PDA

View Full Version : Ultimatecarpage.com GT4 Challenge *tsukuba*

Roy Visser
05-02-2005, 02:56 AM
This might be the First of many, but that all depends on the quantity of people in these Challenges (Its no fun racing a challenge on your own ;))

Rules
- Arcade Mode
- Time Trial
- Quicktune is allowed, so 20% more BHP, 10% less Weight
- NO MORE THEN 2 TIRES OF THE TRACK, CURBS ARE TRACK!
- No touching walls
- No opponents
- Make sure your time is 100% clean before posting it!

*these challenges should be for fun, and to see who is the fastest on these boards, do think of that before posting a time in which you cheated*

Challenge 1: Tsukuba
for the first (and hopefully not the last) challenge, i chose a circuit which is a reallife circuit, and used alot in BEST MOTORING shows.

http://www.granturismo.no/images/gran_turismo/gt4/tracks/thumbs/tsukuba_165x168.gif
BMW M3 '2004'
Chevrolet Corvette Gran Sport (C4) '1996'
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '2000'
FPV GT '2004'
Honda NSX Type S Zero '1999'
Jaguar XKR R-Performance '2002'
Jaguar S-Type R '2002'
Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD) '2000'
Mazda RX-8 Type S '2003'
Mercedes Benz CLK55 AMG '2000'
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII GSR '2001'
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII GSR '2003'
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) '2002'
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Sti Version V (GC) '1998'
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Sti Version VI (GC) '1999'
Toyota Supra RZ '1997'

there should be a car between there for Euro's, Asians, Americans and Aussies

And to keep the laptimes a little bit near BM's times, the tire choice will be:
CHANGE IN TIRES
SPORTS MEDIUM

laptimes will be edited and posted in the post below!

(i might decide to divide 4WD and RWD cars, but i dont know yet!)

I hope everybody will enjoy this!

Roy Visser
05-02-2005, 02:57 AM
1- PoRsChEnUt--------------Honda NSX Type S Zero '1999'---------0'58.895
2- Peroen-------------------Bmw M3 '2004'------------------------0'59.117
3- PoRsChEnUt--------------Mazda RX8 Type S '2003'--------------1'00.215
4- NAZCA C2----------------BMW M3 '2004'------------------------1'00.303
5- PoRsChEnUt--------------Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '2000'-----------1'00.854
6- Quiggs-------------------BMW M3 '2004'------------------------1'01.036
7- my porsche--------------BMW M3 '2004'-------------------------1'05.103

spi-ti-tout
05-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Why don't I have GT4? :(

Rockefella
05-02-2005, 05:46 AM
How will we have proof of whether or not people used all tarmac and tires?

Roy Visser
05-02-2005, 05:56 AM
How will we have proof of whether or not people used all tarmac and tires? That will depend on the maturity of the people. I myself am proud when im the fastest, i wont feel proud if i am the fastest by cheating.

i'll post (crappy) videos of my laps :)

ruim20
05-02-2005, 07:03 AM
How the hell am i supost to do the lap times if i don't have the cars to do it with...???

Mustang
05-02-2005, 07:33 AM
could i use a peugeot ?

Roy Visser
05-02-2005, 08:59 AM
could i use a peugeot ? Only the cars in this list due to Power To Weight Ratio factors

How the hell am i supost to do the lap times if i don't have the cars to do it with...???
the M3, and merc are for sure standard in the arcade garage, if you wish to use the other cars, you have to buy them in GT mode, in order to unlock them for Arcade mode!

Roy Visser
05-02-2005, 09:23 AM
BMW M3 '2004' : 1'01.108

very sharp time btw, just did 15 laps, and im managing 1'01.302

Oversteer fun btw :)

those Normal tires are alot of fun, with sport tires the M3 has the tendency to understeer, with these, its oversteer joy :)

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Why do I feel like if I don't get this game, I will be very sorry about it.

Anyone know anything about how PS2 racing wheels connect? And if it is not through the PS2's USB ports, know any company that sells adapters so it can be used with computer and/or xbox? I have checked amazon.com, curcuit city, best buy, and several other stores, and I have googled it to, yet I have not found anything.

Quiggs
05-02-2005, 09:35 AM
It connects through the USB ports. Just get the game, you know you want to.

RazaBlade
05-02-2005, 10:01 AM
which tyres did you have on the M3? When you select Normal tyres, there isn't 1,2,3 theres Road and Sports...which one???

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 10:26 AM
It connects through the USB ports. Just get the game, you know you want to.

I know I want the game, but I also want a steering wheel that works on at least two of my 3 gaming systems: Computer, Xbox, PS2. And as I can't get the racing wheel just yet, I decided I would wait a bit before I got the game.

