View Full Version : Incredible I have wrecked my Benz yesterday

Brabus
01-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Take a look at my little baby, I have wrecked it yesterday. :mad:

white devil
01-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Take a look at my little baby, I have wrecked it yesterday. :mad:

the most important thing is if you r ok and all the rest could be solved :p
poor MB take more car of it next time ;)

eyebrows
01-09-2004, 09:06 PM
R u stupid its not ok look what he did to his car!!! that in its self isn't ok. Then his pocket is never gonna be the same again, dam :rolleyes: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
so that mistake is gonna coast u a lot...

Swissbeatz
01-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Damn it!!! How did you do that? I hope you have a good insurance. I hope you are ok. But I think you are cause you have posted these pictures. Wow you are a lucky guy you know that?

Brabus
01-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Damn it!!! How did you do that? I hope you have a good insurance. I hope you are ok. But I think you are cause you have posted these pictures. Wow you are a lucky guy you know that?

This is what happen when you use your mobile phone while you are driving. I was using my telephone on the highway. My speed was around 150-160km/h.
The car just in front of me has braked. I tried to change lane but it was to late, PAF the little Opel Corsa has been projected. Thanks God, the driver was alone in his car and he is ok. My insurance will pay for his car and will reimburse my car but I think I must wait 4 months for that. The Police has revoked my driving license for 6 months. :rolleyes:

Batmobile_Turbo
01-09-2004, 11:48 PM
This is what happen when you use your mobile phone while you are driving. I was using my telephone on the highway. My speed was around 150-160km/h.
The car just in front of me has braked. I tried to change lane but it was to late, PAF the little Opel Corsa has been projected. Thanks God, the driver was alone in his car and he is ok. My insurance will pay for his car and will reimburse my car but I think I must wait 4 months for that. The Police has revoked my driving license for 6 months. :rolleyes:
that's gotta suck a lot, i feel bad for you though, nice car. you should get a hands free phone for your car.

NoOne
01-10-2004, 08:08 AM

I truly wish I could sympathize, but I can't.

When I read your post, I don't think about your awesome car being trashed - all I see is the car you hit potentially having a young family in it, maybe the guy's wife and a couple of kids. I believe you were extremely lucky in that this was not the case and no one was hurt.

You may be a great driver most days, this was not most days, this day you drove too fast didn't have your mind on what you were doing, you were careless.

I'm glad no one was hurt, including yourself, I hope this post serves as a reminder to you and everyone in the forums that we are not always the drivers we imagine ourselves to be, especially our younger members who lack experience to make better judgements in any situation.

Please forgive me if I seem a bit harsh, I lost a good friend in an accident similar to this a few years ago ... I still see his wife trying to cope and raise their daughter alone, as she is still a friend of my wife.

God Bless
- Dave

Boxster17
01-10-2004, 08:26 AM
I feel bad that that happened to you, but I've never understood why people talk on the phone while cruising on the highways...especially the Autobahn where most tend to take things a bit faster. If I were you I would get hands free or something like that, because if you had paid a small amount for some hands free thing, maybe this could've been avoided. Good to hear everyone was okay though...

baddabang
01-10-2004, 08:31 AM
whats 150-160km/h. in mph?
anyways no licence and no car that sucks man :(

NoOne
01-10-2004, 10:12 AM
whats 150-160km/h. in mph?
anyways no licence and no car that sucks man :(

95-100 MPH.

Batmobile_Turbo
01-10-2004, 12:01 PM
95-100 MPH.
it is a good thing that MBs are solid.

NoOne
01-10-2004, 12:06 PM
it is a good thing that MBs are solid.

But what of the car he hit? ...Maybe the world would be safer if we all drove M-B's and Volvos? Then we could shun all responsibility and throw common-sense out the window?

I see it, but I'm sorry I disagree with your point.

