PDA

View Full Version : Champion's League 3 - semi finals

ZeTurbo
04-22-2005, 11:17 AM
CL1 (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10388&highlight=champion%27s+League)
CL2 (http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10388&highlight=champion%27s+League)
so the english prevailed....

Liverpool beat Juve in an exiting game in liverpool but played it safe in Turin and Juve are OUT!

Chelsea easily beat bayern munich in 2 spectacular legs.

PSV eliminated Lyon in a penalty shoot out. lyon should have been through, surprise of the week. psv coach's experience was the obvious deciding factior over leGuen's all out atack formula.

and Finally we have Milan who just seem unbeatable this year...

and so there are 4... who will do it this year?

ZeTurbo
04-22-2005, 11:20 AM
because chelsea are jus playing spectacular football i vote for chelsea again... even though Milan are also in top shape.
i would like a final Chelsea vs Milan,

Rockefella
04-22-2005, 11:32 AM
I picked Chelsea, saw 2 or 3 of their games this year when I get the opportunity to watch. They're playing real well.

derekthetree
04-22-2005, 12:11 PM
come on you reds :D

jorismo
04-22-2005, 12:16 PM
I live in Eindhoven and I go see every game of PSV. I was also there when the eliminated Lyon, that was one hell of a night... sow my vote goes of course to PSV. (who will win the league title this saturday against Vitesse Arnhem)

6'bore
04-22-2005, 12:19 PM
I'd love for liverpool to do it but I have to say the experience, talent and tactics will prevail for AC Milan.

Clique
04-22-2005, 12:28 PM
My heart say LIVERPOOL...
My brain says MILAN..
Lets hope my brain is wrong as usual!!!
C'MON REDS!!!!!!!!

Cotterik
04-22-2005, 04:40 PM
I support liverpool so im cheering them all the way! Hate chelsea, the way they pay for talent and have no passion like liverpool do, liverpool deserve to win it, and are capable of doing it.

jorismo
04-23-2005, 05:30 AM
What do you guys have against PSV??

ZeTurbo
04-23-2005, 12:48 PM
Nothing.
psv have the benefit of a VERY experienced coach, that will serve them well in these BIG games.

ok, i know that its kind of playing it dirty for chelsea. but HOLLY COW ! it works fuking well! not to mention Mourinho is one of the beast coaches in the sport at the moment.

Rijoh
04-24-2005, 07:25 AM
Nothing.
psv have the benefit of a VERY experienced coach, that will serve them well in these BIG games.

ok, i know that its kind of playing it dirty for chelsea. but HOLLY COW ! it works fuking well! not to mention Mourinho is one of the beast coaches in the sport at the moment.
And what knows someone from Canada about European football :rolleyes:

PSV has a great team who really deserve to win the CL :cool:
Chelsea plays boring football, just like Porto did last year, it works but it's boring to watch. So sad Barcelona didn't beat them earlier :(

jorismo
04-24-2005, 10:22 AM
And I'm very happy to report to you all that PSV has won the league title yesterday. :D

ZeTurbo
04-24-2005, 10:34 PM
And what knows someone from Canada about European football :rolleyes:

PSV has a great team who really deserve to win the CL :cool:
Chelsea plays boring football, just like Porto did last year, it works but it's boring to watch. So sad Barcelona didn't beat them earlier :(
first off, what does a guy from the nederlands know about canadian people.

secnod off, im not canadian.

third off, whattellls u they deserve to win the CL?

chelsea plays boring football? porto played boring football last year? i am sorry but chelsea (and porto last year) do NOT play boring football. organised in the back, control the midfield and score lots of goals.

so boring heh? not like juve ... sooo fun to whatch.

