PDA

View Full Version : Forza vs. GT4

Blitz_
05-07-2005, 09:01 AM
xbox and ps2 fanboys get ur engines started!! both games are out and suprise suprise forza is getting the better reviews with comments saying that forza includes wat GT4 has left out, but hey, im interested in other ppl's comments. What is your opinion? is GT4 or Forza the better game, and why?

Ive been fortunate enough to play both and i cant really choose, but if i had to rite now - then forza, just that extra attention to the small things that make it that much better, and god damn - its online!! :D

car_fiend
05-07-2005, 09:08 AM
im goin to get forza motorsports by 2morrow... much aniticipation for the game, mostly based on the reviews that it has gotten. i havent had the chance to play gt4 though, so, im not going to comment on which one is better yet. once i get forza, and head over to my friends to try out gt4, you will hear from me.

CHEESE-TACULAR
05-07-2005, 09:31 AM
get ready, im gonna spin ur brain-
ive played both GT4 and Forza. i dont own either. i should beat both by end of summer. im on Xbox owner but i like GT4 more

ZemoButts
05-07-2005, 10:18 AM
yo u should have put up a poll, i kinda like forza more because u have more control of the car and its more real , gt4 looks a bit better but the game play is not that great on some cars the back end of it jus spins out of control for no reason

shr0olvl
05-07-2005, 10:26 AM
imma be getting forza whenever i can get a ride to gamestop... :mad:

targa
05-07-2005, 12:37 PM
i havent played either

johnnyperl
05-07-2005, 12:40 PM
i havent played either
thanks for the info.

im curious how many people actually have both systems?
has anyone played either online (is GT4 online yet?)?
ill probably get it soon, i found a place that has it for $35

twinspark
05-07-2005, 01:09 PM
I have PS2 and GT4, my brother owns an Xbox, so I have almost unlimited access to both consoles. If only I could get my brother to buy Forza, but he's not a racing game fan really. So I'll probably have to put my own money in to get to play it.

But GT4's handling of the cars is just so good, that I doubt Forza's could be better.

Then again there's this new game, Enthusia for PS2. The makers have said it to be more realistic than GT4, but we'll see about that...

LTT
05-07-2005, 02:18 PM
I've played GT4 extensivly, now I own Forza. Forza is the better game in my opinion.

Esperante
05-07-2005, 03:09 PM
I've played both, I pick Forza because it has everything GT4 lags in. :)

BTW-Shoud've made it a poll. ;)

shr0olvl
05-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I just got the game Forza like an hour ago and i love it. The graphics are excellent and the things you can do is just insane. If you have an xbox, i reccomend you go get it now.

This should keep me busy for the rest of the month. :D

On the game, I currently am driving a s14 silvia and just won a new pontiac gto so ill prolly stick the gto for now.

And the people who do have Forza, I was just wondering how do you do the engine swaps ? and where do you go and stuff to do them or w/e ?

Also, I got a XBOX live 2 month free trial if anyone with xbox live wants it. Since I don't have it i thought I could give it to someone who does.

clutch-monkey
05-07-2005, 09:00 PM
forza! but i have to buy two copies- one for my xbox and one for my sisters, so we can play link up. i'll wait a bit until the price drops

PsychoChimp22
05-07-2005, 11:25 PM
I hate to say i havent played either. Went to block buster today and they were fresh out of forza so ill try again soon.
Why wasnt this poled?

ZemoButts
05-08-2005, 07:58 AM
forza! but i have to buy two copies- one for my xbox and one for my sisters, so we can play link up. i'll wait a bit until the price drops

why dont u jus buy her a another controler so u dont have to buy her another copy

Esperante
05-08-2005, 08:10 AM
why dont u jus buy her a another controler so u dont have to buy her another copy
Because then you have to split up the screen. :(

ZemoButts
05-08-2005, 11:17 AM
Because then you have to split up the screen. :(

a waste of money dont u think? so for every game u want to play with her u have to buy 2 copys not 1

kingofthering
12-14-2005, 02:14 PM
GT4 is better. Forza suffers from the crappy analog stick. and im fanboy. haha

Clivey
12-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Forza for me, with GT4 it's possible to bounce your way to victory with no consiquences...it calls itself a simulation but feels like an arcade racer next to Forza.

