PDA

View Full Version : Volvo P1800 E

escudo_guy
03-04-2005, 05:32 PM
This Volvo is the greatest volvo ever made. It just plain looks beautiful.

CdocZ
03-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Lol, at first I misread it as "the volvo is the greatest volvo ever made".

EDIT: Pics?

baddabang
03-04-2005, 05:33 PM
here we go again.

ok why?

CdocZ
03-04-2005, 05:35 PM
here we go again.

ok why?

At least he did not say the YCC or 3CC.

baddabang
03-04-2005, 05:37 PM
At least he did not say the YCC or 3CC.

YCC is fugly, but te 3CC isnt bad :)

escudo_guy
03-04-2005, 05:37 PM
let's see, maybe because it is beautifully made. Maybe because, for its day, it had ample power for its class and price range. I love its lines. Swoopy and glorious. Tell me why it isn't.

CdocZ
03-04-2005, 05:39 PM
YCC is fugly, but te 3CC isnt bad :)

The back of the 3cc looks like they tried to pinch it to save some extra metal.

CdocZ
03-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Ok, I just looked it up, because I have never seen one before. For a volvo, it is not too bad for a design. But overall........that thing does not look too sexy.

baddabang
03-04-2005, 05:42 PM
let's see, maybe because it is beautifully made. Maybe because, for its day, it had ample power for its class and price range. I love its lines. Swoopy and glorious. Tell me why it isn't.

I never said it wasnt "beautifully made." Just making a thread that says you like it because its pretty and not posting any pics is sorta silly.

escudo_guy
03-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Maybe its just because I love all volvos. Just wondering though, why isn't it beautiful?

escudo_guy
03-04-2005, 05:44 PM
sorry, I just joined

CdocZ
03-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I say it is not beautiful, because it is A) kind of plain, and B)...........looks like a fattened version of a carrera to me.

baddabang
03-04-2005, 05:48 PM
sorry, I just joined

just so everyone dosent have to look it up :)

CdocZ
03-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Here are some cars I find beautiful, in terms of sheer elegance. Dropping the feel of their prescence, aggresiveness, and everything besides sheer beauty.
Aston Martin DB9
Pagani Zonda F
Lamborghini Murcielago
Mercedes SLR

escudo_guy
03-04-2005, 05:59 PM
imagine that. How unoriginal. I like the pagani but the others are just so passe. Look up a Venturi.

CdocZ
03-04-2005, 06:01 PM
ARE YOU JOKING! The DB9 is one of the most elegant cars ever built. If you have ever seen a Murcielago, you will think they are beautiful. They lose alot in pictures. The SLR is the only one I can barely agree with you. Have you seen any of the cars i posted in real life? (Not asking this to be a jackass, asking if you actually have seen them, and if so which)

EDIT: The Venturi looks good, but I do not agree that it looks better then a DB9 or a Pagani. In my opinion, it is lower then all the cars I posted.

Wolf03
03-04-2005, 06:06 PM
At least I don't like a piece of junk from the past. (Only a few cars from the past are classics). Saying an Aston Martin or a Lambo being unoriginal and passe are the most retarded things I've ever heard. These are luxurious, beautifully-crafted cars that only a few are able to afford them. While not being a big fan of the SLR, I don't doubt its originality, it's just not my style. All supercars are not unoriginal...you will see that each one is special in its own way. Though one car was forgot, the Ferrari Enzo. Now, that's a beautiful thing. Looking at a Ferrari is like looking at heaven or angels among crummy, UGLY cars including Chevys, Fords, or Priuses. Ferraris are beautiful...old and new...you can't go wrong with one.

CdocZ
03-04-2005, 06:12 PM
At least I don't like a piece of junk from the past. (Only a few cars from the past are classics). Saying an Aston Martin or a Lambo being unoriginal and passe are the most retarded things I've ever heard. These are luxurious, beautifully-crafted cars that only a few are able to afford them. While not being a big fan of the SLR, I don't doubt its originality, it's just not my style. All supercars are not unoriginal...you will see that each one is special in its own way. Though one car was forgot, the Ferrari Enzo. Now, that's a beautiful thing. Looking at a Ferrari is like looking at heaven or angels among crummy, UGLY cars including Chevys, Fords, or Priuses. Ferraris are beautiful...old and new...you can't go wrong with one.

I like the Enzo, but it just didn't seem to fit. I think it as beautiful not in the same way as things like the Pagani. I think it more beautiful in the way of something like.......something like the F50. I remember the first time I saw an Enzo.........washington autoshow......but never again, at detroit, geneva or new york city.

jcp123
03-04-2005, 06:29 PM
I like the 1800 as well. I was surprised to find out it was a Volvo after the first time I saw it, it's a great lookin little car.

Manik
03-04-2005, 06:39 PM
Here are some cars I find beautiful, in terms of sheer elegance. Dropping the feel of their prescence, aggresiveness, and everything besides sheer beauty.
Aston Martin DB9
Pagani Zonda F
Lamborghini Murcielago
Mercedes SLR

And the horses at the touch of your foot..........all 500 of em.... :D

escudo_guy
03-05-2005, 10:52 AM
I'm not going to claim that Ferraris aren't beautiful. I absolutely love the F355. I will also say that it is definately better looking than the Volvo. My original claim was just that the 1800 was the best looking Volvo.

escudo_guy
03-05-2005, 10:55 AM
But, on the other hand, I would take a Morgan, Pagani, or TVR over a Ferrari, Lambo, or Aston any day. I like a car that hasn't been done before.

CdocZ
03-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Say that in the beggining next time, please. I hate it when useless arguments pop up.

But in the end.......that Volvo just doesnt do it for me.

greg.harvey
09-07-2005, 08:50 AM
Well I see the charm of the old Volvo. It was the car Roger Moore drove in The Saint wasn't it? I rate it alongside the VW Karmann Ghia. Similar cars, similar era, similar sort of style, similar price. Both nice looking. They don't really set my pulse racing but I'd happily own one. :)

Karmann Ghia, for the uninitiated:
http://www.americandreamcars.com/1968vwkg.jpg

henk4
09-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Well I see the charm of the old Volvo. It was the car Roger Moore drove in The Saint wasn't it? I rate it alongside the VW Karmann Ghia. Similar cars, similar era, similar sort of style, similar price. Both nice looking. They don't really set my pulse racing but I'd happily own one. :)

Karmann Ghia, for the uninitiated:
http://www.americandreamcars.com/1968vwkg.jpg

I would rate it over the Karrmann Ghia, certainly performance wise, with about 2.5 times the amount of HP.

greg.harvey
09-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Sure. :)

Saw one the other day in central London actually (the Volvo). Had a lovely exhaust note.

D2LTA
09-16-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm going to agree with Escudo guy for three reasons.
1) He has a picture of an integrale ava

2)This is a classic car forum and i'm not being funny but a car must be a few years old before it becomes a classic- there IS a difference between classic- and exotic.

3)He is right, the P1800 series cars the best looking Volvo.