PDA

View Full Version : Porsche vs. Ferrari

Scarface
04-27-2003, 06:58 PM
What is your favored car company?

Consider their history, present selection, and what the future has in store for us.

Jammer
04-28-2003, 06:59 AM
Of those two, Porsche. The 'bang for your buck' is better than Ferrari. Almost the same fun, for half the price while not sacrificing much handling/speed (if any). Only my humble opinion anyways,... :)

Homem de Gelo
04-28-2003, 10:17 AM
I don't know.

Asking me to chose between Ferrari and Porsche is the same as asking me if I want to have sex with the most beautiful blonde or the most beautiful red-head in the world, I'll answer you "both, any time any day, and at the same time if possible."

Anyhow, just so my post isn't completely evasive, from the current line-up of both companies, the car I like the most is the 360 Modena. So, because of it, I'll give Ferrari the uperhand for now.

Scientist
04-29-2003, 12:03 PM
That's a really hard question to answer.

I'm actually drawed towards Ferrari because I like Italian cars very much, but I must admit this is mainly because Ferrari is Italian.
As for the today models, when I have to choose between the 911 turbo and the 360 Modena, I think it's gonna be the Porsche, because of it's handling and looks.

If I compare the Enzo to the Carrera GT though, it's gonna be the Ferrari, that's more a racecar I think than the Carrera GT. Porsche has to much compromised here.

Meluion
04-30-2003, 01:31 PM
A very hard question...

A ferrari designed car with a heavily tuned Porsche engine and technology..... would rule I think.

Gilly
05-01-2003, 11:53 PM
Good Question, I think Ferrari used to be better, but now Id say the Porches are quite alot better in performance and looks. And the Porsches have amazing power for their little engines, even though the V12s in the Ferraris are pretty cool

Ghost
05-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Porsche always. You can't beat the bang for the buck and the good looks of the GT2 and the brand new GT3 which they are bringing over at last.

austinreed2
05-04-2003, 07:35 PM
of course it is ferrari.....way faster way better looking way better engines italian can beat germany in cars any day go ferrari!!

austinreed2
05-04-2003, 07:36 PM
here is the ferrari

Hakk
05-05-2003, 01:30 AM
Of course Porsche guys...
All this years, from 1996 when the 996 Turbo appeared (I think), the F355 firstly and the Modena secondly is breathing the dust of turbo Porsche...Some people in magazines know which car is better...And they have voted the 996 Turbo...So simple...

Now the comparison will be between Carrera GT and 575 Maranello...And all the things show that Porsche will beat Ferrari in this category too...

I know that the most of here wrote cause Ferrari is more favourite for them, but some people wrote that the Ferrari is better (!!!) than Porsche.................

And also who forgets the 917K???
This car was the best ever race car in history...
Ferrari of course has one of the greatest road cars ever...My favourite car...F40...I hate Ferrari but F40 is the "car":)

enicarie
05-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Ferrari's ok but I prefer Porsche. I think you get more handling for the same price or even less.

kinan.f
05-07-2003, 05:12 AM
I think Porsche is now concerning on extending their buisness to have new customers & new markets.They entered the wide SUV market & who the hell knows what category they are gonna get into in the future...May be the MPV sector ;)
Ferrari sticks to its rules:Super Sport cars & nothing else....
Porsche comes first when talking about practicality & every day performance whilst Ferrari is a car originally made for tracks...
I'd say Porsche :cool:

fpv_gtho
05-15-2003, 02:05 AM
wouldnt the carrera gt be going head to head with the enzo? the way i see it is the 575 goes head to head with the gt2 and the 360 with the gt3

henk4
05-15-2003, 03:37 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Arcanjo

Asking me to choose between Ferrari and Porsche is the same as asking me if I want to have sex with the most beautiful blonde or the most beautiful red-head in the world, I'll answer you "both, any time any day, and at the same time if possible."

This more or less nicely sums it up, but having been a regular reader of the German magazine Auto,Motor und Sport, which always finds ways to make german cars win in comparative tests I am inclined to go for Ferrari. In general I have great problems in imagining myself in a modern German car anyway.

DasModell
05-15-2003, 09:56 AM
good answer henk :):)

both make very good cars .. but i'm a Ferrari guy .. :)

Scarface
05-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Arcanjo
I don't know.

Asking me to chose between Ferrari and Porsche is the same as asking me if I want to have sex with the most beautiful blonde or the most beautiful red-head in the world, I'll answer you "both, any time any day, and at the same time if possible."