6speed
12-15-2005, 01:29 PM
I have PS2 and GT4, my brother owns an Xbox, so I have almost unlimited access to both consoles. If only I could get my brother to buy Forza, but he's not a racing game fan really. So I'll probably have to put my own money in to get to play it.

But GT4's handling of the cars is just so good, that I doubt Forza's could be better.

Then again there's this new game, Enthusia for PS2. The makers have said it to be more realistic than GT4, but we'll see about that...

Bull shit. The cars are floaty and at 200 mph the screen blurs. It's a gay game (Enthusia).

Dino Scuderia
12-15-2005, 01:49 PM
I've played all three....Enthusia, GT4 and Forza and none of the games do everything best, they each have their strong points. Of the three I think GT4 is the best simulator as far as the cars and the way they react with road surface...I suppose GT5 will have damage etc. too. Forza seems very arcade like to me but has a lot of nice features. Enthusia is okay but only supports analog if you use a controller which I don't like.

Forza makes you a more honest racer when damage is turned on...which is probably more useful in the long run it keeps the races interesting where in GT4 once you win all the races the first time and get the prizes....there's really no need to race because they are easy to win. So GT4 ends up being used for more of a driving simulator which is it's strong point anyway.

Clivey
12-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Bull shit. The cars are floaty and at 200 mph the screen blurs. It's a gay game (Enthusia).

What credibility you did have you've just blown out the window by using the word "gay" to describe a game. Do you have the mental age of a 7 year old? Incase you haven't hit puberty yet and don't understand, the word "gay" isn't appropriate for this type of conversation and makes you look immature. After all, how is it possible for a game to be homosexual?:D

whiteballz
12-17-2005, 05:19 PM
i am a die hard fan of the Gran Turismo series. but i would be open to owning forza because i own both consoles... i might rent forza today actually.. see wether its worth my money.

Clivey
12-17-2005, 06:05 PM
i am a die hard fan of the Gran Turismo series. but i would be open to owning forza because i own both consoles... i might rent forza today actually.. see wether its worth my money.

I just spent all night playing it (my best mate brought his XBox round)...if I had the console it'd be THE first game I bought, especially as you can pick up a pre-owned (but perfect condition) copy for around £12! I only just started my save game but already have a Honda NSX-R (set-up for handling) and a TVR Tuscan S (set up for burnouts :p)

whiteballz
12-17-2005, 06:26 PM
dont even get my started on set ups :D

i have:

180SX - (japanese version) - drift
S14 Silvia - drift
Mx-5 - drift
WRX wagon STI - drift
Vanquish - drift
22b - drift

the majoroty of these cars all have above 400bhp.. the vanq has 899 :D

i have hundreds of cars set up just right for different styles of races :D ive spent more time tuning the settings then driving most of them :D

Clivey
12-17-2005, 06:30 PM
I can't wait to unlock the TVR Tuscan R...I have a little bet with a friend that he can't beat me round the Nurburgring (him driving a Ferrari 360, me driving the Tuscan R)

I only started it tonight so I'm only at level 10 so far...I chose the NSX-R as the best MR car I can afford so far, then tuned it. Gotta love the paintjob on the Tuscan S though, yellow with yellow tinted windows and two black stripes running down the middle!:cool:

whiteballz
12-17-2005, 06:42 PM
sounds sweet :D i have a vid of me drifting the 180.. but its pretty too big for UCP's download limit.. i will chop it up and post in segments later on :)

Clivey
12-17-2005, 06:45 PM
How far are you on the game? Unlocked the Tuscan R by any chance? If so, how does it handle compared to other cars in it's class and what sort of tuning can you do on that car?

whiteballz
12-17-2005, 07:08 PM
as promised, here is the drift vid of me on GT3, as i dont have GT4 i cant post that, and i down own forza so i cant drift vid just for that :D

its cut up, and shoddy quality, but you get the picture, the right setup allows ANYONE to drift well :D

