PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Most Wanted Announced

Wolf03
04-10-2005, 01:34 PM
This game was in the works for two years, before NFS Underground 2 and the NFS community knew it was coming, yet there was no official announcement but now there is.

Taken from www.worthplaying.com. All credits go to www.worthplaying.com

Combining the thrill of illicit street racing and tuner customization with the intensity of strategic police pursuits that rivals any Hollywood-style chase scene, Need for Speed Most Wanted challenges players to become the most notorious and elusive street racer.

"Out-race your opponents, evade cops and exploit the open world in Need for Speed Most Wanted; street racing doesn't get any better than this," said Larry LaPierre, senior producer, EA Canada. "Players instantly will feel the thrill of the ride as they hit the streets in an open world environment where drivers can tune their cars to compete against any class of vehicles or use their wits to out-fox the law to satisfy their need for speed."

Need for Speed Most Wanted delivers a unique, fast-paced and gripping ride in the racing genre as players build up their Rap Sheet and street cred to move their way up the Black List to become the most wanted racer on the streets. Players will go head-to-head with the top drivers on the scene as well as strategically evade more than half dozen cops at any one time. Add in a dynamic open world, new gameplay and customization as well as tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars and Need for Speed Most Wanted will be on every gamer's "must-have" list.

Developed in Vancouver, B.C. by EA Canada, Need for Speed Most Wanted will be available for a next generation console as well as the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance, PSP handheld entertainment system and PC.

Rijoh
04-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Thank God, they're going back too supercars. Those ricers in the Underground series were getting boring :rolleyes:

Wolf03
04-10-2005, 01:51 PM
While they are going to exotics, they aren't leaving the import tuner scene. If you read carefully, you still gotta modify your car.

6'bore
04-10-2005, 01:59 PM
This could be a good combination, or this could be a disasterous combination.

Riced up exotics. Good or bad?

Manik
04-10-2005, 02:03 PM
This could be a good combination, or this could be a disasterous combination.

Riced up exotics. Good or bad?

but not always "riced up" they can be tuned too. Tuning is not ricing. Although you could put some dorky stuff on your car...... :rolleyes:

Quiggs
04-10-2005, 02:32 PM
<Beavis and Butthead voice> This is gonna be cool. Huh, uhhuh, huh. </Beavis and Butthead voice>

Esperante
04-10-2005, 02:37 PM
YES! Exactly what's needed! A combination of the Club races and free-roaming tuned cars. I can't wait! :D

Pimp racer
04-10-2005, 03:52 PM
A need for speed that will actually be fun playing! :D

carlover
04-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Hot pursuit 2 was an amazing game, let's hope most wanted can live up to it. :)

Esperante
04-10-2005, 04:13 PM
A need for speed that will actually be fun playing! :D
Like Porsche Unleashed! :D:D

CdocZ
04-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Hot pursuit 2 was an amazing game, let's hope most wanted can live up to it. :)

That was an awesome game. Too few cars though, but still awesome.

Esperante
04-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Agreed. Especially on xBox. I've played the pS2 version, and it's just not nearly as good gameplay wise, graphics wise or audio wise.

CdocZ
04-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Agreed. Especially on xBox. I've played the pS2 version, and it's just not nearly as good gameplay wise, graphics wise or audio wise.

Indeed? Well, my next racing game will almost definitely be on computer, or Xbox which is rapidly taking over my console gaming attention from my PS2. Probably they just beefed it up because they had the ability with such better hardware.

NFS-GT is amazing though, arcade only sadly. It's sick, and amazing realistic, and I have a few records on that game :D

Quiggs
04-10-2005, 04:27 PM
High Stakes is still my favorite to this day. It had the exotics, police chases, and customization, as well as damage that had to be paid for after every race. I had it for PS1 and lent it to a friend, never to see it again...

Esperante
04-10-2005, 04:28 PM
The xBox controller just works so much better on car games than PS2's. That's why I wish to God GT4 came out on xBox.