Anyhow, just so my post isn't completely evasive, from the current line-up of both companies, the car I like the most is the 360 Modena. So, because of it, I'll give Ferrari the uperhand for now. You mean beautiful blonde and red head FEmale, right? ;)

amenasce
05-15-2003, 03:57 PM
Do i need to answer ?

henk4
05-16-2003, 12:29 AM
no, you don't have to reveal your secret admiration for Porsche

amenasce
05-18-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by henk4
no, you don't have to reveal your secret admiration for Porsche

What can i say, the Cayenne is such an amazing car :)

henk4
05-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Glad you noticed that too, makes at least two people who like it

Andy74
06-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Hi to everybody
It's my first time here.
I'm italian and I'm an Ferrari fan, so the answer is easy for me!
FERRARI rulez!

FERRARI~KING
06-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Wow. That's a hard one, but Ferrari (plz note my name :D )
Porsche may be cheaper, but they're more common and when you drive a Ferrari, everyone is staring at you. The Ferraris definetely have better engines, Fiat makes them actually, I forgot!
My final answer then? Ferrari

ltauam
06-14-2003, 10:23 PM
I love the looks of Ferrari's, but Porsche's cars are more well rounded.

As a manufacturer, I have more respect for Porsche.But their cars.....I'll say is a tie.

motormaniac
06-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Glad you noticed that too, makes at least two people who like it

inculding me

piledriver
06-16-2003, 09:02 AM
My opinion is:

PORSCHE RULEZ!!!!!!

henk4
06-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by piledriver
My opinion is:

PORSCHE RULEZ!!!!!!

I have to admit that this is one of the most well considered and underpinned opinions ever expressed in this forum. I wish everybody was so outspoken. Would save us a lot of thinking and opening yourself up to other opinions, in one word, great!

piledriver
06-17-2003, 04:14 AM
I have to admit that this is one of the most well considered and underpinned opinions ever expressed in this forum. I wish everybody was so outspoken. Would save us a lot of thinking and opening yourself up to other opinions, in one word, great!

sorry, but with my poor english, I didnīt understand if this commentary is a constructive or a destructive one...

piledriver
06-18-2003, 07:43 AM
My opinion is:

PORSCHE RULEZ!!!!!!

Just explaining why do I think Porsche Rulez...
1- Germans made amazing cars, I also think germans are the best mechanics...
2- Porsche are the most beautifull cars around... its smooth lines and curves are gorgeous...
3- Engine: its engine are at the same time fast and reliable, as I proved in the last "6 Horas de Curitiba" when, despite a prototype won the race, of the 3 porsches started, 2 finished, second and third positions.
4- Legend: everywhere you go, anyone knows porsche, (and also ferrari I know) but Porsche has a mystic, something special that attracts people.... something I canīt explain...

thatīs it!!
;)

RS6
06-18-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by FERRARI~KING
Wow. That's a hard one, but Ferrari (plz note my name :D )
Porsche may be cheaper, but they're more common and when you drive a Ferrari, everyone is staring at you. The Ferraris definetely have better engines, Fiat makes them actually, I forgot!
My final answer then? Ferrari

Porsche are alot better.

1. They are cheaper.
2. More reliable.
3. better looking.

Well the cheaper Porsche models are common but I have never seen a 996 turbo or GT2, but I have seen 2 ferrari f355s and 1 360 spider.

Then all we need to do is to compare the looks of the 'ugly' Ferrari Enzo to the masterpiece of the Porsche Carrera GT. At the end of the day what are you gonna buy. A Ferrari 360 modena which costs more than Ģ100,000 or the cheaper, faster, more reliable Porsche 911 Turbo.

piledriver
06-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by RS6
Porsche are alot better.

1. They are cheaper.
2. More reliable.
3. better looking.

Well the cheaper Porsche models are common but I have never seen a 996 turbo or GT2, but I have seen 2 ferrari f355s and 1 360 spider.

Then all we need to do is to compare the looks of the 'ugly' Ferrari Enzo to the masterpiece of the Porsche Carrera GT. At the end of the day what are you gonna buy. A Ferrari 360 modena which costs more than Ģ100,000 or the cheaper, faster, more reliable Porsche 911 Turbo.