Zytek_Fan
12-17-2005, 07:21 PM
I prefer Forza because it has more race cars and it has Porsches and Ferraris

whiteballz
12-18-2005, 01:10 AM
well you all seem to enjoy forza motorsports, so tomorrow i am purchasing forza.. expect a new challenger in the weekly challenges :)

TVR IS KING
12-18-2005, 02:17 AM
I have been playing gt for a few years...but I play Forza the other day, and ITS SO MUCH BETTER I wish I had an Xbox.
Lets face it. The physics on Gran Turismo suck in everyway. And Forza has damage!
I played it for a few minutes, but it was enough for me to drift in a Ferrari 360 Modena until I hit someone and damaged my bumbper and hood
No Contest IMO.

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 02:20 AM
the last time i tried to drift my 360 in Forza i crashed into a wall and span in circles. admittedly it had been twin turbocharged :D

TVR IS KING
12-18-2005, 02:25 AM
twin turbocharged
Soooooo much better than GT. Ill bet it has Porsches.

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 02:27 AM
you think thats good, i dropped a 7.0L V8 in a cadillac CTS-V :D

TVR IS KING
12-18-2005, 02:41 AM
**** YOU CAN DO ENGINE TRANSPLANTS?
lets all tease poor little Xbox-less scott.

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 02:46 AM
yes, yes you can.
i have a Camaro SS with over 1000nm of torque

TVR IS KING
12-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Lol. I am so incredibly jelous.
My friend should be getting an Xbox360. Ill convince him to get forza and project gothem. :D:D

Pwned.

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 02:58 AM
i've pre-ordered a premium system. :D:p

TVR IS KING
12-18-2005, 03:14 AM
Whats the premium do? I asked once and never got an answer.
I just read a review on Forza, it said it dethroned GT4.
FAIR ENOUGH.
Lol the folks at Polyphony Digital spent a ridiculous amount of time adding the online feature (delayed the games release something like 9 months I think) and they didnt even put it in. They scrapped it and sent out the game anyway.
Does Forza have Nurburgring?

12-18-2005, 03:14 AM
**** YOU CAN DO ENGINE TRANSPLANTS?
lets all tease poor little Xbox-less scott.
i dont have an xbox either! or a ps2! #sobs#

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 03:22 AM
Whats the premium do? I asked once and never got an answer.
I just read a review on Forza, it said it dethroned GT4.
FAIR ENOUGH.
Lol the folks at Polyphony Digital spent a ridiculous amount of time adding the online feature (delayed the games release something like 9 months I think) and they didnt even put it in. They scrapped it and sent out the game anyway.
Does Forza have Nurburgring?
the premium system comes with a hardrive, wireless controllers, and i think free xbox live membership.
yes it has the nurburgring.

TVR IS KING
12-18-2005, 03:29 AM
You mean the normal one doesnt have a harddrive? how cheap. Yay Nurburgring! Does it have faults? Apparently the graphics...

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 03:32 AM
graphics are fine, especially when run on a computer monitor or a 46 inch hd plasma screen ;)
i haven't really driven the n'ring much, i did a few laps in a BMW motorsport Maclaren F1 but thats pretty much it :(

TVR IS KING
12-18-2005, 03:40 AM
Lol same with GT4. Havent really raced it apart from the license test and a few others...But I dont have the game my friend does. Otherwise you couldnt keep me off it. I have GT3 and this morn I reached 75%. I HAVE $8,500,000

Clivey
12-18-2005, 03:56 AM
The Nurburgring in Forza's just about as real as you want it to be. I've raced it quite a lot (my mates all use it for multiplayer races because it gives all sorts of cars a chance to shine)...got to love the carousel, especially in my Tuscan S...was so proud when I drifted it around!:cool:

TVR IS KING
12-18-2005, 04:00 AM
Is the Carousel the wooden corner?
And Jakg, I do have a PS2, Im not crazy.
Lol in fact I have 2. A silver one at my mothers where I live (its next to me) and a regular one at my fathers where I am every fortnight.
I'd be proud too Clivey, I'd be proud too :D

