PDA

View Full Version : GT4 Help

deffenbaugh03
03-12-2005, 06:38 AM
For those of you that have GT4, how are you supposed to beat that Driving Mission that's a Slipstream Battle between the Skylines? I've tried it so many times and so many different ways and i can't figure out how to beat it. It's starting to piss me off because that's the only race i have left until i get the pagani zonda race car, and i need that car.

ruim20
03-12-2005, 07:05 AM
Slipstream it... isn't that the idea?

deffenbaugh03
03-12-2005, 07:10 AM
haha of course... but you start out right behind a pack of skylines, and it's easy to draft them and get in front, but then there's one more skyline really far in front and he's out of drafting range

NuclearCrap
03-12-2005, 07:10 AM
You need to stay in that slipstream as long as possible, that's the idea. I need help too, even though I've gone so far in GT4, I'm unable to figure out the prize car for each event. I just need to know which event would give me the Gran Turismo Formula '04, then I'll win it with my Audi R8 or Mazda 787B.

deffenbaugh03
03-12-2005, 07:22 AM
You need to stay in that slipstream as long as possible, that's the idea. I need help too, even though I've gone so far in GT4, I'm unable to figure out the prize car for each event. I just need to know which event would give me the Gran Turismo Formula '04, then I'll win it with my Audi R8 or Mazda 787B.

Nurb 24 Hours

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/580/580824p1.html

NuclearCrap
03-12-2005, 07:23 AM
A Nurburgring 24 Hours race(12-13 hours real life) :eek: , hopefully I can be done by tonight. *sighs, and turns on PS2* I want to get a red/black one, it looks cooler than any other F1 color.

Quiggs
03-12-2005, 07:53 AM
Try the bump draft. Pull up behind one of them. Run full throttle, and about 15-20% brake, until you get to his bumper. Then push. You'll go faster because you're in his draft, and he'll go faster because you're pushing him.

deffenbaugh03
03-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Does that work? Sounds like it might i guess, a little cheap but oh well, Thanks

Pimp racer
03-12-2005, 12:26 PM
A Nurburgring 24 Hours race(12-13 hours real life) :eek: , hopefully I can be done by tonight. *sighs, and turns on PS2* I want to get a red/black one, it looks cooler than any other F1 color.

Actually if you sit there and do the whole thing its a FULL 24 HOURS!
And for this battle it just takes patience.

deffenbaugh03
03-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I tried the bump draft thing and i couldn't get any closer than 1.4 seconds behind. When should i stop drafting? I stop drafting right as you enter the last turn on the last lap.

Pimp racer
03-12-2005, 02:55 PM
Umm....I dont think you should ever stop drafting. Just try to draft for as long as you can unless you are right behind him and you think you are confident enough that you can pass him.

my porsche
03-12-2005, 03:18 PM
or you could put it on B-Spec and X3 speed it will be about 8 hours iguess?

i cant get my freaking IA license!!! ugh i have lll of them done but the mercedes/ring one and the graduation test

baddabang
03-12-2005, 03:53 PM
or you could put it on B-Spec and X3 speed it will be about 8 hours iguess?

i cant get my freaking IA license!!! ugh i have lll of them done but the mercedes/ring one and the graduation test

not unless you stay with it for that long. after the first pit stop it switches back to 1x speed :(

my porsche
03-12-2005, 03:56 PM
it takes mandatory pitstops? i guess it would have to or the tires would be useless

Pimp racer
03-12-2005, 03:59 PM
it takes mandatory pitstops? i guess it would have to or the tires would be useless

Yes and for the Fuel.

baddabang
03-12-2005, 04:00 PM

and you would eventually run out of fuel, anybody run out yet? just wondering what happens :)

Quiggs
03-12-2005, 05:08 PM
and you would eventually run out of fuel, anybody run out yet? just wondering what happens :)
You limp back capped at 50mph.

Rockefella
03-12-2005, 05:12 PM
You limp back capped at 50mph.
Tell me about it, I accidentally ended the pit-stop real short w/ like 2 bars of fuel (on the meter) on the Nurburgring 4h and had to cruise back around the entire nordschliefe. I thought I was doomed.

