...

i want to know why a SS v8 was parked in the middle of a pine forest!

SIMPLETON
02-11-2005, 03:18 PM
When I was younger i was on my bicycle and going way too fast. By my estimation about 25-30 mph. I slammed on both brakes hoping to do lock up the rear wheel and do a controlled slide. but the the back got a bit sideways and the front tire got caught on a small stone and I went over the front.

Esperante
02-11-2005, 03:40 PM
My dad had literally driven his brand new Chrysler 300M out of the dealership and driven it about 70 feet when he parked at the Walgreens nextdoor. A car parked next to us, and before we got out, the neighboring car owner's all came out on the side of our car and banged the doors against ours about 5 times. Hard.

Matra et Alpine
02-11-2005, 03:46 PM
i want to know why a SS v8 was parked in the middle of a pine forest!
See my example for possible reasons :)

DevilsDance
02-11-2005, 04:39 PM
here is an accident that happened to a girl that i know
she was trying to park her new mazda 3 and after a lot of effort to park it between 2 cars suddenly she stepped very hard on the throttle and hit the car infront of her very hard then she went out and said "OH GOD I STEPPED ON THROTTLE INSTEAD OF BRAKES" thats the most stupid accident i have ever seen!!!

my porsche
02-11-2005, 04:43 PM
my dad played football in highschool and they were out practiving when a car full of girls drove by, the passenger tried to honk, but hit the wheel and drove into the tree instead

clutch-monkey
02-11-2005, 04:47 PM
i lost control in the wet in my vn commodore at..wait for it...20km/h.

DieselRacer
02-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Stupidest crash - now lets see... (well it's not that stupid, but it's the ONLY crash I've had on the road).

Toyota MR2 Turbo - 300bhp. Been driving about all day in damp conditions with no problems at all. I go under a bridge and put my foot down to go up a rather steep hill. I knew the road well, and in good conditions I reckon in that car I could reach 120mph by the time I got to the top.

Anyway... there was a slight curve as I put down the throttle. The turbo kicked in just at the wrong moment which dumped a load of power into the back wheels (I was only in 2nd gear). The back went to the right, and pointed the nose of the car directly at a lamppost - after some sawing at the wheel I managed to miss the post by about an inch (judging by the tyre marks). Trouble is now my back wheels have gone left and onto a muddy verge, pointing the car right and straight back over the road I was on. Unlucky for me, there was a parked van on the other side and I slammed into the side of it.

Wrote the van off, and did about £4000 of damage to the 2. :( Oh well - insurance paid for it all, and my daft cousin believed a story I made up about a van hitting me at a crossroads - so no harm done in the end. Damn scary though! :p

Off road - when I was 17 in a Ford Fiesta, I was chasing my mate's mini around a multistory carpark. He went round a corner and stopped. I went round the corner and didn't. :o

dimlight
02-11-2005, 08:27 PM
LOL! oh well now i dont feel bad about my accident...
Everybody crashes.. just that some ppl sooner than others .

taz_rocks_miami
02-11-2005, 10:24 PM
I've got three:

1. My dad: He was in a hurry one morning so he jumped in his car (1976 Ford Granada Ghia), put it in reverse to back out of the garage and....well, he forgot to open the garage door :D

2. My mom: She was making a 3 point turn (1984 Chevy Chevette) and backed into he church's side wall, making a big hole in it. It was really funny when her pastors face poped up though the hole with a WTF face!! She paid for the damage and all was forgiven :D

3. Not exactly a crash but it was funny, now it is when it happened I was mad :mad: Anyway, I was at a red light (1982 280ZX Turbo) behind a big truck with tree logs in the rear. Some how, one came loose and I watched as it rolled down ON TOP OF MY HOOD!!!! :eek: Didn't cause as much damage as you would imagine. The trucks company paid up :)

drakkie
02-12-2005, 01:33 AM
my dad had a very special one once.He was driving on a twisty road in his red citroen bx (10 years ago).on the road was also a person riding a horse.he overtook the horse, and the horse sidekicked a big dent into the right rear fender...

another one of my dad :
This time in his blue Citroen Saxo (about 6 years ago).We were driving back from our beach(on which you could drive ur car :p).anyway,a large group of cyclists were coming towards us.there was a special cycling paath, but for some reason they went onto the road.it was too late for my dad to brake, and a cyclist was hit.he went over the bonnet, and onto the window.only a lamp was damaged plus some dents in the bonnet.

and finally one of myself on my bike:
i was going about 45-50 km(average) that day according to my kilometer counter.i was even overtaking some scooters(limited to 42km/h).The day before i had cleaned my bike, and it had already gotten dirty again.so i was cleaning the rod between the front fender and the wheel hub.
http://img237.exs.cx/img237/7444/p72141836dc.th.jpg (http://img237.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img237&image=p72141836dc.jpg)
i saw a nice ferrari come by, and offcourse i stopped pedalling and cleaning and started looking.however i didnt went completely straight, and my foot still resting on the rod, went into my wheel.offcourse i flew over my steer straight into the tarmac, face first.i had a few scratches in my face,my bike was missing a spoke, and i was missing the lower part of four of my front teeth :) this was pretty stupid i guess... i had to be in the dentists seat for four hours in a row, and i can tell you , it sux !!!

Matra et Alpine
02-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Toyota MR2 Turbo .... Anyway... there was a slight curve as I put down the throttle. The turbo kicked in just at the wrong moment which dumped a load of power into the back wheels (I was only in 2nd gear). The back went to the right, and pointed the nose of the car directly at a lamppost
Best reason for everyoen remembering NOT to over power a cars chassis, tyres and hadnlign.
Sorry to hear that DR, but when you first mentioned in antoher thread you had an MR2, that picture came instantly to mind.
Sorry it happned in reality !!

Off road - when I was 17 in a Ford Fiesta, I was chasing my mate's mini around a multistory carpark. He went round a corner and stopped. I went round the corner and didn't. :o
hmm, racing in car park. BAD IDEA.
Going round corners you can't see round in public - EVEN "BADDER" IDEA !!
Hopefully you do it on track now and this works as another reminder to UCPers of my hot-topic. KEEP racing on tracks and closed stages. Doing it in public isnt' clever - it coudl have been a guy out walking his dog round the corner, not a mates car :(

UCR
02-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Hand brake turned into a garden wall.

Fiesta was a front ender.

It was an accident though..... :rolleyes:

The Tuner
02-12-2005, 06:44 AM
was driving with a friend in the car, started taking an exit, nice long gentle turn. turn to talk, look back, see a barrier with a 20 foot drop in front of me. turns out the bloody exit suddenly became really sharp after the first gentle turn. i tapped the brakes just enought to not lock them, and turn. i know i wud have been fine in a rear wheel drive, but the bloody fwd i was in went out a bit too much. anywyz, hit the pavement wit the wheel, went up a bit, bumper into the wall.

got into my car at a petrol station, turn it on, put it into reverse and go back...w/o looking. :s bumped a car behind me.

QuattroMan
02-12-2005, 01:24 PM
I was diving a 98 NSX this was about 6 years age, I was going about 30-35mph when truck stopped real fast and front of the NSX went under the truck, later my insurance company fined out this guys were fraud, :mad: