PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Steering Wheel questions

:Exige:
03-31-2005, 07:22 AM
Im thinking of getting either the Driving Force Pro steering wheel or the Momo Force Steering wheel if they do it for PS2.

I was wondering, do both of them use motors inside the wheel until for force feedback? I think the Driving Force does but im not so sure about the Momo.

If anyone has either wheels please tell me what you think of them.

carlover
03-31-2005, 08:34 AM
I was going to buy the GT4 steering wheel but it would have cost me more then the whole PS2 I bought!! ;) So I don't know which wheel is best.

03-31-2005, 08:47 AM
Just found out the Momo one is PC only :(

03-31-2005, 09:12 AM
Can anyone tell me if the force feedback on the Logitech Driving Force Pro is the same as on the standard Driving Force (uses motors to pull the wheel to make it feel like its tugging when you turn)?

03-31-2005, 09:56 AM
I think ill get the Driving Force Pro anyway .. it works on PC too if you download a few drivers.

LTT
03-31-2005, 09:57 AM
The Logitech GT4 wheel does have force feedback, and from what I hear it's quite good. Conversly, I've heard the Momo wheel (PC only, I know) leaves much to be desired. I have a friend who works at an electronics store and he says many people have brought the momo wheel back due to poor quality/satisfaction.

Pimp racer
03-31-2005, 12:23 PM
Get the Driving Force Pro!
Differece between Drving Force and Driving Force Pro is
Driving Force: 270 or something degrees wheel turn.
Driving Force Pro: 900 degree wheel turn! HUGE difference there!

*EDIT*
BTW you can use the Driving Force Pro on the PC and PS2! Just download the driver from Logitec for the PC. :D

03-31-2005, 12:50 PM
*EDIT*
BTW you can use the Driving Force Pro on the PC and PS2! Just download the driver from Logitec for the PC. :D
Yeah .. I kinda metioned that a couple of posts up :D

I knew about the 900 degree thing .. im think im gonna get it. Getting it from Ebuyer but they havent had any in stock for a while .. just gotta hope for the best.

Edit : You can switch it to 300 degrees too

pimento
03-31-2005, 06:33 PM
It's a fantastic wheel, a friend of mine got it for GT4, got the game free with the wheel, it adds a whole new dimension to the game. Fantastic fun.