BTW: No rep. points added or subtracted. :)

mechanixfetch
01-10-2004, 12:16 PM
At least you wern't drinking. I had a friend who did that and I had to give him a bloody good reaming out, a drunk killed my great aunt. But NoOne is right you really need to concerntrate on the road when driving. Even with the stereo on if a good song comes on I find myself losing concerntration on the road and wandering a bit and that is with 2 hands on the wheel and i don't have to think about replies. Though Luck about the MB but you had it coming. If you roll the dice be prepared to lose.

Batmobile_Turbo
01-10-2004, 12:35 PM
But what of the car he hit? ...Maybe the world would be safer if we all drove M-B's and Volvos? Then we could shun all responsibility and throw common-sense out the window?

BTW: No rep. points added or subtracted. :)
well i also suggested that he get a hands free phone for his car so that he can concentrate on the road. i didn't mean that to be taken in the wrong way.

Swissbeatz
01-10-2004, 01:25 PM
We must drive more carefully. Last week I have smashed my brand new Porsche in a parking lot. Oh it was dangerous, but the parking was empty and in fact I was testing my handbrake with 5 of my friends. It was very cool but I have lost the control of the car and I have smashed the front bumper. The bill was salty 2000 chf around 2005$CAD

I know that it's not a true accident like yours, if the bumper wasn't smashed I would certainly do the same thing on an open road and it would have been more dangerous.
The car is not a toy. That's my last word.

Alcomet
01-10-2004, 01:48 PM

We all should take some kind of lesson with the fact that accidents happen and missfortune of other could be ours...... I am sorry that you were involved in an accident but you should have been taking more care with your driving!!! not with the mobile!!!

Anyway... Im glad that every one got away unharmed...... but... I couldn't agree more with NoOne.... when I think of you in your great MB (with all the good things of it) hitting a little car like a Corsa..... well I got goose pumps all over... we are never as good as we think we are... Im sorry for the fact that some of us find it out in the street with other drivers on the mix ....

4re308
01-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Oh man, I am sorry to see that! It looks like the car took the crash well. The 600SEL is a fantastic car and I hope you get another one!

DiabloGTR
01-31-2004, 01:48 AM
I'm glad you're alright, but I can't say that I feel sorry for you.
You shouldn't be using a cellphone that requires atleast one hand in a car, you took it a step further, talking on a mobile phone while doing those kinds of speeds. What the hell is wrong with you?
Either get a damn hands free phone like Batmobile said, or don't use a damn phone while driving.

crisis
02-03-2004, 04:50 PM
No one likes to see anyone involved in an accident. This however is an example if irresponsible stupidity. Motoring magazines here in Australia constantly carp on how speed alone is not dangerous and how our speed limits are too low. (110kmh max). While I would concur in some cases on certain roads, the real problem is peoples negligence and selfishness. We could probably all drive at 160kmh on certain roads but with that comes the unassailable responsibilty of concentrating for the welfare of yourself and others. To have an accident at 50-60kmh while on a mobile is dangerous enough but driving at the speed Brabus was means he should have total concentration on driving. My comments may be harsh but I beleive fair. If Brabus is a reasonable person Im sure he would agree.

Brabus
02-03-2004, 09:11 PM
No one likes to see anyone involved in an accident. This however is an example if irresponsible stupidity. Motoring magazines here in Australia constantly carp on how speed alone is not dangerous and how our speed limits are too low. (110kmh max). While I would concur in some cases on certain roads, the real problem is peoples negligence and selfishness. We could probably all drive at 160kmh on certain roads but with that comes the unassailable responsibilty of concentrating for the welfare of yourself and others. To have an accident at 50-60kmh while on a mobile is dangerous enough but driving at the speed Brabus was means he should have total concentration on driving. My comments may be harsh but I beleive fair. If Brabus is a reasonable person Im sure he would agree.

