PDA

View Full Version : FWD car pulling the wheels off the ground

AbsolutePower
05-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Here's a Fwd car pulling the wheels off the ground on a hard launch.
http://www.teamls1.com/videos/corsicawheelie.wmv

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-03-2005, 06:33 PM
funny how the people's laghter sounds like turkeys :D
has anybody noticed the increasing number of vids on this site (im not complaining :) )

my porsche
05-03-2005, 06:35 PM
"haha, haha, haha, thats f*ckin' awesome dooooooood!"

it was pretty cool though :D

Rockefella
05-03-2005, 06:44 PM
funny how the people's laghter sounds like turkeys :D
has anybody noticed the increasing number of vids on this site (im not complaining :) )
I hate your avatar, with, a, passion.

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-03-2005, 06:49 PM
well i sure aint changing it...i would even like to add an "extremely"

Smokescreen
05-03-2005, 06:51 PM
I do too, rockefella.

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-03-2005, 07:00 PM
I do too, rockefella.
you live in the US dont you? :cool:

Rockefella
05-03-2005, 07:08 PM
you live in the US dont you? :cool:
We both do. There is a key to NASCAR. When you lose focus of all the cars and watch 43 blurs moving in an oval, then yeah, it sucks. BUT, when you're rooting for a favorite car/team throughout the season and stay in tune with the points race it gets interesting. Then position means a big deal, pit strategy wins races, and teamwork even gets involved. If you pick someone to watch for a year and become a big fan then trust me, it would get better. No more than 3-4 years ago I HATED NASCAR but then I saw the Daytona 500 where Dale Earnhardt Sr. died (RIP) and I kind of got hooked.

I'm a Jeff Gordon fan btw who CAN drive a variety of cars and drove the BMW-Williams F1 car last year within 1 to 2 seconds of (don't remember the driver at the time, was it Ralf Schumacher?) lap-times.

One last thing, there are 2 road tracks in the NASCAR circuit: Watkins Glen and Infineon, some pretty famous race-tracks IIRC. ;) They deal with Bump-drafting, Oversteer (loose), Understeer (Tight), aero packages, etc. with a Carb'ed V8 throwing out 800+ hp w/ a 9-10k redline. They can hit almost 210 mph in traffic tighter than your grocery store parking lot too. :)

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-03-2005, 07:13 PM
We both do. There is a key to NASCAR. When you lose focus of all the cars and watch 43 blurs moving in an oval, then yeah, it sucks. BUT, when you're rooting for a favorite car/team throughout the season and stay in tune with the points race it gets interesting. Then position means a big deal, pit strategy wins races, and teamwork even gets involved. If you pick someone to watch for a year and become a big fan then trust me, it would get better. No more than 3-4 years ago I HATED NASCAR but then I saw the Daytona 500 where Dale Earnhardt Sr. died (RIP) and I kind of got hooked.

I'm a Jeff Gordon fan btw who CAN drive a variety of cars and drove the BMW-Williams F1 car last year within 1 to 2 seconds of (don't remember the driver at the time, was it Ralf Schumacher?) lap-times.
but ne lost, nascar sucks-especially when they want to build a track on your island and 98% of you islands population wont even go to the racetrack-only be affected by the incoming crowds :mad:

Rockefella
05-03-2005, 07:14 PM
but ne lost, nascar sucks-especially when they want to build a track on your island and 98% of you islands population wont even go to the racetrack-only be affected by the incoming crowds :mad:
Nah, there won't be a track in NYC. Your right considering there is no-where near enough of a fanbase. It's hard enough just putting the Jets Stadium in for the OLYMPICS, let alone a new track which would have to be around a half-mile long.

