PDA

View Full Version : who's into techno?

r1ckst4
02-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey i was just wondering who else is into techno here? what is/are your favourite track? so i can go and d/l them :D

mine:
Safri Duo - The Bongo Song
Darude - Sandstorm
Public Domain - Operation Blade (Bass to the place London)
Prodigy - Smack My Bitch up

Niko_Fx
02-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Hey i was just wondering who else is into techno here? what is/are your favourite track? so i can go and d/l them :D

mine:
Darude - Sandstorm

Cool songs R1ckst4 :cool:

Here are some Dance/Techno songs that you might like too:

Prodigy - VooDoo People
Warp Brothers - We Will Survive
Aquagen - Hard to say I'm sorry
Scooter - Ramp
DJ Quicksilver - Bitter Sweet Symphony
DJ Tiesto - Traffic (Try and get this one live if possible)

I'll post some more tomorrow :)

IBrake4Rainbows
02-12-2005, 09:56 PM
The Prodigy: Spitfire
Linus Loves: Stand Back
Faithless: Miss u Less, See u More

Thats all i can think of, i listen to more Rock music on my iPod, it doesn't do bass.....

whiteballz
02-12-2005, 10:30 PM
great songs so far lads.

nick skitz - lightenfels sounds like a meody
nick skitz - peran - we want to be free
nick skitz - brooklyn bounce - x2x

fischerspooner - emerge (daft punk mix)

the prodigy - minefeilds

daft punk - harder better faster stronger
daft punk - areodynamic

clear blue waters
the answer

^^ ^^ ^^ i dont know the artist...

i have a friend who makes some serious stuff, msn me if you want them

[email protected]

UCR
02-13-2005, 03:06 AM
A few Albums:

The Chemical Brothers - Push the Button
Prodigy - Always outnumberd never outguned
ATB - No silence
Paul Van Dyk - The politics of dancing.

Mate theres like 600 raving tunes on me comp. :D

IF u want add me on msn. (pm me 1st) ;)

drakkie
02-13-2005, 09:37 AM
as is whiteballz, i am a HUGE techno/trance/dance fan.. I'm from THE country of techno ,you know..

try downloading some of these:
Paul van dijk- crush (long edition)
Tiesto- adagio for strings
Dj Jean- every single day
Tiesto- solarcoaster
tiesto- Summerbreeze (full cd, old(12 years ago) but very good)

if you add me to your msn, we can exchange eachother some songs/cds.i have over 70 cd's so there is plenty of stuff too choose from !!

my msn: [email protected]

whiteballz
02-13-2005, 01:15 PM
also try -

Dirt Devils - music is life (got that one from drakkie a while ago)

Carl coz - phuture 2000.

i shall update with more as i remember them, i have 1724 songs, i cant remember them all!

UCR
02-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Try this. Ive got most of them.... (http://www.listology.com/content_show.cfm/content_id.14398)

r1ckst4
02-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Try this. Ive got most of them.... (http://www.listology.com/content_show.cfm/content_id.14398)
whoa! thanks for the link bro!

i dont have a lot of techno collection... only have a few on my comp... i dont really know the name of songs or the DJ's.... so i dont know what to download...

I know quite a few songs but as i said i dont know their name... only hear them when i go clubbing with friends in the weekend....

lol, i dont really buy cds :D :D the only techno cd i have is the 2004 Annual Ministry of Sounds... i'm gonna try to get the 2005 MOS soon.

IBrake4Rainbows
02-13-2005, 10:49 PM
do, if you liked the Mark Dynamix set from the 2004 annual, the 2005 is better, by far.

