PDA

View Full Version : Lancia Stratos Fenomen Holistic

TINUZ
03-01-2005, 10:30 AM
New concept of the Lancia Stratos some pics in this link!
Will be at geneva motor show

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2005/motor_show/geneva/preview/holistic/gallery/gallery.html

Matra et Alpine
03-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Dont' like, another example of retro looking bad :(

Too much like those cars in Captain Scarlet :)

McReis
03-01-2005, 10:49 AM
Well. Allthough they're messing with one of my alltime favourites, I don't think they got it wrong. It's a very decent looking car, while keeping all the trademarks.
Maybe it could lead to a nice car. But what's the point of an hiper-short car today? Stratos was made for rallying and had poor straight-line performance because of it's incredible short wheel-base.

If it's just a style exercise, they got it right. Just like they got the Fulvia concept right. And the Trepiuno... What a shame they die before becoming true. They are better retro-style cars than Beetles and Minis.

Pando
03-01-2005, 03:56 PM
...i think its cool. Thanks 4 the link. The original, though it was a good car, was in my opinion butt-ugly, so it wasnt hard to make it prettier... :) But they still kept it retro. But its obviously not built for racing, so I wonder where's the customers for this project? Well I guess if it goes into production AND they get the price right...