PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar D Type

McLareN
02-19-2005, 04:32 AM
(from UCP) This is the Jaguar D-Type, as raced on LeMans with succes in the middle and late 50's. It won LeMans in 1955, 1956 and 1957, it went obsolete in 1958 when rules changed and the maximum displacement was set at 3 litre. The D-Type was powered by a 3.4 - 3.8 litre straight six engine, known as the XK engine. The 3.4 litre engine produced 250 bhp, it had a topspeed of 162 mph (260.7 km/h). Jaguar also built a street version of the D-Type, the XK-SS, both cars are very rare and many replicas are around.

Spastik_Roach
02-19-2005, 05:20 AM
I'm pretty sure i've seen a Replica of that. Nice car..

Matra et Alpine
02-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Mate's uncle was one of the race mechanics for the winning Ecurie Ecosse team of D-types. He used to sit in the D-type when it was in edinburgh and his uncle was workign on it :)

We've been in the restored Ecurie Ecosse transporter and cars and sat in them. Lovely smell of old oil and leather :)
Got some footage of them at Mount Stuart, wil try and look it out

Overtake
09-05-2007, 09:52 AM
Mate's uncle was one of the race mechanics for the winning Ecurie Ecosse team of D-types. He used to sit in the D-type when it was in edinburgh and his uncle was workign on it :)

We've been in the restored Ecurie Ecosse transporter and cars and sat in them. Lovely smell of old oil and leather :)

Hi Matra! Any chance of me seeing this?? I´m making models of that Jaguars and would love to add the transporter too... need references.

{}Overtake

faksta
09-05-2007, 09:59 AM

Lucky you! :rolleyes: You mean you get the vid? If ypu've no plans of posting it on the forum, could you send it to my e-mail, please?

Matra et Alpine
09-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Wow ... the event was 4 years ago :( Sorry I can't say when I could get time to go back and find vid of it.
It was all mainly background stuff and the cars, not the transporter. Mate might have pics of the inside -- he pointed out to them that the sink was in the wrong place !!! :)
See it here http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/multimedia/3829-mount-stuart-2003-renault-alpine.html
Googling will find plenty of pics including some from the restoration

clutch-monkey
09-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty sure i've seen a Replica of that. Nice car..

there was one at phillip island so it could be getting round A/NZ for sure.

faksta
09-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Wow ... the event was 4 years ago :( Sorry I can't say when I could get time to go back and find vid of it.
It was all mainly background stuff and the cars, not the transporter. Mate might have pics of the inside -- he pointed out to them that the sink was in the wrong place !!! :)
See it here http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/multimedia/3829-mount-stuart-2003-renault-alpine.html
Googling will find plenty of pics including some from the restoration

Oh, I see.. I thought you meant 'video' saying 'footage'. :p