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-03-2005, 07:17 PM
chances are there will be a track-we dont get a say, it depends on NASCAR-who will likeley say yes, Polititians-who will definetly say yes, site-owners-who will likeley agree to sell their land

Quiggs
05-03-2005, 07:17 PM
I hate your avatar, with, a, passion.
I'll second that. He obviously didn't watch Talladega last weekend. :rolleyes:

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-03-2005, 07:18 PM
I'll second that. He obviously didn't watch Talladega last weekend. :rolleyes:
no i most certainly didnt :rolleyes:

Quiggs
05-03-2005, 07:19 PM
He was about 2 seconds off Michael's record pole time.

PsychoChimp22
05-03-2005, 09:32 PM
ROFL!!!!

Oh god thats great!! :p

AbsoultePower just make a vid thread and post all these there instead of making a thread for each vid.

Rebirth of Xar
05-03-2005, 10:00 PM
chances are there will be a track-we dont get a say, it depends on NASCAR-who will likeley say yes, Polititians-who will definetly say yes, site-owners-who will likeley agree to sell their land
dude what are you talking about? Nascar cant afford the cost to build a track in NYC, itd be upwards of a billion dollars like the jets stadium.

Quiggs
05-04-2005, 05:56 AM
dude what are you talking about? Nascar cant afford the cost to build a track in NYC, itd be upwards of a billion dollars like the jets stadium.
NASCAR has more money than God... If they really wanted to, they could. And International Speedway Corp (Daytona, California, Michigan, bunch of others) has more money than NASCAR. ISC is the company that's been getting talk of a NYC-area track. But they haven't even agreed on a track layout or area for it yet, so it's at least 4 years off. Personally I'd like to see another 2+ mile roadcourse added to the Cup schedule.

Rockefella
05-04-2005, 06:44 AM
NASCAR has more money than God... If they really wanted to, they could. And International Speedway Corp (Daytona, California, Michigan, bunch of others) has more money than NASCAR. ISC is the company that's been getting talk of a NYC-area track. But they haven't even agreed on a track layout or area for it yet, so it's at least 4 years off. Personally I'd like to see another 2+ mile roadcourse added to the Cup schedule.
That's true, but it would be real hard finding the land to build a track. A skyscraper is one thing but an entire NASCAR Road Course (Which would be nice) would need a plot of like 3 miles in area.

Quiggs
05-04-2005, 06:46 AM
The last I heard they were looking at areas on mainland New York, but still close to the city. I might be wrong though. They could never put any kind of course on Manhattan. A temporary street circuit would be nice to see once, a la Gran Turismo 4's layout. :)

ZeTurbo
05-04-2005, 11:02 AM
The last I heard they were looking at areas on mainland New York, but still close to the city. I might be wrong though. They could never put any kind of course on Manhattan. A temporary street circuit would be nice to see once, a la Gran Turismo 4's layout. :)
you know... ive thought of that. but i dont know if its feasable. would pretty ****ing awsome though.

Quiggs
05-04-2005, 11:45 AM
I think you'd be thrown out of City Hall about the time you said "... and all I need to do is shut down Time's Square for 4 days."

AstonMartinV12
05-04-2005, 12:17 PM
FYI that wasn't a hard launch they're called HYDRAULICS

Rockefella
05-04-2005, 12:43 PM
I think you'd be thrown out of City Hall about the time you said "... and all I need to do is shut down Time's Square for 4 days."
But let back in when offering 4 billion a day. :)

6'bore
05-04-2005, 01:01 PM
lol, that is some quality stuff.

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-04-2005, 01:07 PM

That's true, but it would be real hard finding the land to build a track. A skyscraper is one thing but an entire NASCAR Road Course (Which would be nice) would need a plot of like 3 miles in area.
you guys know less than i thought-i thought you were fans...the proposed area has enough room for the track AND a series of sports feilds...the proposed site is near Fresh Kills on Staten Island, NYC

Quiggs
05-04-2005, 02:03 PM
I just looked that area up on Mapquest. It seems too small to me. Eh, what do I know...

6'bore
05-04-2005, 02:06 PM

oooooooooooooooooo :cool:

AbsolutePower
05-09-2005, 10:05 PM

Your kidding me...wow your soooo smart....did you figure that one out all by yourself?