PDA

View Full Version : Schnell S2

my porsche
02-12-2005, 05:01 PM
I have designed a car, and i am making a brochure, i have a few drawings, and i will be posting them and the brochure

just thought id make this thread so i dont forget, also ruim20, would you mind making a 3D model of this?

Egg Nog
02-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Is there a Schnell S1, or are you going to work backwards? ;)

my porsche
02-12-2005, 08:35 PM
there is actually, but its shit, im just numbering them in the order that complete projects come off the desk in, i can post the S1 i guess, but im telling you its shit

whiteballz
02-12-2005, 08:58 PM
post both?

my porsche
02-12-2005, 09:12 PM
post the S2 and S1, they are two cars i made, one is shit, the other is mildly shit hold on im gonna scan im a minute

danno
02-12-2005, 09:23 PM
cool i cant wait.

my porsche
02-12-2005, 10:11 PM
ok, i scanned the drawings and when i emailed it to myself it said it cant open because there is no assiciation, but my dad will help me in the morning, but for now there is the brochure and the numbers, i need you to see what looks wierd/bad/too optimistic and let me know!

Schnell S2
The Schnell S2, Schnell means “quick” in German, and that is exactly what the S2 is designed to do. Go fast. But that’s only part of the equation; the other parts are luxury, ride quality, sound, and superb handling. All of these combine in the S2 to form a truly sensational super car.

The Engine
The engine is a Mercedes derived naturally aspirated sixty degree V-12, with capacity at 6.0 litres, giving the car 640 BHP and 510 Lb-Ft of torque. This combined with the proper gearing gives the car a blistering 0-60 mile per hour time of 3.2 seconds, and onward to a top speed of 220 miles per hour. The car only weights 2,500 pounds, further adding to its speed and handling abilities, and combining with the huge amount of horsepower, for 105 horse power per litre, and 6.75 lbs per horsepower.

The Interior
The interior has all the amenities you might expect from a luxury limousine, much less, a modern super car. But to say it has a luxurious feel is not to say that it has no edge or racing feel. The S2 is designed to be as close to the racetrack as you can get while maintaining legal status. Things like Carbon Fibre doorsills, built in lap timer, supportive, yet supple racing seats, thick rim alcantara wrapped steering wheel, and alcantara headliner, dashboard, and door panels ensure that you feel comfortable, yet racy. But with just the right touch of wood accents, it still looks sophisticated.

The Drive
As soon as you press the door release button, and the carbon fibre door swings skyward, you know you are in for a special experience. Step over the wide carbon doorsills, and settle into the cradling racing seats, strap into the seat belt and look over the hood at the stretch of road begging to be scorched. Insert the smart key, flip up the aircraft-esque ignition cover, depress the Start button, and then it comes. A full on assault of the sound senses, the roar of the quad exhaust pipes fills the cabin as the huge power plant bursts into life. There’s no need to depress the clutch to begin your journey, as there is no clutch, the S2 has a Sequential Manual gearbox, simply press the paddle on the right to select first gear, and your in for a ride you wont soon forget. As you come back down through the gears and go to park this marvelous automobile, there is a special Park Gear lever on the center column. On track, this is a very different beast, gone are its mild road manners, and seemingly instantly appearing are a strange yet delightful set of new manners, S manners. By selecting the “S” button on the three-spoke steering wheel, you enter a whole new world of performance you never thought existed. When you press that button, the suspension dampers automatically go to their tightest setting, the car lowers one inch, the steering ratio shortens fro 15.4:1 to 14.0:1, and the Redline is raised from 7,500 to 7,800.

The Expierience
The car comes with many extras, including three pairs of tailored driving shoes, a tailored driving suit, a three-day course on how to drive the car, a custom, hand made set of fitted luggage, matching the color of the car’s interior, a full rolling tool chest, and a small kit of essential tools for the road ahead. The shoes are fully customised, including the panel colors, to maximise the driving pleasure and ability, the suit, matching the shoes is tailored, for that perfect fit, and of the highest quality protection. A Schnell Jacket, Sweater, T-shirt, Hat, and poster are all included in the press kit that you will receive when you place an order for the Schnell S2. Upon delivery of your Schnell, you will receive a custom Rolex watch designed to compliment your Schnell, with the chassis number and your initials engraved into it.

