PDA

View Full Version : I beat Gran Turismo 4

werty
03-13-2005, 04:33 PM
With a little help from gameshark.com, i managed to buy every car, fully moded and made 1 trillion dollars. I also have infinite nitrous and all the licenses.

It was really fast too. All you have to do is connect the ethernet cord to the router, and then to the PS2. Download the cheats directly and there you have it...GT4 is a peace of cake.

Anyways, hope you all have fun wasting your time trying to get cool cars. :p

I recommeded this for people who dont have enough time to actually play it, like myself.

Matra et Alpine
03-13-2005, 04:52 PM
You really shoudl change the title then as you didnt' beat anything :) AVOIDED the hard bit is the best you can claim I reckon :)

baddabang
03-13-2005, 05:05 PM
CHEATER!

just playing wert! It is a good alternative for the nonhardcore players :cool:

TheOne
03-13-2005, 05:07 PM
CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

now ya take it online and do tournaments:)......(don't use cheats there though:P, tho maybe you can't even use cheats there)

NAZCA C2
03-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Why??? Why would you want to cheat your way through a perfectly good game? Would'nt it be funner to actually beat the game the hard way?

SPHFerrari
03-13-2005, 05:17 PM
no it wouldnt be funner

d-quik
03-13-2005, 05:22 PM
OWNED

no, just some of us want to use the expensive cars for fun right away

Rockefella
03-13-2005, 05:33 PM
To each his own, I'd much rather build my way up through the game.

Blue Supra
03-13-2005, 05:37 PM
agreed, i would rather make my way through a game (even if it takes me weeks) then cheat. it ruins the fun and even knowing them ruins it as when youre in a tight spot you just pop the code in and youre right again...

FUN KILLER!!!
:p

F1_Master
03-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Technically since you used a code deal to get your were you were, you didn't beat anything.

Your 100% is gamesharked....

carlover
03-13-2005, 05:43 PM
I cheat too. I used my 1158 horsepower Nissan R92CP race car to beat the sunday cup! :D :D I'm a huge cheater but I love to buy all the really expensive cars and mod them out right at the beggining. :)

NuclearCrap
03-13-2005, 05:43 PM
I never cheat in racing games, and I hate it when others cheat on them. I think cheating in racing games is abusive to your own driving skills because it's like if you don't cheat, you can't win. I rather enjoy the game's difficulty. Look, even without cheating, I end up having F1, R8, 787B, and all those. Cheating is similar to ramming your opponent off the road in real life. :mad: Even though I have GameShark, I only use it on a very few shooter games, unlike some people who want to abuse his own driving skills.

carlover
03-13-2005, 05:57 PM
I never cheat in racing games, and I hate it when others cheat on them. I think cheating in racing games is abusive to your own driving skills because it's like if you don't cheat, you can't win. I rather enjoy the game's difficulty. Look, even without cheating, I end up having F1, R8, 787B, and all those. Cheating is similar to ramming your opponent off the road in real life. :mad: Even though I have GameShark, I only use it on a very few shooter games, unlike some people who want to abuse his own driving skills.
I don't drive in real life. And I ram people off the road in GT4 and cut corners and a whole bunch of other stuff.

illusionest
03-13-2005, 06:10 PM
thats no fun
cheats r good only for fighting games and RPGs.
Gran turismo 4 aint one of those. :cool:
btw, whats the point?
NITROUS = RICE!!!!
I never install nitrous on my cars cus they slow ur car down
and its alot more fun when u actually have a challenge.
and i also agree with the other ppl ^
slowly building up is more fun

Rockefella
03-13-2005, 06:18 PM
NITROUS = RICE!!!!
I never install nitrous on my cars cus they slow ur car down
I disagree, in GT4 it is a great upgrade as a cheap, renewable horsepower early-game. In NFSU on the other hand, it's rice festival '05.

blackcat77
03-13-2005, 06:49 PM
There were cheat codes for the old NFS:PU game but I didn't use them and won the game anyway.

