PDA

View Full Version : F1 News round-up

Coventrysucks
03-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Busy week...

Concerns are being raised in the Sauber camp as they suddenly realise that they have actually signed ex F1 personality Jaques Villeneuve for an entire season.

Most of the team had assumed that it had been a clever ruse, and the talentless waster had been brought in for the first race allowing the other teams to dismiss Sauber as points contenders, before bringing out an actual race driver for the rest of the season.

Sauber have desperately started a search for someone who isn't crap, and have followed William's lead by attempting to sign someone already firmly tied down to another team, namely BAR's Anthony Davidson.

Unsporting Italians Ferrari have found some more rules to break. Whilst every other team set themselves up for the Malaysian GP, Ferrari decided they'd do some testing of their new car, since their old one is a bit pap. This breaks the long-standing, voulentary Suzuka Agreement, where teams agreed to not do more than a 50km shakedown on the week of a race.

Meanwhile in the run-up to the Malasian race German ramming machine Michael Schumacher has been voted at fault 19 to 1 for the incident with Nick Heidfeld at Melbourne, where the hapless German F1 driver was punted off by the hapless German F1 driver.

During his never-ending career Schumacher has sent many opponents flying off track in his quest for glory. Everyone still seems to think that he's the greatest though...

Burger-munching Columbian Juan Pablo Montoya has proven himself to be a perfect replacement for McDonald's... err McLaren's ex Mr Average - David Coulthard.
After an incredibly humdrum and un-eventful Australian GP he managed an utterly mediocre 7th place in first qualifying at Sepang.

In between whinging about things the South American was heard to mutter something about 2005 being "his" season.

And finally, news sure to depress any person relying on ITV to provide their GP coverage, tedious bore James Allen still hasn't been sacked.

:rolleyes:

dimlight
03-19-2005, 08:32 PM
And Renault?
:confused:

GT2addic
03-19-2005, 08:54 PM
second qualifying statistics,

F. Alonso - 3.07.672
J. Trulli - 3.07.925
G. Fisichella - 3.08.448
M. Webber - 3.08.904
R. Schumacher - 3.09.007
K. Raikonnen - 3.09.483
C. Klien - 3.09.589
D. Coulthard - 3.09.700
J. Button - 3.09.832
N. Heidfeld - 3.09.917
JP. Montoya - 3.10.090
R. Barrichello - 3.11.502
M. Schumacher - 3.11.633
F. Massa - 3.11.884
A. Davidson - 3.11.890
J. Villenueve - 3.12.995
N. Kartikeyan - 3.17.656
T. Monteiro - 3.17.962
P. Friesacher - 3.21.186
C. Albers - 3.23.001

Congrats to the Renalut drivers!

r1ckst4
03-19-2005, 09:30 PM
very good result from renault... it looks like it's going to be renault's year this year.

Spastik_Roach
03-19-2005, 10:35 PM
Classic to the point reporting from Coventry. What all the journalists want to say but can't.

Anyone noticed how F1 is becoming more and more like a Soap Opera?

Coventrysucks
03-20-2005, 06:09 AM
second qualifying statistics,
11 - JP. Montoya - 3.10.090
16 -J. Villenueve - 3.12.995

Proving my point entirely.

Villeneuve only doing enought to keep ahead of the Jordans and Minardis.

How utterly pathetic.

lukeh
03-21-2005, 02:27 AM
Mark Webber's crash. So dissopointed

fpv_gtho
03-21-2005, 03:43 AM
check this out lukehow: http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=32350

Matra et Alpine
03-21-2005, 04:16 AM
I tihnk it showed Webber's lack of experience :(

he had 3 options on that corner.
(1) Tussle it out with Fisi and end up out
(2) As Fisi slid out, move OUT to the outside of the corner and avodi the contact, return to the race intact
(3) As Fisi came up his inside, stay out, brake harder and as Fizi slides out move up his inside and continue the race.

Showed his inexperience in his choice :(

Brundle pointed out option (3) durign the commentary

Coventrysucks
03-21-2005, 04:24 AM
Mark Webber: "But if I wasn’t there he’d have lost the car anyway. His car was finished"

So if he knew Fisichella was going straight on, why the hell did he try to go round the outside, straight into Fisichella's path?

Webber is to blame for the collision - he put his car in a position where he "knew" another car was going to end up.

If he knew Fisichella was going to slide off why not:
- Go up the inside?
- Wait for him to go off/ run wide and overtake easily?
- Out drag him on the pit straight - he'd get a much better launch out of the corner?

This is a stupid decision by the stewards.

henk4
03-21-2005, 04:25 AM
I neither saw any footage of the first race nor of the second. I have a feeling that I haven't missed much sofar

Matra et Alpine
03-21-2005, 04:29 AM
This is a stupid decision by the stewards.
Who's got more clout ?

BMW/Williams/HP
or
Renault

ME ? Cynical ?? NEVER :)

lukeh
03-21-2005, 07:06 AM

(2) As Fisi slid out, move OUT to the outside of the corner and avodi the contact, return to the race intact
(3) As Fisi came up his inside, stay out, brake harder and as Fizi slides out move up his inside and continue the race.

Yes I think there was another situation on the same corner with Raikonen and Massa and Raikonen Braked alot harder and Massa locked up and Raikonen moved up a place. am I correct.

fpv_gtho
03-21-2005, 11:18 PM

Do you really think though with the lap that lead up to the collision any driver would be prepared to sit and wait for the opportunity to open up itself, with 2 other cars up their arse?

SlickHolden
03-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Come on 22 laps to go 2 sec's per lap faster it was inevitable that Webber was going to blast past Fisichella. Was it pride racing or stupidity that made him challenge a faster driver and car on that corner after being past?
He was having enough trouble with his car all week thinking it was going to let go a engine.