-------------------------------------------------

Schnell S2 Projected Specifications
Engine:
Brake Horse Power 640 at 6,000 RPM
Pound Feet of Torque 510 at 4,000 RPM
Engine Displacement 5998cc. / 360cu. In.
Engine Location Mid, Longitudinally Mounted
Aspiration Naturally Aspirated

Engine Type Mercedes 60 Degree V-12
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Gearbox 6 Speed Sequential Manual
Horse Power to Litre 105 BHP/L
Drive Rear Wheel DrivePounds Per Horse Power 3.75 Lbs.

General Specifications:
Weight 2,400 Lbs. / 1,091 Kilo
Projected Maximum Speed 220MPH / 356 KMHBody/Design Colin ******
Country Of Origin United States

Acceleration (MPH, Seconds):
0-10 0.3
0-20 0.9
0-30 1.4
0-40 2
0-50 2.6
0-60 3.2
0-100 6
0-120 8
0-180 16
0-220 30
Quarter Mile 10.5
0-100-0 9.5
100-0 3.5

Aerodynamic Specifications: Downforce at 150 MPH (Lbs.) 350
Drag at 150 MPH (Lbs.) 460
Downforce at 180 MPH (Lbs.) 500
Drag at 180 MPH (Lbs.) 660
Downforce at 205 MPH (Lbs.) 650
Drag at 205 MPH (Lbs.) 860
Drag Coefficient 0.35
Skid Pad Grip (g's) 1.1

my porsche
02-12-2005, 10:12 PM
i also have a chart illustrating the acceleration figures, but i cant seem to be able to copy and paste it :(

SPHFerrari
02-12-2005, 10:36 PM
well i just designed a go kart. it has a v12 with 1000 hp and does 0-60 in 1 second and pulls 5 Gs on the skidpad. honestly, anyone can make aup a car and its figures, its another thing to design it and have it do those things

whiteballz
02-12-2005, 10:38 PM
ah but did you do a broshure? did you take the time and care to think about it? i belive his numbers are possible.

why diss him like that?

i want pics! :) seriously good job so far.

my porsche
02-12-2005, 10:39 PM
thats my ultimate goal, read another thread and you'll see im designing a wind tunnel and making a clay model

whiteballz
02-12-2005, 10:41 PM
kudos to you MP.

my plan is to become a designer, so i know the details involved and the thinking process. youve got a good start right there!

my porsche
02-12-2005, 10:41 PM
ah but did you do a broshure? did you take the time and care to think about it? i belive his numbers are possible.

why diss him like that?

i want pics! :) seriously good job so far.
thanks mate! ill have pics tommrow, my dad is a computer guru (all hail him, allmighty! :p ) so he'll help me get them on this computer, the scanner is hooked up to the other computer

the numbers will be easily reachable if the designated hp, torque and downforce is acheived, if you get the proper traction! :D

my porsche
02-12-2005, 10:42 PM
kudos to you MP.

my plan is to become a designer, so i know the details involved and the thinking process. youve got a good start right there!
hey thanks man, pm me and we can talk more specifically about this!

my porsche
02-13-2005, 02:34 PM
ok here are the pics

front/back
interior
side
alternate side (has the black part in the cockpit, and loks uglyier than the other one., and its facing the right )

hold on, invalid file type

IWantAnAudiRS6
02-13-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm posting these on the behalf of Colin, as his computer won't let him upload them

I love the car, Col, keep it up!

my porsche
02-13-2005, 02:57 PM
thanks sam, ok here goes, the full left is the crap interior, the second left is the alternate side view, the right is the good side view ( i think its better, let me know what you guys thingk) and the bottom is the front and back view

TheStig
02-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Im not gonna bother saying the 3 cars this looks a lot like, but its pretty awesome. Good work. :)

my porsche
02-13-2005, 04:19 PM
no please say, one of the main reasons i put it up along with the brochure is to get constructive critisism, so what does it look like? i think gallardo mixed with 360 on one and enzo on the other

and the brochure what can be added/changed/taken out?

my porsche
02-13-2005, 04:37 PM
all you 111 people who have viewed it, post what you think please, i need feedback here! :D this is the testing design stage of my design

johnnynumfiv
02-13-2005, 04:38 PM
give it a paint job, aka shade the body so it looks curvy from the side views.

baddabang
02-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Nice Interior, outside is col.

my porsche
02-13-2005, 04:48 PM
ok shading ill get on that, im not so good at it, but ill try

i think the interior is a little bland what do you think badda?

