PDA

View Full Version : Bitish rally tarmc championship help

Mustang
04-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Ok so there is this guy in our rally club and he is building one hell of a BRC car, only thing is that he needs an alternator,

can anyone tell me what the smallest alternator in production today on any car is. i was thinking maybee a micro car or smart car ? got any ideas?

thanks

Mustang
04-21-2005, 04:00 PM
oh and i forgot it needs to be 80-100mm diamiter and have an output of between 40 and 85 amps

Mustang
04-22-2005, 07:58 AM
anyone ?

BjD
04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Maybe a motorcycle one?

Cotterik
04-22-2005, 08:46 AM
lol this is the first thread ive seen where its more or less the thread starter talking to himself :P

Matra et Alpine
04-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Problem is most bikes don't use seperate bolt on alternators, instead picking up directly from the crank.
Not sure about cruiser versions :)

How much are you up for paying ??

Fidn local alternator repair re-wiring company and drop in talk to the guy. IF he knows his stuff he'll be able to suggest a good alternative and which pulley size to go for.

Mustang
04-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Problem is most bikes don't use seperate bolt on alternators, instead picking up directly from the crank.
Not sure about cruiser versions :)

How much are you up for paying ??

Fidn local alternator repair re-wiring company and drop in talk to the guy. IF he knows his stuff he'll be able to suggest a good alternative and which pulley size to go for.

Ok this isnt for me its for a guy with who is building a darrian T90 GTR

money really isnt an isse as he went out and spent £400 on the alternator bracket and £1000 on a sequential gear shift stick :p

thing is that darrians done normally run alternators and have a huge 12 - 13 inch pulley on the back with a belt on to compensate, he didnt like the size of that so decided to go for the hard / expensive option

so any alternator that is small really :)

and rik :'( :p