Clivey
12-18-2005, 06:21 AM
Is the Carousel the wooden corner?
I'd be proud too Clivey, I'd be proud too :D

Here's a pic of the carousel...Now if only I could drift around there in a REAL Tuscan S...:cool:

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 06:23 AM
it'd probably break down before you made it to the carousel :D

Clivey
12-18-2005, 06:32 AM
it'd probably break down before you made it to the carousel :D

Hey, my driving isn't THAT bad :D Seriously though, they're not THAT bad. If someone gave me £25k I'd still buy one (see the affordable dream car thread)

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 06:34 AM
i'd buy one too if TVR would hurry up and sell them over here :D

whiteballz
12-18-2005, 01:17 PM
alright, in under 9 hours i will be owning forza. i hope that its as good as you guys say it is :D

How well you can set up the cars for drifting?? (camber, brake balance etc)

Clivey
12-18-2005, 01:22 PM
alright, in under 9 hours i will be owning forza. i hope that its as good as you guys say it is :D

How well you can set up the cars for drifting?? (camber, brake balance etc)

You wont regret it. You can adjust downforce, suspension stiffness, brake balance, camber (and toe in), gear ratios...loads of things. I made a huge difference to my NSX-R (the back end was sliding out uncontrollably until I set it up properly)

whiteballz
12-18-2005, 01:24 PM
excelent, camber, brake balance are the most important things to setup drift :D

Clivey
12-18-2005, 01:50 PM

Well my NSX was drifting whether I wanted to or not before I turned intot he track machine it is now lol :)

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 04:13 PM
that sounds complicated, i just leave those settings alone cos they scare me. instead i just give the car a crapload of extra power and take some weight out.

whiteballz
12-18-2005, 04:16 PM
hehehe :D ill take you on clutch :D my stock powered car to your over powered car :D i wonder who would "drift" better :?:

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 04:27 PM
my GTO lol.

whiteballz
12-18-2005, 04:37 PM
probably! only 2 hrs before i buy forza. then another 2 before i get to play it!

going for a drive to penrith and near areas to get my hours up :)

clutch-monkey
12-18-2005, 04:38 PM
lol, are you getting a 2nd hand copy? should be much cheaper :)
i wish i had a decent steering wheel :( with the stick i find i have to concentrate or sometimes i overcompensate too much.

whiteballz
12-18-2005, 04:55 PM
im buying it new for 30 bucks :)

TVR IS KING
12-19-2005, 03:21 AM
that sounds complicated, i just leave those settings alone cos they scare me. instead I just give the car a crapload of extra power and take some weight out.

Wow your so like me. Gear ratios also...I only touch them if it isn't really complicated. GT3 is about my limit. :D

And thanks for the pic Clivey...thats what I was referring to by 'wooden corner'. Is it actually wooden? Don't think so.

TVR IS KING
12-19-2005, 03:37 AM
that sounds complicated, i just leave those settings alone cos they scare me. instead i just give the car a crapload of extra power and take some weight out.

You are so like me. Lol I dont usually touch the gear ratios either if its to complicated...GT3 is about my limit. :D

Also thanks clivey, thats what i meant by the 'wooden corner'. Is it wood? I dont think so...lol but thanks.

whiteballz
12-19-2005, 01:49 PM
forza is awesome :D definately worht the cash.

i already own a 360modena, evo Fq330, 22B, Db9, Charger and a golf.

all modded :D

Clivey
12-19-2005, 05:35 PM

Thought you'd like it :cool:

All I need now is an XBox (waiting until the 360's actually in-stock in some of the stores in the UK, as well as a decent games library, lower prices and the initial bugs to be sorted out)

clutch-monkey
12-19-2005, 06:13 PM

if you want to drift, try gen 3 RX-7 ;) easily the smoothest i found. now just send me your suspension setup :p

Thought you'd like it :cool:

All I need now is an XBox (waiting until the 360's actually in-stock in some of the stores in the UK, as well as a decent games library, lower prices and the initial bugs to be sorted out)
the 360 doesn't hit here til march :( i'm thinking about waiting for the price drop around next xmas. or importing one soon from England (you guys are PAL compatible like us i think)

TVR IS KING
12-20-2005, 01:12 AM
^^ Really? Damn. When does the PS3 come out?