I agree with all you said...
:cool:

motorhead
06-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Glad you noticed that too, makes at least two people who like it it is a good car and thats quite obvious but have you all looked at it before - my god it looks like a ****in hyundai santa fea - what the hell is that suppose to mean man - its a porsche for god sakes and they make i think the most beautiful cars ON EARTH and they had the chick to make that - amn my grandma's ass looks better - really

MoMurda
06-26-2003, 02:34 PM
I like both, but I'll take a v-12 over a turbo six any day, plus I think, no.. I know that porche motors sound like shit compared to a almost race ready v-8 or twelve rapping out to 8-9grand.
I saw so many Ferraris at this Ferrari Challenge; the BroAdMoor Hotel in Colorado Springs hosted one summer when I was on the grounds crew. OMG, the F-40, sounds like a monster,(blap, blap) the only F-50 there in yellow, sounded like a f1 car. And the sound of the 550s' v-12 at WOT, OMG, I think my draws where damp all day.

MoMurda
06-26-2003, 02:42 PM
One reason I feel that the Boxster S is a shitty buy, is not the styling but performance and price, the same amount of dead presidents will put you in the seat of a car, not too often associated with cars of Porches caliber.....A Corvette Z06. The best sports car value in america, a 1g on skid pad, 0-60 less than 4 seconds, top speed around 175+, doubles as every day driver, take off Z06 badging... sweet sleeper! Lemme see even a Boxster S do that for less. And nobody bring up the lame new Cobra, 391 horses, and a EVO 8 is just as quick if not quicker in 0-60 and the 0-1320 feet benchmark. A RX-8 can keep up with a Cobra on the track, but not in a straight line. Goes to show that straight line performance is not an indicator of a car's grace on the track.

piledriver
06-27-2003, 06:15 AM
the basic question about having a Porsche Boxter or a Vette, may differ from each other...
for example, a Porsche in countries with european culture, or even in Europe, has a lot more status than a Corvette...
people that like cars stop when a Porsche pass a street... but when they see a Corvette, they not even know what car is it...

itīs a question of status... a Porsche is fancier than a corvette... ;)

piledriver
06-27-2003, 06:27 AM
although I like both Corvettes and Porsches...
I LOVE Porsches...
:D

MoMurda
07-02-2003, 01:10 PM
the basic question about having a Porsche Boxter or a Vette, may differ from each other...
for example, a Porsche in countries with european culture, or even in Europe, has a lot more status than a Corvette...
people that like cars stop when a Porsche pass a street... but when they see a Corvette, they not even know what car is it...

itīs a question of status... a Porsche is fancier than a corvette... ;)
Actually in Europe they buy Fords and Vettes like we flock to their cars, I love knowing something other people don't.
a Porsche is fancier than a corvette(DUh?) but a Z06 is not just a regular corvette, and snob in the other lane probably won't know that till Z06 smokes his lil boxster S.

"..my beliefs do not require them to..."

impulse_256
07-11-2003, 09:10 AM
Well, I would have been tempted to say Porsche, but then Ferrari has stayed true to its heritage, whereas Porsche almost gave me a heart attack when they announced the Cayenne. I do understand Porsche's position on the matter........but I'd have to go with ferrari, for their technology, racing heritage, expertise, and their cars just plain loo GREAT!!!!!!

Bowling4Soup 35
07-24-2003, 12:51 AM
It's been said already many times......you get better bang-for-the-buck in Porsches. You get a car that's just as fast, handles just as well, and it can be your daily driver. Under the looks category, that's a personal opinion, and, personally, I melt everytime i see the 1998 Le Mans winning 911 GT1-98 (my favorite car of all time:D ). Once again, let's look at prices. The 360 has a base of just under $170,000, while the Turbo (which has smoked it multiple times in road tests) has a base price of roughly $115,000. The 575 is WELL into the $200,000 range, while the GT2 is sitting pretty at just over $180,000. And, of course, the monsters. Enzo=$670,000, Carrera GT=$350,000. Also, as a little tid-bit of info (which I'm sure fellow Porsche enthusiasts will enjoy;) ), the latest Ferraris (meaning in the last 10 years) have had the tendancy to fall apart after 20K miles, and then they start to nickle and dime you, unless of course another one is bought (which is usually the case). And here's my baby:

SL500
07-24-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Scarface
What is your favored car company?

Consider their history, present selection, and what the future has in store for us.
Just Ferrari
Remember Enzo

piledriver
07-24-2003, 07:12 AM
remember Ferdinand Porsche...
he made 2 of the most mytic cars around the world!!!
porsche 911
and the volkswagen sedan...