ZeTurbo
02-13-2005, 10:53 PM
wow, i just downloaded some, they were pretty awsome.

there are some that are essential to any dance/techno fan: these guys make remarkable music.
DJ Tiesto, Paul Van Dyke, Paul Oakenfold(not sure about the spelling here), mario lopez, Mauro picotto, Benny Benassi (especially, Love is gonna save us) ,CJ STONE- pretty much evrything you get from these guys is quite good!!

then there are a few cool songs:

Lauzprecher- Omnibus (ricksta, if u like sandstorm ull love this one)
Arminn Van Buuren- eternity
DJ Sammy-heaven, boys of summer, California dreaming ( really good one)
Sash- Equador (classic)
Voodoo & Serano- Overload

also you might like GTA (german trance alliance)

there is so much more but that is a nice start.

my porsche
02-13-2005, 10:56 PM
if the song Jerk It Out by Ceasars is techno then i like it, i like some songs, like the ones from Euro Trip :p

ZeTurbo
02-13-2005, 11:13 PM
LOL euro trip, thats a hillarious movie

some scenes are just wrong though... when when there is a guy screaming " the pope is dead!!!".... that was pretty bad taste.

whiteballz
02-15-2005, 02:43 AM
found another great

robert miles - children

r1ckst4
02-15-2005, 03:19 AM
that's a pretty well known song! i love it... i've been trying to get this song but i dont know what it's called or who the creator is.... but now i know :D

thanks whiteballz!

whiteballz
02-15-2005, 03:23 AM
no prob r1ckst4

r1ckst4
03-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Sorry to bring up this old thread again... but i thought i better post my question here since we have so few techno fans..

i'm listening to Ministry of Sound: 2005 Annual at the moment... got the CD a month ago.

Just wondering... which do u like better? the 05 Annual or the 04? coz after a few comparisons i think i like the 04 annual album better... it's got better songs i reckon... the 05 annual hav some really good songs but then when u get to the end bits the songs arent that good anymore and gets pretty boring...

any thoughts?

whiteballz
03-22-2005, 01:33 AM
MOS "sessions" is the best.

04 i think is good, but 05 has great highlights in it.

04 is chillout i rekon, songs blend better into eachother.
05 has bad songs, but it has great songs to make up for it.

drakkie
03-22-2005, 05:59 AM
just get the 2004 Sensation White album.it is really good. it's a festival recording with the best dutch/european Dj's.just plain awesome.i have two cd's of it, and am gonna buy the next one too !!! if you ever want them, i'll rip them for anyone ..:) trading for a cd of the receiver ;)

i'll post a list of all my cd's soon !

Rockefella
03-22-2005, 10:11 AM
OOh, I like this thread. :)

targa
03-22-2005, 03:13 PM
i like techno, i only listen to it when im driving though

only thing is i find i drive alot faster that normal when i listen to it

cuntukimushroom
03-22-2005, 04:57 PM

mine:
Darude - Sandstorm
Public Domain - Operation Blade (Bass to the place London)
hey hey hey! im into techno!!! chemical brothers, basementjaxx prodigy the lot, good to see someone that likes it, havnt seen most of them around :)

IBrake4Rainbows
03-22-2005, 10:36 PM
2004 Annual was good, but it was a bit cruisy, and still, IMO, had a bit of a "Recorded Set" feel, rather than an actual album.

2005 was much more professionally done, but I have to say i seem to like fewer of the songs.

I only listen to the Mark Dynamix Discs from either set; everything else really does sound too much like a rave. I suppose you could call it "Trance Lite" :p

crisis
03-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Dont mind chemical brothers, propeller head, fat boy (if they qualify), and various other individual songs. Not my 1st choice but Im an old fart.

r1ckst4
03-22-2005, 11:02 PM
just get the 2004 Sensation White album.it is really good. it's a festival recording with the best dutch/european Dj's.just plain awesome.i have two cd's of it, and am gonna buy the next one too !!! if you ever want them, i'll rip them for anyone ..:) trading for a cd of the receiver ;)

i'll post a list of all my cd's soon !
yea, i recommend trance/techno fans to trade with drakkie... he's the man. :)

we've been trading for a while, 1 song from me so far... and 6 from him :D

he's sending me DJ TIESTO's album and i'm sending him CD1 of MOS: 05

r1ckst4
03-22-2005, 11:05 PM
hey hey hey! im into techno!!! chemical brothers, basementjaxx prodigy the lot, good to see someone that likes it, havnt seen most of them around :)
dude... theres quite a lot of people here who are into techno now... best part of it is going clubbing and dance like hell with other people its so much fun! chicks love it too... :D

drakkie
03-26-2005, 03:23 AM
as i promised a while back, here is the full list of cd's i have.i have some loose songs on my computer as well.

