PDA

View Full Version : A Bit Dissapointed

my porsche
03-08-2005, 09:41 PM
I must say so far im feeling rather lackluster about my purchase of Gran Turismo 4, there is no damage, and when trying to get your license if you touch anything even the slightest bit you fail, i have my A, B, and IB licenses, and i bought a Subaru WRX STI '95 and i got my ass handed to me in the subaru races

whiteballz
03-08-2005, 11:58 PM
well the '95 was only the second ever model of the WRX. so thats understandable.

shr0olvl
03-09-2005, 05:32 AM
I must say so far im feeling rather lackluster about my purchase of Gran Turismo 4, there is no damage, and when trying to get your license if you touch anything even the slightest bit you fail, i have my A, B, and IB licenses, and i bought a Subaru WRX STI '95 and i got my ass handed to me in the subaru races

You can always just give it to me. Id be more than happy to have it. :D

Karrmann
03-09-2005, 05:44 AM
dude in all the gran turismo games you have to mod your car or you'll have your ass handed to you, just turbo it and you'll smoke all those other subarus.

fpv_gtho
03-09-2005, 06:15 AM
yeah its REALLY that simple Karrmann :rolleyes:

to really have an advantage you will need to spend some time customising the settings of the car to the track, just like any real event really. What have you done to the car so far though?

RS6
03-09-2005, 06:29 AM
I am not disappointed. Why? Because I have been playing GT ever since its launch so I can play the game properly. Obviously, If you are not good at the game, it is less enjoyable, but practice makes perfect. And about the damage. Wouldn't that affect the licensing.

pimento
03-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Some if not most of the companies didn't want to have their cars seen with damage, so it was never implemented. Also, making damage models for that many cars would take years, and given the original intention of the game is to be able to drive your own car (hence all the different models of the same car, japanese because it is a japanese game) they would rather put more cars in.

nescar23
03-09-2005, 08:05 AM
ya i just bought it...its ok Much of the same just more of it. Alot of cars No ferrari, no lamborghini, no porsche.(RUF yes) The load times and all the menus are annoying. The driving is rather good though. The computer drives retarded still. And what is with music and menu sounds? I will probably play it for now, but once Forza comes out for the XBOX......Ill probably sell GT4 and my PS2...Yaaaa

Quiggs
03-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Damn them for making a game that rewards good driving rather than wall riding and corner cutting!

Buy suspension and brakes before a big turbo. If you buy the turbo first, you'll end up overpowering the suspension and you'll lose more time in the corners than you gain. I actually ran into that problem last night in the Beetle Cup. My 400+ hp RSI couldn't hang with the Cup cars because I decided to be cheap and run the series without any kind of suspension/brake/tire work. The only race I won was Fuji, which is mainly a speed track.

my porsche
03-09-2005, 10:12 AM
ok well i have the car, a racing chip, and $8,883, should i save up for a better car, or mod this one? how much is a new Sti? and will the mods carry over to your next car or does it join the garage? probably not carry over

EDIT: oh yeah, im less dissapointed now :D

DodgeNitroBIRM
03-09-2005, 10:53 AM
Kaz (the creator) keeps hinting that damage would be in GT5 and on the new PS3. In my opinion, it would almost have to be. Time penalties, to me, just don't make sense, I hit a wall, face first and with no gain, I get a 5 second, 31 MPH penality. I just touch the bumper of the guy in front of me, the same penality, while he can RAM into me (screwed me up in the final Tsukuba WET race). I also believe that body work (like aero kits and beauty kits) and custom paint jobs will also need to be implimented in order for photo mode to REALLY shine (kinda sucks when you take a picture to show off and everyone has the same car). I wouldn't mind seeing more real life tracks and products (including oil and gasoline). Porsche (not RUF), Ferrari, and other big names need to really get on board. I wouldn't mind seeing a little more real life being implemented into the game as well (IE: You can get a loan, that you have to pay back, get sponsors, engines blow up and either you can repair it or have a tech repair it, etc.) I could go so much deeper, but I feel this is too long already.

ScionDriver
03-09-2005, 10:53 AM
My friend told me that the Nirburgring like all tracks is in real time and there is a 24 Hours of Nirburgring and it is crazy! I want to play the game but alas, I do not have PS2 or any gaming system for that matter.

Quiggs
03-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Buy yourself some grippier tires. The soft compound semi-racing tires work very well for most of the series you'll be running early. After that, buy the semi-racing suspension (should cost about 7200Cr.). Drop it to about 5mm from minimum, adjust the shocks to 10/8 if you like a slightly loose car, and put ~2.5* camber up front and 1.0-1.5* at the rear. This should give you a good base line to start with, and just test and tune it from there to fit your driving style. Higher front stabilizer settings will loosen the car up too, so if it still wont turn how you want try adjusting that.

my porsche
03-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Ok i sold that shitty VW Lupo, got $3,500, and also i bought a racing oil cooler, so i have $7,500 right now, if i sell the subaru i will have about $10,000, but i want to save upi for a really good car

EDIT: theres no body kits? so im stuck with this ugly slow beast?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :p

Roy Visser
03-09-2005, 11:35 AM
i am so not dissapointed with this game. I love it, and although i have been reading about it every day since end 2003, im still amazed by the scale of it al!!

ps, i love the Mercedes Evo license for international b!!

