PDA

View Full Version : Renault Alpine A110

Dino Scuderia
02-21-2005, 07:35 AM
This is Tamiya's kit painted TS Alpine Blue(which is Light Metallic Blue now). Tried to put as realistic of a finish on it as I could, dull bumpers, weather stripping around front and rear windows painted on. A coat of light colored metalizer sprayed on wheels, then a darker one, then with fine grit polishing cloth the dark color was rubbed off the raised areas. Engine has been wired and Sakatsu velocity stacks added.

Dino Scuderia
02-21-2005, 07:37 AM
More piccies.

Wouter Melissen
02-21-2005, 07:39 AM
NICE ! I like what you did with the wheels.

DasModell
02-21-2005, 08:08 AM
bloody hell that looks good ..

spi-ti-tout
02-21-2005, 08:22 AM
I think Matra just found his dream car :D

ScionDriver
02-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Thats nice! Great work, I love it.

Manik
02-21-2005, 01:20 PM
yes i agree it is a great model you did a great job on it. I like the piant job!

Matra et Alpine
02-21-2005, 01:28 PM
I think Matra just found his dream car :D
Got it - and the 1/12th scale R/C and many 1/24 metal and 1/43 and even 1/66 :)

henk4
02-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Nice work once more. I thought the blue came out too light, but then I went back to "henk's alpines" posted more than a year ago, and it shows the same car with the same paint also come out much lighter then in reality where it has much deeper shine. Can't wait to start building the rallye version that Tamiya will be issuing soon..

Plutus
02-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Great work Dino. Did you use paint for the chrome window surrounds or some sort of foil? Looks like you have painted them but can't tell for sure.

Matra et Alpine
02-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Can't wait to start building the rallye version that Tamiya will be issuing soon..
HLJ are saying March :)
Anyone else saying they'll be stocking it ?
Do you know if the AcuStion metal-etch parts fit or are needed ? I can't find much about this - hlj are my main source for new release info :)

Dino Scuderia
02-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Nice work once more. I thought the blue came out too light, but then I went back to "henk's alpines" posted more than a year ago, and it shows the same car with the same paint also come out much lighter then in reality where it has much deeper shine. Can't wait to start building the rallye version that Tamiya will be issuing soon..

Thanks!

My camera always makes blue look lighter than it really is.

forza_autodelta
02-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Do you know if the AcuStion metal-etch parts fit or are needed ? I can't find much about this - hlj are my main source for new release info :)
hey there is many news in March: gran tourismo 4 , new R/C cars and many others things all over the world , I should keep some money ....
Good job Dino , I though it was a real car , the color didn't shocked me

henk4
02-21-2005, 02:00 PM

http://www.tamiya.com/english/news/news0503/news1.htm#24278

haven't checked the aftermarket parts.

Dino Scuderia
02-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Great work Dino. Did you use paint for the chrome window surrounds or some sort of foil? Looks like you have painted them but can't tell for sure.

Thanks!

I painted the window surround black then went around the ridge of the surround with Tamiya's chrome silver marker. That way it looks like a rubber gasket on both sides of the chrome.

forza_autodelta
02-21-2005, 02:03 PM
can we open the doors , the bonnet or the the boot?I don't think

henk4
02-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks!

I painted the window surround black then went around the ridge of the surround with Tamiya's chrome silver marker. That way it looks like a rubber gasket on both sides of the chrome.

Good idea, is the marker thin enough to leave some black visible? When I did the 1/12 Mini I went as far as cutting thin stripes of bare metal foil, but that would certainly not be feasible in 1/24.

Dino Scuderia
02-21-2005, 02:06 PM
can we open the doors , the bonnet or the the boot?I don't think

If you are skilled enough I'm sure you could open the doors and hinge them. I don't remember any detail under the boot, you would have to scratchbuild that area.

Dino Scuderia
02-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Good idea, is the marker thin enough to leave some black visible? When I did the 1/12 Mini I went as far as cutting thin stripes of bare metal foil, but that would certainly not be feasible in 1/24.

If you are careful to use light pressure so you don't press the part to much into the felt tip....it works pretty well, and quick.

I also milked paint out of the marker, thinned it a little and masked the other trim on the body and brush painted the chrome on so it would match the window chrome.

henk4
02-21-2005, 02:13 PM
If you are careful to use light pressure so you don't press the part to much into the felt tip....it works pretty well, and quick.

I also milked paint out of the marker, thinned it a little and masked the other trim on the body and brush painted the chrome on so it would match the window chrome.

I'll keep it in mind. It will be probably much more realistic than Protar's effort on the 250GTO which had the whole window frame as silver/black/silver decal, which was too flimsy to apply properly.

Dino Scuderia
02-21-2005, 02:18 PM
I'll keep it in mind. It will be probably much more realistic than Protar's effort on the 250GTO which had the whole window frame as silver/black/silver decal, which was too flimsy to apply properly.

I used the same method on my Tamya Alfa GTA which I will post soon.

Neither one of these kits really impressed me, didn't think they were Tamiya's best effort. My Alpine chassis reminded me of a Revell kit the way it went together.

henk4
02-21-2005, 02:20 PM
I used the same method on my Tamya Alfa GTA which I will post soon.

Neither one of these kits really impressed me, didn't think they were Tamiya's best effort. My Alpine chassis reminded me of a Revell kit the way it went together.

Alfa was quite OK, but I upgraded the engine bay with 8 ignition cables and a different air intake. The Alpine chassis was at least better than the Heller kit, but I have my doubt about the final positions of the rear wheels which have too much toe-in

Esperante
02-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Oh snap...that puts mine to shame. :(

Superb job! :D (As always)

Matra et Alpine
02-21-2005, 07:31 PM
but I have my doubt about the final positions of the rear wheels which have too much toe-in
toe-in or camber ?
Went and checked mine :)
it was a long time back but I dont' remember having to make major mods.
I do true all my wheels though, so there is usually alsways a small amount of "fiddling" at the build time :) ( I'm a stickler for accuracy :) )

henk4
02-22-2005, 12:23 AM
toe-in or camber ?
Went and checked mine :)
it was a long time back but I dont' remember having to make major mods.
I do true all my wheels though, so there is usually alsways a small amount of "fiddling" at the build time :) ( I'm a stickler for accuracy :) )

Camber was OK, toe-in looked exaggerated, but I did not really compare with the real thing, may be it was required to keep the beast on the road.

Matra et Alpine
02-22-2005, 09:18 AM
There isn't exceessive toe-in on the A110 - not enough to notice on a 1/24 model for sure :)