PDA

View Full Version : Take your pick

more-boost1555
01-13-2004, 01:57 PM
So now that Ford has announced it's plans to build the new Shelby Cobra, right on the heels of the GT making it to production.....which car, were you given the choice between the two, would you drive home with?

Oh yeah, as for me...I think I'd take the GT.

fede
01-13-2004, 03:01 PM
iŽd take the GT, its awesome, i love it

NoOne
01-13-2004, 07:23 PM
I gotta go with the Cobra, I've wanted a replica for as long as I can remember, now they are considering building them new, I'll have to start working overtime. :D

Quiggs
01-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Cobra, just because it's a convertible...

Batmobile_Turbo
01-13-2004, 09:30 PM
I gotta go with the Cobra, I've wanted a replica for as long as I can remember, now they are considering building them new, I'll have to start working overtime. :D
i knew someone in indiana down the street from where i lived that had a replica of a cobra(i think) it might have been a real one but those are a million dollars so i don't thin so.

i chose the cobra beause i think it looks a little better than the GT and it's got a V10. plus it's sweet

SL500
01-14-2004, 07:08 AM
Shelby cobra

NoOne
01-14-2004, 08:21 AM
i knew someone in indiana down the street from where i lived that had a replica of a cobra(i think) it might have been a real one but those are a million dollars so i don't thin so.

i chose the cobra beause i think it looks a little better than the GT and it's got a V10. plus it's sweet
A friend of a friend has a Cobra replica, I believe it to be a Superformance kit with a GM 540 monster block, I believe it took him almost a year to build it, but it looks awesome, turns heads like mad and is seriously quick ! ;)

GT500
01-15-2004, 06:36 PM
I'd really go after the GT, the looks will have people chasing you....(not a good thing....but....w/e). The Cobra doesn't appeal to me as much as the old one. GT anyday for meh. ;)

gtface
01-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Its a tough one but im gonna have to say cobra, just cause it has a hundred more horsepower. They probably wont make it though.

NAZCA C2
01-19-2004, 01:48 PM
ill take an original Cobra any day

dupscadi
01-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Cobra, just because it's a convertible...

Home star runner rocks!

Batmobile_Turbo
01-19-2004, 06:54 PM
A friend of a friend has a Cobra replica, I believe it to be a Superformance kit with a GM 540 monster block, I believe it took him almost a year to build it, but it looks awesome, turns heads like mad and is seriously quick ! ;)
sounds wicked, i saw one from a distance in Calgary when we moved back, and i saw a ferarri 308 the same day, it was a good day for cars :cool:

fpv_gtho
01-20-2004, 02:36 AM
if i had to choose between the 2 i'd take the GT. ive always wanted both of them as a replica but the GT looks more stable and a better track car. a company over here called Roaring Fourties is claimed to make the best quality GT40 replica's so im kinda torn between going with a new one and paying almost $AUD200K or paying $AUD110K for a turn key kit car. i havent got hardly enough talent or experience to make the kit car myself, even though they start at a more modest $AUD25K