PDA

View Full Version : the legendary Autobahn

baddabang
01-09-2004, 01:57 PM
im sure we all know what it is but has ne one driven it :confused:

Mustang
01-09-2004, 02:23 PM
no unfortunately i havent but as soon as i am old enough to get my drivers licence i am going straight there for sure :D

Swissbeatz
01-09-2004, 05:54 PM
I don't know what you're talking about

white devil
01-09-2004, 08:10 PM

i think he is talking of the high way autoban but not sure didint understood what he said

DiabloGTR
01-09-2004, 09:08 PM
I heard you need a special license to drive on the Autobahn.
Heard the Autobahn has no speed limit, but that the same time it's one of the safest roads in the world. :eek:
I wanna go to Germany someday and drive on that thing.

Misho
01-10-2004, 02:11 AM
from what i understand, the autobahn is a series of highways in germany with no speed limit. never heard about the special licsence thing though.
could any of the european memebrs give us more insight ?

henk4
01-10-2004, 05:53 AM

Surprising, somebody from Switzerland not knowing what the Autobahn is, certainly taking into account the cars that he has been trying toconvince us to own.

Anyway, for those who never experienced the Autobahn, yes there are still stretches where you can go flat out. Adviced speed is 130 kph. If you want to go faster than it's your risk, and insurance companies will take your speed into account for damage settling. An increasing amount of autobahn network, especially in the more densily populated areas, and in more hilly areas are permanently limited to 130 or sometimes 110 or 100.

Driving flat out normally means that you have to be very careful, as you are never alone. Trucks may decide to overtake at unexpected moments, and when you approach somebody who is doing 180 you may not expect him to give way. In general, yes I did it a couple of times, but never for more than a couple of minutes. (for those interested, the speedo showed 198, but I am only driving a diesel).

SL500
01-10-2004, 06:21 AM
I read about this in a car magazine,they tested a murcielago in that highway,they went speeding with that bull about 310 km/h!

SL500
01-10-2004, 06:22 AM
I think,actually AutoBahn is a german word,huh?

Swissbeatz
01-10-2004, 08:11 AM
Surprising, somebody from Switzerland not knowing what the Autobahn is, certainly taking into account the cars that he has been trying toconvince us to own.

Ah ok, now I know. I jus thought that he was talking about a highway in US or something like that. Many Americans use the word autobahn.
I know that autobahn means highway in Germany. But to many people think that all the "autobahns" don't have speed limit in Germany it's wrong. There are some trançon section around Berlin where there sre speed limit and it's 130km/h.
I have ever drive on the autobahn. it was between Basel and Frankfurt. I can tell you that it was very fast. around 220/240km/h I love highways in germany. In Switzerland the Police is too strict but between Fribourg and Lausanne, there is no radar, no policement and I use to push my engine at 250-260km/h.

Brabus
01-11-2004, 12:34 AM
Wir Lieben Unseren Autobahnen :d

henk4
01-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Wir Lieben Unseren Autobahnen :d

Schade um diesen Linksfahrer :D

NoOne
01-11-2004, 04:15 AM
jeder ein Schauspieler :D

Ich spreche nicht Deutsches, ich benutze einen Übersetzer :p

Hope some of that made sense ;)

henk4
01-11-2004, 04:20 AM
jeder ein Schauspieler :D

Ich spreche nicht Deutsches, ich benutze einen Übersetzer :p

Hope some of that made sense ;)

I don't understand why everybody should be an actor, although I have seen people acting very strangely on the Autobahn.

fpv_gtho
01-11-2004, 04:37 AM
I think,actually AutoBahn is a german word,huh?

i think its the german translation for motorway

NoOne
01-11-2004, 04:39 AM
I don't understand why everybody should be an actor, although I have seen people acting very strangely on the Autobahn.

