PDA

View Full Version : The "OFFICIAL" UCP spy thread

Turbonutter55
04-05-2005, 02:48 AM
I think this should be in this forum, if not, mods please feel free to move it.
Anyway, down to business. This thread is for any cars you see that are not yet on sale. If possible, post a pic and description, if not, just describe it like this:
Car: New-generation Audi RS6
Colour: Blue
Disguised?: No
Where seen: On my street
Any other details: There is a man near my house who must work for a car magazine. He always has an Audi of some kind (not yet on sale) parked outside, and the license plate brackets (where the name of the dealership is normally) say "Audi UK Press Office"
If you can't tell what it is, post pics and other details and someone will recognise it.

man 430gt
04-05-2005, 03:07 AM
Hmm it sounds like a good idea but not so sure for how long it will last.

Rockefella
04-05-2005, 12:15 PM
No offense to you but this will probably fail miserably due to the "I just saw a ..." thread

dydzi
04-05-2005, 12:27 PM
well, i saw new generation of passat on sunday, but im not sure if it's on sale already. i'm quite sure that the driver was an owner of a vw dealership. it looks quite ok, but first thought that came to my head: oh, its a phaeton with chrommed grill. then: no wait, its a new bora. when i was really close to it i realized its new passat

P3RG4R3C
04-05-2005, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I saw about 20 new Passats yesterday... ...on a train. :)

:Exige:
04-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I saw about 20 new Passats yesterday... ...on a train. :)
Always have to out do everyone :rolleyes:

A couple of years ago my grandad was driving around some backlanes and the road was blocked by a Jaguar lorry. He got some photos and it was what was going to be the F-type until it got axed. It even had the matt black paint but being the Jaguar fan my grandad is, he recognised a good shape when he saw it. He laso saw it again the next day at a petrol station near that spot. Its a good spot because its perfect for doing long distance radio.

dydzi
04-05-2005, 01:52 PM
about two years ago, when i was going to my grandma, i saw two infinitis fx. as long as i know infinitis are not sold in europe. it was even before the world premiere - and they were nearly unmasked. one of them was orange, second grey, and they had swedish number plates

gbrown37
04-05-2005, 02:54 PM
i saw a db9 volante(?) (convertible) about 6 months ago

Spastik_Roach
04-05-2005, 08:22 PM
I saw a BMW 6 Series Convertible before it was released in NZ being driven on a road in the city.

Delmaster
04-06-2005, 04:19 AM
i've seen the Mercedes SL, SLK and the new A-Klasse on the streets before they were on sale.
they were masked with black tape, if you know what I mean.
I don't know how you call it. Here it's "Erlkönig" (just like the image I posted btw. what is it? is it the CLS? didn't take the pic))

The SL and SLK are produced in the city next to mine.
that's why I've seen them sometimes.