PDA

View Full Version : GT4 Is out!

deffenbaugh03
02-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Well at least it is here, and I'm going to get my copy in a couple of minutes :) . I was just wondering who else was getting it tonight or already got it. And i was also wondering if we are gonna have any gt4 competitions like we did for the old game. Maybe at first we should just see who can get the best times on the liscensing tests or something, since we won't have much money or cars.

Rockefella
02-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Well at least it is here, and I'm going to get my copy in a couple of minutes :) . I was just wondering who else was getting it tonight or already got it. And i was also wondering if we are gonna have any gt4 competitions like we did for the old game. Maybe at first we should just see who can get the best times on the liscensing tests or something, since we won't have much money or cars.
tomorrow. can't wait, but I have to get a PS2 somehow. :(

Quiggs
02-22-2005, 04:21 PM
My mom decided to be nice and order me a copy from her CD/DVD club. So I'm getting it for free. But I have to wait till next week probably to get it. Between Vortex, GTPlanet, and here, I'm going to die before then. Gotta stay out of these threads.

Cotterik
02-22-2005, 04:51 PM
dam u! i want it :(

Niko_Fx
02-22-2005, 04:53 PM
I thought EB games was releasing it on March 17th? Where are you guys getting it at?

Karrmann
02-22-2005, 04:54 PM
tell me, is Vector in it?

CdocZ
02-22-2005, 04:54 PM
woah.......i definitly gotta head to a gamestop VERY soon!!

Esperante
02-22-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm waiting until PS3 comes out, then I'll buy it. GT4 will be cheap by then and I'll have a heads up on GT5. Pity it isn't coming out on xBox. :(

Quiggs
02-22-2005, 04:59 PM
I thought EB games was releasing it on March 17th? Where are you guys getting it at?
EB's site has it listed now. The smaller stores like GameStop and EB will have it today. Best Buy, Circuit City and Wal-Mart will have it Thursday. The games aren't shipped direct to the stores, it goes to warehouses first for distribution.

Vector? Negative ghost rider.

Quiggs
02-22-2005, 05:09 PM
http://www.hpamotorsport.com/gt4/12.car1.jpg

HPA Motorsports .:R32, 550awhp...

If I typed what I'm muttering right now I'd get banned. &^%&%$&*)&()*&&^$&%&^$%#^&*(^

hork
02-22-2005, 05:29 PM
im still at school but im gonna play it right when i get a chance

carlover
02-22-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm waiting until PS3 comes out, then I'll buy it. GT4 will be cheap by then and I'll have a heads up on GT5. Pity it isn't coming out on xBox. :(
That's my strategy also.

illusionest
02-22-2005, 06:15 PM
about time :D :D :D

Rockefella
02-22-2005, 06:20 PM
That's my strategy also.
Wacky strategy imo. Why wait so long?

TheOne
02-22-2005, 07:09 PM
it'll be another year till ps3 comes out......and thats still a maybe.
but now! we can have actual tournaments with online mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(it has online doesn't it?, pretty sure it does cause i've heard it just about everywhere)

illusionest
02-22-2005, 07:15 PM
but now! we can have actual tournaments with online mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(it has online doesn't it?, pretty sure it does cause i've heard it just about everywhere)

yes theres online mode ;)
isnt PS3 out alrdy? i thought it is

Quiggs
02-22-2005, 07:18 PM
"Online" was taken out, but using the LAN feature you can play other people.

I've been watching some videos and man, they finally got the engine sounds right.

carlover
02-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Wacky strategy imo. Why wait so long?
I'm hoping PS3 supports PS2 games. Right now I have a gamecube and don't really want to spend a lot of money buying a PS2 if there gonna stop making games for it in a year. I'd rather keep the GC until PS3 comes out and then sell the GC and all the games, buy the PS3, a PS3 game, and gran turismo 4. Then, I'll be able to get PS3 and PS2 games. Plus I'll be able to get GT4 for cheap. BUT IF YOU GUYS KEEP SAYING HOW GOOD IT IS I MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE IN AND BUY A PS2!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! STOP IT!!!! :D

carlover
02-22-2005, 07:20 PM
yes theres online mode ;)
isnt PS3 out alrdy? i thought it is
Not even close. :(

F1_Master
02-22-2005, 08:02 PM
PS3 will support PS2 games.

However, I picked up my copy 10 minutes before EB closed on Feb. 21.

Haven't done the GT3 thing, cause I felt like starting from scratch. Its paid off.