Quiggs
05-02-2005, 10:34 AM
I know I want the game, but I also want a steering wheel that works on at least two of my 3 gaming systems: Computer, Xbox, PS2. And as I can't get the racing wheel just yet, I decided I would wait a bit before I got the game.
Weaksauce. Dooooooo iiiiiiit. :) It's not that bad running with the DS2; I've been doing it since GT3.

There weren't Normal Sports tires. So I ran on the default ones (Sports Medium). If you meant something different, I'll re-run it.

BMW M3, 1:01.036

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Ok, I DO know that i will definitely buy the game. It's just the racing wheel that I am concerned about. Chances are I can get the game within a week or two. It's just the racing wheel.......someone has to have info. about racing wheels in this particular area.

Roy Visser
05-02-2005, 02:08 PM
you should definitely play around with the traction control settings, i find that if i take the time to do it manually without the help of the computer, I can almost always control the car better and accelerate and turn more precisely.

Toyota Supra RZ '1997' : 1'01.369

if you can play around with the TCS settings, it means your driving the car in GT mode, which isnt allowed. Arcade mode only has one setting which means ON or OFF.

btw, i use no AIDS at all, takes the fun out of the pedal control

PEOPLE DONT FORGET TIMES SHOULD ONLY BE RUN IN ARCADE MODE!

Roy Visser
05-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Since people cant seem to work out the tires I chose ;), lets just keep it to the Default tires. Which are Sports Medium

so you are lucky mr Quiggs :)

Quiggs
05-02-2005, 02:21 PM
My time won't stand anyway. There's at least another second out there with the M3, and the Corvette was right on par with the BMW.

I don't think I have all the cars unlocked in Arcade, which kind of surprised me since I'm well over 50% through. The Subarus weren't there and neither was the NSX.

Niko_Fx
05-02-2005, 02:25 PM
You should ask ppl to PM you their lap times and you can reveal them by the end of the week or so, or else we'll have some trying 'till they get better lap times than the people who already post it... or may come up with an invented lap time...

Just a small suggestion.

Esperante
05-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Since Forza just came out today, I say we do this with that too! Hell, why not PGR2 in addition? That way there could be a broad range of entrants! I'm going to go start a PGR2 challenge, if you don't mind me brutally ripping off your idea and adapting it to xBox. :o

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 02:38 PM
Since Forza just came out today, I say we do this with that too! Hell, why not PGR2 in addition? That way there could be a broad range of entrants! I'm going to go start a PGR2 challenge, if you don't mind me brutally ripping off your idea and adapting it to xBox. :o

I just rented that game (PGR2).....it's realistic in the handling and all, but ALL the cars redline at 8,000RPM for some reason? And the Enzo is suddenly a 230mph supercar on "The Ring"? Just some wierd little details they decided to forget about it seems.....

EDIT: Ok, just realized not ALL the cars redline at 8,000.......It seems to be done by class, where they redline. All the "track specials", "supercars", "extremes", and "ultimates" all redline at 8,000 though. So wierd. Also, the turbo/superchargers are somehow always providing MAXIMUM power everywhere in the rev band after 1,500 RPM? :confused:

Peroen
05-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Bmw M3 ------------> 0'59.117

Esperante
05-02-2005, 02:48 PM
CdocZ, the Ring isn't even on PGR2, and I've never been able to get the Enzo above 218 on the longest straightaway in the game, the 1.4 mile long Nurburgring straight.

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 02:50 PM
CdocZ, the Ring isn't even on PGR2, and I've never been able to get the Enzo above 218 on the longest straightaway in the game, the 1.4 mile long Nurburgring straight.

That's what I call Nurburgring :p

It's ring shaped, and Nurburgring is ridiculously annoying to type, say, and even think :p

Don't ask how, but on that very straight I got way above the Enzo's confirmed speed record.

EDIT: And I also didn't know there was another track nicknamed "the ring". What's this tracks real name?

baddabang
05-02-2005, 02:53 PM
You should ask ppl to PM you their lap times and you can reveal them by the end of the week or so, or else we'll have some trying 'till they get better lap times than the people who already post it... or may come up with an invented lap time...

Just a small suggestion.

I agree, Screenshots should be taken too. Of the screen with the times.

Just my two cents.

Esperante
05-02-2005, 02:56 PM
That's what I call Nurburgring :p

It's ring shaped, and Nurburgring is ridiculously annoying to type, say, and even think :p
EDIT: And I also didn't know there was another track nicknamed "the ring". What's this tracks real name?
Don't ever call Nurburgring that. HUGE difference. The real 'ring' is the Nardo test track in Nardo, Italy. It's a giant ring. That's where most car companies put their cars out to test top speeds.