Rijoh
04-25-2005, 01:56 AM
chelsea plays boring football? porto played boring football last year? i am sorry but chelsea (and porto last year) do NOT play boring football. organised in the back, control the midfield and score lots of goals.

so boring heh? not like juve ... sooo fun to whatch.
Well, Chelsea doesn't score many goals in the Premiership, they win almost every match with 1-0. In the CL they score more goals that's true but they still play defensive (boring) football. There's only one player that makes the play from Chelsea worth to watch, Robben (ex-PSV ;) )
And with all the money from Abramovic it isn't very hard to win because Chelsea can afford every good player. So that's why PSV with the smallest budget deserve it the most.

Misho
04-25-2005, 05:51 AM
And with all the money from Abramovic it isn't very hard to win because Chelsea can afford every good player.

i only have to comment with 2 words: Real Madrid

Rijoh
04-25-2005, 06:24 AM
i only have to comment with 2 words: Real Madrid
True, Real Madrid can also afford every player, but they're out.

forza_autodelta
04-25-2005, 06:28 AM
PSV Eindoven

ZeTurbo
04-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Well, Chelsea doesn't score many goals in the Premiership, they win almost every match with 1-0. In the CL they score more goals that's true but they still play defensive (boring) football. There's only one player that makes the play from Chelsea worth to watch, Robben (ex-PSV ;) )
And with all the money from Abramovic it isn't very hard to win because Chelsea can afford every good player. So that's why PSV with the smallest budget deserve it the most.
yeah robben contributed SO much to their current capaign. having come back from an injury last few days, after being out for weeks.

and he is NOT the main factor in chelsea's success... what about Damien Duff, Joe Cole, Makelele, gudjonson and all the other players who play theyr guts out? yes robben is good, but he is definately not the deciding factor in Chelseas success.
also, with gs goals scored in 34 matches i am afrais it is mathematically impossible for them to win every game by 1-0. linky (http://www.uefa.com/FootballCentral/FixturesResults/Country=ENG/League=1035/Standings.html)

like misho pointed out, money does not necessarily mean success, look at REAL Madrid and Manchester united

So that's why PSV with the smallest budget deserve it the most.
so if ur logic is correct, the teams with the smalles budget should win?

you guys barely made it through against Lyon. i would have rather see Lyon in your place.

jorismo
04-25-2005, 10:32 AM
you guys barely made it through against Lyon. i would have rather see Lyon in your place.

Yes, but we were surely the better team during the 2nd match...

Misho
04-25-2005, 01:37 PM
since were on the topic of who "should" win, then i really think it should have been Barcelona. but they're out and out of the remaining 4 i voted for Chelsea. i dont see how they play boring soccer. my only concern against them is the coach's attitude. i wouldnt want seeing someone with such an attitude win, even though he is an excellent coach. we all saw what he did during last year's CL, truly unimaginable. but that is the world of today's soccer, unimaginable. who would of expected Turkey and South Korea to finish third and fourth in a world cup ?!

PSV are playing good soccer, but i guess we'll have to wait and see how far they can go.

Juventus seem like a logical choice for winning the cup. even in the 2002 world cup with all its crazy scores, the final ended up pretty traditional. so should we expect a Chelsea versus Juventus final ?

Liverpool just dont seem like a championship team at the moment. i am not sure what is it that theyre missing. a legendary coach? team spirit? highly influential player to lead the team?

Rijoh
04-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Juventus seem like a logical choice for winning the cup. even in the 2002 world cup with all its crazy scores, the final ended up pretty traditional. so should we expect a Chelsea versus Juventus final ?

Juventus is already out dude :p

Misho
04-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Juventus is already out dude :p

i thought u guys were talking stanley cup in here, sorry i guess !! :D

and i even mentioned it twice !! the funny thing is that when i was typing it, i got a strange feeling. i had Milan in mind, but i just typed Juventus. ah well, i never said Italian was my strong point !!