That way, I know I earned it and had more fun along the way.

werty
03-13-2005, 06:50 PM
woah didnt mean to hurt some of your feelings there guys...haha

to me its just a video game...oh and fine i didnt beat it...i completely cheated...you happy matra :p

shr0olvl
03-13-2005, 06:54 PM
With a little help from gameshark.com, i managed to buy every car, fully moded and made 1 trillion dollars. I also have infinite nitrous and all the licenses.

It was really fast too. All you have to do is connect the ethernet cord to the router, and then to the PS2. Download the cheats directly and there you have it...GT4 is a peace of cake.

I recommeded this for people who dont have enough time to actually play it, like myself.

Good. Now send me GT4 along with your ps2 and all the equipment I may need to beat the game myself. :D

Smokescreen
03-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Has anyone tried the 24 hour races yet? I just saw that there was one a Le Sarthe, do you have to do it all the way through? I'm at like 24%, I haven't open the enduros yet.

carlover
03-13-2005, 07:02 PM

to me its just a video game...oh and fine i didnt beat it...i completely cheated...you happy matra :p
I can't beilieve you cheated! You're so hurtfull!! :p

Niko_Fx
03-13-2005, 07:16 PM

Uhmmm...

I hardly find any time to play the game as well, but so far I've managed to complete 23% (And I spent this last week in Venezuela, where I didn't play at all)

I love winning races and growing in the game... Once I reach the level in which I have too many cars, too much money and nothing to beat I stop playing the game (Like GT3)

Rockefella
03-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Has anyone tried the 24 hour races yet? I just saw that there was one a Le Sarthe, do you have to do it all the way through? I'm at like 24%, I haven't open the enduros yet.
There are three 24h races, one at the Nurburgring Nordschliefe, one at La Sarthe I, and the last at La Sarthe II. You need an I-B license for the 'ring and an I-A for La Sarthe I and II. From the 'ring, you get the Formula Gran Turismo, from La Sarthe I you get the Audi R8 (am I wrong here?.. I can't remember which cars come from which races since I finished every enduro :cool: ) and from LaSarthe II you get the Bentley Speed 8.
It IS 24 hrs actual time so b-spec it over a day and you should win. (If you have the right car and tire setup... R2 front R1 back recommended)

shr0olvl
03-13-2005, 07:28 PM
There are three 24h races, one at the Nurburgring Nordschliefe, one at La Sarthe I, and the last at La Sarthe II. You need an I-B license for the 'ring and an I-A for La Sarthe I and II. From the 'ring, you get the Formula Gran Turismo, from La Sarthe I you get the Audi R8 (am I wrong here?.. I can't remember which cars come from which races since I finished every enduro :cool: ) and from LaSarthe II you get the Bentley Speed 8.
It IS 24 hrs actual time so b-spec it over a day and you should win. (If you have the right car and tire setup... R2 front R1 back recommended)

Damn, that would suck if you went all the way through the race and lost the race.

Id prolly crack the game in half if that happend and cry.

Rockefella
03-13-2005, 07:29 PM
Damn, that would suck if you went all the way through the race and lost the race.

Id prolly crack the game in half if that happend and cry.
Yeah, but when you're leading by 18 laps with the F1 car you tend not to worry. :)

shr0olvl
03-13-2005, 07:30 PM
Yeah, but when you're leading by 18 laps with the F1 car you tend not to worry. :)

18 laps. Damn, wheres the competition ? I would get lonely. :p

Rockefella
03-13-2005, 07:37 PM
18 laps. Damn, wheres the competition ? I would get lonely. :p
You don't get lonely, B-Spec driver man does. However, I doubt he has any sort of emotion.

my porsche
03-13-2005, 07:44 PM
18 lap lead? thats like schuey!