Why didn't Microsoft just release it sooner? Wouldn't they sell tons if they released it before Christmas?
There are probably many reasons, but I dont know them. Im sure matra does...lol hes my google.

whiteballz
12-20-2005, 01:20 AM
alright clutch :D ill buy an RX-7 just to drift with, and then i will post my suspension/mods for everyone :)

clutch-monkey
12-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Im sure matra does...lol hes my google.
LMAO. now i want a bumper sticker that says "Matra is my google" :D:D

whiteballz
12-20-2005, 02:34 AM
HOW TO DRIFT AN RX-7 series III

TUNE UP

Step one: Buy RX-7
Step two: Buy all upgrades in engine and suspension departments
Step three: Enter tuneup
Step four: Tune camber up to full on the REAR wheels only
Step five: Tune suspension rebound and bound 3/4 the way up
Step six: Put brake bias power to the Left of the dial

ON COURSE WARM UP

Step one: Complete a few burnouts to warm the tires up. - heat is essential
Step two: Entry is the most important part to get drift right, go slow around the track nurmerous times to pick the right lines.
Step three: Each lap get progressively more agressive, till your on full throttle and getting some wheelspin.

FULL TILT DRIFT

Step one: Follow your lines.
Step two: Brake late and turn while braking
Step three: Get on the throttle early to get the power down and wheels sideways
Step four: Keep practicing the lines and styles that work for you

- This is purely my style, i may post a vid for you later to see what i mean

- Whiteballz

clutch-monkey
12-20-2005, 02:39 AM
woohoo!
*crashes*
wait a minute...

whiteballz
12-20-2005, 02:41 AM
ill show you how i enter a corner should i? I'll make a vid and post it.

tomorrow... my mum is tryin to watch a movie right now

clutch-monkey
12-20-2005, 02:47 AM
sweet, at the moment i'm just going through each corner sideways.
oh.....right.

whiteballz
12-20-2005, 03:05 AM
oh your a funny one arent you :p

Zondaboy1
12-20-2005, 03:52 PM
forza cuz i have it

FerrariFan
12-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Forza is definately the best cos i've played both and GT4 sucks in a hell of a lot of places and now i've completed Forza twice and the Ferrari F333sp is legendary. GT4 sucks. :rolleyes:

Clivey
12-20-2005, 04:40 PM
I've only just bought GT3...my excuse is it was only £7 and I'd never completed it so...

...BUT the handling's so vague and the sense of speed's just not there, if GT4's anything like this, Forza kicks the crap out of it.

Not bad for 7 quid though, I'll trade it in when I'm done.

whiteballz
12-20-2005, 08:22 PM
one thing Gt3 has better then forza. SMOKE when you drift. forza just leaves tyremarks.

TVR IS KING
12-20-2005, 10:08 PM
GT4 is good (read: Amazing) until you discover Forza. It does everything GT doesnt. Finally GT has a benchmark to meet, instead of the other way around.

^^GT4 does have smoke, but there isn't much.
I'd much rather drifiting, on GT4 you cant.

whiteballz
12-20-2005, 10:14 PM
you can easily drift in GT4.

you might just not know how :p

clutch-monkey
12-20-2005, 10:32 PM
i'd like to rectify that: you can drift in GT4, provided you can use the Ps2's analogue sticks..... i suck at them.

TVR IS KING
12-20-2005, 10:54 PM
^^ I dont have GT4, but on GT3 its not easy.
I use the joysticks
The only ps2 games ive had all year are NFSU2 and GTA SA, they both use the left stick to drive so i got used to them. :D

whiteballz
12-20-2005, 11:01 PM
look at the drift vids of mine in the GT4 drift thread.

they are the three separate ones in one post.

its not hard to drift.