SL500
07-24-2003, 08:48 AM
remember Ferdinand Porsche...
he made 2 of the most mytic cars around the world!!!
porsche 911
and the volkswagen sedan...
Yes,you right
but now,Ferrari has Enzo with 660bhp and top speed 350 km/h
Porsche?--Carrera GT?????????--only 330 km/h....
and Enzo just 399+1 numbers built and designed by Pininfarina
its design is the best for a supercar

piledriver
07-24-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by SL500
Yes,you right

but carrera GT looks much better!!
the front of the enzo isnīt what I call cool...

piledriver
07-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Yes,you right

ok...
enzo will has 400 units to be built..
volkswagen sedan has more than 50 million around the world...
and even looking creepy is one of the more reliable cars ever made

SL500
07-25-2003, 07:06 AM
ok...
enzo will has 400 units to be built..
volkswagen sedan has more than 50 million around the world...
and even looking creepy is one of the more reliable cars ever made
MAN!,Do you understand what i said?
i said Enzo just 399+1 NUMBERS BUILT and all them was sold...
Understand?????????---Unit?---
Creepy?????????
Pinin farina is the best designer in the world and Giugiaro after him

piledriver
07-25-2003, 07:45 AM
MAN!,Do you understand what i said?
i said Enzo just 399+1 NUMBERS BUILT and all them was sold...
Understand?????????---Unit?---
Creepy?????????
Pinin farina is the best designer in the world and Giugiaro after him

I understood, but despite this, I still think enzo is ugly...
and I know pininfarina is the best designer around the world...

SL500
07-25-2003, 08:20 AM
I understood, but despite this, I still think enzo is ugly...
and I know pininfarina is the best designer around the world...
It isn't ugly,very nice supercar

piledriver
07-25-2003, 08:30 AM
It isn't ugly,very nice supercar

Itīs just a matter of taste...
Itīs a very good and fast supercar, but I still think it isnīt looks good...

SL500
07-25-2003, 08:39 AM
Itīs just a matter of taste...
Itīs a very good and fast supercar, but I still think it isnīt looks good...
Ok,ok....

Lagonda
07-29-2003, 07:26 AM
SL500 my friend, a car which is fast and looks good in your opinion is not neceserally a good car... Don't push your opinion on everyone. Your opion is as good as an other one's opinion.

SL500
07-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Lagonda
SL500 my friend, a car which is fast and looks good in your opinion is not neceserally a good car... Don't push your opinion on everyone. Your opion is as good as an other one's opinion.
So,Enzo is better or the Carrera GT? (In your opinion)
I think Enzo has a great design but he said its ugly........

Lagonda
07-29-2003, 02:23 PM
So,Enzo is better or the Carrera GT? (In your opinion)
I think Enzo has a great design but he said its ugly........

I wouldn't know, I haven't driven one of the cars yet :) . But I do know that performance-wise the Enzo will be a littlebit better but really the Carrera will be fantastic too :) .And the Carrera looks better in my opinion. It's not because Pininfarina styled the car that it looks good, it doesn't mean anything. It' in the eye of the beholder.

Gilly
07-31-2003, 11:01 PM
Have a look at this car and remind yourself just how good Porsche really is!

Gilly
07-31-2003, 11:02 PM
..................and this

Lagonda
08-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Gilly
Have a look at this car and remind yourself just how good Porsche really is!

Looks have nothing to do with quality...

Bowling4Soup 35
08-05-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Lagonda
Looks have nothing to do with quality...

I think he meant that Porsche are good at designing cars, and I agree.

piledriver
08-09-2003, 10:25 PM
for 50 years, porsche had the same basic lines, from 356 to 996...
and all of them are so beautifull and "the most wanted" and desired cars around the world...
these are just facts...

SL500
08-10-2003, 01:08 AM
and all of them are so beautifull and "the most wanted" and desired cars around the world...
these are just facts...
yes,thats right
but first ferrari

brum
08-18-2003, 12:16 AM
Go McLaren

crisis
08-18-2003, 12:24 AM
these are just facts...
Kinda makes it easier. There is no question of their desirability but not the "most wanted". Ferrari at least change their designs and they are able to do this while keeping their designs unmistakably Ferrari. Quite a feat.

ladybugger
08-18-2003, 08:31 AM
ferrari all the way! Type in porsche and take a look type in ferrari take a look whadda u think??? Its not that porches arent great but the current ones just arent as stylish as the current farrari's and have similair handling and speeds anyway. But if you look at prices porches do cost less.:)

SL500
08-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by brum
Go McLaren
hehe,may be SLR McLaren!
not F1,man

MP4/4Fan
08-19-2003, 09:27 AM
I like Ferrari better, from the 125s to the Enzo, all Ferrari's have been aimed toward performance. As far as the Enzo looks, form follows function. Ferrari's racing heritege is stronger than Porsches, although Porsche has a great racing history. Ferrari is the leader in F1 wins and manufacturing championships, and i believe has the 2nd most LeMans wins ( behind Porsche).

