PDA

View Full Version : Kit Cars!!!!!

Suka
01-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Personally i love em! I have one, its a GTM Libra, their site is over at www.gtmcars.com and i hope to get an MK Indy! No idea what the address for their site is but if you search google you will get a few things.
Anybody else got one?

baddabang
01-14-2004, 02:51 PM
i love them to but i dont have one but heres a question i once herd that an ultima gtr can come as a kit car is this true

Batmobile_Turbo
01-14-2004, 05:35 PM
i love them to but i dont have one but heres a question i once herd that an ultima gtr can come as a kit car is this true
i'm pretty sure the Ultima GTR comes in kit form, i think i saw one in a kit car buyers guide.

sandwich
01-14-2004, 05:38 PM
it's the ish....

currently debating whether to sell or build into awd/v8 powered rally racer....

the black one is not mine, but a finished version

Matra et Alpine
01-14-2004, 06:39 PM
Personally i love em! I have one, its a GTM Libra, their site is over at www.gtmcars.com and i hope to get an MK Indy! No idea what the address for their site is but if you search google you will get a few things.
Anybody else got one?

Friend's son has a GTM Rossa and is prepping a blue-printed 1340 engine and thinking about adding Turbo/NOS ( he's a teenager ! )

Nice kits and strong tub.
His dad has a Locost with 1600 BDA which is awesome - we've used it on tarmac rallies to good effect :)

In the UK the insurance is crazy. A 19 year old can insure a Rossa for 1/4 of what it costs me ( 45 and no accidents ) for the A610 ! It is cheaper to insure a fast kit car than a slow family saloon for an 18 year old. But I'm having no success convincing my daughter to give up creature comforts :)

Suka
01-15-2004, 12:59 AM
Friend's son has a GTM Rossa and is prepping a blue-printed 1340 engine and thinking about adding Turbo/NOS ( he's a teenager ! )

Nice kits and strong tub.
His dad has a Locost with 1600 BDA which is awesome - we've used it on tarmac rallies to good effect :)

In the UK the insurance is crazy. A 19 year old can insure a Rossa for 1/4 of what it costs me ( 45 and no accidents ) for the A610 ! It is cheaper to insure a fast kit car than a slow family saloon for an 18 year old. But I'm having no success convincing my daughter to give up creature comforts :)

Yeah i have asked around the insurance companies and found one, for a 17 year old with 3 months driving experience its 500 quid for an mk indy!

As for the Ultima in kit form its true! For a complete kit for a GTR its 15 grand! What a bargin!

Egg Nog
01-15-2004, 01:12 AM
My Favorite Kit Car right now is the K1 Attack... but I really love the look of the GTM Libra! That's a new one to me!

Scientist
01-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Is the Radical a kitcar? I thought so...www.radicalmotorsport.com

The Radical SR3 Turbo is so nice...It weighs almost nothing and it has a turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa engine with 320 bhp!

It has the laprecord at the Nordschleife btw... :D

bum-man
01-15-2004, 01:10 PM
what a frame how in the crap is this anyway related to the accord.

http://www.autotuning.cz/supersport/k1attack/pictures/attack007.jpg

Matra et Alpine
01-15-2004, 03:36 PM
what a frame how in the crap is this anyway related to the accord.

Because one of the engine options is the Honda Accord - dropped into the rear.
The other I think is a Ford but not sure which one.

Most of the suspension parts are provided with their kit, unlike some others which can use many parts of the donor vehicle.

Seems that all this uses of the Accord IS the engine and transmission, so it's not as big a kit/donor relationship as other kits.

Nice though.

Suka
01-16-2004, 12:54 AM
My Favorite Kit Car right now is the K1 Attack... but I really love the look of the GTM Libra! That's a new one to me!

Hm..The libra has been around for at least 3-4 years now! As for the attack its amazing what the scandinavians can do. I went to the Donnington kit car show to see it but it was away in switzerland at the time!!

NAZCA C2
01-19-2004, 02:02 PM
i like the Caterham Superlight, great performance and classic looks

BMW Lover
01-19-2004, 03:25 PM
its really nice car
by the way
im lookin' for a good site for classic cars
some1 can help me ?
:confused:

Suka
01-20-2004, 02:48 AM

This is the MK Indy!

http://www.m-keenan.freeserve.co.uk/builtindy.jpg

jameswithington
01-20-2004, 06:19 PM
As for the Ultima in kit form its true! For a complete kit for a GTR its 15 grand! What a bargin!

The Ultima 15 grand 'complete kit' is actually a complete chassis kit, ie no engine or transaxle! Still, I guess trying to source a big chevy V8 and Porsche transaxle is part of the fun. Building a top spec' Ultima will probably cost closer to 40k, but it's still one hell of a bargain if you're a half competent mechanic. Even buying a fully factory built turnkey GTR (£70000) is still an absolute bargain considering it could eat 996 Turbos and Ferrari 360s for breakfast any day of the week!

Suka
01-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Well i have learnt how to put in my own pics!
This is my Libra. Plus what it looks like if you write on off, in a dramatic way.

Mikewantsarossa
09-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Hi there, I am 19 years old and seeking a GTM rossa mk3 or K3. I believe the one Matra et alpine refers to is that stunning yellow rossa mk2 that just sold on ebay. That was my dream car but i couldn't view it as my parents were away at the time. I was gutted. Did anyone else go to Donnington park this weekend (4th and 5th Sept)??

Ethermaster
09-07-2004, 05:27 AM
I have a mate which build a caterham super 7 and its quick .... really quick left a R1 standing off the lights. lol the look on the bikers face was priceless.

Matra et Alpine
09-07-2004, 06:33 AM
I have a mate which build a caterham super 7 and its quick .... really quick left a R1 standing off the lights. lol the look on the bikers face was priceless.
well, either it was wet ...

... or , more likely, that 'look' on the biker's face was a "what a twat" look :)

You shouldn't race off the lights. It's dangerous.
Go to local drag strip and compare then :)

At Crail a stock R1 was 3 seconds faster than Caterham on the 1/4 and terminal speed was about 30mph SLOWER. So it's all made up in the first 100 yards where the power/weight wins.

As someone who has a fast car and a 'slow' bike, I'd still take my bike to win up to the speed limit :)