PDA

View Full Version : any of ya play toca 2?

TheOne
03-06-2005, 12:36 PM
as title says....any of ya play toca race driver 2?(or DTM race driver 2, they're the same).
just wondering maybe we could make some tournaments since its got online mode:)......and its almost(not same) as GT4 for the ps2.

Wolf03
03-06-2005, 12:43 PM
Beautiful game (graphics-wise). I have the demo and I feel that the game is just not worth it. It's good but it's nothing special. I still play it from time to time.

dydzi
03-06-2005, 01:25 PM
i wanted to buy it today, unfortunately its out of stock
i bought the settlers: heritage of kings instead :D

Wolf03
03-06-2005, 01:54 PM
i wanted to buy it today, unfortunately its out of stock
i bought the settlers: heritage of kings instead :D

I was thinking of getting that. How is it?

dydzi
03-06-2005, 02:11 PM
its good game, but it don't have the same atmosphere as the older ones

Matra et Alpine
03-06-2005, 02:41 PM
With a decent wheel and pedals setup Toca driver 2 ( aka V8 driver 2 and DTM driver @ IIRC ) is VERY good.

Excellent handlign of those cars I've been in in real life. So taking it one step further I REALLY want a shot in an Aussie V8 racer :)

The handling is quyite realistic if a little too forgiving when it starts to tank slap, with FF you can feel the fronts push out adn re-grip. Left-foot braking and heel-toeing work as the do in the real world, so they've got a lot going for them.

I'd say it's worth it, though to be fari I've not had time recently as I was CMR2005 and RBRing when I had time free.

BUT if anyoen else fancies a PC-based Toca Driver 2 "meet", glad to set one upat an agreed time. I'm MatraEtAlpine onlien - orginal huh :)

TheOne
03-06-2005, 02:53 PM
am TheOnerf....(yeah it sux i couldn't get TheOne.....someone else took it:()

SilverG35SportC
03-06-2005, 03:42 PM
I have TOCA but i do not have the internet hooked up to my PS2 yet. The game so far is very good but I dont think it rivals Gt4.

ruim20
03-07-2005, 03:45 AM
I have it and it's the best for pc, but not the best sim, GT3 is much better, and GT4 blows it away. i'm getting the new stearimg wheel from GT4, it's really great 900 degrees :D

About online mode.. forget it, i've played it a couple of times, the online community is full of psychos that have no ideia of what a race track or brake pedal is!

Mustang
03-07-2005, 05:15 AM
i play toca race driver 2, great game, ive now 100% finished it :)

Matra et Alpine
03-07-2005, 11:13 AM
I have it and it's the best for pc, but not the best sim, GT3 is much better, and GT4 blows it away. i'm getting the new stearimg wheel from GT4, it's really great 900 degrees :D

About online mode.. forget it, i've played it a couple of times, the online community is full of psychos that have no ideia of what a race track or brake pedal is!
hmm, yep on the online you need to find a good group to start with.

LOTS of kids straight off their PS2s looking to crash there way around and thinking sideways is fast :)

Re the GT, not tried GT4 yet, but GT3 was still well short of realistic with it's ease of sideways round corners still being fast. Drifting loses LOTS of time, but the arcade "players" prefer it over real "simulation". IF GT4 offers a real simulation mode it will be a huge step up ( but likely alienate most of their players :) )

Sadly games like GT have affected kids idea of going fast. I've taken some teenagers out in the A610 and they just go on ( and on and on ) about how it isnt' very fast round the corners and "can't you get the tail out". I usually get them to time a sequence of corners going fast and then again going "tail out" for them to get the real world picture :) ( Usually makes them queazy too :) - big difference doing it at home and in the car :) )

TheOne
03-07-2005, 02:10 PM

thats why i asked here, am pretty sure there's some good drivers here that would like to compete on that:), i was somewhat getting tired of racing ppl that would crash all the time at corners.(tho i still gotta learn some my self)