License B:Gold=3 cars.
License A:Gold=3 cars.
Now at the next License, with golds on the 1st 2 races and now going for the 3rd race.

Haven't bought a car yet.

NAZCA C2
02-22-2005, 08:31 PM
anybody have any trouble getting a copy of GT4?? i didnt preorder a copy and was wondering if i would be able to get a copy this week.

F1_Master
02-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Yes, you should be able to.

Rockefella
02-22-2005, 08:46 PM
wow, there goes all my cash. :( Have about 200, need to buy the game, ps2, then the online adaptor.

carlover
02-22-2005, 09:20 PM
PS3 will support PS2 games.
Good. I was counting on that. :)

shr0olvl
02-22-2005, 09:22 PM
I thought GT4 was coming out for Xbox under the title of Forza Motorsport or whatever it's called ?

And about the ps3 thing, I read in some gaming magazine that its should be coming out in the mid of 2006.

TheOne
02-22-2005, 09:39 PM
GT4 ain't comin out for xbox cause its a ps2 exclusive title........
and yeah ps3 is supposed to come out somewhere in 06, there is another ps thats only sold in japan(no its not the slim version, its a version with a hard drive and/or dvd burner) that many ppl confuse as the real ps3, but that is not the real ps3 thats supposed to come with cell technology.

Evo23q
02-22-2005, 09:42 PM
you are all lucky bastards. it doesn't get released here until march 10

early93viper
02-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Its a great game! I got it and the new steering wheel both are amazing!

jcp123
02-22-2005, 11:20 PM
what kinda classics does GT4 have?

Radoman
02-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Oy!

I'd like to post some facts: Gran Tourismo 4 is created by Polyphony Digital, one of Sony's secondary companies. It is not coming out for any other system other than one made by sony. A version coming out for XBOX is a ridiculous expectation indeed, I might add, seeing as you've already got Project Gotham Racing 2, which is plenty good.

Forza Motorsports is Microsoft's own creation, made to compete in sales with GT4. Wether or not it is a good game remains to be seen, but it does have Porsche and Ferrari, which is a plus. Other than that, GT4 is probably the better game.

Anyone wanting an almost-perfect racing experience should head to their local arcade and look for Sega's F355 Challenge. 3 screens, unbelievable realism, full fledged stick/clutch manual transmission and several awesome tracks including Monza and Suzuka in all their glory. Those not close to an Arcade should Download the Live for Speed demo (provided they have a half-decent computer and steering wheel.) It doesn't have full liscenced cars, but it's racing physics is still unmatched in realism. You can buy the full version off their site, and S2 should be out soon.

Linky (http://www.liveforspeed.net/)

There will be something like 600 cars, with a large number of classics in there. You can get some classic american muscle cars, and even the old Ford Model T (And Karl Benz's 3-wheeled buggy made in the 1800's. These cars are here for the sake of novelty/history*).

There is no Online mode. NONE. They got it working within their own offices (the folks at polyphony), but they couldn't get it to properly work on a larger scale. The online game will be released at a later date as a seperate title. Sucks, yeah, but you can't change that. LAN based competition should be featured, however. (Don't quote me on that one)

The PS3 is still at least a year off. Don't hold your breath. The system "TheOne" mentioned is called the "PSX", which is the official name of the japan-only super-PS2. They stopped using the unnofficial term "PSX" for the original Playstation and started calling it the "PS One" mainly because of this.

After watching gameplay footage of someone racing on the nordschliefe, I can honestly say this one fixes GT3's problem of feeling far too slow than it should be. The old games looked slow, felt slow, and bored me to tears; this game looks to feature a decent, realistic sense of speed that will hopefully hold up to some of the racing genre's more insane dirivatives (Burnout 3, for example).

I hope this helps and clears up any misunderstanding.

*I don't mean the Muscle cars, they can be fairly competitive. I mean the Model T and the like.

Niko_Fx
02-23-2005, 07:24 AM
Stop talking about the game!!!!! I'm dying over here!! :( :(

I'll most likely try to buy it today if I can manage to get some time between work and college, untill then no more GT4 threads please :o :o

spi-ti-tout
02-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Stop talking about the game!!!!! I'm dying over here!! :( :(

I'll most likely try to buy it today if I can manage to get some time between work and college, untill then no more GT4 threads please :o :o
Delete the thread :D

PsychoChimp22
02-23-2005, 11:00 AM
FYI I think (from what ive read) that sony is shootin for late this year to early next year for the PS3 release. Theyve already finished some major componantes such as the cell.