It wasn't supposed to be actor :p , it was comedian I was looking for

henk4
01-11-2004, 04:40 AM
i think its the german translation for motorway

correct

henk4
01-11-2004, 04:44 AM
It wasn't supposed to be actor :p , it was comedian I was looking for
I can understand that, because there are many, many comedians on the autobahn.
:D

NoOne
01-11-2004, 04:54 AM
I was actually referring to the comedians in the forums, I unwittingly became one of them ;)

henk4
01-11-2004, 04:56 AM
[QUOTE=NoOne]I was actually referring to the comedians in the forums, I unwittingly became one of them ;)[/QUOTE

comedians in the forum??? :D

NoOne
01-11-2004, 05:17 AM
When Brabus posted " Wir Lieben Unseren Autobahnen " which translates into " We love our motorways " it comes across as a bit cocky - but not in a bad way :) The fact that he posted in German made his post targetted to a select group of people who spoke the language and presumably have driven the Autobahn.

henk4
01-11-2004, 05:41 AM
When Brabus posted " Wir Lieben Unseren Autobahnen " which translates into " We love our motorways " it comes across as a bit cocky - but not in a bad way :) The fact that he posted in German made his post targetted to a select group of people who spoke the language and presumably have driven the Autobahn.

I see, and the Germans should love them, because as far as I know they are the only country where unlimited speed is still allowed, albeit not everywhere.
I think however it is a matter of time when there will be a uniform European speed limit of 130 or possibly 140 kph. Such a regulation takes anyway any excuse to build cars that can go significantly faster, assuming that cruising at such speeds will be at about 85% of maximum output.

NoOne
01-11-2004, 06:03 AM
I'm not sure a highway without speedlimit is a great idea, I have heard that they are among the safest in terms of number of accidents, but I would be curious as to how they fare in the percentage of fatalities in those accidents.

Here in Canada our speed limit is 100km/h, but as an unspoken rule 120km/h is regarded as the norm, it was considered to increase the limit to 120km/h, but decided against as they figured people would just start driving 20km/h over that limit. We have long, straight, multi-laned, well maintained highways that should safely encompass an increased speed limit. My commute to and from work consists of approx.50 km each way, I usually drive this at 130 - 140 km/h as traffic flow permits - meaning if thats what people are driving at I'll join them. :)

I am a firm believer that speed doesn't cause accidents, difference of speed does. Highways are safer if everyone drove at approx. the same speed, problem being, as I stated earlier 120km/h is considered the norm, there always seems to be someone who doesn't realize they're on a highway and will drive at 80-90km/h, to me these are the dangerous people on the road as they refuse to join the majority and keep the traffic flow consistent.

henk4
01-11-2004, 06:21 AM
I'm not sure a highway without speedlimit is a great idea, I have heard that they are among the safest in terms of number of accidents, but I would be curious as to how they fare in the percentage of fatalities in those accidents.

Here in Canada our speed limit is 100km/h, but as an unspoken rule 120km/h is regarded as the norm, it was considered to increase the limit to 120km/h, but decided against as they figured people would just start driving 20km/h over that limit. We have long, straight, multi-laned, well maintained highways that should safely encompass an increased speed limit. My commute to and from work consists of approx.50 km each way, I usually drive this at 130 - 140 km/h as traffic flow permits - meaning if thats what people are driving at I'll join them. :)

I am a firm believer that speed doesn't cause accidents, difference of speed does. Highways are safer if everyone drove at approx. the same speed, problem being, as I stated earlier 120km/h is considered the norm, there always seems to be someone who doesn't realize they're on a highway and will drive at 80-90km/h, to me these are the dangerous people on the road as they refuse to join the majority and keep the traffic flow consistent.

I agree that speed as such is not the problem, but indeed the difference is and as you describe for Canada, that can happen anywere. I have done about 15000 km during three holidays in Canada, and I find it very relaxing to drive. This really is cruise control country. 120 seems to be the right speed, given the limits that I experienced.(Alberta 110, BC and Sask 100). However it was very obvious that lot's of people were not driving very concentrated, and mirrors were scarcely used. When doing the German autobahn that attitude would create great problems as you have to be permanently on the alert.

NoOne
01-11-2004, 06:43 AM
The law really needs to crack down on cell phone use,etc. Believe it or not I've actually seen people trying to read a map while driving at 120km/h, having it spread out over their steering wheel.

