PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Nissan Skyline 300GT

r34_296kw
01-12-2004, 07:51 PM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/listings/0001-0268-0316-/auction-8062321.htm can someone tell me what the hell that car is, i've never seen it or heard of it until today. :confused: :confused: :confused:

fpv_gtho
01-12-2004, 08:02 PM
i think its the american model skyline sedan

r34_296kw
01-12-2004, 08:17 PM
damn, sky's there are so ****in ugly there, damn, no wonder americans think jap cars are POS

fpv_gtho
01-12-2004, 08:25 PM
different cultures, different tastes

cptgunther
01-13-2004, 12:43 PM
i think its the american model skyline sedan

The US does not import any Nissan Skyline models. The J-spec models have to be specially imported..

more-boost1555
01-13-2004, 02:08 PM
cptgunther is right, there is no such thing as an American model Skyline. The only way that I know of to import a Skyline into the U.S. is through Motorex. A company based in california that imports them on demand, makes them U.S. smog legal, and converts them to left drive if you wish. They also install mods for your Skyline if you would like.

That car however is an Infiniti G35, at least that's what they're called in the states.

r34_296kw
01-13-2004, 03:19 PM
oh aye, but its made by nissan right, anyways it might be called infiniti in the states but surely it must have other names in other places, yeah i know of motorex, i've been to their site and also heard of them quite a few times.

fpv_gtho
01-13-2004, 08:10 PM
That car however is an Infiniti G35, at least that's what they're called in the states.

well it had to be one or the other, its possible its a skyline sedan in japan and the G35 in america

more-boost1555
01-14-2004, 01:54 PM
you guys never saw one in real life before? I guess the G35 didn't make it to Australia/New Zealand for some reason. Maybe they thought you guys were too caught up with your Falcons and Monaros to take interest in it.

r34_296kw
01-14-2004, 03:53 PM
you guys never saw one in real life before? I guess the G35 didn't make it to Australia/New Zealand for some reason. Maybe they thought you guys were too caught up with your Falcons and Monaros to take interest in it. cant you read??????????????????? theres a good chance its called skyline in japan and other places and G35 in the states. besides what are you talking about 99% of your american cars are crap

fpv_gtho
01-14-2004, 08:28 PM
you guys never saw one in real life before? I guess the G35 didn't make it to Australia/New Zealand for some reason. Maybe they thought you guys were too caught up with your Falcons and Monaros to take interest in it.

For the G35 to compete with Falcons and Commodores, its too upmarket. Nissan Australia are thinking of importing the G35 rather as an alternative for buyers who want a 4 seater 350Z, plus Nissan already have the Maxima here

more-boost1555
01-15-2004, 01:28 PM
cant you read??????????????????? theres a good chance its called skyline in japan and other places and G35 in the states. besides what are you talking about 99% of your american cars are crap

First off, there is no chance it is called a Skyline anywhere. Why? Because it isn't! You know of the R34 right? That was the last generation of Skylines they made, there is no R35 yet. So if there is no R35, and that car is not an R34 or any other generation of Skyline, how the hell can it be a Skyline?!

It is an Infiniti G35. I know for a fact it isn't called that outside of the united states because Infiniti only exists to sell high end models to Americans. I have no idea what it is called outside the U.S., probably just a Nissan G35, but I don't know. I thought maybe you would being as you live in New Zealand, and I was surprised that you had never seen one in real life. Then I assumed that Nissan decided not to import the G35 to Oz/New Zealand because you guys love your Falcons and Monaros/Commodores.

I wasn't trying to imply that there was anything wrong with those car's, in fact I'd love to see the Falcon make it's way over to America. I'm a huge Ford fan and it would be awesome to see them bring a four door performance vehicle to the U.S. market.

Lastly, don't ever say anything about American cars again. Maybe you hadn't noticed, but American company's own both Holden and Ford (obviously). Also try naming one car made outside of the U.S. that's faster than a Corvette or Ford GT for the same price.

crisis
01-15-2004, 05:12 PM
First off, there is no chance it is called a Skyline anywhere. Why? Because it isn't! You know of the R34 right? That was the last generation of Skylines they made, there is no R35 yet. So if there is no R35, and that car is not an R34 or any other generation of Skyline, how the hell can it be a Skyline?!