Egg Nog
04-10-2005, 04:48 PM
High Stakes is still my favorite to this day. It had the exotics, police chases, and customization, as well as damage that had to be paid for after every race. I had it for PS1 and lent it to a friend, never to see it again...

Yes! I totally agree, that was the absout peak of the series.

Route Adonf was the track. :)

emperor
04-10-2005, 04:53 PM
I think that every part of NFS was better than previous.
I think NFS Undergrounds were great because of these visual modifications, but greates thing about them was drift, I just hope that they will not exclude it in Most Wanted.

Esperante
04-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Yes! I totally agree, that was the absout peak of the series.

Route Adonf was the track. :)
I loved that track! If you cut the 90 degree turn in the town just right you could pass everyone in front of you, even in last!

Vindesh17
04-10-2005, 05:40 PM
I have all of the need for speed games from NFS4 to NFS:U2 and the last two were the most disappointing in the entire series. I can't wait for Ferraris and Lambos in NFS again.:D

Chinky_boi
04-10-2005, 06:40 PM
This was annouced in Febuary. They say there will be police chases. About 15 police cars will be in it as well as 80 cars ranging from cheap cars to exotic cars. Cannot wait :D

Pimp racer
04-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Like Porsche Unleashed! :D:D
Ideed.

Blue Supra
04-11-2005, 01:24 AM
cant wait! i just got my PS2 for GT4 so now i can get ANOTHER racing game for it:D

fpv_gtho
04-11-2005, 02:00 AM
Hopefully they dont put the Crown Vic cop cars in there capable of keeping up with M5's etc like they have before

Roy Visser
04-11-2005, 03:12 AM
they never should have left the Realism they put in the PC version of Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed. that game was near perfect!

Wolf03
04-11-2005, 07:33 AM
This was annouced in Febuary. They say there will be police chases. About 15 police cars will be in it as well as 80 cars ranging from cheap cars to exotic cars. Cannot wait :D

That was on www.spong.com and it was leaked information but apparently the info that I just posted is the leaked official announcement that is supposed to come out in the upcoming days. I thought this was an official announcement.

I mean, I knew about Most Wanted before UG2. It was confirmed by EA that after UG, Most Wanted was supposed to come out but they delayed it and released that crappy UG2 game and Most Wanted was in the works for at least 2 years.

carlover
04-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Police Pursuit
By Micheal Mullen

So there are two types of Need for Speed players that I’ve met. First, there are those that just love high-speed street racing in the fastest cars on the planet. And then there are those that love the thrill of being chased by the police.

Believe it or not, a lot of people love being chased. Whenever I mention that I work with the Need for Speed team, the first thing I hear is, “Please bring back pursuit mode.” For the uninitiated, pursuit mode was first introduced in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and allowed racers a new adrenal boost as they not only fought to out-rev other racers, they had to dodge police pursuits, spike strips, and missile firing helicopters... standard police protocol for any high-speed pursuit.

Yesterday, those same players that have dogged me at any party can rejoice as EA has announced Need for Speed Most Wanted – complete with flashing blues in the rearview mirror.

This is not the same Pursuit Mode you’ve played again and again as you’ve waited for the popular gameplay mode to return. The development team has decided to evolve Pursuit Mode from the realm of bumbling cops trying to pull you over after you’ve smashed into a wall to modern police strategies that are used in real-life high-speed chases (the OJ chase is still an exception to any rule). They even hired chase experts to make it realistic. That means you’re going to have to upgrade your evasion skills too.

Due in November, Need for Speed Most Wanted is a departure from the street whips in Need for Speed Underground 2 but adds the latter game’s best features: open world and customization. From tuners, supercars, muscles and sports cars, you’ll be able to build the ride you’re looking for or the ride you’re just dying to have in real life.

New to the series will be the Blacklist, a list of the most wanted racers in the game. As you race through the game your Rap Sheet and street cred moves you up the illicit racing ladder to go head-to-head with other racers or test your skills against up to half a dozen cops looking to ask for your license and registration.

Need for Speed Most Wanted will deliver the fast-paced experience you desire on just about any console you have including a next generation console as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance, PSP™ handheld entertainment system and PC.

