PDA

View Full Version : Fake suicide bomber

silverhawk
04-06-2005, 09:47 AM
my dad's office is in the same street where we live & this happened on the 5th of april 2005 in a money exchange right next to his office.

a man in his mid 40s entered a money exchange centre & demanded 1 moiilion dhs. otherwise he would blow himself up. he said that he had a bomb in his suitcase. the staff was not fooled & jumped on him before calling the police. the struggle broke his nose & the suitcase contained a ball & a toy car's antenna sticking out. the crook was a 44yo debt laiden businessman From India whose partner had fled the country leaving huge debts.

Misho
04-06-2005, 09:54 AM
thats great and all, but i really think its just dumb to not beleive someone claiming to have a bomb with him. by jumping on him (without being pretty sure what theyre doing) i think that the staff endangered many lives including their own.

man 430gt
04-06-2005, 09:58 AM
thats great and all, but i really think its just dumb to not beleive someone claiming to have a bomb with him. by jumping on him (without being pretty sure what theyre doing) i think that the staff endangered many lives including their own.
Yeah.

forza_autodelta
04-06-2005, 10:13 AM
they jumped on him....unfortunately they pushed a button, and they died

johnnynumfiv
04-06-2005, 10:25 AM

Not. Funny.

Glad to hear everyone is ok.

forza_autodelta
04-06-2005, 10:33 AM
I didn't say it was funny , jumped on him was very dangerous if he had a bomb...

Cotterik
04-06-2005, 10:43 AM

hah

I think if he was carrying a bomb and was being serious he would demand more money, so it was kinda obvious he didnt

johnnynumfiv
04-06-2005, 10:43 AM
It was phrased wierd. It's just nothing to kid about.

my porsche
04-06-2005, 02:10 PM
that happened on a tv show, the guy was like, "you dont have a bomb, i know you dont, come on why are you faking?" then he jumped on him and he really had a bomb, the guy was like "oh shit, he relly had bomb"

how much is a dhs to a dollar?

Rockefella
04-06-2005, 02:18 PM
dhs
Those are the initials of my high-school. :)

my porsche
04-06-2005, 02:54 PM
wow, how relevant :p

You keep hearing about these terrorists masterminds that get killed in the middle east.
Terrorists masterminds.
Mastermind is sort of a lofty way to describe what these guys do, don't you think?
They're not masterminds.
"OK, you take bomb, right? And you put in backpack. And you get on bus and you blow yourself up."
"Why do I have to blow myself up? Why can't I just:"
"Who's the ****ing mastermind here? Me or you?"

CdocZ
04-06-2005, 03:25 PM
That's why Mossad gets so many of them. Whether it's with a cell phone bomb, sniper rifle, or a single "no-shrapnel" rocket fired by an F16, they find a way, and they make them see God, but missing a nice sized chunk of their head and face. Damn terrorists. Bless Mossad.

my porsche
04-06-2005, 03:26 PM
who's mossad?

CdocZ
04-06-2005, 03:40 PM
who's mossad?

Israeli secret intelligence. Not like CIA, more secretive and more special op's type stuff, so it is more like NSA (the Splinter Cell guy is NSA for a major reason, NSA is over 2 times larger, and is the main black op's agency in America).

They have killed terrorist's with cell phone bombs, triggered by the head of Mossad calling them personally, and he lets them know who it is.......then presses the detonate button.

A few times, a single F16 will take off, and fire a rocket that does not have a thick steel case, but what is basically cardboard, so there is no shrapnel. They will hit a hotel room, and these little things are specially designed: Only that very hotel room is actually damage. Sure, the rooms around will get very loud and shake a bit or something, but no causalties outside THAT one room.

Mossad has some many ways to kill you, it's riduculous. And they rarely fail.

Mossad also invented something I am trying to learn: Krav Maga. It is this new Israeli martial art style. Created by some serious IDF special forces commando's, some "consultants" (probably some Japanese premier fighters), and a few doctors, who basically helped by saying "hitting a guy here will HURT". This style is however, very different from the kinds that popped up in Asia. Why? They had 100's of years to refine their arts, and make them more of a hobby almost. Their objective is to just quickly show you are not to be messed with. Krav Maga's objective is to f*cking kill your target as fast as physcially possible. Whether or not they have a knife, or a gun, or a club. Just beat the living sh*t out of the guy, quickly, quietly, doing as much damage as possible in as short a time as you can. So, the conclusion of this paragraph about Krav Maga will say: Do not mess with Israeli Army, they train more then the American Army, and they all know Krav Maga, and will beat you down.

MRR
04-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Do not mess with Israeli Army, they train more then the American Army, and they all know Krav Maga, and will beat you down.

Yes the Israeli Army is better man for man then even the common American infantry man. That being said the US has better specialized divisions (better then anything Israel has) including Navy SEALS, Army Rangers, Delta Force, Air Force Special Ops, etc.

CdocZ
04-06-2005, 07:04 PM
Yes the Israeli Army is better man for man then even the common American infantry man. That being said the US has better specialized divisions (better then anything Israel has) including Navy SEALS, Army Rangers, Delta Force, Air Force Special Ops, etc.

Only Delta Force can outdo the Israeli Special Forces. And even then, barely. Navy Seals are good, but mostly at blowing stuff up (most Seals are demolitions for a reason). Air force......seriously, they are better then common infantry, but they not anything too special. Delta Force is more or less America's counter-terror unit, so they rarely ever see war, and if they do, it is to kidnap MAJOR leaders, or assasinate someone.

Now, let us take IDF/SF (Israeli Defense Forces/Special Forces). They train everyday, with the Seals, the Russian Spetznaz, British and Autsrailian SAS. First off, Israel has some rather large mountains, desert, forest, and rivers. They train in all of this, not just a certain region, as the country is so small that they can easily move to a new terrain. Point to be taken: Israel can outdo the Navy SEALS. They cannot outdo Delta Force, but Delta Force is among the best. The Russian Spetznaz will eat the SEAL's alive, and as they are very close together (and they both are not great friends with the Arab countries), they are practically one and the same. As for Special Air forces for America......if Israel can't take them on with their normal infantry, then the Arab's are more then just seriously retarded at war.

By the way, you know how the main special forces weapon in America is the M4? Chances are that is the basic weapon, but the SEAL's, and any of the special forces units I have mentioned so far, can actually choose from hundreds of guns in supply. Alot of these include the Tavor, Galil, Negev, Magal, quite a few Israeli sniper rifles (They are expensive, but actually much more preffered then something, like the M24 which is what America uses, as they have less recoil, and are smaller and quieter). Israeli weapons are almost always more accurate, if less powerful. This is because they believe that if you can hit someone in the head, under the helmet (if they have), then you do not need a super powered round, especially since anything more powerful then a .38 caliber pistol round can probably go through most armor, and a 9mm SMG round (such as in the Tavor) will tear right through armor.

Never underestimate Israel. For all but ten of the last 55+ years, they have been at war. No country can outdo them man for man, but as they are small, they usually have to rely on this as they are almost always overwhelmed in terms of numbers. For example, there was a war game, that consisted of Turkey, America, and Israel, free for all. Israel didn't even lose 10 jets, yet on their own took out half the Turkish air force, and over a quarter of the American in-theater forces.

Don't mess with Israel. If you have the same amount of people as you, you are F*CKED. Even America would have one hell of a nasty battle with them. Obviously, America would win as they might be behind, but not by far, yet America has literally over 10 times the personel. If you under-estimate Israel, and attack, you are going to have quite a few bloody scars to heal up, and if you are the leader, you might see a little flash from a mile off, then notice your head is missing.

EDIT: Forgot about the Rangers. They are also good, they come close to IDF/SF. You really need to see those Israeli's operate to understand that they really are one of the groups that set the benchmark.

clutch-monkey
04-06-2005, 07:13 PM
israeli assault rifles kick ass. especially the ones with the bullpup design

CdocZ
04-06-2005, 07:15 PM
israeli assault rifles kick ass. especially the ones with the bullpup design

Tavor. It's more powerful then most assault rifles, is fully silenceable, modded to anything you want, even a sniper rifle, grenade launcher, or a heavy weapons gun. Not too mention, as you can guess by the fact that it can become a sniper weapon, it is accurate. It cannot become a full sniper, but considering it would still be under 2.5 feet long? And it can be silenced? Thats pretty damn sick, hitting a target at over 300 meters with something not much bigger then an MP5.

clutch-monkey
04-06-2005, 07:21 PM
beats the m4. a silenced M4 is probably the most useless thing i've ever seen.
the tavor has a weaver rail on top, to fit different sights doesn't it? and a free-floating barrel

CdocZ
04-06-2005, 07:35 PM
beats the m4. a silenced M4 is probably the most useless thing i've ever seen.
the tavor has a weaver rail on top, to fit different sights doesn't it? and a free-floating barrel

Yep. It's probably one of the greatest spec-op's guns ever. Israel loves the things. The grenade launcher you can fit it with is alot like the kind you use in Splinter Cell too. It can fire anything that a special forces unit can think of. Smoke grenades, HE, shrapnel, video cameras, whatever. What can the M4 do? It can fire a 40mm grenade, then makes you reload as inneficiently as possible. On the Tavor, you move the tube forward, let the old shell drop, put in a new one. Hell, they are even making a version of the launcher where you can adjust settings, like lower air pressure so it is quieter, or higher pressure so it can shoot ridiculously far, instead of just shoot, reload, aim for 10 minutes, fire.

Cool little feature on the Tavor, is the little laser-sighter's on the bottom/sides of the gun. They find the range, and can be used to aim, for sniping let's say. They are stock on the special forces edition.

clutch-monkey
04-06-2005, 07:41 PM
i've seen that silenced grenade launcher! crazy
the hk launcher i've seen, the barrel drops down - the launcher on the M4 can only use HE cartridges of a certain length - i think thats why hk and tavor have better loading actions, to fit cartridges of different lengths
a range finder is an awesome idea, especially for sniping - you can set the scope perfect (i want one!).

Rockefella
04-06-2005, 07:51 PM
Only Delta Force can outdo the Israeli Special Forces. And even then, barely. Navy Seals are good, but mostly at blowing stuff up (most Seals are demolitions for a reason). Air force......seriously, they are better then common infantry, but they not anything too special. Delta Force is more or less America's counter-terror unit, so they rarely ever see war, and if they do, it is to kidnap MAJOR leaders, or assasinate someone.

Now, let us take IDF/SF (Israeli Defense Forces/Special Forces). They train everyday, with the Seals, the Russian Spetznaz, British and Autsrailian SAS. First off, Israel has some rather large mountains, desert, forest, and rivers. They train in all of this, not just a certain region, as the country is so small that they can easily move to a new terrain. Point to be taken: Israel can outdo the Navy SEALS. They cannot outdo Delta Force, but Delta Force is among the best. The Russian Spetznaz will eat the SEAL's alive, and as they are very close together (and they both are not great friends with the Arab countries), they are practically one and the same. As for Special Air forces for America......if Israel can't take them on with their normal infantry, then the Arab's are more then just seriously retarded at war.

By the way, you know how the main special forces weapon in America is the M4? Chances are that is the basic weapon, but the SEAL's, and any of the special forces units I have mentioned so far, can actually choose from hundreds of guns in supply. Alot of these include the Tavor, Galil, Negev, Magal, quite a few Israeli sniper rifles (They are expensive, but actually much more preffered then something, like the M24 which is what America uses, as they have less recoil, and are smaller and quieter). Israeli weapons are almost always more accurate, if less powerful. This is because they believe that if you can hit someone in the head, under the helmet (if they have), then you do not need a super powered round, especially since anything more powerful then a .38 caliber pistol round can probably go through most armor, and a 9mm SMG round (such as in the Tavor) will tear right through armor.

Never underestimate Israel. For all but ten of the last 55+ years, they have been at war. No country can outdo them man for man, but as they are small, they usually have to rely on this as they are almost always overwhelmed in terms of numbers. For example, there was a war game, that consisted of Turkey, America, and Israel, free for all. Israel didn't even lose 10 jets, yet on their own took out half the Turkish air force, and over a quarter of the American in-theater forces.

Don't mess with Israel. If you have the same amount of people as you, you are F*CKED. Even America would have one hell of a nasty battle with them. Obviously, America would win as they might be behind, but not by far, yet America has literally over 10 times the personel. If you under-estimate Israel, and attack, you are going to have quite a few bloody scars to heal up, and if you are the leader, you might see a little flash from a mile off, then notice your head is missing.

EDIT: Forgot about the Rangers. They are also good, they come close to IDF/SF. You really need to see those Israeli's operate to understand that they really are one of the groups that set the benchmark.

Too much fahnbohyism in this post, but it's mostly true. I mean, Israel has been at war with Palestine for ages and if they're that damn good (which they are) why hasn't it been won already?

clutch-monkey
04-06-2005, 07:54 PM
you can't really win against guerilla warfare

CdocZ
04-06-2005, 07:55 PM
Too much fahnbohyism in this post, but it's mostly true. I mean, Israel has been at war with Palestine for ages and if they're that damn good (which they are) why hasn't it been won already?

Because if they put to much force in, they have some very friendly neighbors waiting for a reason to beat the living hell out of them (if they can, they kinda failed last.........40 times). But as for Mossad's job of taking care of the terrorists before they tell people to blow themselves up, that takes time to gather the intelligence required to find out where a guy is going to be, or get a guy far enough into an organization to switch the battery out with a battery+50grams of high explosive.

CdocZ
04-06-2005, 07:57 PM

That too. It's also partially because if they go to fast, as I mentioned above, they have some great neighbors that have millions of dollars worth waiting for them. And that the next group will be driven by the feeling of oppression, and madness in trying to get as much done before they die.

Rockefella
04-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, you can. Once it gets to the point that the guerilla's have understood that they have no meaning in fighting anymore they will stop. The Iraqi's are still doing considerate damage w/ suicide bombers to American troops so they keep going at it. This thread is just too, Counter-Strike'ish for me.

clutch-monkey
04-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Well, you can. Once it gets to the point that the guerilla's have understood that they have no meaning in fighting anymore they will stop. The Iraqi's are still doing considerate damage w/ suicide bombers to American troops so they keep going at it. This thread is just too, Counter-Strike'ish for me.
i know what you mean. but its unlikely that most of the palestinians will stop, you can see the frustration in both sides. its going to cost a lot of money/offend a lot of people to try and stop the terrorists with force, israel needs to seriously think about some beneficial programs to generate goodwill amongst the palestinians.

CdocZ
04-06-2005, 08:04 PM
i know what you mean. but its unlikely that most of the palestinians will stop, you can see the frustration in both sides. its going to cost a lot of money/offend a lot of people to try and stop the terrorists with force, israel needs to seriously think about some beneficial programs to generate goodwill amongst the palestinians.

Perhaps with Arafat gone, this will be possible. I still can't believe that son of a b*tch got a nobel peace prize, yet funds terrorism. Peaceful my a$$.

Misho
04-06-2005, 11:19 PM
--Only Delta Force can outdo the Israeli Special Forces.
--Air force......seriously, they are better then common infantry, but they not anything too special.
--Delta Force is more or less America's counter-terror unit,
--Israel can outdo the Navy SEALS. They cannot outdo Delta Force, but Delta Force is among the best.
-- together (and they both are not great friends with the Arab countries), they are practically one and the same.
--Israeli weapons are almost always more accurate, if less powerful.
--Never underestimate Israel.
--No country can outdo them man for man
--Don't mess with Israel.
--If you under-estimate Israel, and attack, you are going to have quite a few bloody scars to heal up.
--Forgot about the Rangers.

what do you do for a living ??

Misho
04-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Damn terrorists. Bless Mossad.

they're both quite similar.

Blue Supra
04-07-2005, 01:21 AM
People were evactuated and taken to hospital from my old workplace the day before yesterday becasue of an "unknown gas" coming from an "unknown source." Cops are playing it down but some people in the office swear it was froom a package.:( sad world.

whiteballz
04-07-2005, 01:26 AM
Egypt learnt not to mess with Isreal the hard way.

Misho
04-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Egypt learnt not to mess with Isreal the hard way.

also true if said the other way around.

whiteballz
04-07-2005, 01:43 AM
point taken.

MRR
04-07-2005, 07:28 PM

Well maybe, but Israel relies on the US for a good chunk of its military supplies including tanks (the M1 Tank especially), Aircraft, Helicopters, etc. (although yes Israel does make many small arms of its own).

In regards to the M4 it will be gone over the course of the next decade and replaced by the XM8 Assault Rifle.
http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/uploads/medium/XM8_Carbine2004-06-16.jpg

clutch-monkey
04-08-2005, 05:45 PM
^^ isn't that simply a HK G36? with a different handle

carlover
04-08-2005, 05:59 PM
This thread has morphed into, "which country's special ops can kill each other". :)

CdocZ
04-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Israel actually invented the armor (the plate-cylinder-plate design) that we use in our full tanks. They also invented the Copperhead Anti-tank missile system, which A) was until more of it's kind came around, the only rocket capable of getting through plate-cylinder-plate armor, and B) the first/first truly effective rocket that actually burnt it's way through the tank, with a rod of depleted uranium launching through the hole to shatter inside the tank, annihalting it from the inside. Israel dropped American weaponry almost entirely before the M16A2 came out, instead they favored the Tavor, which even today is their main assault rifle, and special operations rifle.

Also:
Tavor: Overall length: 720 mm
Barrel length: 460 mm
M8: Overall length: 838 mm in basic configuration, butt extended
Barrel length: 318 mm in basic configuration; also 229 mm in Compact and 508 mm in Sharpshooter and SAW versions

The Tavor is over 100mm shorter, yet it's barrel (standard vs. standard) is 142mm longer. Plus, I doubt there are many guns that are more modifiable then a Tavor. And by very few, I mean I don't even know if there is a gun more modifiable then the Tavor. Israel makes guns (they only do this with guns, not with tanks or fighters) that can very easily switch to any role needed almost. The Tavor can be a highly accurate and powerful assault weapon with a grenade launcher/small shotgun, a 300meter-500meter sniper weapon, or even a 100-round belt-using SAW type weapon. Given it's accuracy, easy controllability, and more power (mostly due to the longer barrel) then other guns using the same round (such as the M16, M4, and the upcoming M8), it is a highly flexible gun. Israel loves them.

EDIT: Yes, you are right on the tanks and aircraft part though. They buy them, they upgrade the living hell out of them. But without us selling them, they would'nt have much of an air force really.

CdocZ
04-08-2005, 06:59 PM
This thread has morphed into, "which country's special ops can kill each other". :)

That reminds me of an idea I once had. There should be olympic paintballing, which probably would (and should) consist of a country's best special op's units. No counter-terror units however, as if they are deployed.......it's for counter-terrorism, not in a war. For example, IDF/SF would fight against SEAL's, Spetznaz, etc., but Delta Force, as a counter terror unit, would probably be put against other counter-terror units, in "mock terror events". Ask if you want clarification, I suck with wording.

CdocZ
04-08-2005, 07:14 PM
^^ isn't that simply a HK G36? with a different handle

G36 is slightly bigger, and the barrel is 460mm long, but with a buttstock it is just under 1000mm, or 100cm. (you NEED them for a full assault rifle if you actually want to hit something in even a slightly uncontrolled conditions)

That's a big gun.

EDIT: I didn't want to have 4 posts in a row, so I cut it down by one. Here is the other post:

what do you do for a living ??

Uh........student, why? Also, in regards to the post after the one I am replying to, at least Mossad tries to kill specific leaders, not innocent people who happened to take the wrong bus.

Misho
04-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Uh........student, why?

you seem to know more about special forces than Ariel Sharon himself.

Mossad tries to kill specific leaders..

sure, but they end up killing tons of civilians along the way.
and they dont always target leaders/rebels/terrorists or whatever you want to call them, they sometimes target innocent civilians. with your vast amount of information, you must of heard about the "Sabra and Shateela" incidents. or more recently of Ahmed Yassin.

CdocZ
04-09-2005, 09:31 AM
[/QUOTE]you seem to know more about special forces than Ariel Sharon himself.[/QUOTE]

A few family friends are Special forces, and my friend's dad does some work occaisonally with SEAL's. I learn practically all of this from them. (Except the gun spec's, those are online).

[/QUOTE]sure, but they end up killing tons of civilians along the way.
and they dont always target leaders/rebels/terrorists or whatever you want to call them, they sometimes target innocent civilians. with your vast amount of information, you must of heard about the "Sabra and Shateela" incidents. or more recently of Ahmed Yassin.[/QUOTE]

There is indeed the occaisonal accident, but A) it is very rare, B) the total number of civilians killed by Mossad is actually quite small, most of the "incidents" are caused by Army, when they get attacked, and just start firing at everything they see cause they are scared sh*tless, and C) At least Mossad tries to kill important, non-innocent enemies, the terrorists just care if they kill anyone at all.

Mossad very rarely kills an innocent person. Also........Sabra and Shatila were not Mossad. Mossad is alot like America's NSA, they are not Special Forces (though they sometimes call upon Special Forces) or army. Sabra and Shatila were Army, not even Special Forces. Israeli special forces is only sent in when there is the type of objective like "assasinate this guy with a rifle", or "sneak around, and gather some intelligence", and "crawl over there, and blow that artillary up". Special Forces, at least in Israel is NEVER sent in to kill, they are sent in to aid the regular army in their objectives. The reason why Sabra and Shatila definitely was not Mossad, is the simple fact that they don't have any real military units. The only places that I can think of that you most likely have heard, that can be compared in their jobs to the "Special guys" at Mossad, are John Clark from the Tom Clancy series, and Fisher from Splinter Cell. Those are the only destructive job-types at Mossad.

MRR
04-09-2005, 05:57 PM
That reminds me of an idea I once had. There should be olympic paintballing, which probably would (and should) consist of a country's best special op's units. No counter-terror units however, as if they are deployed.......it's for counter-terrorism, not in a war. For example, IDF/SF would fight against SEAL's, Spetznaz, etc., but Delta Force, as a counter terror unit, would probably be put against other counter-terror units, in "mock terror events". Ask if you want clarification, I suck with wording.

Yeah baby yeah!! (except for the counter-terror units exclusion part)
I mean they have already got rifle and skeet shooting why not paintball?

CdocZ
04-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah baby yeah!! (except for the counter-terror units exclusion part)
I mean they have already got rifle and skeet shooting why not paintball?

Well, chances are with the VR technology they have for fighter simulations (three custom no-budget PC's can do it, and that is for fighter jets!), so perhaps they could rig up some really cool VR thing and just use that. We have the technology, all they need is a massive gun-database, make it really realistic, and make it so you know when your hit and then you lose control of your "body" so it can flop around and stuff when you get hit, even if you are not neccasarily dead.

whiteballz
04-09-2005, 06:45 PM
i think the solids would be a better idea, i mean, who wouldnt want to see solids? vee argh might crash :(

CdocZ
04-09-2005, 08:38 PM
i think the solids would be a better idea, i mean, who wouldnt want to see solids? vee argh might crash :(

Not really, unless they really try to cheap out on the computer's running it. My sister's boyfriend is an aeronautics engineer, and he runs VR sims all the times on his models using nothing but 3 PC's, that might have been built with no budget, but are all public parts. Just use a few cray's, and it'll work fine. The army actually sometimes uses a VR type thing for special unit's training (usually not in America, but other countries sometimes use it). It would more or less just be Counterstrike, except instead of a keyboard they just have to wear "copper-suits", which will read their movement. It works fine.