Dj Tiesto:

Just Be
Parade of the athletes
In search of Sunrise 1
In search of Sunrise 2
In search of Sunrise 3
Magik 1
Magik 2
Magik 3
Magik 4
Magik 6 Live at amsterdam
Magik 7 Live at Los Angeles
Summerbreeze
Space age 2

Dj Jean:
Madhouse 11 (2 cd’s)

Dj Jurgen :
After hour power

Jean Michel Jarre:
Aero
Oxygene 7-13

Ferry corsten :
World tour

Mike oldfield
Tres Lunas
Tubular bells

Moby:
Hotel

Paul van dijk:
Reflections

Various artists:
Sensation white 2003 (2 cd’s)
Sensation white 2004 (2 cd’s)
Sensation black 2004 (2 cd’s)
Hard club (2 cd’s)
AK 1200- at close range
Hard club (2 cd’s)
The best of trance 2003 (4 cd’s)
Trance, the ultimate collection (4 cd’s)
Trance energy 200?
Some cd s with random Hardcore songs (3 cd’s)
Happy hardcore –the best of the best (2 cd’s)
Some cd’s with random trance songs (4 cd’s)

edit: a quick count gives 53 cd's in total :p it becomes pretty hard to choose sometimes... i forgot Daft Punk- Discovery.i will get the latest cd of daft punk too this week

whiteballz
03-26-2005, 03:28 AM
i have about half that list :D but about 1000 trance/dance/big beat/ techno on my PC, then about another 20 diff CD's of progressive house :D

LTT
03-26-2005, 07:05 AM
So is techno a big thing over in Europe/Australia? This just seems odd to me, seeing so many techno fans. It seems virtually non-existant on my side of the pond.

deffenbaugh03
03-26-2005, 07:49 AM
I love techno but it's so unpopular here and i don't know very many songs so thanks for suggesting all these. My favorite is Sandstorm for sure, but a few other ones that i think are good that haven't been mentioned yet are:
Overload- Voodoo & Serano
Blood Is Pumping- Voodoo & Serano

and i don't know if this is technically techno but the Matrix Theme Song by Propellorheads is pretty good too (if you've never seen the matrix)

Tijgetje
03-26-2005, 08:06 AM
In The Netherlands it is a big thing! Many like techno, hardstyle, (hard) trance, dance etc. Including me :cool:

The Beholder - Bigger, Better, Louder
DJ Scot Project - FM (Feelin' Me)
DJ Luna - Mindspace (Black Anthem '04)
DJ Outblast - Life Sentence For Mankind
DJ Dana - Secret Dream (Hardmix)
DJ Lee - X-Perience
Sunclub - Jump

r1ckst4
03-26-2005, 02:05 PM
So is techno a big thing over in Europe/Australia? This just seems odd to me, seeing so many techno fans. It seems virtually non-existant on my side of the pond.
i dont know why its so unpopular... i went to a music store yesterday and was lookin for some techno cds, i spent around 5 minutes in the little shop to look for the techno/dance section and to my surprise its hidden right in the end of the shop, in the corner by the store room where most people wont find it... :( and they didnt have a lot of options either...

Blood Is Pumping- Voodoo & Serano
dont know why but i really dont like that song...

whiteballz
03-26-2005, 02:28 PM
its unpopular over here too, its like six degrees of seperation:D

im into all sorts of music though, im not a die hard fan of any type. tho i have more dance etc then rock.

drakkie
03-28-2005, 02:12 AM
i only have a few rock cd's... most are quite old.i have gotten Moby's last cd Hotel now too...