PDA

View Full Version : The Authorized Mechanixfetch Where Did your Name Come From Thread

mechanixfetch
01-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Giving this thread A similar title gives my posts some nice continuety eh?
But onto the Thread, some users here have some rather interesting names "EggNog", "White Devil" "Ibrake4Rainbows" "lfb666" and "Crisis" to name a few, Where did they come from? Mine stems from the fact that I am taking mechanics for the first time and although I had a real intrest in cars before I started the class, I knew very little material of substance. EggNog our beloved moderator took me under his wing and began to teach me such useful things as what a torque wrench is and where to find it in the shop. Whilst working on his 914 I went and found the tools he needed as a way of orienting myself to the auto room. When i joined the boards on his advice all i could do in mechanics is find tools and grind, hence the name Mechanixfetch. How about all of you?

NoOne
01-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Great name, mine is pretty self-explanatory - not that I have low self-esteem, I just never let my ego bigger than what I can handle. Either that or its all I could think of at the time .... you decide :p

Batmobile_Turbo
01-10-2004, 04:25 PM
well origionally my name was going to be batmobile, because i like batman and i like automobiles, but when i was registering i accidentally clicked on the under 13 option so i put batmobile_turbo when i had to register again.

IBrake4Rainbows
01-10-2004, 10:48 PM
there was a game called Carmageddon a few years back, and if you look closely through the opening movei there is one of the characters bumper stickers which says "I Brake For Rainbows" (The game involve running over cows and people for cash, it was quite fun) oh, and the characters car was the one used in National Lampoons Vacation.

Egg Nog
01-11-2004, 12:15 AM
Well, I'm not exactly sure where my name came from, but I know it was created for the purpose of being completely original. I mean, have you ever seen someone else online somewhere using the handler "Egg Nog" ?

I like the drink itself, but it's not like I'm a huge fan of it :) I just didn't want to be another blatantly unoriginal user online named something like "COOLGUY27" or "cars_rule" ;)

Originality is key.

NoOne
01-11-2004, 04:07 AM
Originality is key, but I think I may have had a bit of fun with mine.
What's it like to see a msg that says "NoOne has replied to your post"? :D

Falcon500
01-11-2004, 06:36 AM
Well my nameis actuallyafter my car a 71 XY falcon 500 it is in fact the trim level which is more like a taxi pack it comes with the ugly plain flatblack vinyl door trims (scat pack interior as its been dubbed) rather then the nice fairmont interior which is wellsculpet and has some wood grain in it and it comes out with a benh seat and a colum shift auto as well as defineing falcon 500 badges (which screams im cheap when it was new) now the cars are desirable and get hotted up my plans exactly.
The only options my car came with was the borg warner 35 automatic gearbos rather then the three speedmanaul collum shift
The 250 cube 6 cylender rather then the 200
And here an odd one for a cheapyfromthe 70s desert gold (a metallic) paint rather then one of the plain colours.

baddabang
01-11-2004, 08:50 AM
i just used my aim screen name so i didnt have to remember a bunch of them. any ways i was gonna name if after this song i heard called "bang bang bang" but it sounded kinds retarded so i just put badda in front of it.

Homem de Gelo
01-11-2004, 09:08 AM
I just chose this username becuase it's the same one I have at sc.net, but I don't lke it that much. I'd like to change it to HBoss.

DasModell
01-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Kraftwerk -> Rammstein -> DasModell

white devil
01-11-2004, 10:28 AM
i was cold WHITE DEVIL from 3 years ago.....

i was playing Metal gear 2 and my couzin was beside me and we heard them saying white devil but we didint take it real ...Then i had lots of fight with people at school and i got expeled 3 times because of hiting people that were making fun of me and then the 4 time i got expled from the whole school..
when i went to an other school i was playing with the fier and then i burned the toilet somhow by acident :p ..I was expeled from the 2nd school....And then my couz started to call me WHITE DEVIL and now i am known in my country as white devil and i use it

Matra et Alpine
01-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Anyone who's seen my posts will know my onwership in cars.

My e-mail adds are Matracien and Alpiniste.
But this system wouldn't let me have the full names.