Quiggs
03-09-2005, 11:44 AM
ps, i love the Mercedes Evo license for international b!!
That test irritated me, I had to keep checking up to stop from hitting the Skyline. I could have taken another 5-10 secs off otherwise and gotten gold...

my porsche
03-09-2005, 06:18 PM
yes, i hate following the pace car, i have hit it like 5 times and passed it a few times!

Esperante
03-09-2005, 06:25 PM
dude in all the gran turismo games you have to mod your car or you'll have your ass handed to you, just turbo it and you'll smoke all those other subarus.
Remeber when I was saying you had ricey tendencies? :rolleyes:

Karrmann
03-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Remeber when I was saying you had ricey tendencies? :rolleyes:

well i'm going by Gran Turismo 2, sonce I just have PS1.

but yeah in GT2 all i needed was a turbocharger and I could win any dealorship sponsered race.

but I needed to mod the car fully for the real races.

carlover
03-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Right now I have the pontiac sunfire gxp concept and the nike 2022 or whatever those cars are called. I'm trying to get my IA liscence (damn you nurburgring!) but I've only finished the FF race and the sunday cup race. I've done every IB driving mission. I'm hoping to beat the IA lisence so I can do the rest of the driving challenges. I'm trying to save up 31,000 so I can buy the HPA golf. Game's pretty fun, gran turismo mode's great, but NOTHING beats rallying in an elise! So fun... :) P.S. The pace cars are so annoying, it's good that they show people who are new to the game like me the apporpriate line of racing but I have crashed into them so many freaking times it's NOT EVEN FUNNY (it never was).

Macintosh sucks, Windows is better

Windows....... Windows......

Macintosh sucks, it really really sucks, Macintosh sucks, it really really sucks

visit my forum!

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=10241

UCPs#1 Toyota Prius hater
UCp's #1 dodge and chrysler fan
UCP's #5 or so Ford Focus fan

Windows sucks, Macintoch is better

Macintosh....... Macintosh......

Windows sucks, it really really sucks, Windows sucks, it really really sucks

visit my forum!

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=10353

UCPs#1 Toyota Prius fan
UCp's #1 dodge and chrysler hater
UCP's #1 Ford Focus Hater
I love how you guys have "dueling" signatures. So funny. :)

Karrmann
03-09-2005, 07:34 PM
please, please, don't make me go through this again, I had to do it once with baddabang, Mustang and UCR, can a mod or someone edit esps sig?

my porsche
03-09-2005, 08:15 PM
i like it, btw you ripped that off from waterboy, "water sucks it really really sucks, water sucks it realy realy suuuuuucks!"

Matra et Alpine
03-10-2005, 03:28 AM
please, please, don't make me go through this again, I had to do it once with baddabang, Mustang and UCR, can a mod or someone edit esps sig?
Why ?
Are mods now expected to hold everyone's hands ?
Yours "abuses" Windows users !!!
IF you dont like sigs, it's real easy - go to UserCP and chose not to display sigs :)

fpv_gtho
03-10-2005, 04:08 AM
OR he could just change his signature so Esperante is alone in the "sig war" and thus changes his, rather than complicating it for everyone else :p

my porsche
03-10-2005, 09:38 AM
hey man, its alright just change your sig, i dont think theres any reason to be so worked up, just change it to nothing or a different one, and esp will look like a jackass if no one's sig duels his! :D ;)

DodgeNitroBIRM
03-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Has anyone tried the US version of the Nur 24h? In the Asian version, it's always light, no real time change. I've seen the many mistakes on the Asian version fixed (4WD Lightning, etc.) and was wondering if time changes or does it constantly stay daylight?

Karrmann
03-10-2005, 03:24 PM
i like it, btw you ripped that off from waterboy, "water sucks it really really sucks, water sucks it realy realy suuuuuucks!"

yeah, I made that up when I was pissed at my Computer when Adam Sandler is imagining the linemen are the coach saying "water sucks, gatorade is better"

I loved it! :D

my porsche
03-10-2005, 05:32 PM
yeah, I made that up when I was pissed at my Computer when Adam Sandler is imagining the linemen are the coach saying "water sucks, gatorade is better"

I loved it! :D
"Bobby, water sucks, gatorade is better!"
"I don't know what kind of water you've been drinking!"
"No, no, Bobby, use it on the field, tackling fuel!"
"Tackling fuuuuel."

i love that movie

Pimp racer
03-10-2005, 05:48 PM

Not true there since I race most of my races stock.

werty
03-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm not going to even try and play the game seriously, i will wait until gameshark codes come out and get 1 trillion dollars and buy everything i want in one day

i dont really care about cheating in this game...imo, it takes tooo long!

carlover
03-10-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm not going to even try and play the game seriously, i will wait until gameshark codes come out and get 1 trillion dollars and buy everything i want in one day

i dont really care about cheating in this game...imo, it takes tooo long!
You can buy a disc for it. http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246385.asp You should buy it at a store. Shipping is 28 dollars. Ouch. I bought the strategy guide online as well but it back ordered so I won't be getting it for like a month. :(

Roy Visser
03-11-2005, 10:00 AM
That test irritated me, I had to keep checking up to stop from hitting the Skyline. I could have taken another 5-10 secs off otherwise and gotten gold...

yeah that pace car is very annoying, thats why i moved on to superlicense 16

no pace car, but scary as hell. Still 2 seconds to shave of my time and i will have gold!