Plutus
04-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Chelsea - Milan final, Milan to win. Liverpool don't stand a chance after falling to the mighty Palace :)

ZeTurbo
04-26-2005, 03:41 PM
since were on the topic of who "should" win, then i really think it should have been Barcelona. but they're out and out of the remaining 4 i voted for Chelsea. i dont see how they play boring soccer. my only concern against them is the coach's attitude. i wouldnt want seeing someone with such an attitude win, even though he is an excellent coach. we all saw what he did during last year's CL, truly unimaginable. but that is the world of today's soccer, unimaginable. who would of expected Turkey and South Korea to finish third and fourth in a world cup ?!

PSV are playing good soccer, but i guess we'll have to wait and see how far they can go.

i understand what u are saying, i feel the same way, look at las summer's EURO, wtf was that greek team all about? evryone knows portugal deserved to win, but thats the way it is now in soccer. Not unimaginable, its just that small teams are not affraid of the big ones anymore.
10 years ago, if u put Italy in front Of Greece, the greek would shit theyr pants!!! nowadays those boundaries have been broken, and i personally think its beneficial for the game.
this summers greece playing was anti footbal, they didint play well, they just sat there and waited the game out. if it werent for Portugal's STUPID STUPID STUPID keeper that final would have been a different story. but that is another debate.

Liverpool just dont seem like a championship team at the moment. i am not sure what is it that theyre missing. a legendary coach? team spirit? highly influential player to lead the team?
legendary coach? Benitez is one of the best coaches in europe.
team spirit ? maybe
influencial player? they have several, just having STEVENGHERARD in the midfield is one hell of a decisive factor( did u guys see that goal in the last game of the group stage against panathinakos??? WOW!!), not to mention cisse, Baros, Luis Garcia and Hyypia.

Liverpool are still a young team, and in the next few years i see them winning A LOT of thinks, like Lyon, if they manage to keep theyr players home and healthy.

ZeTurbo
04-27-2005, 02:11 PM
First leg is done.

Milan Killed PSV, as expected, a bit disapointing actually, i expected PSV to giv Milan some trouble. at -0 its going to be pretty hard for Psv to get back into it.

Liverpool just Drawed with Chelsea, that was an interesting game. Leaves it all open for the second leg.

6'bore
04-27-2005, 02:22 PM
First leg of Chelsea vs. Liverpool is done

0-0. Which sets it up for an awsome second leg at Anfield, where I have a feelnig Liverpool will nick it.

:D

ZeTurbo
04-28-2005, 03:00 PM
how many times has liverpool played chelsea this season? and what were the scores?

6'bore
04-29-2005, 11:06 AM
THey have played them three times, and Liverpool are yet to win. Can't specify scores.

Suka
04-29-2005, 11:10 AM
I was hoping there was an "Anyone but Chelsea" option to vote for. I feel they have spoilt it a bit, they haven't worked really hard at winning like other teams they have brought all the good players.

6'bore
04-29-2005, 11:14 AM
I was hoping there was an "Anyone but Chelsea" option to vote for. I feel they have spoilt it a bit, they haven't worked really hard at winning like other teams they have brought all the good players.

I agree fully. They dont win anything, they buy a whole new team. It kind of defies the point for me.

Koenigsegg_CC
05-01-2005, 10:35 AM

Shut up, you haven't a clue what you are talking about

Rockefella
05-01-2005, 11:03 AM
That's a good way to make friends, oh... btw, you're probably banned for a day because of that. :) Cheers.

ZeTurbo
05-02-2005, 07:26 AM
agreed.

GOOD PLAYERS ARE NOTHING WITHOUT HARD WORK.

like misho pointed out, look at Real madrid.
Beckam was amazing before he became u superstar.

Chelsea bought many players but they didint buty superstars (except for drogba maybe) they bought hard working smart players.

now i fail to see hiow different their strategie is from Milan's( jaap stam, and Crespo were MAJOR signings) strategie or Liverpool's strategy (after a new coach, they bought Xabi Alonso, Cisse, and miguel Garcia, not to mention Baros last year).

if your team is going to perform you have to get good players. Chelseas level of football was below evryone elses, they therefore bought more players than anyone else.
you cat take credit away from them, money does not buy a cup, a premiership and a CRAZY champion's league run. Hard work and Good coaching does.

