PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Car You've Ever Owned.

Spastik_Roach
03-18-2005, 11:43 PM
ITs simple enough. State here the worst car you've ever owned, and why.

I havn't owned any cars, but i'll speak for my mum.

My mum owned a shitty old Morris Marina. It broke down alot and generally was really shitty.

whiteballz
03-18-2005, 11:59 PM
my parents have been rather lucky with their cars,

my dad owned a HQ, duno wether it was a monaro, a 120y datto, and a toyota corona wagon, then the subaru liberty wagon.

he said the one that had the most trouble was the toyota, but that was because our mechanic back then was incompitent and stupid.

IBrake4Rainbows
03-19-2005, 12:13 AM
My Parents have always owned good(Ish) cars.

I suppose the worst was our '95 Automatic Corolla Sedan, It used to weave in the breeze......

blackcat77
03-19-2005, 12:25 AM
A '71 Vega. I got it as a wedding present but it was a total POS, as were all Vegas. Engine blew within 6 months, replaced under warranty but the transmission soon followed. It was just one thing after another, but even when it ran it was an underpowered, clumsy ugly mess. Those were truly awful times for cars.

The only less reliable car I ever had was a Fiat 850 Spyder, but when it ran, I loved it, so it can't be at the bottom of the list.

clutch-monkey
03-19-2005, 05:09 AM
a 1990 VN commodore. thirsty, no grip, light rear end + torque = burnouts whenever i did a u-turn. oh, and the interior slowly disintegrated.

lukeh
03-19-2005, 05:12 AM
Datsun 120Y Recomend it to any one who want to spend 50 dollars on a car.

Karrmann
03-19-2005, 05:51 AM
it's easy, the Lemon Caravan, transmission at 70,000 miles, head gasket at 15,000 miles, all those stupid recalls, and it only has 80,000 miles to date and it acts like as if it was to fall apart.

my family was just Ford and Chevy products (except for my moms celica that she owned in the 80's and the Hynduai that my dad wrecked) and we never had a bad car, alll cars were minor repairs only, no major ones and they were very reliable, then we had to try out a Dodge, and this is what we get.

**** dodge, buy ford or chevy, or even better JAPANESE

carlover
03-19-2005, 10:25 AM
Karrman, that is exactly what a fanboy would say.

I remember my dad used to own some crappy chevy cavailier a long time a go. I don't remember much about it except that it broke down a lot. :rolleyes:

6'bore
03-19-2005, 10:30 AM
Karrman, that is exactly what a fanboy would say.
:

Exactly, he just doesnt care, 'F*** dodge,' What kind of a statement is that karrmann mate?

Pando
03-19-2005, 11:38 AM
I was young & dumb and short of money: :D :D

Karrmann
03-20-2005, 06:23 AM
Exactly, he just doesnt care, 'F*** dodge,' What kind of a statement is that karrmann mate?

stop, don't buy dodge, dodges are crap idiot cars that break down every day.

johnnynumfiv
03-20-2005, 08:40 AM

SHUT UP YOU MORON. You are so freakin biased against the whole dodge name just because your parents bought a car that has a lot of problems, which happens, DEAL WITH IT. I've delt with a few dodges over the years, the only problem ones were caravan's, I wish your parents looked into the reliablity and reviews about this car so we wouldn't have to deal with your 12 year old everybodyisagainstme syndrome. My dodge truck hasn't had a problem in 9 months, my drivers ed car was a dodge stratus, no problems there either. UGH :mad: :mad: :mad:

henk4
03-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Probably my first, Renault 4GTL, where the floater stuck in the carburettor on the second day after delivery and the fact that it was impossible to keep the water away from the car floor. After that one, only Citroens, so "fanboy" approach :D

carlover
03-20-2005, 03:58 PM
OMG MY VIPER BROKE DOWN BECAUSE I SMASHED IT INTO A WALL AT 200 MPH IT MUST SUCK!!!

Next time you decide to take your parents car keys karrman, remember that you have to use the clutch to shift.

Radoman
03-20-2005, 11:54 PM
...Well, I've only had 2, so I guess my old fox.. in that it was slow, boring and only had 4 gears. but it was fairly reliable and got me where I needed to go, so it's no where near a bad car. I'll go with what my dad just recently, FINALLY sold:

a 1983 Jeep Wagoneer. POS, it was. The engine chugged the gas, it broke alot, there was always SOMETHING wrong with it. It stunk like hell, so every summer morning I would wake up to the pungeunt(sic?) smell of it's exhaust wafting through my open window. It would take hours to get rid of, and **** me if I could get back to sleep.