NuclearCrap
03-13-2005, 05:23 AM
Damn, that took a while. Thanks for anyone who helped me, I'll get some F1 pictures uploaded soon. I left my GT4 on B-Spec mode the whole night. I also had my watch programmed so it beeps every 15 minutes to tell me to change tires and refuel. I had a hard time because I couldn't sleep for the whole night. I'm now aiming for Formula GT, which is probably the fastest and most intense event in the whole game.

dub_audi86
03-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I got a question about B-spec.
I was trying to do the 25 lap race at Nurburgring with the AC cobra from the UK lot. Everything was going fine till the 10th or 11th lap until there was some problem somehow. I pitted and when i came out my car would not for its life surpass 80 Km/h. Which in MPH is D.F.S. (dead effing slow). I was watching what the car was doing, (lap times and such) and there was some pic that came up where it says what the car is doing, like pitting, off road and such. Its not in the GT4 book, i looked a few times, and i was wondering if anyone else got that same image, or how i can fix it. I was leading the race by almost a lap on everyone so i was rather pissed off when i had to exit out of the race.

sa22c13bt
06-04-2007, 09:08 PM

the f1 u win from "ring" is the white,green,red, and black one i think im not sure if u can get the diff colours or not:confused:

KFA-R
06-05-2007, 05:11 AM
the f1 u win from "ring" is the white,green,red, and black one i think im not sure if u can get the diff colours or not:confused:

on mine you get a white and purple one

KFA-R
06-05-2007, 05:20 AM
thats my Formula GT..... done about 10,000k's in it now

http://www.cheatscodesguides.com/playstation-2-cheats/gran-turismo-4/

that website has all the prize cars on it for ya

h00t_h00t
06-05-2007, 04:21 PM
on mine you get a white and purple one

I got the orange one, its classy.

To the guy who needs the Zonda Race car: No you don't, its rubbish.

NSXType-R
06-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Same here, the orange one.

I really don't need it, but the white one is drop dead gorgeous.

You have the Zonda race car? :confused:

KFA-R
06-05-2007, 10:02 PM
the white one is drop dead gorgeous.

i agree!!! there is something about a soft purple race car that really does not interest me......lol:D

Ferrer
06-06-2007, 12:01 AM
I had the purple one too. Maybe not the best looking livery but certainly the best car for all tracks except for the big oval.

Kurt
06-06-2007, 10:34 AM
haha of course... but you start out right behind a pack of skylines, and it's easy to draft them and get in front, but then there's one more skyline really far in front and he's out of drafting range

Hey guys I'm from www.gtplayground.com and saw your problem while surfing the net. Have you figured it out?

Here's how I did it:

I drafted up to 3rd place and passed the 2nd place car and made sure that he caught my draft. You have to pass him with enough momentum to get by him as far as you can, but not for him to drop out of your draft. Once he starts gaining on you, move over right before he hits you in the rear('cause the AI is lame) and let him fly by you. At this point take advantage of his draft again and keep doing this until you catch the draft from the 1st car.;)

NSXType-R
06-06-2007, 02:08 PM
i agree!!! there is something about a soft purple race car that really does not interest me......lol:D

Maybe that it's a crappy color? :rolleyes:

I won three. I put it on B-Spec, just for the money. I'm planning on getting the black cars.

I missed it the first and second time around.

You can get the black cars after you've missed it right?

KFA-R
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Maybe that it's a crappy color? :rolleyes:

I won three. I put it on B-Spec, just for the money. I'm planning on getting the black cars.

I missed it the first and second time around.

You can get the black cars after you've missed it right?

is this the 4 "special" ones? (see below) i have heard that they do reapear later in the game but, sorry, cant tell you when that is :( i have only found when they appear the first time)
if you do get them it, i warn you they are fairlt warn out, covered a lot of miles and the chasis' on them a fairly loose..... i found them different to drive to other cars of that class

NSXType-R
06-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes, I was referring to them. They just look cool, and that's about it. The only car I have is the Nissan R390. I didn't have enough money to buy the rest. I do have about 13 million now, so I should be covered whenever they pop up again. ;)

kingofthering
06-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I have the Toyota GT-One and the Nissan R92C. I want the others...