BTW: Ive played that Sega 355 game so many times at gameworks, its by far the best and most realistic arcade for racing. Im extremely good at it too :D.

Im one of those people that are just waiting for GT5 on the PS3, soooo, it sgonna be awhile. :(

Rockefella
02-23-2005, 11:41 AM
FYI I think (from what ive read) that sony is shootin for late this year to early next year for the PS3 release. Theyve already finished some major componantes such as the cell.

BTW: Ive played that Sega 355 game so many times at gameworks, its by far the best and most realistic arcade for racing. Im extremely good at it too :D.

Im one of those people that are just waiting for GT5 on the PS3, soooo, it sgonna be awhile. :(
I doubt PS3 will be out so soon. I'm thinking they'll say "we have to delay the arrival of Playstation 3 due to unexpected glitches in the hard drive" or something. Prob. X-mas 2006 it'll be released. On the other hand, anyone wanna mail me a used PS2 that they don't want. :o

Quiggs
02-23-2005, 11:55 AM
I just made a huge mistake. I was at Best Buy and they had GT4 playing on the PS2 demo (big surprise)... Someone left their Evo at N-ring playing. I couldn't resist. A few sand traps later, I exited and picked something more civilized. A black Mk5 GTI at New York. Oh. My. God. It nearly brought a tear to my eye... Then, just for kicks, I picked up a 69 Charger 440, took it to Autumn Ring Mini, my most favoritest track evAr!!!1, and turned off the ASM and TCS. Nothin' but wheel spin the whole lap.

Alas, I had to leave empty handed, as I don't have $50 to my name, and my copy is coming in the mail next week some time. Can't wait to test drive the HPA R32 at the 'Ring on my widescreen 53" with 500 watts of sound backing it up...

Moral of the story- don't test drive something you can't afford. :(

Rockefella
02-23-2005, 12:02 PM
I just made a huge mistake. I was at Best Buy and they had GT4 playing on the PS2 demo (big surprise)... Someone left their Evo at N-ring playing. I couldn't resist. A few sand traps later, I exited and picked something more civilized. A black Mk5 GTI at New York. Oh. My. God. It nearly brought a tear to my eye... Then, just for kicks, I picked up a 69 Charger 440, took it to Autumn Ring Mini, my most favoritest track evAr!!!1, and turned off the ASM and TCS. Nothin' but wheel spin the whole lap.

Alas, I had to leave empty handed, as I don't have $50 to my name, and my copy is coming in the mail next week some time. Can't wait to test drive the HPA R32 at the 'Ring on my widescreen 53" with 500 watts of sound backing it up...

Moral of the story- don't test drive something you can't afford. :(
It's that good, phew. I'm in for a treat. :) Does anyone know if you can buy an MKI Golf GTI for under 10k credits??

Manik
02-23-2005, 08:57 PM

pity is isn't out on gamecube, bu then again the graphics sure wouldn't be as good as PS2 or X Box..........

jcp123
02-24-2005, 12:33 AM
Then, just for kicks, I picked up a 69 Charger 440, took it to Autumn Ring Mini, my most favoritest track evAr!!!1, and turned off the ASM and TCS. Nothin' but wheel spin the whole lap.

This account's makin me drool. Exactly what other classic cars are in this bad boy??? Whether or not I shell out cash on this depends on that...

...and also on one other thing. Are there any "normal shitty cars" on there? I have more fun with those than the fast cars, to be completely honest. Don't ask why, but it's just really fun to me...

Spastik_Roach
02-24-2005, 02:44 AM
...and also on one other thing. Are there any "normal shitty cars" on there? I have more fun with those than the fast cars, to be completely honest. Don't ask why, but it's just really fun to me...

I always find that aswell! It'd be so much fun to go round the Nurburgring in my mums Toyota Corona!

Quiggs
02-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Slow cars are more fun than fast cars. Which is why, while it would be fun to have them, I don't reallly necessarily need Ferraris and Porsches. Driving a Camaro with some suspension work and custom gears is usually more fun for me than driving a 800hp Viper.

I think I'm going to be doing a lot of N-ring in a stock Rabbit GTI.

ZeTurbo
02-24-2005, 09:25 AM
delay after delay, after delay, i was mad... but now that its here.... i dont know what to say.... its... beautifull.