LEGALLYINSANE
08-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Even though I love both car companies a lot. I'd go with Ferrari as my favorite. I love the Enzo, that car has the most original design and that is what makes it beautiful.

SL500
08-26-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by LEGALLYINSANE
Even though I love both car companies a lot. I'd go with Ferrari as my favorite. I love the Enzo, that car has the most original design and that is what makes it beautiful.
Damn right!

piledriver
08-26-2003, 05:10 AM
I would like to see porsche running a F1 car again!!!!!

bajanmetro
11-25-2003, 12:29 AM
you gotta love the sound of those ferrari engines. the looks are hit and miss. the f355 was a knock out the 360 looks like a duck but they pay alot of attention to aero and porshe doesn't really unless you consider the carrera gt. you have also gotta love the coke bottle shape of porsches especially the 993 c4s. if j-lo was a car she would be a porsche. anyway porsche does outperform ferrari for a lot less dough plus the cars are everyday cars which are easy to hop in and out of. every mag you read compares everything to the 911. bmw m3 aston martin db7 subaru impreza ferrari you name it. The fact that it is a benchmark for so many means that it must be something special. no they don't make over 100 bhp per litre in standard form but we got 400+ bhp turbos that for all intents and purposes made 0-60 in under 4 secs an everyday thing. lets not talkabout brakes. I like ferrari their technology is great but porsche is everything to everybody the technology is there but not overpowering. that makes mine porsche. can't wait for a comparison between the enzo and gt. it's gonna be close

bajanmetro
11-25-2003, 12:42 AM
the cayenne was about survival there is no parent company like fiat which sells plenty cars. to continue making 911's boxters and carrera gts while staying porsche the cayenne had to be done. i'm glad they did cause i want the company to hang around. this is ferraris only true competitor. porsche is smart they now have a flat 6, v8 and v10 engine to choose from for racing so just like bmw chucked a v8 in the m3....... smart little company porsche gotta love them

henk4
11-25-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by bajanmetro
the cayenne was about survival there is no parent company like fiat which sells plenty cars.

Given the dramatic situation at Fiat, Ferrari might want to market a SUV just to save the parent.

white devil
11-25-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by austinreed2
of course it is ferrari.....way faster way better looking way better engines italian can beat germany in cars any day go ferrari!!

look man first i will say i will go with the ferrari but i dont think they will beat german car anytime look who is selling more and you know why Italian cars are more popular because they are more expensive and somtimes they dont even deserve the money and Italian almost only think of fast car German think more for family car so cant compair both :mad:

BiTurbo
11-26-2003, 12:16 AM
Porsche - a better car all round - if you exclude the one's with VW engines. :)
Ferrari's (older models) and all Italian 'hand made' cars are very poorly made indeed, and early Maserati's are the worst.

DiabloGTR
11-28-2003, 06:41 PM
No offense to Porsche lovers, but the Carrera GT looks like the Toyota MR2 spyder. lol
Anyways, back to the topic, I take Ferrari because Ferraris have more appeal and are much sexier.
Shure Porsche maybee more reliable and a better overall buy, but you gotta take Ferrari.

The Enzo is not ugly! :mad:

DwZX35
11-29-2003, 07:20 PM
well, when your in a comparison as this, you have to compare the individuals, i'll just compare a few. i'll give my opinions.

1. Carerra vs. 360 Modena, 360 wins
2. 911 GT3 vs. 360 Stradale, Tie
3. Carrera GT vs. 575M Marenello, Tie
4. Carrera GT vs. Enzo, Enzo wins

I chose the 360 because of better performance

I put this to a tie because of too similar performance

I put this to a tie because of too similar performance, even though I like the 575 better

I chose the Enzo because of better performance

megotmea7
11-29-2003, 07:35 PM
why do you compare the carrera to the 360? the 911 turbo is in comparison with the 360 and the 911 wins, as a track car and performance wise the the carrera GT wins the mostly grand tourer status of the maranello and the carrara GT is damn close to the enzo

DiabloGTR
11-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by DwZX35
well, when your in a comparison as this, you have to compare the individuals, i'll just compare a few. i'll give my opinions.