TVR IS KING
12-20-2005, 11:20 PM
I have really slow internet...I really cant view the vids. I wish I could though...
You cant really drift on GT3 though I dont think, I would like to hear otherwise...

clutch-monkey
12-20-2005, 11:38 PM
go and get the video whiteballz posted...

TVR IS KING
12-20-2005, 11:48 PM
^^
I said, My internet is too slow for videos.

whiteballz
12-21-2005, 12:57 AM
the vids are all of 350 KB... ill grab some screens then.

TVR IS KING
12-21-2005, 01:16 AM
nah nah dw 350kb! I can do that easy. Im going to eat tea, it will downlaod then.

TVR IS KING
12-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Well it didnt work. 'Class not registered'
Screens?

Clivey
12-21-2005, 02:39 AM
I have really slow internet...I really cant view the vids. I wish I could though...
You cant really drift on GT3 though I dont think, I would like to hear otherwise...

You can, I've only just started a save game...chose the MX-5 with the highest power / weight ratio (the best car you can afford at the start) but with an S1 turbo, induction and weight reduction upgrade it's a little twiitchy on the stock tires. :rolleyes:

TVR IS KING
12-21-2005, 02:50 AM
^^ Thanks, now im excited. But can you give some better instructions? Im confused. :confused:

Clivey
12-21-2005, 02:53 AM
^^ Thanks, now im excited. But can you give some better instructions? Im confused. :confused:

Instructions on how to drift? I'll just point out that my intention for the MX-5 wasn't TO drift. I've just started the game and the upgrades were to help me sucker an MR2 that just had more grunt.

If you follow whiteballz's instructions for Forza on how to set-up a car, it should work exactly the same on GT. I'm really not very far at all in the game so I don't have the money to buy a car and set it up exclusively for drift.

TVR IS KING
12-21-2005, 03:07 AM
Nah just how to set up the MX-5 properly. I reached 75% 2 days ago and I have $8,400,000+ but your version probably doesnt have dollars...The price of...um...The Ford Falcon XR8 times 5.

If you need tips ask me.

Clivey
12-21-2005, 03:12 AM
Nah just how to set up the MX-5 properly. I reached 75% 2 days ago and I have $8,400,000+ but your version probably doesnt have dollars...The price of...um...The Ford Falcon XR8 times 5.

If you need tips ask me.

Cheers, I was just wondering why there's so much delay from the time I press a button to the car actually doing anything, it's pissing me right off lol.

TVR IS KING
12-21-2005, 03:23 AM
What do you mean? lol try pressing the buttons harder? Or get a new controller. :P Sorry I cant help you more...
I know how to make money! lol.

whiteballz
12-21-2005, 03:47 AM
buy the upgrade for the driveline - better response.

Clivey
12-21-2005, 11:42 AM
What do you mean? lol try pressing the buttons harder? Or get a new controller. :P Sorry I cant help you more...
I know how to make money! lol.

It's ok, there's nothing wrong with the controlelr, it's just the game. I'm used to playing Forza on a friend's Xbox and this sucks in comparison. Good job it was only £7!

How do you make money then? I CBA doing the same races over and over to upgrade the MX-5 to make it competitive. I've tried the driveline upgrades, it makes little difference. As I said it's just the game.

TVR IS KING
12-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Yay I reached 75.7% This morn. Lol.
Also I got an MX-5 to drift with. I loaded it with power and left the stock tires, but it wouldnt drift it seemed underpowered.
So I had a bit of a think and decided to get a supra. So I did. I figured it would have be able to get more power and it was still a RWD coupe...The MX-5 made it to about 400bhp, the Supra reached 998bhp and I couldve squeezed just a bit more out of it by changing the oil.
Thats a tip: When you get a car, change the oil for a few extra HP.
Anyway the Supra wasnt really nimble enough, so I got an S2000. That got about 500bhp but I still couldnt drift...
I didnt touch suspension or anything, and I left TCS and ASM on...

