PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Sprint GTA

Dino Scuderia
02-22-2005, 05:13 AM
Tamiya's Alfa kit painted TS Italian Red. Engine has been detailed with spark wires, velocity stacks and battery cables. Wheels are by Fujimi and aluminun exhaust were added and directed to the side.

McReis
02-22-2005, 05:20 AM
You have a great taste in cars. An A110 and now a GTA.... Two of my favourites!

henk4
02-22-2005, 05:26 AM
nice work as ususal :) , here is my interpretation of the engine bay, based on detailed pictures I had from a french magazine. Why did you change the wheels, the originals are just like the real thing.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10872

Dino Scuderia
02-22-2005, 05:42 AM
nice work as ususal :) , here is my interpretation of the engine bay, based on detailed pictures I had from a french magazine. Why did you change the wheels, the originals are just like the real thing.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10872

Thanks!

I didn't have a problem with the stock wheels...just wanted it to look a little more racy and personalize it more.

forza_autodelta
02-22-2005, 05:44 AM
nothing to say,it's perfect

johnnynumfiv
02-22-2005, 07:07 AM
Great job, how long does it usually take for you to do a model?

Dino Scuderia
02-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Great job, how long does it usually take for you to do a model?

Thanks!

I don't ever keep track of time but I'd say:

1 hour to clip parts from trees, clean them up and prep the body for priming.

Depending on the paint scheme, probably 15 hours in painting and drying time. Drying time is cut way down because I dry it in a food dehydrator. While the body is drying the other parts can be painted.

1 hour to polish the paint.

1 hour to mask the body and paint on the window trim and and other paint detailing.

2 hours for final assembly.

This example would be for a straight out of the box build with no custom body work or detailing.

johnnynumfiv
02-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Wow, thats pretty quick, when I used to do them, it used to take about 4 or 5 weekends to do one and they came out like junk, kudos to you! :)

Dino Scuderia
02-22-2005, 07:37 AM
Wow, thats pretty quick, when I used to do them, it used to take about 4 or 5 weekends to do one and they came out like junk, kudos to you! :)

Well, what I listed was actual time.

I rarely have time to build one within a couple weeks time or more..but every once in a while I can knock one out in a week.

Manik
02-23-2005, 09:01 PM
wow amazing job as usual. Love the piant job on this one.

Esperante
02-24-2005, 04:23 PM
I gotta nit pick this...:D YOU DIDN'T PAINT THE CEILING OR I PILLARS! :D I think that's the first mistake I've EVER seen you do on a model. :D

Dino Scuderia
02-24-2005, 04:40 PM
I gotta nit pick this...:D YOU DIDN'T PAINT THE CEILING OR I PILLARS! :D I think that's the first mistake I've EVER seen you do on a model. :D

LOL! Good one, mate!

forza_autodelta
02-25-2005, 01:51 AM
It's shrewd,may be Dino you should remove the bumpers since it wasn't very esthetic on an Alfa

henk4
02-25-2005, 02:59 AM

The GTA was the lightenend racing version of the standard GT. It's aluminium body in the racing version had hardly any interior trim, so inside you were looking at the bare roof, painted in the body colour.