1. Carerra vs. 360 Modena, 360 wins
2. 911 GT3 vs. 360 Stradale, Tie
3. Carrera GT vs. 575M Marenello, Tie
4. Carrera GT vs. Enzo, Enzo wins

I chose the 360 because of better performance

I put this to a tie because of too similar performance

I put this to a tie because of too similar performance, even though I like the 575 better

I chose the Enzo because of better performance

Even though I took Ferrari, lets be fair here.
Comparisons
360 competes with the 911 Turbo
575m competes with the 911 GT2
Carrera GT competes with the Enzo

911 Turbo wins, GT2 wins and the Enzo wins.
As I said before Porsche is a better buy, but I'd take Ferrari for appeal.

RS6
11-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Literally all of the magazines I have read, have claimed the Carrera GT better than the Enzo.

DwZX35
12-03-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by RS6
Literally all of the magazines I have read, have claimed the Carrera GT better than the Enzo.

Its simply the most enjoyable supercar out there, now dethroning the Enzo of that title.

SL500
12-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by RS6
atleast in top speed enzo is better than Carrera GT
i luv both cars as hell,but i like enzo better

SILVER ENZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://speed.supercars.net/boardpics/2003-11-1/1751032-boblogan2a.jpg

bum-man
12-04-2003, 11:21 PM
a ferrari should never be silver just like a mercedes should never be ferrari red...anyways is that oil i see leaking out that exhaust pipe?

BiTurbo
12-05-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by bum-man
a ferrari should never be silver just like a mercedes should never be ferrari red...anyways is that oil i see leaking out that exhaust pipe?
You need to be around cars more 'bottom-boy'? -
when your exhaust cools down it sucks in moisture - mixes with some carbon and might dribble a bit.:)

sandwich
12-05-2003, 08:30 AM
damn...screw the tailpipe, show me more pictures of the girl's ass...

more seriously, how can you guys compare heritage? Ferrari has been making dream cars since 194-...I don't know when porsche started, but the early 911's weren't up to the same standard as ferrari's 250's etc.

beauty? well beauty is in the eye of the beholder (beerholder?), so looks are subjective. IMO ferrari has built more creative, more gorgeous, and sometime more organic looking cars than porsches 911. I'll give that porsche has some great looking cars, but how can you not say that that GT2 looks riced out? Ground effects and a huge spoiler on the rear...they're trying desperately to make the design do more. If you take a look at the 360 modena, it was designed to take advantage of aerodynamic forces without front air dams and spoilers...and it succeeds!

design....whereas porsche has tried to eek as much success out of their rear-engined design (which is inherently flawed with a rear heavy weight bias, if i am not mistaken), instead of progressing to a more balanced midengined design. Sure porsche has some midengined cars, but why not change? Ferrari makes several cars which take advantage of multiple layouts, the 360, the 575...ferrari is not afraid of change, but they keep traditional values alive.... Can you honestly say the new 911 looks dramatically different from the 1970's version? Now compare the 246 dino and the 360....a lot has happened since then.

supercars....Carrera gt vs. enzo? Uh...the enzo is a no-holds-barred, no expense sparred supercar...the carrera is far too docile and domesticated to compete. How on earth is the carrera going to be a better performing car when it's less powerful, heavier, and makes exceptions for comfort? I'll give the carrera looks, though i agree it's mr2-ish, but that's only opinion.

All in all, i think ferrari has it. Heritage, looks IMO, performance to a degree, and finesse. Porsche has the german quality factor, but I don't stop when i see a porsche. I poop my pants when i see or hear a 360. Porsches all look the same, sorry. And ferrari doesn't make an SUV. No compromise.

and for the lemans thing....hasn't ferrari been out of the lemans game for quite some time, and are just getting back to it now?

SL500
12-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by bum-man
i think yes,thats oil....
anyway,i prefer enzo in black(red is after black)

bum-man
12-05-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by BiTurbo
You need to be around cars more 'bottom-boy'? -
when your exhaust cools down it sucks in moisture - mixes with some carbon and might dribble a bit.:)
hehe...never really new that.;)

bum-man
12-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by sandwich
and for the lemans thing....hasn't ferrari been out of the lemans game for quite some time, and are just getting back to it now?
i think they have been supplying some private chassis manufacturers with engines for quite some time now...ever hear of a 'Judd' engine, i think it is also known as a ferrari engine.