Alpine and Matra - the lost peaks of French sportscars :(

r34_296kw
01-12-2004, 02:32 AM
my dad used to own a r34 which was 296 kw so i decided to use dat as ma nick

fpv_gtho
01-20-2004, 08:01 PM
mines wishful thinking, FPV being the performance devision of Ford in Australia and GTHO being the nameplate for probably the most revered sports sedan in Australian motorsport history, peaking at the 1971 XY falcon GTHO Phase 3. it had a rumoured 270-290kw 351 Cleveland and good condition ones are worth more than $70,000 here. in '72 there was a planned Phase 4 version with 306kw, increased top speed from 140mph to 160mph and other race items for homologation purposes

lfb666
01-20-2004, 08:07 PM
My Full Name is: László de Faria Barsi = LFB + 666 = lfb666

white devil
01-20-2004, 08:15 PM
My Full Name is: László de Faria Barsi = LFB + 666 = lfb666
ohhhhhhhh ok i always wandered what the lfb666 was about

crisis
01-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Minds boring as in mid life. I would like personalised plates which say it because it is a bit ambiguous but Im too stingy to cough up the dough to the rego dept, those parasitic money suckers.

Touran
01-21-2004, 04:19 AM
Volkswagen --->>> Touran

The Tuner
01-21-2004, 07:31 AM
i have NO idea!
guess its jus sumthin id like to be known as, "he's 'The Tuner'"!
(wishful thinkin? :p :D )

ZerK
01-25-2004, 07:13 AM
Well I'm usually known as beZerk on other forums, so I shortened it to ZerK... simple :) Dunno where beZerk came from though :rolleyes:

elmajul
01-25-2004, 11:06 AM
well mine is elmajul because mi name ir Rafael Majul and it is a very uncommon name here in mexico so everyone calls me Majul, and when i was creating my e-mail account majul@hotmail... was already used, so i decided to use elmajul and thats why I use that name everywhere

Egg Nog
04-07-2004, 01:01 AM
*bump* Call this a justifiable thread revival :D

I was actually going to post a new thread for all of this stuff, but then I remembered this one from a while ago. At least it saves a few of us from having to post where our name came from again ;)

So, how about all you new guys? Where did your usernames come from?

Karrmann
04-07-2004, 04:37 AM
Mine came from the Volkswagon Karrmann Ghia. i liked the way they spelled the name.....

Niko_Fx
04-07-2004, 06:49 AM
Niko = Nikolai

Fx = Nofx

Pretty simple ;)

Suka
04-07-2004, 07:51 AM
A band i like, [spunge], their old record company were called Sukapunch records. i just liked the name and i have used it for a while and it has just got shortened to Suka.

Matt
04-07-2004, 10:01 AM
My name is Matt.

Surprise?

carlover
04-07-2004, 01:37 PM
I hold the record for least original name ever... :rolleyes: Guess where I got it from.

MrVette83
04-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Well, I'm more or less a walking history lesson on the Corvette(a car i love dearly). It was only natural when creating a Username(and firstly a screen-name at AOL) to incorporate my love.

Mr=I'm a guy

Vette=Corvette, the car I love

83=lucky number

Niko_Fx
04-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Well, I'm more or less a walking history lesson on the Corvette(a car i love dearly). It was only natural when creating a Username(and firstly a screen-name at AOL) to incorporate my love.

Mr=I'm a guy

Vette=Corvette, the car I love

83=lucky number

I thought you were born in 1983 :rolleyes: . I saw your profile, September 9 1984, you are 21 days older than me ;)

Usually lucky numbers are smaller ones, or as far as I know :)

Mine is 16.

Spastik_Roach
04-07-2004, 08:19 PM
One day I was talking about a friend of mine called the retarded monkey, and for no reason at all Spastik Cockroach just jumped into mind. It didn't let me put in cockroach so I made it Spastik_Roach. My old name used to be Mr Shocky, and I still use that from time to time. And before that it was.... Tywax, but that was my nickname on the internet from when I was about 6 or 7.

http://storage.msn.com/s1pZ8pl_R1n1zHP_FeACxAOKWKKyIVeaRLVZNUVRYNFzMhtmki p0PudMZ3Us5wGhS3U2WRUESgbspQNFJ9Z-iBxfg/00.jpg?MdToken=2377665418931011

silverhawk
04-26-2004, 11:01 PM
mine is silly. it was a name of a cartoon which i saw when i was a kid. its better than TMNT. :D

teatako
10-27-2008, 06:09 PM
mine is silly. it was a name of a cartoon which i saw when i was a kid. its better than TMNT. :D

it´s not. Do not mess with TMNT.:)