Spastik_Roach
02-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Very nice, I love designing of it. Interior looks fine to me, could you colour it? Would be interesting to see what colour scheme the interior would have.

my porsche
02-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Very nice, I love designing of it. Interior looks fine to me, could you colour it? Would be interesting to see what colour scheme the interior would have.
i could, but its up to the options, plus i can never get it right with shadowing when i color with well, color

whiteballz
02-13-2005, 08:51 PM
do you want me to have a whack at shading/colourising it?

my porsche
02-13-2005, 09:07 PM
sure, have a go, pm me also whiteballz

whiteballz
02-13-2005, 10:00 PM
well, here is the design coloured.

really crappily coloured by me. lol... anyways enjoy

ZeTurbo
02-13-2005, 10:28 PM
nice job MP, you really have a nice idea there. try making a 3d view. coventry sucks did a thread some time ago explaining how to do it.

if u have trouble finding it tell me.

my porsche
02-13-2005, 10:34 PM
i sent ruim20 a pm about making a wire frame for me and he will, whiteballz you like that one? i like the other side view

which one does everyone like? the curvy one with the brakes showing or the other one?

whiteballz
02-13-2005, 11:12 PM
i just used that pic coz it has slightly more detail to work this thats all. i like the other one because you see the cars shape better

danno
02-14-2005, 12:11 AM
The second one with the brakes showing is better IMO. just make the wheels a bit smaller though. Generally the wheels on a car like that would be about, or slightly less than half its height.

IMO the interior is slightly bland. I think you need to work out exactly what buttons you will need. for instance traction control settings, CD/radio settings, air con, sat nav, lap timer (seeing as its a race car basically :) ), etc.

work out exactly what equipment levels you have, and then design the buttons, keeping in mind exactly what you want each button to do.

then, design the rest of the dash, using different materials, alluminium, carbon fiber, wood, etc.

(sorry i'll stop telling you exactly what to do now :D )

whiteballz
02-14-2005, 12:18 AM
trust me danno, designers can only get better with CC. we (MP & me) both need that sort of stuff.

danno
02-14-2005, 01:25 AM
trust me danno, designers can only get better with CC. we (MP & me) both need that sort of stuff.

i know, but i was going past that, and telling him exactly what he should do :D

my porsche
02-14-2005, 07:34 AM
danno said 'exactly' 4 times! :D

whats CC whitey? carbon composites? consturctive critisism?

lithuanianmafia
02-14-2005, 10:48 AM
consturctive critisism

btw, awesome job MP, my only problem is those wheels, they're fukin massive!!!!! :p just make a lil smaller, and ur in the clear

my porsche
02-14-2005, 10:52 AM
i like the 'fukin massive' wheels :D

ive been working on a new interior, much muuuuuuuuuch better, ill post in about half an hour

my porsche
02-14-2005, 12:59 PM
ok now in jpeg, thanks matt

revised pictures, now shaded

new interior

danno
02-14-2005, 05:08 PM
ok now in jpeg, thanks matt

revised pictures, now shaded

new interior

VERY nice work on the interior. its much more stylish now.

are you using a touch screen for most of your controls? i dont see too many buttons.

my porsche
02-14-2005, 06:39 PM
yes, similar to iDrive, but much much, much, muuuuuuuch better

the threaa buttons are: park gear, reverse, start

my porsche
02-14-2005, 07:57 PM
i have now glued together the foam to make my mock-up, when it dries i will carve it to the shape, then add clay to form a thin layer that will smooth it, then i will make my wind tunnel and see what it looks like, i will try to get video, but no promises

Rockefella
02-14-2005, 08:10 PM
i have now glued together the foam to make my mock-up, when it dries i will carve it to the shape, then add clay to form a thin layer that will smooth it, then i will make my wind tunnel and see what it looks like, i will try to get video, but no promises
Sell it and send me any profits through PayPal.

my porsche
02-14-2005, 08:18 PM
i think it would be undescribably awesome to sell this design to a car company, that would make my life complete

preferably:
porsche
aston martin
ford
bmw
mercedes
NO CHEVYS! ugh i hate chevy!
ferrari
lamborghini
noble
mclaren (:p they are not with mercedes anymore)
any others willing to pay actually :D

QuattroMan
02-14-2005, 09:51 PM
I have designed a car, and i am making a brochure, i have a few drawings, and i will be posting them and the brochure

just thought id make this thread so i dont forget, also ruim20, would you mind making a 3D model of this?

any pics mp???

my porsche
02-15-2005, 06:53 AM
they are further into the text, post 38 Q