DasModell
12-06-2003, 09:37 AM
bum-man .. you do know something about the judd and the Ferrari .. but overall. you're WRONG ...
so .. a factory Ferrari car hasn't been seen at LeMans in 30 years ..
the thing with the Judd(it's not a Ferrari engine . Judd also did engines for F1 teams in late 80 early 90 .. and the Judd used this years by RfH are based on those engines) ...when the 333SP came to an end some teams . tried to use the chassis of the 333SP . and mounted a Judd engined ..

16-4Veyron
12-09-2003, 07:18 PM
I think Ferrari has better stylings, and Porsche has MUCH more "Power/$, bang/$" whatever u wanna call it

bum-man
12-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by DasModell
bum-man .. you do know something about the judd and the Ferrari .. but overall. you're WRONG ...
so .. a factory Ferrari car hasn't been seen at LeMans in 30 years ..
the thing with the Judd(it's not a Ferrari engine . Judd also did engines for F1 teams in late 80 early 90 .. and the Judd used this years by RfH are based on those engines) ...when the 333SP came to an end some teams . tried to use the chassis of the 333SP . and mounted a Judd engined ..
ok i did not know that

F50
12-17-2003, 06:17 AM
This is my first time posting at this forum and i just have to ask one question. If you were driving, walking, whatever which kind of car would make you stop and stare more, a Ferrari or a Porsche. If i saw an F50, 360 Modena, Spyder or Enzo driving down the road i would stop and stare for a looong time. I would look at a porsche but as it has been said before most porsches look the same. They all have the same design. Also the sound a ferrari makes easily beats the girly sound of any porsche.

BiTurbo
12-17-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by F50
This is my first time posting at this forum and i just have to ask one question. If you were driving, walking, whatever which kind of car would make you stop and stare more, a Ferrari or a Porsche. If i saw an F50, 360 Modena, Spyder or Enzo driving down the road i would stop and stare for a looong time. I would look at a porsche but as it has been said before most porsches look the same. They all have the same design. Also the sound a ferrari makes easily beats the girly sound of any porsche.
Let me be the first to congratulate you -
'girly sound' is very apt, but -
only for 911's and their like (VW engined Porsches) -
The Porsche 928 (V8) is in a class all of its own and is the only Porsche worth owning. :)

Swissbeatz
12-30-2003, 01:18 PM
For me it's PORSCHE. Ferrari is a great Brand but their cars are not solids. My best friend got a Ferrai 575 Maranello, he can't drive this car everyday. He must go in Modena (Italia) each years, cause his car has a problem.
Or Porsche is an all day car. You can use it when do you want (snow, rain) and where do you want. It's recommended to do not use a Ferrari when there is snow on the road.
Ferrari is just a real beauty in the garage. lol.

I love the Scuderia.

Alfahollic
01-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Hmm Volkswagen's are way to common I mean Porsche, specially all those racing 911's my god they sound shit. Cant beat the Maranello Magic. My dad and I test drove a common old Ferrari 308 fibreglass one, with an after market exhaust on it, such a good sound from that V8. Compare the exhaust note of the growling (slightly odd sounding at top rpm, i think its the extractors they adjust/lengthern or somthing, tell me?) 360 with one of those muffled turbo porches. Also looks: Compare a slug/snail with someone like Imogen Bailey.

Alfahollic
01-07-2004, 05:09 AM
when i say test drove i mean he had just serviced it.

NAZCA C2
01-12-2004, 12:19 PM
I'd say Porsche is better because you could use most Porsches as your everyday vehicle and not worry about putting too many miles on it or breaking something.

Boxster17
01-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Being a Porsche Enthusiast - I'd have to go with Porsche. Sure Ferrari's are nice, but the thing is that the 911's have such original styling, that it's recognisable anywhere. And Porsche does have quite an interesting history, and in the end came out with the cars that we see today.

Porsches are more affordable, and (like I think I saw someone say), you get more bang for your buck...the Porsche is just a better deal, and I don't think many can argue that...

Evil Ewok
01-15-2004, 07:44 PM
Ok, I don't know what to pick really. I loved the 911 GT1 when it was out, and I love the old and newer GT2's. But as of today the ferrari is appealing to me more. Better looking, definetly better sounding, and amazing cars that can blow the doors off of anything. German is still my lover, but ferrari is laying it down where it needs to go.