Kurt
06-08-2007, 09:22 AM
I have the Toyota GT-One and the Nissan R92C. I want the others...

If you pay the shipping +5 bucks for my troubles I'll copy an 100% game save with 900+ cars and 4million-billion dollars onto the mem card of your choice:) :D

Armand-[79th]
06-08-2007, 03:54 PM
is this the 4 "special" ones? (see below) i have heard that they do reapear later in the game but, sorry, cant tell you when that is :( i have only found when they appear the first time)
if you do get them it, i warn you they are fairlt warn out, covered a lot of miles and the chasis' on them a fairly loose..... i found them different to drive to other cars of that class

Do the body refresher (or whatever it's called) and they are usually ok.
I did have all the black specials, but I reset my game.

NSXType-R
06-08-2007, 04:13 PM
That stinks. Besides the fact that they're black, do they handle like the normal cars?

h00t_h00t
06-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Same here, the orange one.

I really don't need it, but the white one is drop dead gorgeous.

You have the Zonda race car? :confused:

Yes. My game is 95.7% complete, and has been for months.

The black cars all appear on days 693 until day 700 (a week) if you miss them again you have to wait another 700 days.

NSXType-R
06-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Yes. My game is 95.7% complete, and has been for months.

The black cars all appear on days 693 until day 700 (a week) if you miss them again you have to wait another 700 days.

Wow, that's insane. I'm about 78.5ish.

I'm too distracted by the photo taker. :D

Quiggs
06-08-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm too distracted by Forza and my 640hp all-wheel drive R32-swapped Corrado.

KFA-R
06-08-2007, 09:54 PM
;716584']Do the body refresher (or whatever it's called) and they are usually ok.
I did have all the black specials, but I reset my game.

cool thanks! i havent had a chance to yet.... silly Formula GT championship took ages to finish.... grrr

That stinks. Besides the fact that they're black, do they handle like the normal cars?

they are the same as if you bought them from the deeler with all the livery...... they absolutly fly!!! the mazda in particular! i dont know what it is about that car but especially in black it is gorgious..... a quad rotar race car but ohhhh so cool.......

i have all 4 as i said... will get pics ASAP of all of them....

whats the story with the zonda race car? whats so special about it? i cant really get into the road one... bought it the other day and i kinda disapointed to be honest:(

NSXType-R
06-09-2007, 10:44 AM
they are the same as if you bought them from the deeler with all the livery...... they absolutly fly!!! the mazda in particular! i dont know what it is about that car but especially in black it is gorgious..... a quad rotar race car but ohhhh so cool.......

i have all 4 as i said... will get pics ASAP of all of them....

whats the story with the zonda race car? whats so special about it? i cant really get into the road one... bought it the other day and i kinda disapointed to be honest:(

Thanks for the tip.

The Zonda race car can't be bought. You need to complete the last 10 racing challenges to do it I think.

fisetdavid26
06-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the tip.

The Zonda race car can't be bought. You need to complete the last 10 racing challenges to do it I think.
You have to complete mission 21-24 to win the Zonda LM.

KFA-R
06-09-2007, 01:27 PM
so is the zonda LM any good? as i said i am particularly disapointed with th road version.... understear city....grrr.

same with the speed 12....... anyone else find that particuarly crazy to drive? it has taught me to be very gentle on the throtle but yeah still completely nuts to drive.... anyone else find that?

Gt1Street
06-09-2007, 10:12 PM
so is the zonda LM any good? as i said i am particularly disapointed with th road version.... understear city....grrr.

same with the speed 12....... anyone else find that particuarly crazy to drive? it has taught me to be very gentle on the throtle but yeah still completely nuts to drive.... anyone else find that?

yup, same here...
disappointed with both it and the LM version...
I only keep them for B-Spec...

cmcpokey
06-10-2007, 08:29 AM
i have the regular zonda, and have just made it a top speed machine. ended up with a top speed of 278, so use it on any races on the high speed test track.

