PDA

View Full Version : PGR2 Challenge

Esperante
05-02-2005, 02:54 PM
Credit to PorscheNut for the idea. ;)

This is for all you (like me) who don't have a PS2. Dust off your copy of PGR2 and do the following...

-Race the circuit 'In The Loop' in Chicago, with rain
-List of cars you can use...
-Ford Focus RS
-Renault Clio V6
-Audi TT Roadster (no Quattro)
-Ferrari Dino 246
-Honda Integra Type R
-Honda Civic Type R
-Audi A4
-When you're satysfied with you're end time, PM me the car you used and your time, to help insure nobody cheats. Good luck! :) (Winner will be announced next Monday, and a new challenge will be started).

johnnynumfiv
05-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Why don't we do this on LIVE?

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Question: Let's say we have to return the game soon, because we rented/borrowed it, and we want to record our track times for a future use, in a different challenge. Is that "legal"?

Esperante
05-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Why don't we do this on LIVE?
I don't have LIVE. :(

Question: Let's say we have to return the game soon, because we rented/borrowed it, and we want to record our track times for a future use, in a different challenge. Is that "legal"?
Don't see why not. :)

johnnynumfiv
05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Get it, just in time for Forza :)

Esperante
05-02-2005, 03:14 PM
A friend of mine is convincing me to get it when I get Forza.....what is it, $5 a month? That's not bad, but i have to get the head package for what, $40? Gotta start saving! (The problem with me is, I buy CDs chronically. Last week alone I bough three).

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Don't see why not. :)

Sweeeeet. It's gonna be on the Nurburgurringerburgeringinging, I will let you do a car list, since I have no idea how you are picking the cars for each challenge.

Sweeney921
05-02-2005, 03:54 PM
Sweeeeet. It's gonna be on the Nurburgurringerburgeringinging, I will let you do a car list, since I have no idea how you are picking the cars for each challenge.
ha, if we do the nürburgring on ultimate, I'm just gonna go ahead and say some people are gonna lose.

(feeling cocky)

johnnynumfiv
05-02-2005, 03:55 PM
A friend of mine is convincing me to get it when I get Forza.....what is it, $5 a month? That's not bad, but i have to get the head package for what, $40? Gotta start saving! (The problem with me is, I buy CDs chronically. Last week alone I bough three).

I got 2 months free from halo 2, then I bought the 3 month starter kit, it comes with the headset, 3 month card, a few little games for $39.99 at best buy. A year costs 50 bucks (I think) renewed over LIVE, so it's pretty cheap.

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 03:56 PM
ha, if we do the nürburgring on ultimate, I'm just gonna go ahead and say some people are gonna lose.

(feeling cocky)

Not ultimate. I am thinking more along the lines of "track day specials".

Whats your favorite car in ultimate?

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 03:57 PM
I got 2 months free from halo 2, then I bought the 3 month starter kit, it comes with the headset, 3 month card, a few little games for $39.99 at best buy. A year costs 50 bucks (I think) renewed over LIVE, so it's pretty cheap.

As soon as I can, I am playing you in Halo 2. And as soon as I get PGR2 to update (if that's before I have to return it), in that too. :D

Esperante
05-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Cerbera. No comp. ;)

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Cerbera. No comp. ;)

Ok, no ultimate. Mostly for the reason that I have not had enough time to get to any of the le mans cars (which is really starting to piss me off!).

Esperante
05-02-2005, 04:01 PM
If you have live you can download the new extra car pack, it includes the new C6. ;)

johnnynumfiv
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
If you have live you can download the new extra car pack, it includes the new C6. ;)

Costs $$ tho.

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 04:40 PM

Xbox Live at my house, gets retarded when it sees PGR2. It's so annoying. It tells me there is a required update. So I obviously try to download........5 seconds into the dowload, it says "Sorry, but your Xbox sucks. We cannot let you have this update. Goodbye".

Without this update, I cannot log into Xbox Live with PGR2.

car_fiend
05-02-2005, 05:56 PM
dude, there's a free site where u can play online, its xbconnect.com i think. u have to downaload the software to use... then hook up the xbox to ur comp, and go online, etc, etc... (hope this aint spam). my $.02

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 06:02 PM
dude, there's a free site where u can play online, its xbconnect.com i think. u have to downaload the software to use... then hook up the xbox to ur comp, and go online, etc, etc... (hope this aint spam). my $.02

True. But it has nowhere near the base that xbox live does. It's good if all you care about is just getting online with your xbox. But for example, Halo2 made such extensive use of xbox live. You can create "parties", groups of people (temporary) that are always on the same team (unless its for example, an 8 person party and an 8 person game. Then they will all be together in that one game, but on 2 teams). There is the ranking systems that XBL is very well known for. It has much better, "cleaner" programming, meaning it is more effiecient, and will in general, lag less.

It is like comparing a Bentley with NO options at all (meaning you basically have a car with "normal" seats), compared to one with EVERy option, and you can see your Bentley compared to every other Bentley ever made.

my porsche
05-02-2005, 06:13 PM

(feeling cocky)
let me guess youll use the 911 gt1??

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 06:16 PM
let me guess youll use the 911 gt1??

That car is so damn cheap I bet. It has 10 out of 10 in handling, acceleration and top speed........and I think "only" 8 in power sliding. Haven't driven it yet though. I'm probably going to buy the game though.

Esperante
05-02-2005, 06:21 PM
Cerbera still kicks the GT1. :D

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-02-2005, 06:39 PM
uhhh, back to this competition-do you mean S4?(the last usable car you mentioned)

shr0olvl
05-02-2005, 07:16 PM
lol, pgr2 challenges... http://www.300zxclub.com/images/smilies/arcadefreak.gif

CdocZ
05-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Decided I am just going to take the Noble around the Nurburgerurururugnrgnrugrgurngrngurgrgnrngurngnrgu rgurgnrgrnring.

Esperante
05-05-2005, 02:31 PM
OK, I've got one submission so far. Anyone else wanna give it a go?