I don't know which country can claim the worst drivers, but it wouldn't surprise me if Canada ranked high up there, here in southern Ontario we usually have a fair bit of snow, this is nothing new ... it happens every year ;) , yet people will panic when the roads are wet and start driving 10, 20 or even 30 km/h below the posted limits. I see these people and wonder how they get licensed to even leave their garages. Most accidents I see, especially in the winter involve 4wd SUV's, I guess the drivers figure it makes them a better driver.

As I said before, "It is better to be a high performance driver in a low performance car, than a low performance driver in a high performance car"

henk4
01-11-2004, 07:32 AM
Actually I think most Canadian drivers would be terribly shocked when driving in Europe. It is generally two gears faster and certainly much more aggressive, hesitation is not tolerated. On the other hand recently I drove to Brussels in between X-mas and New Year on a part of the motorway that is normally blocked during peak hours and cars go very slowly but not this time. It must therefore have been out of habit that the guy I overtook in the middle lane doing 120 was still reading his newspaper.

NoOne
01-11-2004, 07:37 AM
If anyone has a bit of free time there is good reading here on speed limits and safety

http://www.hwysafety.com/hwy_montana_2001.htm

http://americanautobahn.com/

http://home.att.net/~texhwyman/autobahn.htm

NoOne
01-11-2004, 07:51 AM
I had the pleasure of driving in Britain a few yrs ago, I found the traffic quite courteous and the majority of drivers did not drive mile upon mile in the right lane.

henk4
01-11-2004, 08:23 AM
I had the pleasure of driving in Britain a few yrs ago, I found the traffic quite courteous and the majority of drivers did not drive mile upon mile in the right lane.

Agree it's better there, however many drivers showed a notable tendency to stay in the middle lane.

NoOne
01-11-2004, 01:39 PM
I find nothing wrong with people tending to stay in the middle lane, that leaves a lane for passing and another for traffic merging on or exiting the highway.

henk4
01-11-2004, 02:37 PM
I find nothing wrong with people tending to stay in the middle lane, that leaves a lane for passing and another for traffic merging on or exiting the highway.

The principle is to stay on the right lane, (or left when you are in the UK), that leaves two lanes for overtaking, and as overtaking on the "other" side is strictly forbidden it's quite annoying when you have to move over two lanes to overtake somebody driving unneccessarily in the middle. Merging and exiting is the exception, not the rule.

NoOne
01-11-2004, 02:48 PM
I see your point, but with each highway having its own unique characteristics of exits,on ramps and traffic load, I drive a length of highway where there are exits every mile or 2, in this case my idea would be ideal. If people were more courteous, then 1 lane for overtaking should be sufficient ... in my perfect world. ;)

henk4
01-11-2004, 02:57 PM
I see your point, but with each highway having its own unique characteristics of exits,on ramps and traffic load, I drive a length of highway where there are exits every mile or 2, in this case my idea would be ideal. If people were more courteous, then 1 lane for overtaking should be sufficient ... in my perfect world. ;)

In a perfect world you may be right but in practice differences in speed prevent this option. Suppose you are in Germany doing 130 in the middle lane (the officially advised speed) and the right lane is free, behind is somebody doing 150 in the middle lane (totally legal) but on the left lane somebody comes up doing 170. This is the sort of situation I'am thinking about and it happens far too often. (also in the UK) The absence of speed limits requires a very great discipline in sticking to the right to make it fully efficient.
Stretches of highway like you are describing are in Germany usually limited to 120 and 100 kph, making the need to move over less urgent.

mechanixfetch
01-11-2004, 03:18 PM
I wish I had the courteous police you have in Ontario NoOne. Here I was nicked for doing 100km in a 90 zone whilst i was in the fast lane. just gowes to show there is no justice in the world.

mechanixfetch
01-11-2004, 03:42 PM
I just thought that I should also mention that on the highways in Montana there is no limit anly a suggested speed.

