PDA

View Full Version : Enquiries about buying cars in aust!

s4m
05-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Hello guys. i'm gonna get a car in aust and its my first time. Currently i'm thinking about a second hand supra or skyline r34. Is it common to buy these cars over websites on the internet? i mean, r they reliable? Also, would importing a car frm japan be very expensive? and how can i check the insurance amt to be paind for these cars?

s4m
05-02-2005, 11:19 PM
sorry. paid not paind.
anyway other cars i'm considering is mitsu evo viii (high fuel consumption) and 350z (tire alignment problems?). is the wrx sti also consume alot of fuel?
can someone give me some advise?

fpv_gtho
05-02-2005, 11:43 PM
You might find a better deal importing from New Zealand rather than Japan, theyve got tonloads of Jap imports there. Its probably safer buying in person though, especially if its imported as you'd get a much better impression about any faults of the car, any modifications, the overall quality of the car etc and you can see for yourself on the compliance plates if its legal to be on the road

2ndclasscitizen
05-03-2005, 04:22 AM
The STi would be the same as the EVO. And there are plenty of solutions on the net for the tire issues on the 350Z. I'd go with fpv with getting the car from NZ, they don't have anything like the strict ADRs we got here, and check http://www.uniquecars.com.au/. Check around the aussie forums about what happened to Blue Supra when he tried to get a car imported as a lesson in vigilence. what type of car are you most interested and what's your price range, someone here might stumble across something.

And by the way, welcome and enjoy UCP forums!

pimento
05-03-2005, 05:44 AM
Another place to look is http://autojapan.com.au/ they're a Perth based company, but I'm sure they'd ship to wherever you are. You choose expensive cars to run as a first timer though. If you're that worried about fuel consumption, get a corolla. Or a mini. Also, insurance would probably be astronomical on them for a first timer. Or have you just moved here?

Mustang
05-03-2005, 06:06 AM
Mate has a 350Z and he has had it for a year now, he thaught there was a problem with the tire allignment but there wasn't. anyways he took it for its fist service and it cost him £800 for a new set of tyres, apparently its the way that he drives but he takes so much care of that car and doesnt rive it that fast so tyres are a real expence on there :p

sorry. paid not paind.
anyway other cars i'm considering is mitsu evo viii (high fuel consumption) and 350z (tire alignment problems?). is the wrx sti also consume alot of fuel?
can someone give me some advise?

s4m
05-03-2005, 09:16 AM
haha thanx alot guys. i'll definately check out the sites.
i'm gonna migrate to aust. perth actually... n i've got a budget of ard 40-50? yep... so i guess all i can get are 2nd hand cars.
i love quick cars like the z and others which look really really good :D

Digitor
05-04-2005, 04:24 AM
Get a HSV Clubsport!!! :cool:

QuattroMan
05-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Hello guys. i'm gonna get a car in aust and its my first time. Currently i'm thinking about a second hand supra or skyline r34. Is it common to buy these cars over websites on the internet? i mean, r they reliable? Also, would importing a car frm japan be very expensive? and how can i check the insurance amt to be paind for these cars?

Sorry cant help you, I don't know where you live why don't you post your location on you profile, so we all know where you live.. ;)

6'bore
05-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Can't you broaden your range of cars other japanese cars you can rice up?

Egg Nog
05-04-2005, 04:33 PM
S4M, where do you live?

s4m
05-04-2005, 10:38 PM
hey... i'll only be moving to perth in 2 years time... becoz of national service... i'm from singapore... so i'm just checking out the process of getting cars.
maybe i'll check out other cars other than those jap cars. ;)

fa22_raptor
05-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Ah so you're a 16 year old with a $40-50k budget! You lucky ****! :) Oh, and I wouldn't recommend importing a car - it's a bit pricey and you can get pretty decent cars down here anyway.

Spastik_Roach
05-05-2005, 02:00 AM
You wouldn't get a R34 here for under 50k me thinks, but R33 GTR's can be had easily for 30-40k.

fpv_gtho
05-05-2005, 02:44 AM
Same here, alot of the proper R34 GTR's are around $60-70K, you have to look at a GTS-T or GT-T to get a reasonably priced one

s4m
05-05-2005, 07:39 AM
haha actually im 19 :p a r33 sounds good too!