PDA

View Full Version : Add to GT4

Niko_Fx
03-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Which of these 4 manufacturers would you add to the game if only 2 could be added?

Ferrari
Koenigsegg
Porsche
Lamborghini

whiteballz
03-17-2005, 10:36 PM
not porsche because there is already RUF ( i think )
not ferrari because they are already too much of a fan base.

lambo and koenigsegg.

Spastik_Roach
03-18-2005, 12:28 AM
Lambo and Koenigsegg. I wanna thrash a Countach round the 'ring.

P3RG4R3C
03-18-2005, 12:32 AM

lambo and koenigsegg.

Exactly. :)

fa22_raptor
03-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Lamborghini and Ferrari because I regard them as some of the most beautiful, but nonetheless blindingly fast cars in the world.

illusionest
03-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Koenigsegg and lamborghini

porsche? already RUF, actually, better than porsche
lambo *drool*
ferrari? eek.. i dunno...if they do. enzos plz

ruim20
03-18-2005, 02:35 AM
Lamborghini and Ferrari, Lambo because of the obvius, and ferrari because they have much more cars than Koenig.

r1ckst4
03-18-2005, 02:47 AM
Lamborgini and Ferrari... the two most famous car makers in the world... why dont they have ferraris or lambos in the game anyway? is it because of the high price sony has to pay those companies for having their cars in the game?

pimento
03-18-2005, 04:36 AM
That's exactly right ricksta, EA own the rights to ferrari, porsche and I think lambo as well, for being in car games. And they ain't about to relinquish it, which sucks because they haven't made a good racing game since NFS Porsche Unleashed.

RS6
03-18-2005, 05:36 AM
Lamborghini and Ferrari but only if they use classic Ferraris and not the new ones, otherwise it is Lamborghini and Porsche. Seeing as Koenigsegg has only had two cars, I couldn't care less if they were in the game or not.

Sackalack GT
03-18-2005, 07:28 AM
if the game had come out a little later, it would've been interesting to see Doonkervort in there, let us all take a shot at breaking the lap record at the 'ring.

6'bore
03-18-2005, 08:58 AM
Why are lamborghini never in car games? :confused:

P3RG4R3C
03-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Why are lamborghini never in car games? :confused:

They are in Need For Speed 3 and 6 (maybe in others too, but they are not in the two Undergrounds and in the Porsche Unleashed :rolleyes: ) As far as I know.

Nice avatar btw.

6'bore
03-18-2005, 09:40 AM
They are in Need For Speed 3 and 6 (maybe in others too, but they are not in the two Undergrounds and in the Porsche Unleashed :rolleyes: ) As far as I know.

Nice avatar btw.

Thanks, but I got it of SPH ferrari.

Pando
03-18-2005, 09:52 AM
That's exactly right ricksta, EA own the rights to ferrari, porsche and I think lambo as well, for being in car games. And they ain't about to relinquish it, which sucks because they haven't made a good racing game since NFS Porsche Unleashed.

Ferrari & Porsche (and koenigsegg for that matter) where in project gotham racing 1&2... Lambo was missing though. I think the reason why lambo isn't in any more realistic games than NFS is that if you put a lambo in a realistic game ppl would see how overrated their cars are. Everyone that doesnt know anything about cars has this impression that lamborghini builds "the fastest cars in the world"... they dont want to break the bubble. :p

LTT
03-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Porsche, Ferrari, and Koenigsegg will be in Forza. Should be fun to put and Enzo and the CGT through their paces at the 'ring, in a realistic physics enviorment.

NAZCA C2
03-18-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't know why the Gran Turismo series hasnt added Porsche to their games yet. In the past 30-40 years Porsche has probably had more involvement in road racing than any other brand. I know the GT series has Ruf cars but it would be a lot better with regular Porsches.

Lagonda
03-18-2005, 12:55 PM
Porsche and Ferrari. Lot's of older Ferraris. Don't care too much about Koenigsegg, sure they make a cool car but they aren't say.."established" yet ;). Lambo, well I like the older cars but don't really like the VW lambos so in the end I don't care for them, unless they would add Countaches, Miuras and Diablos.

Koenigsegg_CC
03-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Aren't Lamborghini & Koenigsegg on GT4 anyway? :confused:

whiteballz
03-18-2005, 07:02 PM
from recolection there was a diablo in GT3. you win it in the monaco enduro...