How far in the game are you?
I did great in the game, I got a Skyline R34 (I saved up for it). Its good because it can get up to over 1000bhp, and it will really compete when it does.
Then you can do some big money races and end up with a super-fast race car, the MX-5 wont ever reach 1000HP.
The skylines handling starts to falter around 1000..lol but I did the super speedway endurance and won easy and got tons of money. Thats what I did.. :D

Also I used the Skyline for an insanely over powered rally car. You can get a lot of money from rallies because you win a rally car after each event, and you can sell them for liek tons.

Revolution
12-21-2005, 10:11 PM
I didnt touch suspension or anything, and I left TCS and ASM on...

There's your problem, you've gotta turn them off to drift! If you want some information and stuff for drifting, go to this page (http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141), and have a look around.

Check out the drift settings depot for some actual settings for most cars.

whiteballz
12-21-2005, 10:17 PM
"couldnt drift"

i bet you use auto too.

seriously. try this, buy a STOCK mazda mx-5, buy ALL the top suspension upgrades. then go to tune. then go down to "camber" set it on the REAR WHEELS ONLY to maximum. even that should let you drift better then you do in a stupidly over powered car. i can drift in a 180 stock, so you shouldnt have a problem in a 1000hp supra.

Revolution
12-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Oh, I just realised that my link was for GT4 drifting, not GT3. Oh well, I think GTP has plenty of GT3 drifting sections as well.
Anyhow, I just started learning to drift in GT4 myself. I'm using a BMW M3 (E46) and I think I'm doing alright for someone who is just starting.

TVR IS KING
12-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Wow 3 replies already.
Ok Ill buy another MX-5 and follow your rules thank you!
And Im following your link Revolution...
Whiteballz, should I turn off the stability and traction controls?

whiteballz
12-21-2005, 10:37 PM
hell yes.

TVR IS KING
12-21-2005, 10:56 PM
I was just about to try it, but my brother got off the fone and onto the Sony.
He goes to see his internet gf in 7 days!! :D:D:D:D
Cant wait till hes gone.
But yeah I should get a chance to try it before the night is at an end :)

TVR IS KING
12-22-2005, 01:45 AM
YAY IT WORKED.
Lol the rear wheels stick out at a funny angle...
I may have coincidentally doubled the power output :$

TVR IS KING
12-22-2005, 01:52 AM
After that fun (shouldve seen me on Rome) I decided to take out ye olde Mustang. WITH 590BHP!!!
Thought Id tackle seattle in true american style.
This is so gunna shread the tyres.

It was a bit much. I did good on some corners, but I spin too much which is annoying with wheelspin in gears 1 and 2...and reverse...

whiteballz
12-22-2005, 02:35 AM
you dont need massive power to drift :)

TVR IS KING
12-22-2005, 02:51 AM
Yeah I learnt that.
Possibly the most valuble thing I'll learn this month.
Maybe its an Australian thing..have you heard about the CAPA Holden drift ute?
Liek 900bhp, worlds most powerful drift car.
I can get pics...

Revolution
12-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah I learnt that.
Possibly the most valuble thing I'll learn this month.
Maybe its an Australian thing..have you heard about the CAPA Holden drift ute?
Liek 900bhp, worlds most powerful drift car.
I can get pics...
Yeah, I've seen that drift ute! 1000hp! More than enough, I should think. Anyhow, heres a pic...
http://www.capadrift.com.au/pics/index_splash5.jpg

whiteballz
12-22-2005, 06:30 PM
well it seems aussies have overrun yet another thread.. though you guys werent around for the good old days of it..

maybe we should give this thread back.

TVR IS KING
12-23-2005, 12:12 AM
Wow that picture didnt load.
As long as its yellow with CAPA written all over it, you red my mind :D

