PDA

View Full Version : BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus

diesel2029
01-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Which would you choose and why:

BMW M3 Cabriolet
Mercedes CLK 500 Cabriolet
Lexus SC430

I'm comparing these models because of similarity in size and hp. Too bad BMW doesn't make a hardtop convertible.

white devil
01-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Which would you choose and why:

BMW M3 Cabriolet
Mercedes CLK 500 Cabriolet
Lexus SC430

I'm comparing these models because of similarity in size and hp. Too bad BMW doesn't make a hardtop convertible.

well i will take the M3 .......why because it s one of my dream car ....
it has the perfect engine,performance,chassi,luxury and everything a guy need :p
some pics to proove my point

bige321786
01-17-2004, 05:56 PM
I would definitely have to choose the M3 as well. Better lines than either the Mercedes and the Lexus in my own personal opinion. I had a chance to go for a little spin in an M3 (passenger's side, unfortunately) and I'll never forget it. Everything about the build quality, acceleration, speed, handling, sound, and looks fits right for me.
Only my two cents though.....
Other two cars are worthy opposition for sure.

SL500
01-17-2004, 11:55 PM
Clk500 Cabrio,for styling,good looking,engine,luxury.......

and i think SC430 isnt in this class.
its in the GT roadsters class

SPHFerrari
01-18-2004, 05:14 PM
BMW M3. no question. great car with great looks and performance.

DiabloGTR
01-18-2004, 09:16 PM
The Lexus is a great car in terms of value and reliability, but I'd have to go with the M3 Cabriolet. The CLK is nice too.

Misho
01-19-2004, 08:25 AM
the way i see it, these 3 cars are totally different aproaches to having a convertible coupe.
the M3 is all about performance and handling so i am guessing it will be the favourite in these forums full of car guys with an average age of proably around 20 or less.
the Lexes is the total extreme of that. more luxury, smoothness and refinement over performance. if most users were 60+ old women, then the SC430 would have domintated.
The Mercedes Benz CLK seems to offer a bit of both and is the most all rounded player. it will my pick. not just because of its neutral attitude, but also coz a new 3 series is on the horizon. and i know we all hate driving cars when new models come out and ur ride seem obsolete !!

more-boost1555
01-19-2004, 02:40 PM
if I wanted an M3, I would never get a Cabriolet. The CLK would be a great car to cruise in with the top down, not quite as quick as the M3, but more plush.