fpv_gtho
01-11-2004, 07:29 PM
I wish I had the courteous police you have in Ontario NoOne. Here I was nicked for doing 100km in a 90 zone whilst i was in the fast lane. just gowes to show there is no justice in the world.

well if you think that was bad, check this out. in Victoria here (im in New South Wales by the way) the governments got a no tolerance policy to speeding, where they can book you for doing say 105km/h in a 100km/h zone. i think all other states and territories here except for the northern territory give you something like a 10% speed tolerance over 60km/h ive heard, the northern territory having barely any speed limits

Misho
01-11-2004, 07:38 PM
i feel very compelled to say something about noOne's claim that canadian drivers are among the worst in the world. with worst meaning aggressive, fast, dangerous, . . .

it seems that you haven't been to many developing countries. I assure you that driving in the middle east is truly a remarkable experience. depending on which country you visit, the experience changes dramatically. in most gulf countries such as Kuwait, the AVERAGE speed on a highway would be close to 160 km/h. most drivers dont obey the speed limit and most officers never bother to ticket anyone. there are places and times when they ty to enforce speed limits, but its usually limited.

moving on to a place like Saudi Arabia, all i could say is that this is the only county in the world that does not permit women to drive! do i need to say more about the driving over there ??! :)

finally, a place like Cairo, Egypt with a population of 20 million is among the biggest and most crowded places in the world. it is basically impossible to find words to describe how crazy driving over there is !!

as for Canada, I would have to say that Halifax and Nova Scotia in general, have some of the worst drivers in the world !! with worst meaning slow, overly scared, old, strange drivers !!

Egg Nog
01-12-2004, 01:05 AM
Someone posted scans of an old EVO article a while back on the SC.net forums, but unfortunately, I can't find it. Anyway, it was about how one particular businessman upgraded from a 911 Turbo to a McLaren F1, and shaved 25 minutes off of his commute time. He would regularly exceed 200mph. I found a quick paragraph about the same guy online:

A German man brought his car in for service so the techs reviewed the computer data log to see how the car had been running. It showed peek speeds twice a day at over 200mph, one 230+, for the last 16 days in a row! He commutes to work each day on the Autobahn. They changed the oil, told him his car was working just fine, and sent him home.

From http://www.centralcoastweb.com/nsxb/media/pics/mclaren/mclaren.html

henk4
01-12-2004, 02:55 AM
Someone posted scans of an old EVO article a while back on the SC.net forums, but unfortunately, I can't find it. Anyway, it was about how one particular businessman upgraded from a 911 Turbo to a McLaren F1, and shaved 25 minutes off of his commute time. He would regularly exceed 200mph. I found a quick paragraph about the same guy online:

A German man brought his car in for service so the techs reviewed the computer data log to see how the car had been running. It showed peek speeds twice a day at over 200mph, one 230+, for the last 16 days in a row! He commutes to work each day on the Autobahn. They changed the oil, told him his car was working just fine, and sent him home.

This article is about Thomas Bscher, a well known German (former) banker, who participated in the 24 hours in Le Mans with an F1 and is also a very well respected driver of a Masearti 250F in historic grand prix races. He has just been appointed chief of the Bugatti division with the VAG group.

I think his commuting times were a bit outside normal peak hours, because around Frankfurt the streets are too busy to allow for such speeds. (although the Mac has the advantage to get there very quickly)

henk4
01-12-2004, 02:58 AM

Just read a bit further and see how three persons died in the Mac.

henk4
01-12-2004, 03:06 AM
i feel very compelled to say something about noOne's claim that canadian drivers are among the worst in the world. with worst meaning aggressive, fast, dangerous, . . .

it seems that you haven't been to many developing countries. I assure you that driving in the middle east is truly a remarkable experience. depending on which country you visit, the experience changes dramatically. in most gulf countries such as Kuwait, the AVERAGE speed on a highway would be close to 160 km/h. most drivers dont obey the speed limit and most officers never bother to ticket anyone. there are places and times when they ty to enforce speed limits, but its usually limited.

moving on to a place like Saudi Arabia, all i could say is that this is the only county in the world that does not permit women to drive! do i need to say more about the driving over there ??! :)

finally, a place like Cairo, Egypt with a population of 20 million is among the biggest and most crowded places in the world. it is basically impossible to find words to describe how crazy driving over there is !!

as for Canada, I would have to say that Halifax and Nova Scotia in general, have some of the worst drivers in the world !! with worst meaning slow, overly scared, old, strange drivers !!