Suka
05-02-2005, 01:28 PM
I know exactly what i am talking about. I know they work hard as a team but when i saw a team sheet the other day only two players were on it that played for the team before the Russian Revolution.

ZeTurbo
05-02-2005, 07:48 PM
nobody said squat when barcelona bought all those dutch players a few years back.
nobody said anything when Barcelona bought ronaldinho, giuly, deco, Larsson and Maxi Lopez this year.

ZeTurbo
05-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Liverpool win the battle of England!!

great game, liverpool were obviously the better team as chelsea played very sloppy! maybe they celebrated a bit too much after wining the premiership :p

Misho
05-04-2005, 07:12 AM
i wont really call it a "great game". actually i think it sucked. didnt really fulfill my expectations for a game of such magnitude. but yeah i guess Liverpool deserved to win. although that shot in the 95th minute could of made things much more interesting !!

ah well, i guess its another CL trophy for AC Milan !! :)

derekthetree
05-04-2005, 07:46 AM
as i said before...

come on you reds :D

:D :D

henk4
05-04-2005, 07:55 AM
i wont really call it a "great game". actually i think it sucked. didnt really fulfill my expectations for a game of such magnitude.

it was typical english style football, in spite of all the foreigners running around there, because that is what they did, just running and forgot to let the ball do the work. Very low quality soccer. Liverpools' early goal was killing because they lacked the quality to attack and Chelsea always wins from counters, and now had to make the game by themselves and failed.

Cotterik
05-04-2005, 08:29 AM
i think it was a great match, had me on my toes for the whole 90 minutes! its a great moment for me seeing as i support liverpool, it will be a match of italian vs english football if milan make it to the final. anything could happen, but liverpool fully deserve this cup. Would be great for the fans

Koenigsegg_CC
05-04-2005, 08:41 AM
I know exactly what i am talking about. I know they work hard as a team but when i saw a team sheet the other day only two players were on it that played for the team before the Russian Revolution.

True, but you said they don't really work very hard, when it is quite clear that they do: you just said so yourself :p Anyway, Chelsea are out now (nooooo) so let's hope Liverpool win; Liverpool deserve to win something this year, just like Chelsea did IMO.

ZeTurbo
05-04-2005, 10:48 AM
when i said it was a great game i meant that it was ineteresting untill the very final.

its funy, as henk said, that it was english still football eventhough the coaches and maybe half of the players are not english.

Chelsea let me down. dont know if it was fatigue or if they just didint want it bad enough, or bad luck... whatever it was, they didint play theyr best, and it scks for them to go out not having played theyr best.

not to mention all the confusion concerning the goal.

also, Gudjohnson would have scored 95% of the time with chance like he had in the dying moments of the game.

liverpool are good but AC Milan are better. AC will IMO. but its going to be an interesting final.

QuattroMan
05-04-2005, 01:01 PM
AC Milan all the way i will like to see them win..

dydzi
05-04-2005, 01:33 PM
milaaan scoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooores!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

dydzi
05-04-2005, 01:34 PM
oh no, eindoven scores two :eek:

oh well, milan won anyway :D

henk4
05-04-2005, 11:23 PM
oh no, eindoven scores two :eek:

oh well, milan won anyway :D

they scored three, and went out very undeservedly after having taught Milan some soccer lessons for 89 minutes. A shame this team will fall apart next year as some major players will finish their contract and will leave the club for free, without generating any transfer money. In Holland we cannot afford to have clubs with zillions of debt and still continue playing :)

derekthetree
05-04-2005, 11:55 PM
that game was so harsh last night. psv totally dominate all 89 minutes and then ac milan nick and easy goal. i was looking forward to an interesting final between liverpool and psv but now we get one of those boring defensive italian teams :(

liverpool will win though :)