Roy Visser
02-24-2005, 12:42 PM
2 more weeks here in europe, my over 2 years of waiting and checking Gtplanet many times a day will be over then :)

expect some nice GT4 contests (sc.net people might remember those)

baddabang
02-24-2005, 12:55 PM
This account's makin me drool. Exactly what other classic cars are in this bad boy??? Whether or not I shell out cash on this depends on that...

Tons, Lots. plenty from the 60's 70's and 80's. And I agree Slow cars are much more fun. :)

megotmea7
02-24-2005, 01:35 PM
went to best buy and picked it up last night, and i went there just to get a router... they had a little setup with the logitec wheel attached to a racing bucket. i was gooked so i walked out the the GT4 wheel(logitec really did a number with this thing, one of the best sim wheels ive raced with, the force feedback is perfect) and the game.

Quiggs
02-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I GOT MINE

I picked it up at Best Buy, and saved $15. I transferred my credits and licenses. So my first car was of course the HPA Motorsports R32. 550hp of all wheel drive wheel spin. Then I wanted something RWD. Buick GNX fills that nicely. But I still didn't have anything low powered... Used Honda Integra Type R. I think I'm in love. GT4 owns my soul.

P-nut count me in.

Ok, back to the action!!!

F1_Master
02-24-2005, 03:53 PM

You've got 2 Chargers, a Hemi Cude, a Superbird, 2 late 60's, early 70's Camaros, '54 Vette, not to mention others, and other goodies.

TheOne
02-24-2005, 05:24 PM
k so who is right? somebody here said it doesn't come with online mode, just lan mode, but i got a friend who saw it with his eyes that it has online mode and its the US version.
so does it come with online mode or not?

baddabang
02-24-2005, 05:28 PM
k so who is right? somebody here said it doesn't come with online mode, just lan mode, but i got a friend who saw it with his eyes that it has online mode and its the US version.

mine only says LAN mode, in the arcade mode. unless I missed summit.

Quiggs
02-25-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm officially addicted. My garage is quicky growing. I've picked up a Mk5 GTI, Mk1 GTI on some old-school inspired BBS wheels, Corvette GS, 67 Corvette race car, Chevelle SS, and when I go back upstairs I'll probably end up with a yellow BMW M3.

My only complaints are the sounds still aren't great. The .:R32 does not sound like a hair dryer in real life. The Chevelle sounds flat at higher RPM like it's a slant 6 and not a 454. And the HPA .:R32 understeers worse than my Chevelle. I can't tune it out either, it just seems worse when I do.

The used car lots are cooler than in the old games. The cars are all high mileage, except for a few diamons in the rough with about 6 miles on them. But they're cheap. I picked up a 90 NSX for $28,000.

But the FWD cars actually feel FWD now, and under heavy acceleration out of corners you can hear and feel the wheel hop. It kinda surprises you at first. If I can get my CF card reader to work with the PS2 I'll post up some pics later.

Niko_Fx
02-25-2005, 03:44 PM
My garage :D:

Nissan 350Z Concept LM Race Car '02
Mazda BP Falken RX-7 '03
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04
Dodge Viper SRT-10 '03
Honda NSX R Concept '01
Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B '67
Chrysler Prowler '02
Mazda MazdaSpeed 6 '05

CR: 91,428

I love this game :)

Quiggs
02-25-2005, 05:20 PM
M3 GTR Race Car. 7:48.xxx I suck at the Ring. Hans Stuck would bitchslap me if he saw me spin out...

I just bought a white STI for dirt racing. That's a lot harder than it used to be. The cars don't slide naturally anymore, you have to work for it.

Radoman
02-26-2005, 02:56 AM

Nope, your friend was lying. I have it, there is only two player mode, and Lan mode. There's no online networking... Yet. Like I said, They'll release it as a seperate game later on.

There's a ton of normal, boring, shitty cars. You can even get a full size dodge pick-up truck, which is funny. But so far the only Caddilac is the Cien.

I love this game. So far I have an 86' Toyota MR2 1600 G (Of course), a Toyota Rally Raid thingy (It handles wonderfully, so easy to toss around corners), an Alpine A110 (hard fought for), and a shiny new Golf GTI mk.5.

TheOne
02-26-2005, 11:54 AM
k, i just got the game, tho it doesn't have online mode(SUX) it still kool game.
how you import GT3 saves again? i totally forgot how to after watchin the vid.

Radoman
02-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Bump.

TheOne, go to your garage, and to status. It should take over from there, or at least become obvious.