SPHFerrari
01-16-2004, 12:50 PM
while i love Porsches too, Ferraris look much better and are faster. Just look at these pics. However, ill have money for a porsche before i have enough for a ferrari but if offered one or the other i would take a ferrari.

uboz
01-30-2004, 06:05 AM
I love Porsche, but all 911 are similar between of they.
Ferrari is more moving!
The two engine are very different:
Boxer for Porsche and V8 - V12 for Ferrari
My choice is for a balancing. :p

SPN:DOC
01-30-2004, 06:25 AM
Porsche all the way... :D

GT500
01-31-2004, 05:21 PM
I love Porsche and Ferrari, but overall, Ferrari takes the cake......the brownies.....the candy.....and the fireworks. I'll leave the chocolate for BMW [/crazy]

dave_fonz_164
02-04-2004, 10:38 PM
im sorry, but Ferrari and Porsche cannot be compared at all, sure the 911 turbo and gt2 give some heated competition and better bang for the buck but so does a Viper or Z06, are they worthy to be in Ferrari's league????

having said that ferrari over porsche neday, it is way superior when it comes to technology,design, refinement, engines, fun factor and overall experience.u hear a ferrari from a mile away, u barely hear or notice a porsche, the true sports car is the ferrari and those stupid lame ass excuses of bang for ur buk stuff dosnt work when ur shopping for a ferrari, sure the boxster owner could only dream of owning a ferrari. freak porsches design has been the same for the past 30 yrs, they try something new and get the cayenne?!!!?? even the mondial was better than that!!!!

Ferrari all the way,F1 world champs!!!

turbonium43
02-06-2004, 01:40 PM
Porsche for me, their racing pedigree has made their cars perfect and I hope knowoe will dare say ferrari takes the cake when it coms to racign cause they dont. Ferrari has found sucess in many feilds of racing but porsche has dominated every series it has come into knowone has more le mans wins and knowone else is resposible for a change in rules because of complete dominance. The ACO (the govering body of le mans) had to change the rules in the early 70's just to stop porsches dominance but this lead to more victorys. if anyone says that im changing the subject of this thread it isnt true caue i beleive a companys racing prowess is heaviy reflected on the cars they make.

DaModena360
02-16-2004, 08:50 PM
I think Ferraris look better than porsches specially the 360 Modena now thats a HOTTT car i have been in both cars an ferrari fells like a better made car so thats why I think Ferrari is better.

porsche GT2
02-17-2004, 09:37 AM
360 vs 911 turbo= tie

gt2 vs 575 = gt2 wins

360 stradel vs x50= x50 wins

enzo vs carrera GT =enzo

2out of 3 porsche wins ok ferrai looks better but when u get a sports car i rather out perform then look better and ferrai is more exspensive fine forget more bang for ur buck with all the money u save u can get upgrades that make a gt2 wipp a enzo plus porsche is a better built car.if u wanna race porsch is the way to go.

Egg Nog
02-17-2004, 05:23 PM
360 vs 911 turbo= tie

gt2 vs 575 = gt2 wins

360 stradel vs x50= x50 wins

enzo vs carrera GT =enzo

2out of 3 porsche wins

How do you justify these? I mean, just to bring up oine example, the GT2 isn't really a serious competitor to the 575M. It's a all-out hardcore 911, whereas the 575M is designed to be a luxurious and fast Grand Tourer...

sandwich
02-17-2004, 08:00 PM
honestly...where do you get these figures? I think the 911 is nice, but does it really compete with the 360? I don't think it is, but feel free to correct me. I was under the impression that the 360 was a far nicer car, for more than just 0-60.

Don't be a groupie. Porsche makes great cars but there are better ones out there....and random comparisons will get you SLAMMED on this bored. Justify your comparisons.

I still think ferrari is a finer automobile. I doubt the porsches will ever break, but ferrari is far more passionate, it seems to me. The enzo, while not even close to my favorite looking car, seems to be built with the kind of love that only ferrari could put into it. The carrera seems, eh...utilitarian by comparison. Very much built to compete with the enzo...not to be in a class by itself. I think i get that vibe from most porsches. Whereas i see a 550 and i have to stop in my tracks and get closer.

porsche GT2
02-17-2004, 09:58 PM
if i see any ferrari il stop in my tracks in look but u dont c a gt2 everyday and got most my info off car sites and yes a 911 turbo can keep up with a 360 modena.