I agree with your point of view

crisis
02-03-2004, 11:05 PM
I agree with your point of view
I thought you probably would. No offence intended. Hope it all works out.

fpv_gtho
02-04-2004, 03:52 AM
im gunna have to agree with both NoOne and crisis here. for the life of me though i dont see why you were sustaining speeds of 160km/h whilst also talking on a phone?? in any state or the ACT here either of those act's would be against the law and bring fairly sever penalties.

alot of people have been saying get a hands free phone, but realistically your still not focused on the road with one. when you think about it, all the kit does is free up one of your hands. alot of people on the roads probably drive one handed anyway as it is so its not really decreasing much of a potential risk, well thats just how i see it anyway

deffenbaugh03
05-31-2004, 05:42 PM
I hope this post serves as a reminder to you and everyone in the forums that we are not always the drivers we imagine ourselves to be

I read in a car magazine that 9 out of every 10 people consider themsleves to be an above average driver.

DodgeNitroBIRM
05-31-2004, 07:49 PM
This is why I think cell phones in cars should be banned. More than once I came close to being hit or run off the road by someone talking into the damn thing. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt, but I DO hope you and anyone else reading this learns their lesson.

foto_choppa
06-01-2004, 02:05 AM
oooo bugger thank god u got insurance :D

NoOne
06-02-2004, 07:43 AM
I don't think banning cellphones is enough, as people will still use them. I think someone ( no relation ;) ) should invent a device (a signal blocker or something) that would prevent the phones from working in cars.

Then again, cellphones are only one type of distraction that causes accidents, I have watched people leaf through a magazine, look at a map (sprawled over the steering wheel .. I kid you not), tuning in a radio station, bright sunlight in the early morning or evening glaring through the windshield ( why can't they automatically tint, I have a welding mask that does that, can't the same technology be expanded to cars? or has RR,Bentley or M-B already have it?) and one of the biggest is loud kids (I have 3 .. please ban kids in cars ... :D )

fpv_gtho
06-02-2004, 05:24 PM
why can't they automatically tint, I have a welding mask that does that, can't the same technology be expanded to cars? or has RR,Bentley or M-B already have it?

they've also got sunglasses that automatically tint as well. In the eyes of safety, im surprised it hasnt been Volvo to demonstrate such a thing

DodgeNitroBIRM
06-02-2004, 05:33 PM
I don't think banning cellphones is enough, as people will still use them. I think someone ( no relation ;) ) should invent a device (a signal blocker or something) that would prevent the phones from working in cars.

That could be done, heheh. I'll have to ask my teachers how to do it, but I don't think it would be hard. :D ;)

Matra et Alpine
06-02-2004, 05:35 PM
they've also got sunglasses that automatically tint as well. In the eyes of safety, im surprised it hasnt been Volvo to demonstrate such a thing
Well in the UK, in the interest of safety a front windscreen cannot have a tint which blocks more than 10% of light.
The other windos are something like 25% I think.

Going in to a tunnel of trees with a tinted front windscreen is NOT a good idea :(

The idea of a fast changing tint like in a welding mask would be interesting but hopefully NOT to block quite so much light :)

The rule on windscreens also covers motrobiek visors. If you carry a dark visor for daylight use you MUST change it over to a 'standard' visor if asked to do so by an officer and you CAN be charged if you don't carry a clear visor !! Trying to poitn out that a dark visor in brilliant sunshine is a LOT safer than the alternative of being blinded by the sun doens't work over here :(

Matra et Alpine
06-02-2004, 05:36 PM
That could be done, heheh. I'll have to ask my teachers how to do it, but I don't think it would be hard. :D ;)
Real easy, but as it involved transmitting a signal then it would come under the law requiring a radio license :)

The simple coating of the windows with a conducting mediaum would be sufficient to make the car a faraday cage and prevent all transimssiosn from entering or leaving the vehicle. ... until you open a window :)

crisis
06-02-2004, 06:29 PM

Then again, cellphones are only one type of distraction that causes accidents, I have watched people leaf through a magazine, look at a map (sprawled over the steering wheel .. I kid you not), tuning in a radio station, bright sunlight in the early morning or evening glaring through the windshield ( why can't they automatically tint, I have a welding mask that does that, can't the same technology be expanded to cars? or has RR,Bentley or M-B already have it?) and one of the biggest is loud kids (I have 3 .. please ban kids in cars ... :D )
I may have related this story but I once saw a woman playing the harmonica. I tried to sing along but I didnt know the words.