PDA

View Full Version : bugatti 16/4 vs dodge viper venom hennessey 800tt ?

rt/10
04-27-2003, 02:13 AM
who will win in a 1/2 mile race with no corners ?

motorhead
04-28-2003, 01:08 AM
1/2 a mile the bugatti will be thrashed because of its weight disadvantage but top speed the viper is long gone

hotflank
04-28-2003, 02:03 AM
not really, the viper has MUCH superior accleration

motorhead
04-28-2003, 04:27 AM
i said bugatti WILL be thrashed so hennessy wins

motorhead
04-28-2003, 04:28 AM
but top speed GOODBYE VIPER

Nash
04-28-2003, 06:39 AM
The Hennessy 800TT will pretty much rape the 16/4.

motorhead
04-28-2003, 06:47 AM
yeah but when it somes to everything else the viper is long gone and forgotten. the interior of the viper, oh is there an interior(LOL) then you have the veyrons stunning interior which add weight to the car but it is not that slow in acceleration either as for me veyron - the ultmate supercar

Canay
04-29-2003, 06:58 AM
Driving just straight on without any corner .... Wheres the Fun???

I wouldnt buy a car for just going straight on -... For me the most important thing is Track-Performance.

If you take both cars to a sharp cornered Racetrack, then a Lotus Elise might be enough to let them stay in the background.

;)

motorhead
04-30-2003, 11:16 PM
we are talking about stright line speed here. track wise i think this two cars would do well also, especially the veyron as it has 4 wheels drive

viperfreek89
06-01-2003, 04:32 PM
I absolutely love vipers but sadly, it would be destroyed by a bugatti

Kudosdude
06-02-2003, 02:07 AM
I think there has to be a lot to be said for straight line acceleration; getting off the line sharpish is an art in its own right. Anyway - I reckon Hennessey, maybe.

See you at the lights ;)

bigfatmadmaggy
03-25-2004, 08:12 AM
they are not even in the same class one is stock one is modded out to it's extreme. The question is if you took the bugatti to a tuner stuck some bigger turbos on it some better lighter rims. I must say in a slalom the Hennesey is toast because you are comparing a front engine rear wheel drive car (viper) to a mid engine AWD Car (bugatti) and I believe the elise would not even be able to keep up with it sorry budds.

Matra et Alpine
03-25-2004, 09:21 AM
I must say in a slalom the Hennesey is toast because you are comparing a front engine rear wheel drive car (viper) to a mid engine AWD Car (bugatti) and I believe the elise would not even be able to keep up with it sorry budds.
If it was slalom or twisty track/road I think you'd be surprised by the Elise.
Lighter weight would make it better at slowing and turn-in for corners than the AWD :)
In the real-world I'd take the Elise every time if I wanted to get from a to b quicjly and enjoyably. And as you'd already pointed out with the Hennessey, if we're allowed to increase the power/torque then it would be unbeatable :)

GT500
03-25-2004, 05:22 PM
mm...the Elies is a very nice car. :)

I actually think the 16.4 would win, It accelarates much faster than the 800TT after about 90mph or so I've heard from soem people...

Now let's put em both up against a Lingenfelter Vette 427 TT and see them both get beaten.... :)

Matra et Alpine
03-25-2004, 05:53 PM

I actually think the 16.4 would win, It accelarates much faster than the 800TT after about 90mph or so I've heard from soem people...

Now let's put em both up against a Lingenfelter Vette 427 TT and see them both get beaten.... :)
Only on a 1/4 mile :)

As soon as it's twist and braking and corner speed become a factor I'd go with a tuned Elise - and you could buy a couple of Elises for the cost of the Lingenfelter add-ons :)

Many have heard my mantra - real roads and tracks you can't beat the lowest weight and highest power to weight.