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 02:58 PM
Don't ever call Nurburgring that. HUGE difference. The real 'ring' is the Nardo test track in Nardo, Italy. It's a giant ring. That's where most car companies put their cars out to test top speeds.

Oh, damn, forgot about Nardo. Isn't that where the Mclaren and the Koenigsegg made their records?

Is there a usable nickname for the Nurburgring? It feels like every time I think about that track, the word "Nurburgeringingurgingruburgring" goes through my head :p

Peroen
05-02-2005, 03:02 PM
I just keep calling it the ring :p

Roy Visser
05-02-2005, 03:02 PM
I agree, Screenshots should be taken too. Of the screen with the times.

Just my two cents.

Pictures should be doable for all though, Im not gonna reveal the laptimes at a later time, that would give me an unfair advantage. Almost everybody nowadays owns a Digicam or a Phone with camera. I say we go for pictures of the times. When you drive a best laptime, and go back to the menu by pressing Exit, you will see the following screen, which shows Tires, Power, Time and Car.

please make a picture of it when you drive a fast time!

BTW, i can stand secure for Peroens laptimes, i can check his times irl, but i wont need to, cos he's like me. Cheating = for lamers!

Quiggs
05-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Told you my time wouldn't last. :)

Roy Visser
05-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Told you my time wouldn't last. :)

:)

btw the reason you dont have all cars in Arcade mode is that you simply havent bought them in GT mode!, once you bought them there, they will be unlocked in Arcade mode :)

Quiggs
05-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Didn't know that. Thanks. :)

BTW, did you ever get your new wheels for your real car?

Peroen
05-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Bmw M3 ------------> 0'59.117

so screens added to the rules, I tried some other laps, but didn't beat my old lap, but here's a screen to show I'm close to my old laptime:

Roy Visser
05-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Didn't know that. Thanks. :)

BTW, did you ever get your new wheels for your real car?

still deciding, im off the 17inch idea since i visited a Golf meeting last weekend, which showed my beloved 15inches again :)

either Schmidt Revolutions, RSL or Keskins..

and here is my Mazda time:

(and some pics for quiggs from the vw meeting :) )

deffenbaugh03
05-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Oh, damn, forgot about Nardo. Isn't that where the Mclaren and the Koenigsegg made their records?

Is there a usable nickname for the Nurburgring? It feels like every time I think about that track, the word "Nurburgeringingurgingruburgring" goes through my head :p

I've never heard Nardo reffered to as "the ring", i've always thought it was meant to be short for Nurburgring, and not because it's somewhat ring shaped like someone said earlier. I could see someone calling Nardo "the big ring" or something like that in context to the Nardo because it is that shape, but what's the point of calling something 5 letters long a phrase that is 7 letters long. I could be wrong though.

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 03:46 PM
I've never heard Nardo reffered to as "the ring", i've always thought it was meant to be short for Nurburgring, and not because it's somewhat ring shaped like someone said earlier. I could see someone calling Nardo "the big ring" or something like that in context to the Nardo because it is that shape, but what's the point of calling something 5 letters long a phrase that is 7 letters long. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought........but Nardo makes a bit more sense.

my porsche
05-02-2005, 06:32 PM
shit i just spent like 150k getting an m3 and tuning it to 20% more power and 10% less weight! damn i forgot about arcade mode

1'05'103 oh yeah! well it was my third lap when my dad said im not supposed to be playing video games until my room is clean! :D

Roy Visser
05-03-2005, 09:08 AM
woohooo

1999 NSX TYPE S Zero

00'58.895

NAZCA C2
05-03-2005, 03:43 PM
1:00.303 in the M3

I only did 6 laps and that was the first time I ever played tha arcade mode so I could probably get my time down a bit.

twinspark
05-04-2005, 01:28 PM
0'59.481 in an M3.

Best that I could do, though I think I might be a bit faster using a Skyline.
Edit: turns out I wasn't; 0'59.707 in a Skyline.

ZemoButts
05-04-2005, 03:13 PM
theres a new king in town and its Forza Motorsport.

twinspark
05-05-2005, 01:17 PM
theres a new king in town and its Forza Motorsport. Nah, too much arcade, as far as I've read. Shouldn't judge though as I haven't played it yet.

ZemoButts
05-05-2005, 04:15 PM
wht do u mean "arcade"?

Quiggs
05-05-2005, 04:27 PM
From what I've heard in the Forza vs GT4 threads so far is that Forza's cars don't have the snap-oversteer that GT4 seems to have. I really noticed this today driving the MK5 GTI. The car would push and push and then out of nowhere I'd lose the back end.

I really want to try Forza, but I don't know anyone with a 'box. I'll have to see if it's on the display model at Best Buy.

ZemoButts
05-05-2005, 04:44 PM
lol sux for u i have a xbox but no money to buy the game :( :D