Some of the places you mention I have been too (Cairo) and I can confirm your observations, even taking into account that I was there almost 15 years ago. They really drive like madmen. This summer I was in Lagos, Nigeria and that is totally comparable. The worst drivers I have seen are however in Ulan Bataar, the capital of Outer Mongolia. It's a combination of stupidity, inadequacy and FY mentality, that will make you very careful when walking or driving around there. (When not behind the wheel the Mongols are very nice people though).
The problem with (not all) Canadian drivers (and many american drivers too) is a lack of concentration, not being involved in the driving process, and just pottering on. The monotony of the main roads certainly contributes to this attitude, and actually the speed limits make you very sleepy, because there is very little to excite you.

NoOne
01-12-2004, 08:52 AM

Just to clarify, I did say that "... I wouldn't be surprised if Canada ranked up there..." I did not reference worst meaning aggressive,fast or dangerous. My claim was almost identical to yours on Nova Scotia drivers : slow,overly scared ... and with the addition of cell phone use, eating, and trying to read a map or book while commuting.

I don't know which country can claim the worst drivers, but it wouldn't surprise me if Canada ranked high up there, here in southern Ontario we usually have a fair bit of snow, this is nothing new ... it happens every year ;) , yet people will panic when the roads are wet and start driving 10, 20 or even 30 km/h below the posted limits. I see these people and wonder how they get licensed to even leave their garages. Most accidents I see, especially in the winter involve 4wd SUV's, I guess the drivers figure it makes them a better driver.

I have not had the pleasure(?) of driving in any developing countries BUT I have been to Montreal !!! Which is home to the most ignorant, uncourteous drivers I have personally seen. I was in Nova Scotia this past summer, in the Annapolis valley I did venture into Halifax twice (great casino), but I found nothing unusual with the driving there, but I deal with Toronto traffic on an almost daily basis... don't get me wrong I'm not one of them ..... they would have created this post on their laptop at 130 km/h !!! :D

mechanixfetch
01-12-2004, 01:11 PM
When we moved here to Vancouver from Manchester England my parents marvelled about the courteousness (sp?) of other canadian drivers. For instance getting on to the lions gate bridge (see Picture) four lanes often merge into one and there is a simple system of 4-2-1 with everyone staggering their merging 1-2-1-2 and you almost never see people cheat. Most people are friendly on the streets here to at Least in West Van even though most trophy wives cannot drive ;). I got thumbs up from several people for the wreath I had on my Mom's car that I drive around in. so I think at least WESTERN Canadian drivers are nice. Although they do go too slow on the Highway.

Misho
01-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Just to clarify, I did say that "... I wouldn't be surprised if Canada ranked up there..." I did not reference worst meaning aggressive,fast or dangerous. My claim was almost identical to yours on Nova Scotia drivers : slow,overly scared ... and with the addition of cell phone use, eating, and trying to read a map or book while commuting.

I have not had the pleasure(?) of driving in any developing countries BUT I have been to Montreal !!! Which is home to the most ignorant, uncourteous drivers I have personally seen. I was in Nova Scotia this past summer, in the Annapolis valley I did venture into Halifax twice (great casino), but I found nothing unusual with the driving there, but I deal with Toronto traffic on an almost daily basis... don't get me wrong I'm not one of them ..... they would have created this post on their laptop at 130 km/h !!! :D

sorry for the misunderstanding.

and yes, that casino is awesome !!! they owe me something like $500 so far !!

NoOne
01-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Not a problem :) , I sometimes ramble on a bit which makes my main point a little hard to identify.