Gt1Street
06-10-2007, 12:12 PM
i have the regular zonda, and have just made it a top speed machine. ended up with a top speed of 278, so use it on any races on the high speed test track.

get the 88V its way faster !

NSXType-R
06-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I just did the Citroen 2CV races today.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz

On the other hand, the Alpine races were really cool.

The A310 I made into an oversteering monster. It was really cool sliding into the corners. Sure it cooked the tires, but it was lots of fun. It was the first time I ever controlled a drift. :D

I also played with my Nismo 400R a bit. I like that car a lot too. Pictures shall come in the other thread in a bit, when I find my pen drive.

fisetdavid26
06-10-2007, 08:00 PM
My friend just did the most stupid thing probably ever done in GT4. He lapped Test Course in the Daimler Motor Carriage. 44 minutes. There was a circular mark on his thumb where the 'X' button was :D Any contender?

NSXType-R
06-10-2007, 08:04 PM
That thing must have slid to the inside corner on the bends. It's actually quite an incline. :D

He must have been very, very, very, bored.

He should use the same car on the Nurburgring. :p

The_Canuck
06-10-2007, 08:05 PM
My friend just did the most stupid thing probably ever done in GT4. He lapped Test Course in the Daimler Motor Carriage. 44 minutes. There was a circular mark on his thumb where the 'X' button was :D Any contender?

Omg, that thing is terribly slow :p

I tried to do the smallest track once and only got 20M past the start line before getting bored.

fisetdavid26
06-10-2007, 08:10 PM
That thing must have slid to the inside corner on the bends. It's actually quite an incline. :D

He must have been very, very, very, bored.

He should use the same car on the Nurburgring. :p
That's exactly what I thought, he must have been unbelievably bored, except I added "get yourself a girlfriend dude".

He did try the Nürburgring, however the car can't go uphill. Impossible to lap therefore. That's a bit ridiculous :D

NSXType-R
06-10-2007, 08:13 PM
I dumped so much money into the Citroen. What a waste. It turned out to have 54 HP and have a top speed of 73. :p

I don't even think the Patent Motor Wagen has 1 HP. It's just that it's the lowest number possible. :D

fisetdavid26
06-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Just bought myself a 787B in my new game. That thing is friggin' fast. I did a 10 laps showdown on High Speed Ring, tested it absolutely stock except auto setup set at 17 for the tranny. I managed 0'54.409. Could do much better however, I'm not exactly in the mood.

NSXType-R
06-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I'll get that in black when the damn cars cycle back again. I do however like the stock livery too. Maybe I'll get both. I may or may not be able to afford it though once I blow all my money on the black cars. I have around 13 million.

fisetdavid26
06-10-2007, 09:42 PM
I'll get that in black when the damn cars cycle back again. I do however like the stock livery too. Maybe I'll get both. I may or may not be able to afford it though once I blow all my money on the black cars. I have around 13 million.
The 4 black cars cost around 8 million. You have enough money. 8,299,996 to be exact.

kingofthering
06-10-2007, 09:44 PM
He did try the Nürburgring, however the car can't go uphill. Impossible to lap therefore. That's a bit ridiculous :D

I tried that - The damn thing couldn't make it up the hill to the starting line- It only could roll back down.

fisetdavid26
06-10-2007, 09:51 PM
I tried that - The damn thing couldn't make it up the hill to the starting line- It only could roll back down.
There's a way to climb the hills. You have to drive from side to side in diagonals. It's possible, but it's so long.

Ferrer
06-10-2007, 11:44 PM
I just did the Citroen 2CV races today.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz
No, this actually the most fun cup in the whole game... :D

A 2 player game Beetle v 2CV is the most fun you can have playing a videogame.

KFA-R
06-11-2007, 03:50 AM

i take this is miles per hour?

i have had the Caddy Cien up to 470Km/h that was an effort i thought

On the other hand, the Alpine races were really cool.

