PDA

View Full Version : Finished: Lotus Esprit S1

Dino Scuderia
04-30-2005, 06:10 PM
This a quick build of the Nichimo kit. Could have made a lot better job of it if I had taken my time to correct some things. Overall it's a pretty good kit, mainly the body is well proportioned. I changed the wheels to a set of Fujimi BBS type, and made a new windshield....the glass in this kit isn't very clear.

It's a motorized chassis so it doesn't have a full engine...just a molded upper that can be detail painted and has seperate carbs.

I painted it with Testors Gloss Red lacquer in the bottle and cleared with Tamiya TS13. Testors red is a nice color and could easily be used for Rosso Corsa on Ferrari's or Guards Red on Porsches. Cut the base off of Tamiya's Europa mirrors and used them instead of the stem type, I've seen S1's with either...also used the LOTUS metal transfers from that kit.(had a spare Europa kit).

The interior is basically a full one eventhough it's motorized, I painted it Buff and Dragon Black Acryl.

I made a messy go of it here and there but if you're an Esprit fan this is the best kit of the S1 in 1/24 scale.

Manik
04-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Wow another great job as usual Dino!:D

Although I am not a very big fan of this body Espirit I still admire your model greatly.

Great job!

dydzi
05-01-2005, 08:55 AM
where's the bagde? or i should say, what's that istead of it?

Dino Scuderia
05-01-2005, 04:08 PM
where's the bagde? or i should say, what's that istead of it?

The S1 didn't have the badge just a Lotus decal, it just doesn't read well in the lighting effects I got in the picture.