PDA

View Full Version : coolest Xbox accessory ever

Decave
03-02-2005, 07:52 PM
im getting the coolest accessory on my Xbox EVER. its a harddrive that can have games saved onto it. im gonna get gamefly and just download them onto the harddrive and save myself a ton of money. its amazing i wish i had done it before! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Niko_Fx
03-02-2005, 08:13 PM
im getting the coolest accessory on my Xbox EVER. its a harddrive that can have games saved onto it. im gonna get gamefly and just download them onto the harddrive and save myself a ton of money. its amazing i wish i had done it before! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My little brother has it... A chip and a 120 Giga Hard Drive... He can rent games and copy them into the hard drive as well as download games (X-Box, Snes, Etc)

Sweeney921
03-02-2005, 08:19 PM
i smell something illegal........ :p

LTT
03-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Just be aware that if you do that you will not be able to use xbox live. They Ban you if your xbox has a different HD.

PsychoChimp22
03-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Just be aware that if you do that you will not be able to use xbox live. They Ban you if your xbox has a different HD.

Wait what? If you buy a new hard drive they ban you??? just for that???

Matra et Alpine
03-02-2005, 09:45 PM
They're so cheap now mates son bought another one jsut for playing online :)
Gets to enjoy hacked games AND online ( just not both at the same time )

PsychoChimp22
03-02-2005, 09:59 PM
They're so cheap now mates son bought another one jsut for playing online :)
Gets to enjoy hacked games AND online ( just not both at the same time )

Awesome, so i could put in a Seagate Cheetah 15K.4 and games would load way faster!!! :p

Pando
03-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Yep they do. There are loads of legal fun stuff you could do with a chipped box(when xbox first came out, someone even managed to put linux on his!) but because there is even more illegal stuff you could do(piratism & it would bring cheating to a whole different level), they've decided to permanently ban everyone that tries to get online with a modified xbox. But I've heard there is a patch or something that makes your modified xbox appear to be normal, if your willing to do the research and take the risk. Because i play mostly online when I play, I've decided not to even try to do anything about it.

Cotterik
03-03-2005, 10:40 AM
is this supposed to be new news? Me and my mates did this years ago

Decave
03-03-2005, 10:42 AM

will they ban your account if you still have the legal version of the game that you are trying to play online?

6'bore
03-03-2005, 01:58 PM
How much are these hard drives and how many games can they store?

Rockefella
03-03-2005, 01:59 PM
will they ban your account if you still have the legal version of the game that you are trying to play online?
Not sure. s-e-X-BOX allows people to make legit. copies of their games as back-ups, but if they find out it's an illegal copy of a rented/borrowed game, then your in bad shape. It's scary having a huge company e-mail you questioning something you downloaded (piracy). I know from experience w/ Paramount. :o

Niko_Fx
03-03-2005, 02:12 PM
How much are these hard drives and how many games can they store?

With the 8 Giga HD that the X-Box comes with you can store 2-3 games depending on the size. 120 Giga... You do the math.

A 120Giga HD is around 60-80 US Bucks (I think)

Pando
03-04-2005, 07:42 AM
As far as I know, yes. If u have a modded xbox that is. I'm not a 100% sure though, since I havn't really gotten into it.

danno
03-04-2005, 08:45 PM

if you have a modded xbox they ban you. doesnt matter if you just do legal stuff on it. basically if you have a modded xbox, you can rent games, and then burn them to the disk and never have to pay for them ever again. obviously microsoft wants to stop this as much as possible so they ban anyone who has a modded xbox.

some chips come with a switch though, which you can flick on and off for when you want to play on xbox live, but if you forget to flick it off just once, then your xbox is banned from live. you have to get a new xbox.

Decave
03-05-2005, 11:25 AM
ok. thanks for the info dude.

man 430gt
03-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Has anyne heard that you can play your PS2 games on abox aswell, and use the controller. And the downloading games to the hard drive isn't new to me.