I remember silverhawks too, but I much preferred Thundercats, which was pretty much the same, but with large felines. To this day I have a little whistle shaped like Copper Kid´s hawk. i´ll post pics of it.

anyway, mine´s a half of a double entendre pseudo japanese name in Spanish and it means literally I have secks with you, but stated in a rather graphic way. complete is Teatako Tuoyito, for anyone who speaks spanish.

johnnynumfiv
10-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Its sad to look through this thread and see some great members that no longer visit here.

I was watching the movie short circuit when I made my screen name. And my name is johnny, so it worked.
http://www.codeodor.com/images/johnny5.jpg
JOHNNY 5 ALIVE!

clutch-monkey
10-27-2008, 06:16 PM
karmann?

johnnynumfiv
10-27-2008, 06:19 PM
karmann?

He did give us some pretty good entertainment. :D

whiteballz
10-27-2008, 06:29 PM
And some headaches.

fisetdavid26
10-27-2008, 07:11 PM
^ no name explanations? :D

My name is David Fiset, and I was born on the 26th. Here ya go. I bet nobody worked that out huh? :p

whiteballz
10-27-2008, 07:19 PM
whiteballz

Last name is whitehead, got hit alot in another area alot while mountianbiking/soccer goalie.

+5 for originality in my name.

kingofthering
10-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Named it after a stupid song. Bit of a spur of the moment thing, but I still can't really think of any other alternate usernames that would have been as cool. :D

Nürburgring - Nürburgring hymn (http://www.nuerburgring.de/Nuerburgring-hymn.314.0.html)

f6fhellcat13
10-27-2008, 07:56 PM
named after a WWII fighter
http://www.warbirdalley.com/images/F6F_warbirds_tw.jpg
and 13 cuz of Dan Marino
http://www.opengroup.com/sports/images/(SC)Dan_Marino_Photo.jpg

clutch-monkey
10-27-2008, 08:15 PM
honestly, no idea how i came up with this username. alcohol + monkeys, and had to make it automotive related...maybe..

Zytek_Fan
10-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I really liked Team Zytek in LMES in 2005 :p

Oh well, it works. No one else in the world has one similar.

NSXType-R
10-28-2008, 06:42 AM
Wow, I wasn't even around here in 2004.

Jeez, what an old thread. Even though I wasn't around here, some of the names do ring a bell.

My favorite car is my name. Quite obvious. :D

Edit- You know the old members that don't come back when there's no flag next to your location.

CdocZ
10-28-2008, 07:54 AM
I have no clue, but virtually everyone I know asks me about it.....I know the "z" at the end is from my name (Zach), but the rest I have forgotten. I came up with it waaaayy back in the day when I needed a good alias for various games.

cmcpokey
10-28-2008, 08:12 AM
holy thread revival batman....

mine is a bit odd. i came up with it for my aim screen name when i was in highshool. i was in JROTC, and i was the command master chief petty officer of the unit, CMCPO, and my last name is key. so CMCPOKEY

ruim20
10-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Mine comes from my name, i registred at the time just to see some pictures lol, guess i found the forum a bit more interesting

Rui = Rui
Machado = M

the number came from my age at the time iirc.

Timothy (in VA)
10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
My name is Timothy and I live in the state of Virginia. Rather self-explanatory, unmysterious, and completely unexciting.

I originally used this name on another forum that was dominantly American. When registering, they asked me for my first name and I guess I took it literally because I was young and naive (I was 15 at the time). Later, I added (in VA) to avoid being confused with any other Timothys that showed up. I still visit the website from time to time, but I haven't posted regularly on the forums there since about 2006.