The Tuner
01-17-2004, 09:57 AM
i totally agree wit misho tht drivin in the east is probably worse than that in the west....
for those of u who've been to dubai, uae (henk, u been here yet? :D ) u'll kno wat i mean. drivin here is like that in kuwait....CRAZY! the roads here are really nice tho, so u nvr have problems wit potholes n stuff....BUT, the drivers more than make up for that...u have idiots zippin along at 180 or 190 on a 120 road, and on tht same road u have idiots ploddin along at 60! the best part is, the guy goin at 60 is usually on the fast lane, and the 180 dude is overtaking on the slowest lane or on the shoulder and comin bak into the fast lane by swichin four lanes in one go!
but the cake prob goes to iran. its understandable to drive fast or crazily wen u have a car wit airbags n stuf. in iran, and syria for tht matter, u have like 20 - 30 yr old cars drivin, not fast, but crazy! ive seen 5 cars parallel to each other at a traffic lite, and there were only 3 lanes!!!! :D

henk4
01-18-2004, 02:14 AM
i totally agree wit misho tht drivin in the east is probably worse than that in the west....
for those of u who've been to dubai, uae (henk, u been here yet? :D ) u'll kno wat i mean. drivin here is like that in kuwait....CRAZY! the roads here are really nice tho, so u nvr have problems wit potholes n stuff....BUT, the drivers more than make up for that...u have idiots zippin along at 180 or 190 on a 120 road, and on tht same road u have idiots ploddin along at 60! the best part is, the guy goin at 60 is usually on the fast lane, and the 180 dude is overtaking on the slowest lane or on the shoulder and comin bak into the fast lane by swichin four lanes in one go!
but the cake prob goes to iran. its understandable to drive fast or crazily wen u have a car wit airbags n stuf. in iran, and syria for tht matter, u have like 20 - 30 yr old cars drivin, not fast, but crazy! ive seen 5 cars parallel to each other at a traffic lite, and there were only 3 lanes!!!! :D

Haven't been to Dubai, but what you describe about Iran and Syria perfectly matches my experience in Cairo. These people will just use every space available. Another for the brave is the city of Naples in Italy. It's not only the cars there but also the small motorcycles that will take away the smallest amount of space left.

Audi_RS4
01-18-2004, 09:06 AM
Why legendary?? the autobahn is real. You can drive on it, cry on it and die on it.lol
Last year me and my buddies were in Italia for a long trip (Manchester to Naples) the trip was very long. We were 4 in the Audi and 2 of my buddies were in a Audi RS4 grey with black leather. 300+466hp = 766hp. The RS4 was modified. When we have reached the german territory, damn it was very very fast. The RS4 can reached 302km/h and my S3 275km/h with my 300hp. 5 hours of fun and adrenaline. I didn't manage to reach 275 km/h but my topspeed was 260km/h my friend with the RS4 reached 300km/h. We were racing a BMW M5 hamman. We were switching lanes, overtaking big trucks and slow cars. Very fast and dangerous. The legendary autobahn is a real fun. and 5 hours later we finally reached the border of the Switzerland. The man in the M5 told me "be careful boys, in Switzerland the Police can confiscate your ride if they catch you at 130km/h or more". Damn we were very scared. It was our first time in this sweet country, the Switzerland. So we left Basel for Nyon in the south of Switzerland. 3 hours of road. And no fun. when we were crossing Bern, my buddy in the RS4 decided to race a 911 GT2 certainly modified cause the exhaust system was making a big noise like the thunder. I decided to follow this fool. When we were at the border of Fribourg in the middel of the country, a Black BMW M5 has chased the GT2 and the RS4. They were at 220+ km/h. In didn't see the scene but my buddies in the RS4 told me that the M5 has overtaked them and when it was in front of the GT2, they swithed the flashing light on. Yes it was 2 ****ing policemen in a BMW M5 :D . The bill was hard, 1200£ and the prohibition to drive in Switzerland for 2 years. The GT2 driver was an old man around 65 years old. they revoked his driving license cause his car was recorded in Switzerland. So after this bad aventure we finally reach Naples 8 hours later. We were tired and the engines too. And when we returned in UK 5 days later, we decided to cross the France cause the Switzerland was prohibited. But in France it was the fun, there are no policemen in the "autoroute" the speed limit is 130km/h but WHO CARES?? :cool: When we reached Paris, it was hell. 4 lanes on the highway are the cars are overtaking from everywhere. A real jungle but a real fun too. This summer I plan to do a similar trip but from Manchester to Barcelona. 5 cars my Adi, the RS4, a BMW M3, a Seat Crdoba and a VW Golf 4 GTi. We will have a lot of fun.

