PDA

View Full Version : Job ideas

CdocZ
04-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Yeah, it's alot like MP's thread, but i do not feel like intruding like that on another person's thread.

I am looking for anything that will bring in money. Can't be a summer job, I won't be around. I am willing to do quite a few things: being a clerk at a store is a nice example, but I would like a few more ideas.

Strength's: Computers, video games (video game store clerk is an idea I am considering), or obviously, anything to do with cars that a 16 year old looking for a job would be given.

Hours cannot be crazy, I get alot of homework to do. Preferably like an hour a day on the weekday's, but up to 6-8 hours on the weekends.

Any ideas? I already have a list of household things I can do, but what I really need is a job.

shr0olvl
04-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't recommend working at a gaming place because all those people there are crusty fat nerds who use all the computer language and well, just plain scary. :p Imma work at CVS cause all you do is basically sit there and talk to other people who are working there and get paid while your talking with you co-workers. So go apply. Now. and get paid to talk to your co-workers... :confused: My brother used to get drunk on the job and steal cigerettes and they either didn't care or didn't know.

600th post, what do I win ?

IBrake4Rainbows
04-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Fast food places are always good for hours; anyone can work there. It's not glamourous or cool but it does get you money.

It's hard to get a good job unless you have experiance in the area; it took me 3 tries to get the job I have now; i can go anywhere in the retail industry because i've been trained.

Start small.

Niko_Fx
04-19-2005, 07:24 PM
An hour a day is something that I doubt you'll find :( Nobody will want to hire you and train you to have you 1 hour a day... You either work at least 3-5 or leave it all to the weekends.

Waiters can make decent amounts of money, Delivery guys as well (I used to make around 45-50 bucks in 3 hours :))

CdocZ
04-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Hmmm........all on weekends sounds better for school, and in that my weekday's will be free........

I am thinking about something perhaps related to computers. That would be my best choice. Anything I could possibly get?

IBrake4Rainbows
04-19-2005, 07:48 PM
Again, Hand in Resumes and the like to all the stores that you would like to work at, ask for the manager, Introduce yourself and say that you are interested in Part time work, and take your chances, alternatively scan the "Wanted" in your paper.

targa
04-19-2005, 07:59 PM
running drugs has always worked out for me

taz_rocks_miami
04-19-2005, 08:27 PM
You could try working at a gas station or at a garage as a machanics trainee. Just my .02 :)

SPHFerrari
04-19-2005, 08:29 PM
running drugs has always worked out for me

me too

Mustang
04-19-2005, 11:13 PM
fast food or supercarket,

IBrake4Rainbows
04-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Retail OWNs, gotta love working for the Reject Shoppe!

NuclearCrap
04-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Try applying at Best Buy, I seen those employees just walk around, talk to each others, and putting stuffs on shelves, that's about it. You can probably take a couple new games with you when you're leaving work and out of others' sight.

Egg Nog
04-20-2005, 12:49 AM
Try applying at Best Buy, I seen those employees just walk around, talk to each others, and putting stuffs on shelves, that's about it. You can probably take a couple new games with you when you're leaving work and out of others' sight.

Wow, great advice - get a minimum wage job, and then commit a criminal act.

ZeTurbo
04-20-2005, 10:12 AM
like niko said, start small, your 16 dude you wont get a job in computers when your still in high school... people go to university for that. are you dumb? do you think people will hire a teenager who wants to get paid to do nothing and work whenever he wants? on top of that handling theyr precious computers?...

i started working for a fast food place (mcdonalds) when i was 15, worked there for 2 years at minimum wage (torture). but the hours where amazing, seriusly, the job sucks but u basically work when you want, and its fun cause you work with people your own age. that is pretty fun.

now ive been working for 2 years in this cleaning company at 13$ per hour, Thats pretty good money for a student. i work on weekends in the morning, still have tim e to enjoy my weekends and study, total of 14 to 21 hours per week.

this summer i will apply in this insurence company my friend works in, and if i get in... Thats 16$ per hour !!!! i hope i get in.

so ...start small, experience will get u places....

lukeh
04-21-2005, 06:46 AM
I would start off by getting experience in a race team or an large car manufacture somewhere were you can learn. Why do you need money at 16 (saving up for a Viper ehh.)

CdocZ
04-21-2005, 07:48 AM
I would start off by getting experience in a race team or an large car manufacture somewhere were you can learn. Why do you need money at 16 (saving up for a Viper ehh.)

Actually, anything that I can afford that I would like to own after/during college. A Viper is a nice dream........but the insurance and gas, if I could afford it in the first place make it just that: a dream. Chances are I will be getting a used M3, or Mustang.

EDIT: Right now I am looking at just being a clerk at some random store.

my porsche
04-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it's alot like MP's thread, but i do not feel like intruding like that on another person's thread.

I am looking for anything that will bring in money. Can't be a summer job, I won't be around. I am willing to do quite a few things: being a clerk at a store is a nice example, but I would like a few more ideas.

Strength's: Computers, video games (video game store clerk is an idea I am considering), or obviously, anything to do with cars that a 16 year old looking for a job would be given.

Hours cannot be crazy, I get alot of homework to do. Preferably like an hour a day on the weekday's, but up to 6-8 hours on the weekends.

Any ideas? I already have a list of household things I can do, but what I really need is a job.
i wouldnt have cared, but since you have your own thread now, good luck