Dino Scuderia
02-28-2005, 07:09 AM
I played all freaking weekend!

Made my way to the Professional level and won the Turbo series with my Mazdaspeed 6 which is a sweet car. The prize for winning that series is a fully tuned Apex RX-7, when I got it sorted out I was able to win the Tuning series.

The prize for that is a 759hp Option Stream 350Z! That thing is killer! The power goes up to 916hp if you add the stage 3 turbo. See pic!

Working my way through the license, I didn't transfer anything from my GT3 days but you can. The hardest thing so far is on the IA license the next to last step you have to drive the total length of the old Nurburgring track in under ten minutes in a Mercedes 190 16v 2.3 Turbo which is fun fun fun!

I made 6 attempts and haven't beat ten minutes yet, once I was within 20 seconds! That track so long with 107 turns and if you get in the grass with as much as half of the car, you fail!

Don't know if I'll live long enough to ever make it but I'll keep trying.

The game is so realistic and addictive!

My favorite track so far is El Capitan.

Quiggs
02-28-2005, 07:49 AM
My problem on that test isn't getting under the time limit. It's not slamming the pace car. That guy brakes way too early, I'm a trailbraker. I've gotten all the way to the turns before the long straight, and every time I hit him or go into the barrier trying to avoid him. But I'm usually on pace for a mid-9 minute lap.

Dino Scuderia
02-28-2005, 07:53 AM
My problem on that test isn't getting under the time limit. It's not slamming the pace car. That guy brakes way too early, I'm a trailbraker. I've gotten all the way to the turns before the long straight, and every time I hit him or go into the barrier trying to avoid him. But I'm usually on pace for a mid-9 minute lap.

I got to the end of the long straight....which goes forever....then I was over ten minutes so it ended the test. I like the Mercedes but if you get the tail out you better get off the pipe quick, it likes to spin.

Quiggs
02-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I got some of my pictures uploaded today.

Mk1 GTI
Mk1 GTI
HPA Motorsports .:R32
BMW M3 GTR Race Car

Quiggs
02-28-2005, 02:01 PM
BMW M3 GTR Race Car
Mk5 GTI
Subaru STI
Saleen S7

I've got no money left. Stupid Saleen bled me dry...

Niko_Fx
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
I'm at 21%, how about you guys?

baddabang
03-01-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm at 21%, how about you guys?

15% I managed to get throught the Nurburgring test for IA so now im working on the japan GT championship with the 350z LM concept. Did anybody beat the FF race yet?

Niko_Fx
03-01-2005, 07:38 PM
15% I managed to get throught the Nurburgring test for IA so now im working on the japan GT championship with the 350z LM concept. Did anybody beat the FF race yet?

FF in professional? RSX Type R with exhaust and nitrous... Was pretty easy :)

What I'm still trying to figure out is what car to use in the last professional comp, the 350Z Race car is a bit slow next to the 787B and R8 :o

Rockefella
03-01-2005, 07:47 PM
I got to the end of the long straight....which goes forever....then I was over ten minutes so it ended the test. I like the Mercedes but if you get the tail out you better get off the pipe quick, it likes to spin.
After 4-5 tries, you start memorizing the 'ring and it just gets to the point where you don't cut the corners to deep/slam into the pace car. Right now, I'm finishing off the Super License. I have like 4 more tests I think.

Dino Scuderia
03-02-2005, 07:03 AM
After 4-5 tries, you start memorizing the 'ring and it just gets to the point where you don't cut the corners to deep/slam into the pace car. Right now, I'm finishing off the Super License. I have like 4 more tests I think.

I'm in the last Super License test now, you have to drive the 'ring in under 7:50...but this time you're in a race version Merc 190.

I'm also trying to win the Supercar series, I won at Midfield in a Ford GT but it couldn't hang on the other courses so I bought a SLR. The SLR is much better under braking etc., but the New York race is hard!

No qualifying in this series so you start from the back. grrrrrrr...

Won a Caddy Cien, that car rocks! 760hp and a sweet chassis.

Quiggs
03-02-2005, 08:16 AM
26% The endurance races are going to be beastly this time. A lot of 4 hour or more races. 3 of them are 24hrs. B-spec when I go to sleep, here I come!

I've been doing a lot of the one-make races. They're fun and some of them are kinda challenging.

Won a Caddy Cien, that car rocks! 760hp and a sweet chassis.
I got one of those too, but I'm scared to drive it. My Saleen gives me enough headaches.