We finally sold the old pile a few days ago. Dad is quite happy with his shiny new GMC long-box van. NOTE: he's in the contracting (read: building houses) business, so he needs one.

yeah.

gtrjazz
03-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Mazda RX7 fell to bits in the space of Two years, Rust and engine problems

taz_rocks_miami
03-24-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm proud to say I've never owned a bad car, but my mother...whole other story. She once had a 1985 Chevy Chevette. Slow is an understatement!!! Hated to drive that damn thing. Never broke down though.

I tried to find a pic of a 1985 Chevette so you guys would know what I'm talking about. I could only find a pic of an 81 model.

kingofthering
12-14-2005, 11:30 PM
My mother had a subaru 4wd wagon that broke down everytime she drove it. Fortunately we junked and it was hit by a bus once.We then bought a Mercedes 190E that broke 6-7 years after we bought it used.

Newbomb Turk
12-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Mine was a 1991 Chevrolet Corsica with the 4 cylinder. 80,000 mile car. Problems too numerous to say. Also the most underpowered thing i've even driven.

Niko_Fx
12-18-2005, 10:08 AM
1992 Mitsubishi MF (I believe it's the U.S's Galant)
1998 Chevrolet Blazer

The Blazer was too problematic. Windows, A/C, etc. were always malfunctioning.
Our 1992 Blazer was pretty good though, really tough car, it hold its own for many years.

The Mitsu was nice, but it lacked power (especially for Caracas' hills)... After a couple of years the engine pretty much blew up unexpectedly. Oil was fine, temp was fine.... it just blew up :confused:

nota
12-18-2005, 10:49 AM
I met my motoring Waterloo in the shape of a used Peugeot 504, an 1800cc with ZF automatic. Bought as a 'bargain' at wholesale auction for $900 which was then about 2/3rds of current market value, with the intent of a quick resale for profit. Cosmetically excellent in/out with wide alloy wheels but pity my ownership experience didn't match the looks

Comfy seats and handled well but literally SO SLOW off the line that fully laden 42-seat Government diesel buses consistently dragged it off up to 40km/h, no exagguration. Two weeks after purchase a nasty engine rattle developed, diagnosed as a probable cracked piston skirt. A week later the 'electronique' auto lost reverse gear while a potential buyer was test-driving it. I somehow jagged $450 and was very glad to see it leave

bimdub
12-18-2005, 09:45 PM
1981 Chevrolet Citation.....nuff said....

Cyco
12-18-2005, 11:26 PM
The first car I bought, a Datsun 180B, cost me all of $10 (rego change fee). Kept it for 2 weeks before giving it away, the previous owner had had it stolen and the LR axle was bent leading to a reasonable shake over 40km/h.

I got rid of it simply due the that I didn't feel safe driving it like that (the new owner knew about it before I gave it to them).

Prius
12-19-2005, 05:12 AM
hmm, I don't own anything, but the worst car my mom owned probilly has to be her Current car, a 1998 Dodge Caravan (remember my breakdown stories ;)), it was the first car the family bought new, and it turns out to be a piece of shit.

clutch-monkey
12-19-2005, 05:22 AM
wow, i never saw that coming

Sauc3
12-19-2005, 05:25 AM
hmm, I don't own anything, but the worst car my mom owned probilly has to be her Current car, a 1998 Dodge Caravan (remember my breakdown stories ;)), it was the first car the family bought new, and it turns out to be a piece of shit.
You do realise you already posted that on page one here, which makes this post spam and a useless cry for attention.

I haven't ever owned a car myself, but my mum's owned a Proton somethingorather in Malaysia which was economical but not what I'd consider a "good" car. Apart from that we've been very fortunate :).

jorismo
12-19-2005, 06:45 AM
I have never owned a car myself either, but I think our worst car ever was the Peugeot 306 Break. It had horrible brakes and it ratteled everyhwere. And the radio reception was also horrible...

drakkie
12-19-2005, 08:07 AM
my dads worst car must be the FIAT Ritmo. after being in the garage for 6 times (for different flaws) in three weeks, he sold it :) one time his brakes failed and he almost hit the door of the police station. it was 3 centimtres from the door :p

P4g4nite
12-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Is that a ...Gemini?
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=98590&d=1111716749

My worst was a (Mitsu) TP Magna sedan, although it wasn't generally a pain.
Whenever something broke (which was semi-regularly) we went down to teh wreckers with a bag of tools and cannibalised a handful of parts from other Mitsus...it turned into something of a Frankenstein creation, Starion radiator, Galant front brakes, light truck fuel pump, wheels we pinched from a car I can't recall ATM, a CD player from some Merc...and then I sold it at huge loss to my pocket and dignity.
I also inherited a 120Y Datto paddock basher (the first I had ;) ). To lighten it up we chopped the roof off (down to the window sills) and tore out the interior (a bad move because then we had to duct-tape a shitload of wiring away again) It went a bit faster which was nice until the whole chassis twisted (visibly) during a special stage jump.