PDA

View Full Version : A question about decals for car models

blackcat77
02-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm getting ready to order a model of the Ford J-Car. I haven't done any models at all for about 30 years now, but I remember way back when, there used to be a product that, when you'd apply it over a decal, it would cause that decal to bond better and mold itself to the shape more completely.

Does such a product still exist today, and if so, what is it and where can it be purchased?

TIA.

Matra et Alpine
02-27-2005, 04:32 PM
It does, a number of products are avilable.
ANY decent local hobby store will stock one of them.
Humbrol DecalFix
MicroScale MicroSet

also for the future, worth askign them about ....
MicroScale MicroSol for heavily contoured or detailed surfaces
MicroScale MicroFilm to 'repair' old ones and even make your own using thin stock paper !!

PS: You can SOMETIMES get these mail order, it depends on the shipping laws for them and you :)

netburner
02-28-2005, 02:58 AM
It does, a number of products are avilable.
ANY decent local hobby store will stock one of them.

Would be nice, but I'm waiting for around 1/4 years now... Our dealers around can't get new stuff of it, because Humbrol isn't able to ship it over to them :( And my model is still waiting for finishing...

Matra et Alpine
02-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Would be nice, but I'm waiting for around 1/4 years now... Our dealers around can't get new stuff of it, because Humbrol isn't able to ship it over to them :( And my model is still waiting for finishing...
If you cant' find an online German store, then www.hannants.co.uk have it in stock.
Their restrictions are
Acrylic paints can be despatched by air or surface.
Enamels etc and aerosols can only be despatched by surface. (Post Office/Airline regulation)
Enamels can only be despatched if a kit (for additional needed protection) is also ordered.

So you might need to check with them about decalfix - and you MIGHT have to buy a model too ( but one more for the stash is never a problem is it :) )