Turbo.Jenkens
03-27-2006, 11:02 AM
I have put about 360 hrs into GT4 and about 100 into Forza. Forza has lots of bells an whistles like paint shop, car damage, more convienient tuning mode, 8 cars per race instead of 6, easier menus, and of course Xbox live. The physics engine in GT4 is far superior. Before you completely disregard my oppinion let me clarify. In Gt4 you bounce of of other cars and walls - this is horrible and definatly Gt4s biggest flaw. However the actual race phisics of Gt4 are much better. Forza has a very arcade style feel to it microsoft compinsated for this by making the steering imputs very twitchy and the grip less than it should be. This makes forza actually more difficult while remaining less realistic. None of the cars on forza understeer, not even the 60s era muscle cars. Grafically I would have to go with GT4. Alot of people would disagree with me on this. Because of the superiority of the platform Forza is crisper. You can tell much more time went into making the 3D models on GT4. The GT4 cars consist of at least 4 times as many polygons and are closer to the actual cars shapes. More R&D went into GT4 also regarding car specs and performance. Hopefully now that Polyphony has a little competition it will improve the breed, I hope that many of the Forza features make it to GT5. One could argue that Xbox live is reason enough to consider Forza the best. Personally I have spent more hours running group C cars ( there is only one on Forza) around Circuit de la Sarthe ( also not on Forza) than I have spent playing Xbox live........

I prefer Gran Turismo 4

Both dwell to much an street cars and dont have enough race cars

Radoman
03-27-2006, 11:52 PM
^^^Why bump an old thread?

Also, street cars are approximately 100 million times more interesting and fun than the bulk of the race cars offered in both games.

RazaBlade
03-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Is having 8 cars a massive leap over 6? Sure, the more the merrier, but it doesnt make that much of a difference.

I have to say, street cars are a lot more fun than race cars, but I dont care much for the really old cars that you just cant get anything out of. Im sorry, they might have sentimental value for some "wow that was my first car!" but theyre not much fun to tune or race with.

To make GT5 near perfect, I would take GT4 and add a lot more cars per race especially endurance, day-night transition and changing weather, and an estimated pre-race A-spec score, rather than having to go into the race to find out.

Sledgehammer
12-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Turbojenkins, the physics engine in Forza is far superior to GT4. For instance. GT4 delivers 24 calculations per-second while Forza delivers 240. Forza takes into account drafting much better then GT4. In Forza, if you damage your car, the aerodynamics are highly compromised. Forza lap times are much closer to relality. Around tracks like the Nurburgring, the times are damn near spot on.

TVR IS KING
12-12-2006, 07:12 PM
9 month bump right thar.

revo_crazy
11-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I Own Both Forza And Gt4 And Think It Is Hard To Say Which Is The Best But Maby Forza Is

ThisBlood147
12-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I have both and do still play both. GT4 is probably a more pure racing experience.....and I do love the layout of its career mode better. But Forza feels like a more complete game IMO.

There are plenty of cars that GT4 has that I wish Forza had also......but its also loaded with tons of redundant Asian models that could have been omitted for the sake of getting more worthwhile street performers in there. And how could GT4 have gotten as far as it has without Porsche or Ferrari?.......mindblowing.

And then there's car damage. It just doesn't ever feel like there's much of a consequence to bumping and grinding in GT4. While this is fine for most, I found it hard to overlook after playing Forza. A big part of road racing is negotiating around your competition, and in GT4 bumper car mentality becomes second nature after a while [when it comes to gaining position].

Plus being able to totally personalize your car is just the perfect thing for a game that offers online play and lots of cars to drive. GT5 needs to at least offer the ability to paint your car a different color when you get tired of looking at it.

Forza is missing a few things that I wish it had.......better tire setups like GT4 has for one. I also find the car audio in GT4 to be more appealing......the tire squealing and the rushing air as you get up to 100+mph speeds. As far as racing physics.....I can't say that one has anything over the other from my experiences. But I do find that Forza does a better job of keeping the competition challenge even during the career mode.

They both have their good points and bad points, but if I had to keep only one.....it'd be Forza. But both games are pretty outstanding entries in the racing sim genre. It just all comes down to personal preference in the end I guess.

RacingManiac
12-11-2007, 07:09 PM
old thread...but One thing GT4 is still better than either Forza: Force Feedback Steering Wheel.....

whatever you'd like to say about the physics and graphics and whatnot....no Xbox 360/Xbox has a decent wheel.....240hz physics engine on a game pad is still arse....

but then any PC racing sim is far more involving...

Ghost Rider 666
12-17-2007, 02:17 PM
GT is way better then forza...always have!