PDA

View Full Version : 4 rounds down, what are you expecting now?

fpv_gtho
04-25-2005, 03:35 AM
4 rounds gone now for F1 and although its been a Renault whitewash, theres definately been alot of action behind them. Already BAR and Ferrari have turned a dismal start around and finised 2nd and 3rd at Imola. For the rest of the season, these are my predictions:

Schumacher, Button and Raikonnen will be chasing Alonso down right to the end, where either could win but it will probably be only by 10 points or less.

Button will get his maiden win in the refined 007 around mid season

Toyota and Williams will both probably introduce a "B" spec car towards the middle of the season, Toyota with money to burn and results to chase, and Williams in desperate search for downforce after their wind tunnel calibration issue.

Villeneuve for much of the season will continue as he has now, certain tracks struggle badly but at others he'll be in strong points contention.

Minardi will give it their all to get the PS05 faster than Jordans TJ15 (is that what the chassis' called?), just for another massive cash injection by the Midland group to boost the team up closer to Sauber and Red Bull.

What does everyone else think/predict will happen?

lukeh
04-25-2005, 06:52 AM
deffenently michael. mannn did you see how fast he was last weekend i sat there the whole race shaking my head at how bad webber was and how good michael was. he passed the bmw's like they were standing still!!!!!! but Renault have got a healthy lead and the car seems to be alot better but the ferrari is 1 year ahead off all other teams i think.

Rockefella
04-25-2005, 07:01 AM
I'm the last person to predict anything... considering I've never seen an entire F1 race but here goes. Alonso will win 3 more races, 1 next week, the second 5 races from now, the last in the closing leg of the season. Schumacher wins 4: 2-straight starting 2 weeks from now and will finish up on the podium for the rest of the season. Raikkonen will hit the podium 2-3 times, maybe come out with 1 win. Button won't get a win, maybe a few podiums. BMW's going to own the middle. Sauber/Minardi/Red Bull will close off the grid at the back. This is entirely for fun (my prediction) so don't quote me and flame me.

lukeh
04-25-2005, 07:16 AM
and BMW

SlickHolden
04-25-2005, 07:20 AM
Yes last night micheal took a big turn in the right direction, His car is on the money now and he looks like he might just have the car to get on and challange for the tilte,

But as they get up i really must say and it pains me to. But williams is going backwards.
Webbers race was bad last night and his team mate wasn't much better.
They really need to get that car up on the speed for the race, They have been saying that they dont have and traction at the rear yet. They also look like they might be down on speed, Every time webber is under pressure the rear goes first and he slips back all the time. Fix wind tunnel problems number 1 thing to do:D

Kimi was looking very good till he wen't out. And wasn't happy about that. Would have been a great finnish with kimi micheal and alonso fighting for 1st. But it was great still just with micheal and alonso:)

lukeh
04-25-2005, 07:27 AM
I dont think it is all wiliams. i feel bad to say this but i think Webber is not such a good driver every race this year he get good qualifaction and then when he gets put under pressure he losses it. the car is good look at the qualification times. I think Toyota is getting alot better they just need the right driver.

SlickHolden
04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
Anyone can have a fast car for 2-3 laps but try get that car fast over a hole race it's very hard.
But with there wind tunnel issue's and not getting grip to the ground he would loose massive grip over a race, As they say you loose grip getting the car sideways and if he has to drive that car hard to keep up his tyres will suffer in the end.

blackcat77
04-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Probably a return to All-Schumi-All-the-Time like it's been forever. It's been a pleasant change but Ferrari has too much money to be stopped for long.

lukeh
04-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Probably a return to All-Schumi-All-the-Time like it's been forever. It's been a pleasant change but Ferrari has too much money to be stopped for long.
not really, this year ferrari spends 300 milion euro and toyota 400 milion euro.

Quiggs
04-25-2005, 09:35 AM
If this week is any indication, a whole lot of the same as last year... I'll stick with my oval racing. :)

lukeh
04-25-2005, 09:39 AM
If this week is any indication, a whole lot of the same as last year... I'll stick with my oval racing. :)
I know where your coming from. i think i will stick with my wrc.

Rockefella
04-25-2005, 09:48 AM
Werd. Jeff Gordon for life. :)

Vindesh17
04-25-2005, 02:38 PM
and I'll stick with my nba playoffs.

byronleehk
04-25-2005, 02:55 PM
and I'll stick with my nba playoffs.

I know this doesn't belong here but I can't resists...SORRY :p

So Vindesh, who's gonna win this year?

fpv_gtho
04-26-2005, 12:51 AM
I dont think it is all wiliams. i feel bad to say this but i think Webber is not such a good driver every race this year he get good qualifaction and then when he gets put under pressure he losses it. the car is good look at the qualification times. I think Toyota is getting alot better they just need the right driver.

The facts are pointing more towards Williams at fault than BMW or the drivers. So Webber qualified 4th, Heidfeld still only qualified 10th or so. Webbers car was seriously losing power in the 2nd half of that race, even if he didnt make those 2 mistakes before his race was over. Just look at the times, when Schumacher and Button lapped both Williams leading up to the final pitstop, they were right behind each other. Webber ended up finishing about 10 seconds behind Heidfeld by the end of the race and probably having to defend from Liuzzi

SlickHolden
04-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Todays paper he was saying his tyres were nackerd.
But they all don't shy away from the fact that they are not happy being down they will fight back as soon as they get some downforce to help keep them tyres more in tacked. He isn't the type of guy to sit behind and follow he will push and at the Mo it's killing his tyres when he does cause they just don't have it 100% yet.

fpv_gtho
04-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Well Williams are down on downforce to the other big teams, and when they level up they get the increase in drag....But Michelin on a whole probably brought too soft a compound, Schuey's tyres stayed together right to the end which probably accounted for how he kept the pressure right on Alonso

labomba
04-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Its all about Tyres.... The most crucial thing at the moment is the testing restriction that every team apart form Ferrari are sticking to.

All teams apart from Ferrari have agreed a 30 day testing restriction for the 2005 season.
Ferrari keeps on testing however, and often runs 3 different cars on 3 different tracks at the same time!!!!
So far this season, Ferrari have tested for 20days (up to the 4th race) This mileage is the most important for testing and developing the most important thing for race pace.... Tyres
Of course its crucial to be reliable and finish the race (Kimi)

If Ferrari continue to test at this pace, then they will clock up 90+ days testing to everyone elses 30...

(That explains Bridgestones up turn in performance)
But I don't think the testing agreement will last for long if Ferrari and Bridgestone look to be running away with it...

SlickHolden
04-27-2005, 03:12 PM
Well Williams are down on downforce to the other big teams, and when they level up they get the increase in drag....But Michelin on a whole probably brought too soft a compound, Schuey's tyres stayed together right to the end which probably accounted for how he kept the pressure right on Alonso
And such a hard place to make a pass on, 1-2 misstakes and your back in 9th:(.
Could take them till next year to fix there downforce the way they are going.

fpv_gtho
04-28-2005, 01:27 AM
They have the facilities to turn them around, but i dont think they'll be able to be able to win before midseason. Renault, Ferrari, BAR and McLaren are just too strong, and Toyota simply has too much money :p