Because I wanted to be consistent, I used the same name when I registered at UCP. In retrospect, it may not have been the best choice for such an international forum. I kind of want to change it, but I'm not sure what I'd change it to. Now I'm less concerned with consistency. I go by "CougarTim" on IMCDb and have an entirely different username on an entirely different website.

cmcpokey
10-28-2008, 12:55 PM
CougerTim... like a GILF

ErWin76
10-28-2008, 02:00 PM
I have to say i can't remember who came up with this nickname, but i know it happened when me and some friends had a very drunken trip to Stockholm about 10 years ago.
ER comes from my lastname, but WIN part i can't explain.

clutch-monkey
10-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I have no clue, but virtually everyone I know asks me about it.....I know the "z" at the end is from my name (Zach), but the rest I have forgotten. I came up with it waaaayy back in the day when I needed a good alias for various games.

lol, since when do you post anymore :p

ballast
10-29-2008, 12:39 AM
i got this name when i first got the honda civic it had to reach a minimum weight and it did once i was put in the driver's seat,hence the name ballast (some unkind folk have sugested that all i'm good for)lol

whiteballz
10-29-2008, 12:57 AM
I vote +1 ballast for best reason

Timothy (in VA)
10-29-2008, 02:37 PM
CougerTim... like a GILF

What can I say? I was seduced by a beautiful, older woman. :p

(Don't get any ideas. I'm talking about my car.)

Dantera22B
10-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Dan (my name) + Pantera (my favourite band) + 22b (one of my favourite cars) = Dantera22b

Rockefella
10-29-2008, 02:46 PM
John D. Rockefeller / Rocafella (I like Jay-Z.. other rap not so much)

I like the baller status of it. A lot of lost and gone members from the first page.

whiteballz
10-29-2008, 02:50 PM
the guys on the first page were around when i joined, They were good people.

Batmobile turbo did have an unhealthy obsession with the darkness though.

Rasmus
10-29-2008, 04:38 PM
My parents. Supposedly they liked it.

CdocZ
10-29-2008, 05:41 PM
lol, since when do you post anymore :p

I may not post regularly anymore (got kind of jaded recently by all the random crap about the GTR vs. ZR1 and related :rolleyes:), but I read a lot of the insanity here nearly every day :). College takes up quite a lot of time I am realizing, but if anyone wants, you all can still message me anywhere (, pm, whatever).

But yeah, in short, I am still here, heheh.

f6fhellcat13
10-29-2008, 05:56 PM
jaded recently by all the random crap about the GTR vs. ZR1 and related
It's the fault of (pretty much) one man.

fisetdavid26
10-29-2008, 05:59 PM
It's the fault of (pretty much) one man.
I've been thinking about the UCP Awards recently (the upcoming ones), and I tried to think what epic events happened this year... none really, the only thing I could think about to summarize 2008 on UCP is "LOL GT-R"...

Sledgehammer
10-29-2008, 06:23 PM
mine belongs to the car that got me into cars. Back I gradeschool, I was a huge fan of the 1988 Callaway sledgehammer corvette. My name stems from that car.

CdocZ
10-29-2008, 06:49 PM
I noticed that too, but oh well. I still love this place, heheh.

Quiggs
10-30-2008, 06:12 AM
Last name = Quigney. When I started playing online gaming, I played under the name Quiggs. Then in high school people started calling me that. It just kinda stuck. Even my mom calls me Quiggs most of the time. The rest of the time she calls me an asshole.

LeonOfTheDead
10-30-2008, 09:44 AM
as posted in another thread (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/842318-post12.html):

merge of to movies: Leon and Shaun of the dead, nothing really morbid

supracrazy410
10-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Mine stems from the fact that when i made my account i was quite possibly the largest fanboy of the supra the world has ever seen. Haven't bothered looking into changing it. 4 is my favorite number and 10 is the number many soccer (football) greats (pele for example) have worn.

csl177
10-31-2008, 02:02 AM
I use Bullethead on some other auto forums but think it was taken when I signed up here. I own a 1972 BMW 3.0CSL, #2275177, hence CSL177.

IWantAnAudiRS6
10-31-2008, 02:05 AM
Um. Duh.

Kooper
10-31-2008, 04:13 AM
Um. Duh.

Yep, though I think what we'd really like to know is what's up with the roygbiv avatar?

clutch-monkey
10-31-2008, 04:14 AM
i would laugh if you actually wanted an RS4, mistyped it, and hid this from us all this time with a false veneer of enthusiasm for the RS6.