The A310 I made into an oversteering monster. It was really cool sliding into the corners. Sure it cooked the tires, but it was lots of fun. It was the first time I ever controlled a drift. :D

I also played with my Nismo 400R a bit. I like that car a lot too. Pictures shall come in the other thread in a bit, when I find my pen drive.

hahaha yeah i know what you mean.... i started doing it with them basically stock.... but i couldnt do it i needed something interesting so i did it up full tap.... lol........ not sure why it still slow and hard to drive but yeah...

i think i have sorted out my zonda problems.... you sorta have to slide it through the corners i have found... got a good piccy of it the other day will get it on here ASAP but yeah.... dont try and drive it normally and take all the under/over stear driving aids off.... makes life more fun

NSXType-R
06-12-2007, 12:29 PM
The 4 black cars cost around 8 million. You have enough money. 8,299,996 to be exact.

It's good to hear that. It'd be foolish to blow all my money on black cars.

No, this actually the most fun cup in the whole game... :D

A 2 player game Beetle v 2CV is the most fun you can have playing a videogame.

I beg to differ. :D

hahaha yeah i know what you mean.... i started doing it with them basically stock.... but i couldnt do it i needed something interesting so i did it up full tap.... lol........ not sure why it still slow and hard to drive but yeah...

i think i have sorted out my zonda problems.... you sorta have to slide it through the corners i have found... got a good piccy of it the other day will get it on here ASAP but yeah.... dont try and drive it normally and take all the under/over stear driving aids off.... makes life more fun

I can't believe Polyphony has all these interesting races and stuck a 2CV one in for good measure. At least give us better prize cars. I don't want another 2CV, especially when it comes in pink!

I bought a Zonda, it has about 1000 horses, I tried setting it up. The setup worked when I had the stage 3 turbo in it, but I might have to tweak it a bit. I haven't had time to look back on it.

KFA-R
06-12-2007, 07:02 PM
I can't believe Polyphony has all these interesting races and stuck a 2CV one in for good measure. At least give us better prize cars. I don't want another 2CV, especially when it comes in pink!

I bought a Zonda, it has about 1000 horses, I tried setting it up. The setup worked when I had the stage 3 turbo in it, but I might have to tweak it a bit. I haven't had time to look back on it.

i know bloody hell i thought after all that pain then i would have received more than a pink slow thing

my zonda has 960Hp and is hard to drive.... around grand vally it is only 2 seconds faster than my supercharged vette! i have found that if you slide it around the corners it wants to do that but yeah..... blisteringly quick

look at the other thread the GT4 pictures one it has 2 pics of my 7.3L Zonda doing the 2 things it does best..... sliding around the corner and doing 460Km/h (thats 287mph very roughly)

h00t_h00t
06-13-2007, 05:41 AM

Maybe they got to drive real ones which are great fun. No matter how fast you go (forwards anyway) into corners they will not flip over.

NSXType-R
06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Maybe they got to drive real ones which are great fun. No matter how fast you go (forwards anyway) into corners they will not flip over.

In real life it may be fun, but not in a video game, when you're used to 100+ mph speeds.

They flip over? :confused:

Ferrer
06-13-2007, 02:36 PM
In real life it may be fun, but not in a video game, when you're used to 100+ mph speeds.

No they don't.

Bodyroll is somewhere between massive and catastrophical, though.

NSXType-R
06-13-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow, that's quite scary.

Look at those bicycle tires! :D

h00t_h00t
06-13-2007, 05:24 PM

Thats the only bad thing about the game, it doesn't convey speed very well. The game seems especially slow after playing NFS:Carbon where hitting 200mph is hard and you can plainly see that you are going ****ing fast.

NSXType-R
06-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Thats the only bad thing about the game, it doesn't convey speed very well. The game seems especially slow after playing NFS:Carbon where hitting 200mph is hard and you can plainly see that you are going ****ing fast.

But NFS: Carbon is also a completely different game. It's very stylized to appeal to a different type of car guy. Chances are, die hard NFS: Carbon fans aren't going to like GT4, and vice versa.

fisetdavid26
06-13-2007, 07:50 PM
But NFS: Carbon is also a completely different game. It's very stylized to appeal to a different type of car guy. Chances are, die hard NFS: Carbon fans aren't going to like GT4, and vice versa.
Well I do like both, but I reckon playing GT4 after a particularly intense session of Carbon looks just like if I was riding my bicycle on Valiums.

