PDA

View Full Version : How to propose

r34_296kw
01-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Ok guys (married ones),
I wanna propose to my g/f, I really love her a lot and I wanna take our relationship 1 step further. ok i've never been married before so i dont know how to propose. any advice from anyone? please dont tell me something you saw from a movie. i have bought the ring and i might get a pic of it soon. it did cost me $5,000NZ but it was worth it. help from married people like henk4, noone, crisis, nildo etc would be good. PLEASE HELP ME! shes just 3 years older than me, why do people make it such a big deal out of it?

r34_296kw
01-16-2004, 11:57 PM
the single guys can take a few pointers if someone posts one.

r34_296kw
01-17-2004, 12:05 AM
i couldnt get a exact pic but i got a pic that was 99.99% similar to the one i bought

fpv_gtho
01-17-2004, 12:05 AM
3 years in the long run is nothing, so wouldnt worry abotu what people say to you or anything

The Tuner
01-17-2004, 01:55 AM
1- 3 yrs elder to u is no biggie, does she have 3 yrs more of experience is what counts... :D

2- lovely ring

3- accordin to ma friend who got engaged jus abt a week ago, the best way to do it is directly but spontaneously. take her out for a drive to some nice scenic area and pop the question. (it mite help if the place is far away from home and u refuse to let her get into the car unles she sez yes! :D )

wateva u do....g'luk!

r34_296kw
01-17-2004, 04:22 AM
1- 3 yrs elder to u is no biggie, does she have 3 yrs more of experience is what counts... :D

2- lovely ring

3- accordin to ma friend who got engaged jus abt a week ago, the best way to do it is directly but spontaneously. take her out for a drive to some nice scenic area and pop the question. (it mite help if the place is far away from home and u refuse to let her get into the car unles she sez yes! :D )

wateva u do....g'luk! thanx tuner, and since when have u moved from africa to india?

Matra et Alpine
01-17-2004, 04:39 AM
IT depends on your g/f !

If she's a romatic and 'big event' person then picking a nice place and relaxing moement and do the whole my life has led to this point and I've a serious question to ask line and then ask it :)

If she's fun and likes humour, then think about a way of making it part of fun....Cars broken down in the middle of no-where, can you get me the tools from the trunk ( with the ring hidden there ) kind of thing.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, it shuold be YOUR idea.
If she finds out you had to be told what to do by a buch of saddo's on the internet ( and worse in a car forum ) she'll likely drag THAT one up once a year at least during your marriage.

Make it your own, but maybe think which of the 2 'paths' is best for you and her.

ME ? We were 'riomantics' so it was favourite restaurant - Italian - I said wow that looks nice, looking over her shoulder, she looks, Looks back, I've the ring in front of her face and said "but not as lovely as you, I love you, will you marry me and make our lives complete". She said yes ! Easy :)

Good luck

r34_296kw
01-17-2004, 04:43 AM
If she finds out you had to be told what to do by a buch of saddo's on the internet ( and worse in a car forum ) she'll likely drag THAT one up once a year at least during your marriage. thanx :)

Homem de Gelo
01-17-2004, 07:08 AM
Good luck.

henk4
01-17-2004, 07:47 AM
thanx tuner, and since when have u moved from africa to india?
Since when is Dubai located in India?

I would advise you to take an older girl, statistically speaking you may die together almost at the same time. (Women on average live 4-5 years longer). That's called long term planning, but as you said you wanted to deepen your relationship. We also have this saying over here that you should learn to cycle using an old bike :D

The Tuner
01-17-2004, 09:22 AM
thanx tuner, and since when have u moved from africa to india?

india? lol! ive nvr been to india in my life! hell, ive nvr even flown over india! i am tanzanian by nationality, not by origin. and i was born in and live in dubai, and easily 80% of the population here, not to mention atleast 50% of ma friends, speak urdu/hindi. so, i piked it up a bit, and im stil kinda sketchy, but i kno urdu, not hindi. thts all....

nismo
01-18-2004, 12:24 AM
go to her, and kiss...yeah~ it would work...

Pliz
01-18-2004, 11:08 PM
go to her, and kiss...yeah~ it would work... thanks :) i'll probably propose next week on her birthday and i'll let you guys know how it went ;) (if im still here) :(

Egg Nog
01-19-2004, 01:02 AM
Take a hint from "Old School"

*cough* Don't do it! *cough*

Aren't you like, 16? This is amazingly stupid.

EDIT: I suppose I won't expect a reply. Just realised you've been banned again :rolleyes: