PDA

View Full Version : What car should we choose??

Swissbeatz
01-10-2004, 09:39 PM
My wife wants to change her old 1996 BMW 528i. Yes this car is a little bit old it got 125000km and it has 7 years old now. She is thinking about a Range Rover or a BMW X5 4.8is or a Toyota Land Cruiser,but for the 4.8is she must wait 8 months :confused: . Me I'm thinking about a BMW M3Csl with the SMG II tranny or a brand new CLK55 AMG. She wants a SUV and I wand a sport car. So we are fighting everyday at home.
What do you recommend?
BMW M3Csl with the SMG II transmission
Mercedes CLK500
Range Rover
BMW X5 4.8is
or a Toyota Land Cruiser??

Brabus
01-11-2004, 12:16 AM
My wife wants to change her old 1996 BMW 528i. Yes this car is a little bit old it got 125000km and it has 7 years old now. She is thinking about a Range Rover or a BMW X5 4.8is or a Toyota Land Cruiser,but for the 4.8is she must wait 8 months :confused: . Me I'm thinking about a BMW M3Csl with the SMG II tranny or a brand new CLK55 AMG. She wants a SUV and I wand a sport car. So we are fighting everyday at home.
What do you recommend?
Mercedes CLK500
Range Rover
BMW X5 4.8is

Oh, nice I have seen all your cars... they are very clean. I am intersted if you want to sell your Porsche. Your girl must be very nice. Anyway she got nice tastes too. I will suggest a Range Rover or a CLK500 not the AMG. The M3Csl is not a car for the women, sorry but that's what I think.
The Range Rover is the good choice my Brother got it and he is very happy with this SUV. Ok that's not very fast but you can easily cruise at 200km/h with this monster.
She plans to buy her new car this month or later???

Egg Nog
01-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Swizzbeatz, didn't you claim to have lost your liscense after going faster than the limiter would technically allow on your old XK8? Why do you keep buying new cars?

Swissbeatz
01-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Swizzbeatz, didn't you claim to have lost your liscense after going faster than the limiter would technically allow on your old XK8? Why do you keep buying new cars?

You are funny, my driving license has been revoked not eliminated. And that's not my car but my wife's car. It's different.
Do you think I must stop buying new cars? Why, life is so good and I love cars. I will recuparate my driving license soon. And I can tell you that I keep driving, with or without my driving license.

Egg Nog
01-11-2004, 01:38 AM
You are funny, my driving license has been revoked not eliminated. And that's not my car but my wife's car. It's different.
Do you think I must stop buying new cars? Why, life is so good and I love cars. I will recuparate my driving license soon. And I can tell you that I keep driving, with or without my driving license.

Fair enough I suppose :)

Anyway, I would, without a doubt, go for the M3csl. But you've already got a 4-seater... you should consider something like a Lotus Elise :)

NoOne
01-11-2004, 08:15 AM
If it is a replacement for your wife, and if you are keeping your Porsche convince her to buy another 5 series BMW as she must have been happy with the previous one, on second thought they have gotten ugly, how about an S or E class M-B? Luxury and performance .... hell, push for an E55 AMG. ;) ...might be fun for you as well as the wife.

white devil
01-11-2004, 09:39 AM
What do you recommend?
Mercedes CLK500
Range Rover
BMW X5 4.8is
if i was you i would go with the M3CSL its my dream car but what about waiting 4 month or somthing like that and buy an M6 :p

white devil
01-11-2004, 09:41 AM
if i was you i would go with the M3CSL its my dream car but what about waiting 4 month or somthing like that and buy an M6 :p

ohhh no i gess that you will have to wait a year to get that so if you r in a hery buy a M3CSL if not go with the M6CSL :rolleyes:
but then again it s for you r wife.....ahaaaaaaaaaa wait for the M5 then both of you will be happy with it :D