PDA

View Full Version : GT4 photo comp.?

carlover
04-03-2005, 11:26 AM
This was mentioned in another thread so... anyone want to have a GT4 photo comp.? We already have a real photo comp., but you can do some stuff with the camera in GT4 that you would never be able to do in real life. :)

I have to figure out if this would work or not, so first of all, how many people would be willing to take part in it? If there are only 3 people willing I'm obviously not going to do it. And if there's gonna be 500 people who want to participate, that's too much work for me. :p

Any suggestions for rules? All comments, suggestion, and questions are appreciated. I'm thinking something like:

Rules:

Picture must be taken in GT4.
Picture can be action or static, and can be on any track (or place) with any car.
Must be 800*600 or smaller.
Blah blah blah same as photo comp. blah blah blah.

That's all I have so far, maybe we could have a theme, like:

This week you have to take a picture of a japanese car racing around nurburgring.
or

This week you have to take a picture of a ford on the grand canyon.
or something like that. You get the idea. :) Any more suggestions?

Pinin
04-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Personally I don't think that themes would be a very good idea. It would be too much of the same thing.

Apart from that, I think this is a good idea.

When I buy a proper flash drive thingy, I will take part.

Quiggs
04-03-2005, 11:31 AM
I'd be in. :)

:Exige:
04-03-2005, 11:53 AM
Once I have the game .. yeah :D

CHEESE-TACULAR
04-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Once I have the game .. yeah :D
Ditto :)
EDIT: the idea of having rules for every weeks pictures is a good idea to keep them comprable

Rockefella
04-03-2005, 12:04 PM
I'm in. I agree with the themes idea, but... no so specific. Maybe like: rally cars, supercars, a specific car, black+white, etc.

carlover
04-03-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm in. I agree with the themes idea, but... no so specific. Maybe like: rally cars, supercars, a specific car, black+white, etc.
Or maybe even themes like: cars in the air, smoking tires, flaming exaushts?

CHEESE-TACULAR
04-03-2005, 12:08 PM
Or maybe even themes like: cars in the air, smoking tires, flaming exaushts?
that is seriously restricting entries

Rockefella
04-03-2005, 12:11 PM
that is seriously restricting entries
That's where skill/luck will be involved. I think having themes that hardcore would be a plus.

CHEESE-TACULAR
04-03-2005, 12:14 PM
That's where skill/luck will be involved. I think having themes that hardcore would be a plus.
well yeah, and im all for it, but if we have a restriction like "2 week old pics at most" there arent too many people who are going to watch the same replay 5 times to get the right pic rather than play the game

Cotterik
04-03-2005, 12:42 PM
yeah count me in

carlover
04-03-2005, 04:14 PM
well yeah, and im all for it, but if we have a restriction like "2 week old pics at most" there arent too many people who are going to watch the same replay 5 times to get the right pic rather than play the game
I doubht we'll have an cut off date, just go rallying and you can get some sweet jumps. :)

:Exige:
04-03-2005, 06:09 PM
My friend is one of those people who prefer taking pics of cars more than driving them in GT4 .. insane i know :D Hes printed loads of shots hes taken.

CHEESE-TACULAR
04-03-2005, 06:11 PM
i have some sick shots of my cousins 240ZG going around surfers paridise or Cote D' Azur or some course like that-if i could get those i would gladly post them on the comp

carlover
04-03-2005, 06:36 PM
My friend is one of those people who prefer taking pics of cars more than driving them in GT4 .. insane i know :D Hes printed loads of shots hes taken.
Well, it's a lot easier to take pictures in GT4 then in real life. You only take good photos instead of taking 500 and wading through all of them trying to decide which one's are good. Action shots are great since you have forever to chose the shutter speeds and you can always change the pciture's white balance, aperature, whatever if you don't like it. :D

CHEESE-TACULAR
04-03-2005, 06:58 PM
if we did have weekly regulations-would Acura and other such jap luxury companies be american?

Rockefella
04-03-2005, 07:14 PM
if we did have weekly regulations-would Acura and other such jap luxury companies be american?
Not sure, we could probably outline the rules.