We can’t say when in November Need for Speed Most Wanted will arrive but you might want to cancel any events in November just to free up your schedule... school, Thanksgiving, etc.
This game sounds awesome. I can't wait. :)

Source: http://www.eagames.com/redesign/games/ps2/nfsmw/home.jsp

I can't confirm if these pictures are real, I just googled them but...:
http://data.interia.pl/gry/newsy/05_01_19/RYS03.jpg
http://img37.exs.cx/img37/3774/nfsmw1oj.jpg
http://www.3dnews.ru/documents/9198/nfs_mw.jpg
http://data.interia.pl/gry/newsy/05_01_19/RYS04.jpg

Quiggs
04-20-2005, 01:12 PM
This has the makings of being an excellent game. It sounds like they're taking the best elements from all of their games and putting it in one title. I guess hoping for Porsche Unleashed-style physics is pushing it, but I'll be looking at this for PC and PS2.

silverhawk
04-22-2005, 01:02 PM
carlover, ive seen the pic of the 360 long time back & i think the blue RX8 is from the movie X2.
i had the idea of a game which combined exotics & riced but i never knew it would become a reality. i hate underground & U2. i still play NFS HP2. i think it would be really fun modifying & tuning supercars. cant wait!

Esperante
04-22-2005, 08:50 PM
The pic of the 360 is from HP2. ;)

targa
04-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Like Porsche Unleashed! :D:D woot :)

TheGreatOne
04-23-2005, 11:08 AM
This looks really good, cant wait to see how it turns out. I too love HP2, but I do have to admit that I like UG2 a bit more If simply because of the idea of being able to soup up cars that are somewhat attainable in the near future. Not to mention that it's flat out fun to play.

Esperante
04-23-2005, 12:14 PM
I'm playing my HP2 on xBox now and I'm beginning to realize how much better it is than both Undergrounds simply because it has supercars in it. :)

carlover
04-23-2005, 12:57 PM
The pic of the 360 is from HP2. ;)
Yeah I just realized that. I was just searching and that's what came up. :o

Viper007
04-23-2005, 02:01 PM
The game all rice haters have been looking for?

ZeTurbo
04-23-2005, 05:06 PM
i have played ALL of the need for speed games. Great series untill Underground came out.

best ones were Porsche unleashed, High stakes , and the first one( NFS with colaboration from road and track)

porsche unleashed for the PC was just addictive, not just the game play but also the cars. How can you go back to real life when you have a Moby Dick in your garage? or a 356 carrera 2? or a 911 carrera RS.

Highstakes was so good, in PS one i played so loooon, damage was incredible, and tracks were so much fun. you could modify your super car but it was TASTEFULL. i still remember my RED 550 with a tiny boot lip, lowered supension, powerd up engine and white stripes ....

The first NFS was just amazing, it was on the good old SEGA SATURN, it was a crazy game, there was a crazy car you could win caled the warrior, it was so fast, in one tack you could get several seconds of air time :D

Underground was a fun experience but what i HATE about that game is that u MUST rice up your car to get "STYLE" points, it is very annoying to be OBLIGED to put decals in your car.

CSL
04-23-2005, 05:06 PM
NFS is far overrated

carlover
04-23-2005, 08:44 PM
NFS is far overrated
How so? Most of there games have great graphics, an exclenent choice of cars, and very fun gameplay. If your saying NFSU is overrated I agree on you there, NFSU 1 and 2 were nowhere near as good as any of the other games. But NFSU hot pursuit 2 was named 3rd best game ever by offical Playstation magazine. And the rest of the games are lots of fun. Most wanted looks like NFS is gonna start having supercars again, which is great. Hopefully it will live up to it's name. :)

Viper007
04-23-2005, 09:48 PM
I THINK YOU'RE FAR OVERRATED!!!!!!! Hahahaha im just kidding ..................or am I?

The Ferrarist
04-23-2005, 10:09 PM
And I loved NFS2. Still remember one straight-line road, and me on F50 or McLarenF1... I could play with closed eyes)))