It is an Infiniti G35. I know for a fact it isn't called that outside of the united states because Infiniti only exists to sell high end models to Americans. I have no idea what it is called outside the U.S., probably just a Nissan G35, but I don't know. I thought maybe you would being as you live in New Zealand, and I was surprised that you had never seen one in real life. Then I assumed that Nissan decided not to import the G35 to Oz/New Zealand because you guys love your Falcons and Monaros/Commodores.

I wasn't trying to imply that there was anything wrong with those car's, in fact I'd love to see the Falcon make it's way over to America. I'm a huge Ford fan and it would be awesome to see them bring a four door performance vehicle to the U.S. market.

Lastly, don't ever say anything about American cars again. Maybe you hadn't noticed, but American company's own both Holden and Ford (obviously). Also try naming one car made outside of the U.S. that's faster than a Corvette or Ford GT for the same price.
Dont get too upset with R34s comments . He wouldnt know 10% of American cars anyway. you do have some shitty front wheel drive family type cars though. Do Ford or GM make many rear wheel drive family sedans?

Evil Ewok
01-15-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm not trying to make anyone made, or anything of the sort, But, the G35 basically is a new model of the nissan Skyline, coupe and sedan. Look it up on the nissan.co.jp site and it tells it all. There are many skylines that arn't in the R series. Look at the skyline 4door sedan while the R34 was out. So yea, if you want an american skyline without importing, thats the closest you can get.

fpv_gtho
01-15-2004, 09:03 PM
i'd be careful with what you say r34, you said it yourself the moderators are keeping a close eye on you

more-boost1555
01-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Dont get too upset with R34s comments . He wouldnt know 10% of American cars anyway. you do have some shitty front wheel drive family type cars though. Do Ford or GM make many rear wheel drive family sedans?

Yes, we do have some crappy sedans. No doubt about that, but they're cheaper so....you get what you pay for I guess. Ford still has the Crown Victoria, but that's the only rear drive sedan I can think of. Oh, there's the new GTO, but that's not really a "family" car...actually, it's not even a sedan...so nevermind.

more-boost1555
01-16-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm not trying to make anyone made, or anything of the sort, But, the G35 basically is a new model of the nissan Skyline, coupe and sedan. Look it up on the nissan.co.jp site and it tells it all. There are many skylines that arn't in the R series. Look at the skyline 4door sedan while the R34 was out. So yea, if you want an american skyline without importing, thats the closest you can get.

Ok, I was wrong, lol, it is a Skyline in Japan. Good call Ewok, the site told all.

fpv_gtho
01-16-2004, 09:44 PM
Yes, we do have some crappy sedans. No doubt about that, but they're cheaper so....you get what you pay for I guess. Ford still has the Crown Victoria, but that's the only rear drive sedan I can think of. Oh, there's the new GTO, but that's not really a "family" car...actually, it's not even a sedan...so nevermind.

the GTO's highly based off a family sedan, but in its form isnt regarded as one. is there actually many private sales for the crown victoria? cause from what ive heard with the fleets the only reason theyre buying them is cause theyre the only existing RWD V8 built in america.

uk83
01-17-2004, 04:34 AM
there are a lot of cars called "skyline" not only the r34 or r35 dunno if that car for sale is one though...... and all other cars with skyline in the name suck compared the r34. but that car for sale is 40000$..... id buy a r34 skyline.....

r34_296kw
01-17-2004, 04:49 AM
there are a lot of cars called "skyline" not only the r34 or r35 dunno if that car for sale is one though...... and all other cars with skyline in the name suck compared the r34. but that car for sale is 40000$..... id buy a r34 skyline..... so would i............damn where is meggotmea7? :confused:

mooseTSi
02-11-2004, 01:54 PM
the GTO's highly based off a family sedan, but in its form isnt regarded as one. is there actually many private sales for the crown victoria? cause from what ive heard with the fleets the only reason theyre buying them is cause theyre the only existing RWD V8 built in america.

