PDA

View Full Version : Americans: Vote for Wesley Clark

Egg Nog
01-15-2004, 10:05 PM
I know 99.99% of you won't read this article, but it's really important, so at least read my overview: However, the article is an extremely good 10-minute read, and will allow you to make yourself look educated and to inform others of this awesome new Candidate. Please read it.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php

Do not bother flaming me if you're too lazy to read the article.

Overview:

General Wesley Clark will likely be running in the next election
He is anti-war, and has the obvious background to justify it
He plans to increase taxes on the rich, and especially to corporations
Because of this, the lower and middle class will see HUGE tax breaks. For example, a family of 4 with an annual income of under $50,000 will pay no taxes at all. This will all be made up for by the increased taxes on the extremely wealthy.
He will reduce the budget alloted to the Pentagon, etc. and guarantee better health care (and often free health care) and more rights to those who need them.

Consider yourself informed. Wesley Clark is exactly what the United States needs right now.

r34_296kw
01-15-2004, 10:40 PM
i agree egg...and wat r u looking at diablo? :mad: get lost

DiabloGTR
01-15-2004, 10:51 PM
I would vote for the General if I was old enough, but I'm short by a year.

I'd vote for Clark even if I didn't read the article that you posted. I'd do it because he's not a true politician, he may not have the best chance to beat Bush, but he is probably the best choice for this country. He'd be a breath of fresh air, America needs someone who isn't a puppet for large coporations.

Bush needs to get thrown out of office, first he asks for 87 billion to rebuild Iraq, not he wants to send people to Mars. What nonsense! I don't think people realize the great big pothole that the US has fallen into the last year.

crisis
01-15-2004, 11:52 PM
I know 99.99% of you won't read this article, but it's really important, so at least read my overview: However, the article is an extremely good 10-minute read, and will allow you to make yourself look educated and to inform others of this awesome new Candidate. Please read it.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php

Do not bother flaming me if you're too lazy to read the article.

Overview:

General Wesley Clark will likely be running in the next election
He is anti-war, and has the obvious background to justify it
He plans to increase taxes on the rich, and especially to corporations
Because of this, the lower and middle class will see HUGE tax breaks. For example, a family of 4 with an annual income of under $50,000 will pay no taxes at all. This will all be made up for by the increased taxes on the extremely wealthy.
He will reduce the budget alloted to the Pentagon, etc. and guarantee better health care (and often free health care) and more rights to those who need them.

Consider yourself informed. Wesley Clark is exactly what the United States needs right now.
He sounds too good to be true? The power Michael Moore has at his disposal is interesting. Power corrupts of course. Is he above it? Has Michael ever experienced a politician that promised the world to get into power and then delivered squat. If this guy is the real deal I hope he gets in. Taking on the gun lobby is not the easiest route from my limited knowledge of US politics, but worthy of admiration. I wonder if the Arab world and Muslim extremists will care one way or the other?

henk4
01-16-2004, 06:17 AM
I just read Moore's book : Dude, where's my country, and I thought that Oprah Winfrey was actually his favoured candidate for the presidency!. May be Clark turned up too late for the book to be considered.

As a general advice: Read more Moore

baddabang
01-16-2004, 07:06 AM
he says this when hes running but if he gets in will all of this happen? i doubt it :(

NoOne
01-16-2004, 09:32 AM
I haven't heard of this guy (Clark) before, he does sound like an excellent candidate, some of his views sound very much like Green Party stances.