PDA

View Full Version : My kit is for sale

sandwich
01-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Well that's it folks. I'm getting rid of my kelmark. You can see pics in the other thread http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710 here.

If you're in the us or canada and are interested, please let me know. or if you really want to ship it overseas, fine with me.

Questions? Just ask.

sandwich
01-08-2004, 06:29 PM
selling to get and Audi ur-q.

Egg Nog
01-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Audi ur-q? Or do you mean ar-q, as in Allroad Quattro?

By the way, nooooooooooooo! I'm sad to hear that your project is over :( However, I still have two questions:

1. How far have you gotten so far with this car?

2. Will NoOne buy it? Please! I mean, he's practically a local too!

sandwich
01-08-2004, 08:38 PM
well...to answer

1) the car is still in the state it was. I couldn't figure out what to do about the transmission and it has just sat. Being in college, in boston, i don't have time or money to treat the project with the care it needs.

2) edit: noone is not a teenager :rolleyes:
yeah that would be cool :D

Ur-q is german for "original" quattro (kind of). As in the street-based S1 variant. I'm getting into rallying more and more, and that's kind of my dream car right now (outside of a ford rs200). I actually looked into ways of making the kelmark 4wd/midengined. I almost had it too, but it's a huge project and i'm not ready for it, nor do i want to destroy the frame by modifying it...it really does come together nicely, and to cut it up and weld in new suspension would be kind of foolish.

one more thing....my father recently bought a fiberfab valkyrie gt40 kit car...almost the same thing but a gt40 replica, and that has pushed me out of the garage. :( Not much I can do, and I wouldn't mind moving on to a nice 4wd/turboed car that would do well in the winter. I'm sad to see it go, but i feel fairly convinced i could have done it with the proper cash and if I were still in HS and living at home...but those factors just aren't on my side, so i'll have to wait until i get my own garage.

how's the 914?

NoOne
01-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear your Kelmark project has come to an end, but good luck with your Audi quest.

I wish I was in the market for a project car, I might have actually considered it even though I know nothing about building small, lightweight mid-engine cars.

Nice thought all the same, thanx Egg Nog.

Egg Nog
01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Sweet... as much as I liked the look of that Kelmark, I'm a huge fan of those old-school Audis. A buddy of mine who just moved to Ontario actually has a pretty rare S2, or "Coupe Quattro" as it says in the owner's manual. I think it's a 1991 model.

Anyway, the 914 is okay right now, other than the fact that it's a little bit cold recently. Until the snow hit, I've been reliably driving it around almost daily. It's a lot quicker than I had originally anticipated, and the handling is absolutely unbelievable. On any corner, it will neither understeer nor skid, unless of course you punch it in a low gear, in which case it'll wag its tail a little ;0

The snow is melting away here in Vancouver, and I'll be driving again pretty soon. Maybe this weekend.

Cheers :)

Spyder
02-17-2004, 10:49 PM
What are you asking for the GT and will everything you have go with the car??

Spyder

sandwich
02-18-2004, 08:12 AM
asking 4000 or bo, with engine and transaxle and everything i have. It's practically complete, all it needs is an adaptor kit and the time and money to put it together...oh yeah and a new tire....

basinski dot a at neu dot edu

sandwich
03-21-2004, 08:40 AM
bump 2500 anybody out there?

Egg Nog
03-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Somebody buy this car! Seriously, that's an unbelieveable deal for such a rare and gorgeous car.

You still sure you don't want to finish it? Just imagine the looks that you'd be getting!

sandwich
03-24-2004, 11:43 AM
les pictures
http://community.webshots.com/user/dileu16

I go back and forth...but as I live in the city right now, I drive in the snow, and I want to start rally racing, I think something else is in order. I would cry to see my roomate back his pickup truck in that car's hood....he's already done it to my civic like 6 times...

As soon as I sell this I can move on to my next project...which will be a little more every day usable...but sadly, heavier than you'd ever care to think eggers...

sandwich
04-06-2004, 12:28 PM
bump.

on the bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2472397655&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ALC%3AMT%3A1