Check out lap records. All rouind the world they're falling to Radicals :)

But on a 1/4, yep I'd take a Lingenfelter on slicks - even road-legal ones ( there's a full article posted by me elsewhere )

GT500
03-26-2004, 09:02 PM
hodl on.....by saying in yoru first sentence on ea 1/4 mile....were you comparing to teh (yes teh...doesn't deserve a the, it's too good for that)Elise? The Lingenfelter would beat the Elise for shure.....or wait....im confused... :confused:
And yes I would have to agree with you that on a twisty course the Elise would beat everythign else, even the 16.4. :)

Matra et Alpine
03-27-2004, 03:42 AM
hodl on.....by saying in yoru first sentence on ea 1/4 mile....were you comparing to teh (yes teh...doesn't deserve a the, it's too good for that)Elise? The Lingenfelter would beat the Elise for shure.....or wait....im confused... :confused:

YOU: Now let's put em both up against a Lingenfelter Vette 427 TT and see them both get beaten....
ME: Only on a 1/4 mile

So yes, I was saying the Elise would lose in a 1/4 mile. More effective (bigger) rubber can go on the Lingenfelter and even with the optimal RR I think the Elise would struggle with launch. The fastest lightweights are twin-bike-engined Lotus & copies driving 4 wheels. Problem with lightness is it reduces traction too. So straightline launch from 0 aren't as good as Heavier cars with same power/weight :(

And yes I would have to agree with you that on a twisty course the Elise would beat everythign else, even the 16.4. :)

I'm not a devotee of 1/4 mile so I prefer the twisty roads and tracks performance :)

PS: What's with the 'teh' comments ? I'm sorry when my disability surfaces in my typing but it doesn't help if you're taking the piss !! :(

GT500
03-27-2004, 12:25 PM
meh....teh is just something I always use....ok fine. "the". ;)

I wonder how fast an Elise could go through a 600 ft slalom...... :)

Matra et Alpine
03-27-2004, 03:41 PM
meh....teh is just something I always use....ok fine. "the". ;)

I wonder how fast an Elise could go through a 600 ft slalom...... :)
I'd be more interested in real road turns.
The problem with a slalom is you could set up the spring and dampers to assist the car in a fixed slalom. Setting the suspension resonance at the smae frequency as the bends would have the springs HELP the car into the subsequemt turns.
In trying to optimise track racers you're trying to decide which corner or sequence of corners you can gain the most by setting the car to be optimal for those.
Same with rallying - though much harder to get right :)

ENZOMAN
04-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Well lets see for the price of one veyron you get about 12-13 Dodge Viper's
which means while the viper needs time to win the race and for top speed, the Veyron would be completely boxed in by the other vipers surrounding it, thus losing the race

talk about being thrown into the snake pit :p :) :) :)

Guibo
04-14-2004, 01:35 AM
Pretty sure the 800TT will beat the Veyron to the 1/2 mile. In top speed, Bugatti only estimates a top speed of 252 mph. No Veyron has ever actually reached that speed, not even a prototype. If a limiter is in place, like this article below suggests, then the 800TT might very well beat the Veyron in top speed too. A normally aspirated Venom 650R has already done 207 mph, but forget about either of these Venoms. Hennessey has been turning out 1000TT's for some time now.

http://www.autoweek.com/search/search_display.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&content_code=09770282&Search_Type=STD&Search_ID=2056135&record=3

MOPAR KICKS ASS
10-14-2005, 01:38 PM
or if the viper had the power and speed of the bugatti veyron 16.4 the new bugatti if the viper had the speed and power of the bugatti viper hands down. that's if the viper had all the speed and power of the bugatti

saleenfreak34
05-14-2007, 08:14 PM

hey buddie, you have no idea what ur taqlking about, the viper's top speed is 230, and the 16/4's top is 245, the vette's top is 202 dude

h22a
05-14-2007, 11:00 PM
I fcuken hate this threads and feel inclined to rag up on any viper fanboys trying to put a chrylser in the same boat as the Bugatti. Its pathetic!

CdocZ
05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I fcuken hate this threads and feel inclined to rag up on any viper fanboys trying to put a chrylser in the same boat as the Bugatti. Its pathetic!

Isn't the comparison between the Venom and the Veyron? The Venom starts out as a Viper.....but the Venom is changed enough that you can't really call it a Viper anymore......small point with nearly no real relevance, but meh.

Ferrer
05-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Isn't the comparison between the Venom and the Veyron? The Venom starts out as a Viper.....but the Venom is changed enough that you can't really call it a Viper anymore......small point with nearly no real relevance, but meh.
Well the Bugatti is a jumped up Volkswagen Corrado, so they are just equal...

Pando
05-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Well the Bugatti is a jumped up Volkswagen Corrado, so they are just equal...
Zing! :D