PDA

View Full Version : Man Kills Wife, Self, Hours After Wedding

Scarface
04-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Saturday, April 26, 2003 11:38 p.m. ET

E-mail or Print this story
- - - - -

MILL HALL, Pa. (AP) -- A man shot and killed his new wife Saturday shortly after their wedding reception, then turned the gun on himself, police said.

Police said Frank W. Shope II, 34, married Lori Ann Spangler, 35, on Friday afternoon, but they began to argue during a small reception in a bar.

The dispute escalated after they returned home. About 12:30 a.m. Saturday, Shope shot his new wife, police said. He then shot himself in the head.

State troopers arrived minutes later. Shope and Spangler were pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

The two started dating about five weeks ago after he ended a 16-year relationship with another woman, according to friends and neighbors.

Spangler had two children who were with relatives at the time of the shooting, friends said.

Homem de Gelo
04-26-2003, 10:11 PM
That kind of sucks.

Nash
04-27-2003, 12:18 AM
What a screwed marriage. They get married after only 5 weeks of dating, then the reception is held at a bar. This was a bad idea from the get go.

Nogger
04-27-2003, 12:31 PM
I guess they said: "hell, marriage, why not have a shot at it!?"

Scarface
04-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Nogger
I guess they said: "hell, marriage, why not have a shot at it!?" oh..you are a bad man :p

IBrake4Rainbows
05-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Tell me something, did the article have the response of the previous wife in it, somehting like "I'm just lucky it weren't me"?

ozexige
05-21-2003, 12:00 AM
They must have done something in five weeks, talked to each other - in a bar? Had sex? - in a bar? Why not - they had the reception in a bar. Maybe it wasn't his/her fault - I blame the bar! If you have to blame anything - t's not the gun's fault, people kill people, not guns - so don't bring up that old chestnut, or I'll get Mr. Heston (you know NRA Pres.) onto you - if he was alive. Now leave me alone I'm off to my local (I don't carry a gun - all the time).

jade7
12-31-2004, 07:28 PM
more disastrous stuff in here
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/dis_tsu_dec_26t_200_eco_imp