PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac Cien Concept in "The Island" movie

<AAA-MOD>
03-23-2005, 02:44 PM
just saw the teaser and trailer to the new movie "The Island". The teaser clearly shows the Cien in a couple scenes

Teaser: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/the_island/international/
Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/the_island/

UCR
03-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Oooh, looks a bit too complicated for me.

Only messin :D

dydzi
03-23-2005, 03:04 PM
what do i have to do to rent a cien for couple of days? :D

Sweeney921
03-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Even after both videos I have no idea what the conflict of the movie is :rolleyes: . Goes to show how much thought is being put into the plots of movies these days

However, that car is hot.

ScionDriver
03-23-2005, 04:10 PM
Why would GM lend a prototype car to a production studio? They would have have had several dozen lying around and willing to be sacrificed. I know Audi and Lexus made cars for recent films but that is kind of different, the Cien was a concept like 2 or 3 years ago how is it that now its used in a movie as opposed to then?

kko
03-23-2005, 04:21 PM
This movie could have started filming years ago, or they made the deals years ago.

Wolf03
03-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Are you sure that's the Cien? I mean you can't clearly see it in the trailer. There are only two shots, one with a car with both doors open and one where it's from the side on a highway, maybe. I'm not 100% sure that's a Cien.

The movie is about an island where real human are kept in those chamber and clones are released into the real world. So I guess, a few real humans escape and put a stop to the island. That's what I understood from the teaser.

<AAA-MOD>
03-23-2005, 06:02 PM
Are you sure that's the Cien? I mean you can't clearly see it in the trailer. There are only two shots, one with a car with both doors open and one where it's from the side on a highway, maybe. I'm not 100% sure that's a Cien.

The movie is about an island where real human are kept in those chamber and clones are released into the real world. So I guess, a few real humans escape and put a stop to the island. That's what I understood from the teaser.

if you watch the Teaser and pause it when you see the car in what looks like a dim dusty room with ruins in the background. i analyzed it pretty close before i posted this. the large side vent just behind the driver door is clear, and the rear license plate section is definite. the rear underside diffuser is visible as well. i'm sure it's the Cien, but as usual for movies, they'll make a few to use for driving, static, damage, etc. it may not be the actual first concept that was premiered.

Rockefella
03-23-2005, 06:04 PM
if you watch the Teaser and pause it when you see the car in what looks like a dim dusty room with ruins in the background. i analyzed it pretty close before i posted this. the large side vent just behind the driver door is clear, and the rear license plate section is definite. the rear underside diffuser is visible as well. i'm sure it's the Cien, but as usual for movies, they'll make a few to use for driving, static, damage, etc. it may not be the actual first concept that was premiered.
Yep, definately a Cien. I checked it out as well. :)

Spastik_Roach
03-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Cadillac are probably doing this as poart of there plan to reintroduce them to more Youthful buyers.

<AAA-MOD>
03-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Cadillac are probably doing this as poart of there plan to reintroduce them to more Youthful buyers.

the only way that would ever work is if it had a big Cadillac logo on the side. Otherwise, if they don't show a close-up of the badge, or mention the name, most people won't have a clue that it IS a Cadillac.

Gt1Street
03-24-2005, 10:09 AM
who cares ?
looks like a good movie though :)

johnnyperl
03-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Even after both videos I have no idea what the conflict of the movie is :rolleyes: . Goes to show how much thought is being put into the plots of movies these days

However, that car is hot.

looks like a ripoff of the matrix

werty
07-13-2005, 06:13 PM
We'll only a few more days until" The island" comes out, i am looking forward to seeing the case sceen including the Cien

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/041/041226/vids_1.html

TheOne
07-13-2005, 06:39 PM
it is a cien(sort of), i saw the "first look: the island" on hbo and they said they made some deal with GM about gettin a cien, tho i think thats a replica cause they said it didn't have the same engine than the prototype.

GT F1
07-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Times like these make me glad I have Gran Turismo 4. (By the way, the Cien is my favorite car in gt4)

90ft
07-14-2005, 12:19 AM
It is the Cien and it was the real prototype. The only one that was built.
And it went through hell fo the filming. Which was shot last year, not years ago. The rear shocks were bent when the rear structure fractured on one side and the car caught fire at one point.
In fact the car - being a prototype - was fairly high maintenance for the crew.
Sorry I correct myself they finished filming it by March this year.
Most car companies will benf over backwards to have their cars used in films.
So the film companies don't have to do much.

Prius
07-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I saw a few that wer eblack in the trailer, dudes, they showed many in the same scene, I think they are repliucas, you know, like took a Mid Engined car and put a reproduced Cien body on top, that will also explain why the wheels on the pictures werty posted were not the Wheels Cadillac put on but custom wheels.

Does it make sense?

johnnyperl
07-14-2005, 06:51 PM
I saw a few that wer eblack in the trailer, dudes, they showed many in the same scene, I think they are repliucas, you know, like took a Mid Engined car and put a reproduced Cien body on top, that will also explain why the wheels on the pictures werty posted were not the Wheels Cadillac put on but custom wheels.

Does it make sense?

yeah its done all the time. the New cobra concept done by ford recently was in XXX. they had a show about the car and showed how they made special crappy versions (something like a focus chassis with the cobra body) with that were for driving, jumping, and of course, blowing up.

i STRONGLY doubt they had only one car for the Island. what if they had wrecked it on the first day of filming the chase? they must have done a similar thing as described above. plus the concepts (the ones for the shows) are usually worth at leat in the 8-digit range.

Prius
07-14-2005, 07:09 PM
yeah, and if Cadillac saw what they wer planning to do with it, they would never lend them the real Cien.

90ft
07-15-2005, 01:29 AM
i STRONGLY doubt they had only one car for the Island. what if they had wrecked it on the first day of filming the chase? they must have done a similar thing as described above. plus the concepts (the ones for the shows) are usually worth at leat in the 8-digit range.

I know for a FACT that the car used int he chase scenes was the one ond only real GM built concept. There was a representative from GM with the car at all times to make sure they didn't blow it up or crash it.
And show cars do not cost 8 digits. 4 or 5 million maybe but never 10.

johnnyperl
07-15-2005, 02:07 AM
I know for a FACT that the car used int he chase scenes was the one ond only real GM built concept. There was a representative from GM with the car at all times to make sure they didn't blow it up or crash it.
And show cars do not cost 8 digits. 4 or 5 million maybe but never 10.
oh, so then you must have seen a "making of.." show? or something like it.
a chase scene where the car isnt scratched? wheres the fun in that? :D

i put "show cars" in my post to say i wasnt talking about the ones built for the movies. youre right that many/most dont cost that much, but if a car is actually able to perform like the cien with a engine+drivetrain+chassis specific to that model it can cost over 10mil. i dont remember which car i specifically heard that about, but i have somewhere. sorry about not being clear.