Spastik_Roach
03-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Theres a Koenigsegg in Midtown Madness 3. Lots of fun to drive it.

CSL
03-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Porsche and Ferrari

you cant have a car game without arguably the 2 greatest names in sports cars and racing, plain and simple, no other manufacture comes close

CSL
03-18-2005, 09:31 PM
I think the reason why lambo isn't in any more realistic games than NFS is that if you put a lambo in a realistic game ppl would see how overrated their cars are. Everyone that doesnt know anything about cars has this impression that lamborghini builds "the fastest cars in the world"...

hopfully you are kidding because there is no way you can tell how good cars are by playing a video game

ZeTurbo
03-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Porsche and Ferrari

you cant have a car game without arguably the 2 greatest names in sports cars and racing, plain and simple, no other manufacture comes close
could not have said it any better

Radoman
03-18-2005, 11:31 PM
Ferrari & Porsche (and koenigsegg for that matter) where in project gotham racing 1&2... Lambo was missing though. I think the reason why lambo isn't in any more realistic games than NFS is that if you put a lambo in a realistic game ppl would see how overrated their cars are. Everyone that doesnt know anything about cars has this impression that lamborghini builds "the fastest cars in the world"... they dont want to break the bubble. :p

Wrong, dumbass.

Only two? I'd go with Ferrari and Porsche, with Lambo close behind. Koeniggsegg is fine, but there aren't very many cars to put in.

Porsche: all the 911's, 356's, 944's/968's/928's, Boxter, Carrera GT, 550 Spyder, 906, 917's, and various other racing cars, concepts, prototypes and variants. You can't get much of that with Ruf.

Ferrari: Come on, I'd love to take on the Monaco course with a 250 GTO.

But why just two?

Lamborghini: " " " " " " Nordschliefe " " " Murcielago R-GT.

In fact, they need to bring in Bugatti as well.

whiteballz, The Diablo you speak of was only available in the Japanese version of GT3. It was removed and replaced with, of all cars, the Acura RSX :(

Pando
03-19-2005, 12:21 PM
hopfully you are kidding because there is no way you can tell how good cars are by playing a video game

Kidding and not. I know car games arn't real life, but think about it. Nowdays games are so realistic(if they want to be) that you acctually can roughly measure & compare cars and their track times with real life. I don't know Lamborghinis reasons for refusing to take part of realistic car games, but maybe they wouldn't do it if their cars would be underrated, since a car simulation nowdays is good PR if your car does well in it. It also spreads brand awareness for generally less known car manufacturers. Perhaps (even prob) Lamborghinis reasons for refusing are some completely different reasons. BUT they'd find away to do it if it would benefit them. To play a car game with your favourite Lambo and get humiliated time after time by Lamborghinis competitors (mainly Ferrari, Porsche) and even more "unknown" brands (Pagani, Koenigsegg etc etc...) is NOT good pr. Good PR is smoking your competition in real life & in games.

Ps. No need for "look at the Murc GT-R stats" replies. :p I know there are powerful Lamborghinis and nice classics, but this is my therory.

Wrong, dumbass. You wish to enlighten us further?

kingofthering
12-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Ferrari vs. koenigsegg. why? FXX vs. Mclaren F1 vs. Koenigsegg vs. Ruf Yellow bird at the ring is why.

magracer
12-20-2005, 04:51 PM
if the game had come out a little later, it would've been interesting to see Doonkervort in there, let us all take a shot at breaking the lap record at the 'ring.

Actually you would have to have the Radical SR8 to do that...;)

Porsche, not because of the CGT, but because of the GT3, GT2s, Porsche Cup, RSR, etc.
+
Ferrari, not because of the Enzo or F50, but F40 and F430, 575, etc.

P3RG4R3C
12-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Ferrari vs. koenigsegg. why? FXX vs. Mclaren F1 vs. Koenigsegg vs. Ruf Yellow bird at the ring is why.

Thanks for reviving an old thread and BTW.... the FXX would own...

Street_Dreamer
12-22-2005, 08:40 AM

lambo and koenigsegg.
just don't like Ferrari as much as Lambo or Koenigsegg, the only cars i would like on it have to F40LM, F50 and FXX