NSXType-R
06-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Well I do like both, but I reckon playing GT4 after a particularly intense session of Carbon looks just like if I was riding my bicycle on Valiums.

The reason why GT4 wouldn't appeal to a hard core NFS fan is because it's way too realistic, and NFS is way too unrealistic to a GT4 fan.

GT4 has some minor faults, but the speed issue isn't much of a problem as long as you're driving a car with more than 400 HP. :D

KFA-R
06-15-2007, 04:25 AM
The reason why GT4 wouldn't appeal to a hard core NFS fan is because it's way too realistic, and NFS is way too unrealistic to a GT4 fan.

GT4 has some minor faults, but the speed issue isn't much of a problem as long as you're driving a car with more than 400 HP. :D

yeah it is very realistic..... and for those ppl who like drifting, it is bloody hard to do! so they jump off NFS and find this to be crap.

i think that GT4's speed "issue" is that it all depends on what view you use. the view i use is the close to the ground one.... it makes you feel like your moving quite a bit fast than normal... but its realistic because you jump out of a Corvette for eg and get into a old citroen then yes it will be boring..... i know when i did the citroen race on GT4 i had basically just stopped raceing the world championship with the R8! it was very boring! VERY!!!

yeah i cant wait for GTHD it will be something special..... if they get it right which i have full confidence in them doing

jek
07-11-2007, 10:31 PM
For those of you that have GT4, how are you supposed to beat that Driving Mission that's a Slipstream Battle between the Skylines? I've tried it so many times and so many different ways and i can't figure out how to beat it. It's starting to piss me off because that's the only race i have left until i get the pagani zonda race car, and i need that car.

For the Skyline slipstream mission, change transmission to manual. The acr will be in 5th gear when you start. Just stay in that gear. Keep behind the white Skyline as long as possible - you should catch him at the end of the first straight. Overtake to the left and get back in front of the other cars and stay on the yellow line. They will catch you 3/4 of the way down the back straight. Keep looking behind to see when they are getting close. Move to the side and let one pass and get back in behind it straight away. Keep doing this and you willl have no problems.
PS. Game status: 100%! And I did it without the Zonda Race Car, so you don't need it.

787b racer
08-14-2007, 07:33 PM
i need to finish the IA nipingburg north.its to *** hard

KFA-R
08-27-2007, 07:32 AM
hey guys... anyone help me with the LAN setup for GT4? cant get it working... is it worth all th hassel at the end?

jamesabc
12-06-2007, 07:18 PM
does anyone know how to do driving mission with the drafting? i cant seem to get it.

fisetdavid26
12-07-2007, 01:56 AM
does anyone know how to do driving mission with the drafting? i cant seem to get it.
When you overtake all of them after drafting, make sure they all overtake you again, and then use drafting to overtake all of them again. Drafting all of the cars instead of one or two that overtook you generally yields in greater speeds.

jamesabc
12-08-2007, 04:04 PM
when you overtake them do you keep full throttle? cause if i do that they dont catch up until much later. should i slow down so they can draft me more closely?

fisetdavid26
12-08-2007, 04:05 PM
when you overtake them do you keep full throttle? cause if i do that they dont catch up until much later. should i slow down so they can draft me more closely?
You have to let go of the throttle to let them overtake you.

jamesabc
01-04-2008, 09:06 PM
i still cant get that slipstreem battle thing.

anyway i also want to know how to get the pictures from gt4 onto computer. how you do it?

cmcpokey
01-05-2008, 06:29 AM
i still cant get that slipstreem battle thing.

anyway i also want to know how to get the pictures from gt4 onto computer. how you do it?

flash drives are your friend

jamesabc
01-07-2008, 02:54 AM
do you hav to hav gt4 running when you put the flash drive in?

or do you get it from the memory card somehow?

NSXType-R
01-07-2008, 01:29 PM
do you hav to hav gt4 running when you put the flash drive in?

or do you get it from the memory card somehow?

You plug the flash drive into the PS2.

You save the pictures to the flash drive instead of the memory card.