6'bore
03-11-2005, 10:03 AM
God damn I need this game.lol

my porsche
03-11-2005, 10:23 AM

no pace car, but scary as hell. Still 2 seconds to shave of my time and i will have gold!
wait you jsut skipped IA?!?!? how! i need to get the stupid nurburgring done, thats my last one then the graduation test, my best time in the ring is 10:11 with that car

Quiggs
03-11-2005, 02:18 PM
wait you jsut skipped IA?!?!? how! i need to get the stupid nurburgring done, thats my last one then the graduation test, my best time in the ring is 10:11 with that car
He passed the test, but didn't try to get gold on it. He moved on.

Rockefella
03-11-2005, 02:30 PM

whoa.. you're getting golds on the super and I-A license tests.. sht. I might be able to knock off silvers but I don't have the patience to get golds. :o

whiteballz
03-11-2005, 03:09 PM

:rolleyes: :p

*crys*

carlover
03-11-2005, 03:14 PM
The damn nurburing one is ticking me off! I just barely go offroad and it's all like, "YOU LOSE! GO TO START AND TRY AGAIN FOR 10 MINUTES! SCREW YOU!". So annoying. I definetly need that cheat CD.

my porsche
03-11-2005, 05:08 PM
The damn nurburing one is ticking me off! I just barely go offroad and it's all like, "YOU LOSE! GO TO START AND TRY AGAIN FOR 10 MINUTES! SCREW YOU!". So annoying. I definetly need that cheat CD.
ugh i know if i make it without going off its like .012 seconds too long, and otherwise i go off!! i want a cheat to skip this one :mad:

Pimp racer
03-11-2005, 07:55 PM

That one was very easy IMO. I got silver on my second try! I could have had it on my first but I pushed my limits after 8 mins on the ring. :lol:

my porsche
03-11-2005, 07:57 PM
That one was very easy IMO. I got silver on my second try! I could have had it on my first but I pushed my limits after 8 mins on the ring. :lol:
stop bragging!!! :p

DodgeNitroBIRM
03-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Has anyone tried the US version of the Nur 24h? In the Asian version, it's always light, no real time change. I've seen the many mistakes on the Asian version fixed (4WD Lightning, etc.) and was wondering if time changes or does it constantly stay daylight?

<BUMP!!>

Can anyone answer this?

my porsche
03-11-2005, 09:45 PM
<BUMP!!>

Can anyone answer this?
what the fooook?

targa
03-11-2005, 10:03 PM
GT4 is the only reason i regret buying an XBOX instead of a PS2

my porsche
03-11-2005, 10:25 PM
i dont have to worry, i have both :D :D :D :D i cant wait for forza

Quiggs
03-12-2005, 07:57 AM
<BUMP!!>

Can anyone answer this?
Constants daylight.

DodgeNitroBIRM
03-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Ok. That sucks, then. The game has been pretty good so far, but that really does stink. I wouldn't mind seeing time change, even the older NASCAR and the old Le Mans 24 Hour (anyone remember that?) games had it.

my porsche
03-12-2005, 11:27 AM
what was the whole <BUMP>!!! about?

carlover
03-12-2005, 12:07 PM
As long as you don't go offroad. When I drive it my car usally just slides off road barely enough to make me lose. :mad:

<BUMP>!!! OW! My head! :p

Rockefella
03-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Ok. That sucks, then. The game has been pretty good so far, but that really does stink. I wouldn't mind seeing time change, even the older NASCAR and the old Le Mans 24 Hour (anyone remember that?) games had it.
Yeah, I was hoping I could switch over to A-spec in the middle of the night at the nurburgring 24h and just drive around with all the lights off in my room and the blinds closed. :( On a positive note, I'm finishing the last endurance race now, the Roadster 4h. (Finished all the others)

Rockefella
03-12-2005, 12:09 PM
bump means to post in a thread that hasn't been posted in for a while so someone can answer your question or so you can bring the topic back up.

6'bore
03-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Well, today I got a new PS2 slimline and GT4, And it didnt dissapoint. One of the greatsest games I have ever played, I used the transfer option to transfer money and bought the mitsubishi evo 8 and its now got 578 bhp. :D

my porsche
03-13-2005, 06:31 PM
just to let everyone know, i already said im not dissapointed anymore :D

kingofthering
12-09-2005, 10:32 PM
do what i did. sell it and buy a silvia/r32 skyline with intercooler. This will only cost you 10000-18000, depending on when you buy. The Silvia can get you a sileighty and the FR cup and they could both be modified to run the turbo cup.