PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Luego
03-26-2005, 01:25 AM
Well, i have always wanted my user name to be Luego (since i own one now), but it couldn't be changed. So i have created a new profile. Mods, please don't delete Suka, i can use the User CP to access my attachments, most of which i have lost from my PC when i had to formatt the hard drive. I also thought while i was in process of changing to Luego that i would share the latest photo of my car, unfortunatly they where taken using my phone so the quality isn't the greatest.

Edit: Happy now Matra??? You've got your update!! Spent all Good Friday working on it!

Misho
03-26-2005, 01:35 AM
i thought it was possible to change a username.

Luego
03-26-2005, 01:37 AM
i thought it was possible to change a username.
It is, i asked the Mods if they would for me but they wouldn't.

drakkie
03-26-2005, 01:41 AM
they only do it in a rarely..

fpv_gtho
03-26-2005, 01:41 AM
pretty nice project you got going in there, what engine are you planning to put in there?

Misho
03-26-2005, 02:01 AM
It is, i asked the Mods if they would for me but they wouldn't.

until they post a reasonable explanation and some clear guidelines on the topic, i would call that unfair.

Luego
03-26-2005, 03:07 AM
until they post a reasonable explanation and some clear guidelines on the topic, i would call that unfair.
Lol, you would think so wouldn't you. I am putting a Ford Kent Crossflow 1.1 out of a Fiesta in it, for insurance reasons.

my porsche
03-26-2005, 07:37 AM
so they wont change your name to a car you won but they will change spaz's to a llama? :confused:

Luego
03-26-2005, 07:53 AM
so they wont change your name to a car you won but they will change spaz's to a llama? :confused:
Thats what i thought but hey, i don't know.

Misho
03-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Is there any mod thats going to post something here ?!

shr0olvl
03-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Spaz has a paid subscription. When you have a paid subscription you can change your name.

Misho
03-26-2005, 08:53 AM
thats why i am asking for clear guidelines to be publicly announced. username changes have been also done before the "supporting member" thing started.

d-quik
03-26-2005, 09:08 AM
thats why i am asking for clear guidelines to be publicly announced. username changes have been also done before the "supporting member" thing started.UCP isnt a bloody country or anything, keep it casual please :D

my porsche
03-26-2005, 09:10 AM
you need an act of UCP congress to change your username, please fill out forms 117-54A numbers 1-750 and deposit them at the mailbox on your way out.

Matra et Alpine
03-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Misho, you gotta learn THIS is not a democracy !!!!

Changing names is a hassle.
IF it's permitted then everyone asks for it.
Hell just LOOK at that avatar resize thread ! Folks keep coming back for news ones every month :(

Changing names can also be abused to hide from past indiscretions.

So, NO, it is NOT supported but MAY be considered on a case-by-case basis but ONLY in extreme circumstances.

EDIT: AND within 30 seconds of posting this I receive a PM asking for a name change :(

The first answer will always be NO, so anyone else thinking of asking, then NO.

Take changing names to match car. So in a years time when you change the car you ask for a name change. NOW think how many times UCPers change cars and imagine THEN that Wouter woudl spend 24/7 chaniging names instead of getting us some great pics and writ-ups.

SO, the asnwer will always be NO. except in *EXTREME* CIrcumstances.

SO that in reality means NO NO THRICE NO :)

my porsche
03-26-2005, 09:11 AM
oh yeah by the way, nice luego, is a luego a brand of 7 replica?

Misho
03-26-2005, 09:25 AM
i never said that everyone deserves a username change. i am just against saying that no one will get it unless its an "extreme" condition !! what would be a good example of "extreme" condition ? just post the guidelines (regardless what they actually are) in a clear, accessible form and then u can just direct anyone asking for a name change to the guidelines page.

P3RG4R3C
03-26-2005, 09:30 AM
When Spastik's name was changed, was there an extreme need for it?

Mustang
03-26-2005, 10:39 AM
yeah i must admit that mine and alpaca's were extreme cases :p

i can uinderstand what matra is saying with it :)

Nice car, looking good so far mate:)

forza_autodelta
03-26-2005, 12:18 PM
it looks like a lotus seven :eek: , sorry for your username....

Luego
03-26-2005, 12:18 PM
yeah i must admit that mine and alpaca's were extreme cases :p

i can uinderstand what matra is saying with it :)

Nice car, looking good so far mate:)
Thanks, the bodywork isn't actually on yet it was only put on for show.

Suka
03-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Well i have decided that since Suka has a higher post count ( i really want to get to at least 1000!! I am sooo close!! lol) and a got repuation on the forum i am going to continue to use this profile, but i would still like to be Luego ( he says, trying to gain sympathy from a mod!).

Spastik_Roach
03-26-2005, 04:26 PM
I got my name changed for fun :p . I didn't even ask for it to be changed! :D

Egg Nog
03-26-2005, 04:45 PM
I would change it if I could (I looked into it), but unfortunately it can only be done by an administrator. :(

In my opinion, it's best not to.

If everyone kept changing their names, it would be a hassle to keep track of, and it would just get annoying. It would be like people who constantly change their MSN messenger names, except in this case, other UCPers wouldn't even be able to check who it is.

I like the name Suka better anyways.

carlover
03-26-2005, 06:18 PM
When Spastik's name was changed, was there an extreme need for it?
Spaz got it becuase wouter was bored and Spaz was spamming about Alpacas. Now that's what I call an "extreme" situation. :D

Counting the seconds before this post gets deleted...

Matra et Alpine
03-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Spaz got it becuase wouter was bored and Spaz was spamming about Alpacas. Now that's what I call an "extreme" situation. :D

Counting the seconds before this post gets deleted...
No chance a small example of the sense of humour of our illustrious leader :)

carlover
03-26-2005, 08:07 PM
No chance of a small example of the sense of humour of our illustrious leader :)
It was funny. ;)

carlover
03-28-2005, 04:46 PM
No chance a small example of the sense of humour of our illustrious leader :)
Your illustrious leader DEMANDS a Saleen S7. And don't send me one of those die-cast cars again! THAT WASN'T FUNNY! More S7, more humor. Deal? Deal. :D