white devil
01-18-2004, 09:18 AM
This summer I plan to do a similar trip but from Manchester to Barcelona. 5 cars my Adi, the RS4, a BMW M3, a Seat Crdoba and a VW Golf 4 GTi. We will have a lot of fun.
do you have a place for me :p but i would like to go with the M3 :D

Audi_RS4
01-18-2004, 02:33 PM
do you have a place for me :p but i would like to go with the M3 :D

We are looking for participants

henk4
01-18-2004, 02:34 PM
We are looking for participants

count me out :D

mechanixfetch
01-18-2004, 04:46 PM
It really is a shame that I live 5000 miles and an Ocean away or I'd be there in a second but alas that is the luck we have.

Swissbeatz
01-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Why legendary?? the autobahn is real. You can drive on it, cry on it and die on it.lol
Last year me and my buddies were in Italia for a long trip (Manchester to Naples) the trip was very long. We were 4 in the Audi and 2 of my buddies were in a Audi RS4 grey with black leather. 300+466hp = 766hp. The RS4 was modified. When we have reached the german territory, damn it was very very fast. The RS4 can reached 302km/h and my S3 275km/h with my 300hp. 5 hours of fun and adrenaline. I didn't manage to reach 275 km/h but my topspeed was 260km/h my friend with the RS4 reached 300km/h. We were racing a BMW M5 hamman. We were switching lanes, overtaking big trucks and slow cars. Very fast and dangerous. The legendary autobahn is a real fun. and 5 hours later we finally reached the border of the Switzerland. The man in the M5 told me "be careful boys, in Switzerland the Police can confiscate your ride if they catch you at 130km/h or more". Damn we were very scared. It was our first time in this sweet country, the Switzerland. So we left Basel for Nyon in the south of Switzerland. 3 hours of road. And no fun. when we were crossing Bern, my buddy in the RS4 decided to race a 911 GT2 certainly modified cause the exhaust system was making a big noise like the thunder. I decided to follow this fool. When we were at the border of Fribourg in the middel of the country, a Black BMW M5 has chased the GT2 and the RS4. They were at 220+ km/h. In didn't see the scene but my buddies in the RS4 told me that the M5 has overtaked them and when it was in front of the GT2, they swithed the flashing light on. Yes it was 2 ****ing policemen in a BMW M5 :D . The bill was hard, 1200£ and the prohibition to drive in Switzerland for 2 years. The GT2 driver was an old man around 65 years old. they revoked his driving license cause his car was recorded in Switzerland. So after this bad aventure we finally reach Naples 8 hours later. We were tired and the engines too. And when we returned in UK 5 days later, we decided to cross the France cause the Switzerland was prohibited. But in France it was the fun, there are no policemen in the "autoroute" the speed limit is 130km/h but WHO CARES?? :cool: When we reached Paris, it was hell. 4 lanes on the highway are the cars are overtaking from everywhere. A real jungle but a real fun too. This summer I plan to do a similar trip but from Manchester to Barcelona. 5 cars my Adi, the RS4, a BMW M3, a Seat Crdoba and a VW Golf 4 GTi. We will have a lot of fun.

Damn, it's fast your trip. Yeah Fribourg is my city. Policemen are nervous here. I will participate to your next trip if you have places. I will certainly bring a Ferrari 575M and a Porsche 911 carrera 4. But I will join you at Paris cause Manchester is a little bit to far for us. Is it a race or just a rally?? Cause I want to race your friend's RS4 with a Ferrari 575M who has 560hp. Can you handle that? It's fast.