isn't the new GTO just a holden with some pontiac badges slapped on it. you'd think the could at least design something new. Also i saw some guy yesterday with a G35 and he put nissan badges and skyline badges on it. u can by them from stillin.

crisis
02-11-2004, 04:33 PM
isn't the new GTO just a holden with some pontiac badges slapped on it. you'd think the could at least design something new. Also i saw some guy yesterday with a G35 and he put nissan badges and skyline badges on it. u can by them from stillin.
GM in the US butchered the front to suit suppossed US tastes. The fuel tank was moved in front of the rear axle becasue apparently that stops them blowing up in rear enders in the States. The motor was tweaked and it has a different exhaust. But thats about it. Course its left hand drive.

fpv_gtho
02-11-2004, 11:39 PM

the GTO's a Holden Monaro CV8 with new exhaust, cam, front bodywork, wheels and a rear spoiler. the Holden Monaro is based on the same platform underneath the Holden Commodore, which is a 4 door sedan also sold to the UAE and other places as a Chev Lumina

Niko_Fx
02-19-2004, 10:40 AM
I cannot get into the web page, they ask me for a user name and password

cls12vg30
02-19-2004, 11:29 AM
The whole Skyline platform issue is getting confusing. The Infiniti G35 in the US comes in both Sedan and 2+2 coupe styles, and is selling VERY well. It is the same car as the new Skyline in Japan, however you have to make a distinction between Skyline and GT-R. There is no current GT-R, but supposedly the next generation will be based on the same platform as the G35, which ALSO happens to be the same platform as the 350Z! So it's hard these days to think in the platform terms Nissan guys are used to, when you had Z31, Z32, R32, R33, R34, S13, S14, etc. It would seem the Z and R platforms have merged, but I'm not sure if they're referring to the new Skyline platform as R35 or not. You will here people referring to the G35 as R35 platform, but you will also hear people referring to the 350Z as Z33 platform, even though they are the same platform......as I said, consolidation is making things confusing.

As for the Ford Crown Victoria and its sister, the Mercury Grand Marquis, I don't know if they're the only American RWD V8 Sedans you can buy, there may still be a RWD Cadillac or Lincoln, I'm not sure. Almost every cop car and many taxis in the U.S. are Crown Vics, but they also do sell quite a few to civilian buyers, who are almost exclusively over the age of 65.
The times are changing, though. Last week the first 2005 Dodge Magnums and Chrysler 300C's rolled off the assembly lines in Brampton, Ontario. They are the all-new full-size cars for the North American divisions of DaimlerChrysler, and are RWD. The Magnum is a sort of sport-wagon body style, the 300 is a sedan. Both borrow heavily from the Mercedes parts and design bins. Two different V6 engines are offered, as well as the new 5.7L Chrysler Hemi-head V8. Rumors of Caddy and Lincoln models that had switched to FWD returning to RWD abound as well.

MrVette83
02-19-2004, 02:44 PM
Cadillac is now offering a version of the CTS rear drive family sedan with an LS6 V-8 from the Corvette Z06. It'll be known as the CTS-V and is rated at 400hp and 395lb-ft. Cadillac estimates a 0-60 time of 4.5-4.6 and a 1/4 mile in the 13's. Lincoln also sells the LS which has an optional V-8. Aside from those two there aren't any others I can think of at the moment.

MrVette83
02-19-2004, 02:45 PM
The upcoming Seville model by Cadillac is also rumored to be rear-drive.

fpv_gtho
02-19-2004, 10:43 PM
i say bring the Falcon and Commodore over to America.....theyre a hell of a lot better than whats on the market right now

icezdragonz
02-21-2004, 07:45 AM
i say bring the Falcon and Commodore over to America.....theyre a hell of a lot better than whats on the market right now
commodores and falcons are realy cheap here in australia compared to skylines and stuff, theres a great abundance in them here. i'm sure if they do start manufacturing them in america they would b very cheap there too (althou i dont like commodores or falcons at all :D )

fpv_gtho
02-21-2004, 08:17 PM
it would be cheaper to produce them here though in terms of cost per unit. america is a pretty cheap place to build cars but australia still undercuts them mainly because of labour prices and material. also i believe the cars would be built to a better standard here