Pimp racer
03-13-2005, 08:04 PM
You cheater...you should have used B-SPEC instead. :lol:

Esperante
03-13-2005, 08:18 PM
With a little help from gameshark.com
Disclaimers, disclaimers. Tsk, tsk.

danno
03-13-2005, 08:41 PM

thats nice for you but i find it more fun to work through the game to beat it.

if you dont have time to play it, why did you buy it in the first place???: :D

werty
03-13-2005, 08:50 PM
thats nice for you but i find it more fun to work through the game to beat it.

if you dont have time to play it, why did you buy it in the first place???: :D
i agree, playing the game through is more fun, but i remember trying to do it with gt3 and all it did was make me mad all the time after losing races. So the reason i bought the game is so i can have 700 cars fully moded and have fun just driving around really fast. It was worth it. And anyways, im a senior in a college prep high school, the work is long and hard, i just dont have that much free time.

Hope you die-hard fans can forgive me...but hey now i can tell you whats the fastest/ best car. :)

shockwaveracing
03-14-2005, 12:34 AM
CHEATER!

just playing wert! It is a good alternative for the nonhardcore players :cool:

or for the ones who aren't any good... :p

NuclearCrap
03-14-2005, 01:38 AM
If you don't work your way up, you'll end up losing every race you play with your friends in 2P Battle. Cheating, such as GameShark or ramming people off, does abuse your own driving skills.

Street_Dreamer
03-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Wert, uve just ruined the whole point of the game... i never play on my PS2, and though ive been waiting 2 years, i am stil yet to get GT4, but i shall! and i shall also play the game as it was intended by god.... and polyphony

6'bore
03-14-2005, 12:46 PM
I have already 'cheated' by transfering $100,000 and starting off the game in a 600 bhp evo. :D But werty you have just ruined the game really, very silly :rolleyes:

werty
03-14-2005, 04:23 PM
GameShark or ramming people off, does abuse your own driving skills.

I dont agree with that, while all you guys have to work your way up and contiually change your driving styles, i can get used to driving the fastest most manueverable cars, increasing my abaility to beat people in very fast races.

haha, what does it matter anyways, its a video game :p

RS6
03-14-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure, when you have enough time on your hands, you will play the game properly.

Rockefella
03-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Update. Finished Special Condition Hall, Beginner Hall, Professional Hall, Endurance Hall, first 15 missions, and Japanese Races. These extreme events are quite tedious and difficult.

whiteballz
03-14-2005, 10:49 PM
im getting GT4 in two weekends :D i cant wait, but im also going on a date that weekend...

hmm tough choise :rollseyes:

yeh right! date all the way!

dashers
03-15-2005, 01:46 PM
With B-Spec mode you can speed up time 3 times so a 24hour race fits into 8 hours,but you still have to pit for tyres and fuel, so it doesnt help a huge amount. Im nowhere near that,only 6.6% atm but only had it 6 days. Its amazing, im loving the photo mode atm, you can save photos onto a usb stick and put them on your comp,they are gorgeous!

werty
03-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure, when you have enough time on your hands, you will play the game properly.

probably ;)

oh btw, i recommened....highly recommend buying or winning the Nike car when you guys get a chance...its really fun to drive, 8 gears and great acceleration. :D

Rockefella
03-15-2005, 05:29 PM
probably ;)

oh btw, i recommened....highly recommend buying or winning the Nike car when you guys get a chance...its really fun to drive, 8 gears and great acceleration. :D
Nike car is descent. It is fun to drive though.

RS6
03-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Update. Finished Special Condition Hall, Beginner Hall, Professional Hall, Endurance Hall, first 15 missions, and Japanese Races. These extreme events are quite tedious and difficult.

Can you make any recommendations on which is the best rally car to use in special conditions?

werty
03-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Can you make any recommendations on which is the best rally car to use in special conditions?
I like the subaru's the best so far

RS6
03-16-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm thinking of buying that Evo Rally car with the weird spoiler set-up. It costs about 1 million but that is well within my budget. ;)

Quiggs
03-16-2005, 07:37 PM
For the 'easy' Special Events, I used a WRX STI with a chip, exhaust, flywheel, racing IC, and tires. They were more than easy.