:D

Spastik_Roach
11-01-2008, 03:11 AM
he's living a lie...he can't keep it up for much longer!

blingbling
11-03-2008, 12:20 PM
My name has a deep rooted history, especially amongst the social elite and conservative African-American families in the great metropolis of Atlanta. Not only is rocking jewelry that you purchased, instead of paying rent, demonstrative of your individualistic non-conformism, you are also defying authority and showing the world that living conditions are of no concern to you. This is clearly an indication of your toughness as a wealthy individual who still elects to reside in a city in a high state of disrepair. It is important that, while living under the blingbling lifestyle, you exude a large amount of bravado, not smile at people in cars driving by where you are standing, pretend to comprehend every word instead of asking for the lyrics of every symphony or opera of the hip-hop genre, and believing that you are the second coming of Jesus. Since I have learned, from various media sources, that individual males of this lifestyle are constantly poppin caps up in each otha's grill and that females of this lifestyle are extremly promiscuous, my people have developed various defense mechanisms.

This is why I have selected my user name as such, to remind the people of this website (second in greatness only to the city of Atlanta) to stay safe. The first defensive tactic deployed by my people are what we call dubz. These shiney hubcaps are extremely great at deflecting light, sometimes into the eyes of your competition. Remember, the shinier the better. The second defensive tactic are what we call subz. These incredibly energy-inefficient devices create mechanical sound waves in the air, varying the pressure, density, amplitude, and attitude of the surrounding atmosphere. Not only can this be incredibly distracting to potential attackers, the sound waves occasionally will shrink their testicles into fine particles. Once at this stage, your attacker will have no choice but to commit suicide from shame. Another benifit of having subz is the ability to awaken the neighbourhood, sometimes even at 3:30 in the morning, so that more witnesses will be alert and therefore deter a potential attack.

Lastly, the weight added by dubz, and the rediculous energy consumption of subz once again displays your carefree attitude towards monetary concerns since they both result in extra power uptake. Who the hell pays child support when you can spend your welfare on blingbling. THEY ARE SO SHINEY! Unfortunately, it is evident that such a lifestyle attracts a large quantity of morally questionable females into your life. I don't mind this much, but my syphillis has become chronic recently from these encounters. This is why I hope to launch a new product that will fill the streets of Atlanta. I call it the car-dom, it is essentially a giant, 5 meter long condom, but for your car. It is like a car cover, but in the shape of a giant, ugly, lubricated, and overpriced condom. Since I will be abusing my fame in order to push and advertise the product down people's throat like a tru hustla, I am sure the product will sell incredibly well. The revenues collected will be re-invested carefully by my advisors in the mines of Rwanda. Thats like, the Africa or something right? Whatever, just more bling bling. CHYEA!

wait... either that or i just wanted something fast or was high, god damn it

SlickHolden
11-04-2008, 03:42 PM
I didn't see this first time around..

Slick came from my mothers car as it was old people shit on it, but still pretty slick as in it's time kicked many big arses:p. And it was a holden. So that's it simple.

jcp123
11-13-2008, 01:16 AM
jcp = my initials

123 = my birthday (23 January)

Put 'em together and they rhyme!

wwgkd
11-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Mine came from a monday night at the Garden where we were discussing all the ww-d's out there (wwjd, wwfsmd, etc.) and since it was late and drinks were cheap we got around to what would Ghengis Khan do. So since the name I usually use was taken on this site I thought back to that night, and there you go.

Kitdy
01-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Mine came from a monday night at the Garden where we were discussing all the ww-d's out there (wwjd, wwfsmd, etc.) and since it was late and drinks were cheap we got around to what would Ghengis Khan do. So since the name I usually use was taken on this site I thought back to that night, and there you go.

What is wwfsmd?

Rockefella
01-11-2009, 01:03 AM
What is wwfsmd?

What would the flying spaghetti monster do.

Kitdy
01-11-2009, 01:41 AM
What would the flying spaghetti monster do.

The most important question ever asked.

I've seen WWGRD - What Would Gary Roberts do when he was a Pittsburgh Penguin some Pittsburgh fans started it and it got some coverage here - he's a tough as nails hard old forechecker and provided me with immense entertianment and brutality when he was a Leaf.

I think a critical one would be WWWD - what would Wouter do?